Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,139 members, 7,907,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (598234 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
sean622: great bro, I'm writing to the embassy..... what do you think? thanks

How do you mean please? Your sentence by itself isn't explicit enough for me to undrstand what you are asking.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2013
Nuendo: hello my fellow nairalanders,

I have previously posted on the online process of application as i intend to use it for application. In my previous posts i asked what the major difference was between using vfs global and directly cic online portal. I really would like to know if anyone here has been successful with either of the two. (vfs and cic) and which they feel would be the most efficient.

People have been successful using either of them as they are both ways of applying for a TRV. However, regarding which is more efficient, it might be difficult to ascertain but going by the information on their website, the claim is that they attend to those who use the online portal first which implies, the online portal should be preferred by an applicant.
More so, you cannot go wrong with the documents to upload with the online application since the initial survey helps personalise your application giving you a guide as to the things required of you. This is my opinion though.

2. The program which i intend to attend is a 2 yr program which has no co-op included. Aldo i intend to work during the usual summer breaks or also take research assistant positions,now the problem is : in the questioner in the cic website used to determine the eligibility an type of visa, i cam across a question whether i intend to study alone or work while studying. My program doesn't allow "work while studying " but i intend to take up jobs during the break. Do i need a work permit for this too??

Urgent response needed please.

Regards,
Obinna

No you don't have to. The fact is you cannot get a work permit until after the first 6months of study thus, it saves you the stress of bothering your head over a work permit since you can apply after you get in here. Its just an advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

People have been successful using either of them as they are both ways of applying for a TRV. However, regarding which is more efficient, it might be difficult to ascertain but going by the information on their website, the claim is that they attend to those who use the online portal first which implies, the online portal should be preferred by an applicant.
More so, you cannot go wrong with the documents to upload with the online application since the initial survey helps personalise your application giving you a guide as to the things required of you. This is my opinion though.

No you don't have to. The fact is you cannot get a work permit until after the first 6months of study thus, it saves you the stress of bothering your head over a work permit since you can apply after you get in here. Its just an advice.

Thanks for the response. This is almost a consultancy firm....considering the speed with which all sorts of questions are answered. CDHC should contract their customer care out to you guys..lol.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN.
TEAM CANADA 2013
AMEN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2013
Huzzie:
Mine too is 3weeks time...pls do update us on d outcome.cheers.
Bro d issue apparently is dat they r yet to touch d docs o. The lady I spoke with at cdhc askd if I'v bn to vfs and I said no. She said I av a package there. On getting to vfs d guy dat attended to me the cdhc lady was referring to d earlier instructions. So one culd only conclude dat they r yet to check my docs. I presume it's d same wt u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Did you upload it when you did your initial application, if yes, you would be fine.
yes i did. another thing pls, they didnt ask for police report, do u think i shld include it or jst stick to what they requested?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
sampitts: yes i did. another thing pls, they didnt ask for police report, do u think i shld include it or jst stick to what they requested?

Stick to what is required. If they need it they would send you an email asking for it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by koolmd: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hello House,

Anybody used the on-line platform for their TRV application lately? I have uploaded my files but unable to pay the required fees with my debit cards. Has anybody succeded in doing this?? I need advise please......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Bro d issue apparently is dat they r yet to touch d docs o. The lady I spoke with at cdhc askd if I'v bn to vfs and I said no. She said I av a package there. On getting to vfs d guy dat attended to me the cdhc lady was referring to d earlier instructions. So one culd only conclude dat they r yet to check my docs. I presume it's d same wt u.
But ur case is quite better than mine since u av done medicals, I just hope to get called ds wik 2 at least increase my hope.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Can you please be more explicit?
i mean the temporary resident visa form...i have already filled the normal study permit application form,family info form,etc...i asked this because the study permit form has the same questions with this tempory resident visa form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2013
koolmd: Hello House,

Anybody used the on-line platform for their TRV application lately? I have uploaded my files but unable to pay the required fees with my debit cards. Has anybody succeded in doing this?? I need advise please......
I used it bt ma bro used his credit card to do d payment. U shld be able to use ur visa card
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Stick to what is required. If they need it they would send you an email asking for it.
Ok thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I think the advice that someone gave you till end of the month is an excellent one as well, cos for her to tell you that even if na 500K Naira dey the account doesn't matter means she is not really willing to run the account just for the sake of your visa anymore, cos of the confidence she has in the account data, while she has a fact, you wanna cover your butt and have good enuf info for the embassy.

Tanx bro. I really appreciate your advice. Infact am relieved. I wud proceed wit the statement i have with me. She's out of town, so i can't get her to print another one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
ZionSpecie:

Can you explain better what you mean by they are yet to check your documents since the lady at CDHC directed you to VFS that you have a package there? If I understand what the lady meant, I would think they have responded to you and the VFS guys are the ones that caused the delay. Have you checked through to know what the current position is? Also, try to look out at the date that the correspondence from CDHC came so that others waiting can have an idea on the next step to take.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
koolmd: Hello House,

They only accept Credit Cards running on the Mastercard or VISA Card platforms. I suggest you talk to anyone who has around you and use their card for the payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
lucky Don: i mean the temporary resident visa form...i have already filled the normal study permit application form,family info form,etc...i asked this because the study permit form has the same questions with this tempory resident visa form.

Its simply same thing as such all you need do is fill the right forms.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 6:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
Na werin all ds sponsor's wey no b ur parents dey talk..imagine my uncle telln sumthn sayn somthn similar..that canada dey find pple to enta their country...bt I v decided to b tactical abt it sha..cos in d real sense he isn't sponsoring me..my popsi is, just wanna use his cos it weighs more
dommakavelli:

She's out of town. I don't think I can get her to print another one.
Do you think the closing balance would pose any probs?
When i called her, she said even if it is 500k, that it doesn't matter.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 6:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

I don't think it really should be since you have paid your tuition already and it has a good turnover. Just use it and pray to God for favor.

Thanks Gboyega, I really appreciate your advice. Infact am relieved. I wud proceed wit d statement of acct.
Tanx so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
lucky Don: i mean the temporary resident visa form...i have already filled the normal study permit application form,family info form,etc...i asked this because the study permit form has the same questions with this tempory resident visa form.

Dude, if you are applying for a TRV, which u are fill the TRV form. On the CIC website the last time I checked there is a page that gives a brief summary and purpose of each form. In the summary they also highlight who should fill the form in view.

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
TEAM FALL 2013
1) owenklay : PG
2) galala123: PG
3) Goldie20: UG
4) ronakoks : PG
5) earthgreeners: PG (MB/SK/MUN)
6) kanayogod:UG (Lehtbridge)
7) freshdude: PG
8.) adim02: PG (Niagara) ******
9) jman77: UG (MUN)
10) dommakavelli: PG
11) bukahands: PG (MUN)
12) just_thinking: UG
13) mekusino: PG
14) blink6: UG
15) alezdegr8: PG
16) ezme: PG
17) efosa12345
18) *newacca: PG
19) Imadebaby: PG
20) rockar: PG (Niagara)
21) elkharpone: UG
22) emmatony: PG
23) vooz: PG (Saskatchewan)
24) accra2005: PG
25) seir405: PG (MUN, Sask.)
26) Emblem: PG (Lethbridge)
27) Burningflamz: PG
28) efewhao: UG (Windsor)
29) aduke02: PG
30) jennyfar: PG (Victoria, Ottawa)
31) mozo: PG(Royal road, Victoria)
32) xtus: PG(Georgian)
33) gbesunboke: PG (Fanshawe)
34) teexzle: PG (MUN)
35) twizer: PG (Saskatchewan)
36) bullstriker: PG
37) luckyDon: PG
38) jimmyjerry07: PG (Manitoba)
40) 2-Chainz: PG (Seneca College)
41) jenkord: PG (U of Western Ontario)
42) deebla: PG (Concordia Uni College)
43) Mayo47: PG (MUN)
44) etinisajay: PG (Saskatchewan)
45) Ziashi: PG (UWO , Vancouver Island)
46) Olawunmi Samuel: PG (MUN)
47) Blaw1:PG (Dalhousie)
48) nne: PG (Saskatchewan)
49) GboyegaD PG (U of Calgary)
50) seyidollar4real: UG (MUN)

If you have submitted app[b]lication for your study permit. please kindly indicate

Last Update: 16/04/2013 07:10pm[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
Has anybody encountered this problem in the filling of study permit questionaire?i couldnt type in it...can it be handwritten?i also observed that it was modified recently around March dis year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
lucky Don: Has anybody encountered this problem in the filling of study permit questionaire?i couldnt type in it...can it be handwritten?i also observed that it was modified recently around March dis year.

Modified? Tanx for dat info..i used d old one, n I typed in it tho, you can save it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
lucky Don: Has anybody encountered this problem in the filling of study permit questionaire?i couldnt type in it...can it be handwritten?i also observed that it was modified recently around March dis year.

you can either use type, or handwriting......your choice......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
earthgreeners:

you can either use type, or handwriting......your choice......
i still have one old form(study questionaire)that i filled(typed)...do u think cdhc can still accept it because this new one didnt give enough space for writing ur academic history.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
dommakavelli:

Modified? Tanx for dat info..i used d old one, n I typed in it tho, you can save it.
just checked it now...it was even modified on the 9th of this month
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2013

I think it is a challenge with the version of your Adobe as I have someone who filled his form last weekend on a computer. I don't think it can be handwritten if you intend using the online portal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2013
buchxx:
sorry ,i dont understand where all these is comming from ?
first and foremost, am not a novice forget that i registered to NL recently..
Secondly,he used 'most' which means almost all ;that is to say 99.9 percent which i contradict.
Thirdly,i dont expect u to believe me thats y i dont talk about it.just know i wasn't the only one.neither will i speak about it again

@buchxx, are u on funding? There is no way CDHC wil cll u for medicals w/out asking u to pay a year tuition fees except u ar on scholarship! Even some ppl dat paid for 1 semester were told to make additional payment of a year & in some cases also pay for accommodation. So I wnder why CDHC clld u 4 medicals w/out asking u to pay any bill?!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2013
iwinosajack :
@buchxx, are u on funding? There is no way CDHC wil cll u for medicals w/out asking u to pay a year tuition fees except u ar on scholarship! Even some ppl dat paid for 1 semester were told to make additional payment of a year & in some cases also pay for accommodation. So I wnder why CDHC clld u 4 medicals w/out asking u to pay any bill?!

Its not all applicants that are requested to make payment of tuition...from experience on this thread....about 90percent are instructed to pay while some have been lucky to escape the CDHC tuition stunt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Bro I'v not heard anything o. Infact right now I'm on my way to cdhc to ask dem what's up. Resumption date is 3weeks time mehn

Bro I wish u all d best. B rest assure dt ur trv is sure cos d Good LORD is on urside

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2013
U guys need to stop all these whinning about tuition fees man.....una no expect to pay tuition when una dey apply for VISA....there are tonnes of guys that were denied visas that hope na dem CDHC dey ask to go pay tuition...plz...stop these and pray for the best....tired of these tuition this and that....lets face real issues...if CDHC ask u to go pay tuition...go do thanksgiving for church....just that one case of the girl that was denied after tuition....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by koolmd: 9:00pm On Apr 16, 2013
sampitts: I used it bt ma bro used his credit card to do d payment. U shld be able to use ur visa card

Hello, Please could you help me clarify? Are you saying its acceptable for me to pay for my visa fees with another pereson's credit card? I just want to be sure so i don't run into some complex issues? Did ur brother actually pay for you with his card?, did it go through without any queries from the embassy? Am just trying to be very careful. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iwinosajack: 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
dommakavelli:

She's out of town. I don't think I can get her to print another one.
Do you think the closing balance would pose any probs?
When i called her, she said even if it is 500k, that it doesn't matter.

Bros I tink d closing bal matters a lot! Somtims dey don't bother(or hav d time) to go thru d SOA to see d cash flow. They may jst luk at d closing bal & mak decision(dey may assume dt ur sponsor has so many dependents or so much obligations dt is draining d acct). U knw say dem dey luk 4 excuses to deny ppl, so don't giv dem one! My 1st app in 2012 ws denied because of fund! My sponsor (elder bro) had a closing bal of abt 1.6m & inflow of abt 40m within 6mnths but I ws denied based on insufficient funds. My advice is to go with fhemmmy: wait till she builds d acct to abt 5m. All d best sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
koolmd:

Hello, Please could you help me clarify? Are you saying its acceptable for me to pay for my visa fees with another pereson's credit card? I just want to be sure so i don't run into some complex issues? Did ur brother actually pay for you with his card?, did it go through without any queries from the embassy? Am just trying to be very careful. Thanks!
...u can pay with anyone's credit card....all that is needed is the expiration date and ccv number of the card....so...if u sabi anyone...even in planet MARS....he can help u pay...just give them ur username and password details incase dem no wan giv u their pako details......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (444)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.