Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,139 members, 7,907,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:56 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (598234 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:17am On Apr 17, 2013
ik.swiss:
[/b]Hello brothers help needed here am in Europe presently studying and I got a girl friend who was an exchange student in my school and now she is back to Canada Calgary presently and she wants me to come visit for the summer and she have done the hole requirements but we have little issues on bank statement the problem is like how much will be enough for her to invite me for two months of visit cos she got five thousand dollers in her act don know if it will be enough.help needed asap[b]]
.....5 shege is more than enough bro....ensure u carry small for ur own akate as wella....now...saying u wan go Canada for 2months is way too long bro...just put in there for 2wks...tell ur omoge to book hotel for two weeks...u dont have to pay, na just booking...get the details and attach am to ur application....as a student...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Henrita: 2:06am On Apr 17, 2013
Good Job everybody! I ve been in this forum for a very longtime but was always on the shares thread but I been following this Canada student thread for a while and I ve been impressed with all the information I have been getting. Please I will love to have Mr siga's email to discuss some things with him. Thanks once again everyone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:19am On Apr 17, 2013
Henrita: Good Job everybody! I ve been in this forum for a very longtime but was always on the shares thread but I been following this Canada student thread for a while and I ve been impressed with all the information I have been getting. Please I will love to have Mr siga's email to discuss some things with him. Thanks once again everyone.
....Henrita....wetin I do oooo.... nywaz....na noshaking2012@gmail.com .... lo ba tan
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Henrita: 3:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Siga: ....Henrita....wetin I do oooo.... nywaz....na noshaking2012@gmail.com .... lo ba tan

thanks a lot I will get across asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sean622: 3:58am On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

How do you mean please? Your sentence by itself isn't explicit enough for me to undrstand what you are asking.
I mean I'm writing the letter to the embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 5:51am On Apr 17, 2013
Shares thread R u a broker
Henrita: Good Job everybody! I ve been in this forum for a very longtime but was always on the shares thread but I been following this Canada student thread for a while and I ve been impressed with all the information I have been getting. Please I will love to have Mr siga's email to discuss some things with him. Thanks once again everyone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2013
Hello house, I've finally decided to go on with my visa application. I'm using the online method. As I said earlier I am using my dads company as a sponsor's account and he is giving me a letter headed, letter of sponsorship from him and the company and he is also taking and affidavit to say he would be the one to sponsor me. I have the CAC documents of the company, tax receipt of the year ended 2012, his personal tax receipt as well. And I want to include his marriage certificate and some pictures to show I have ties to the guy and that he is really my dad. Please am I over doing it or is there stuff I still need to include. (I have also included his comoany bank statement for the past 12months)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: My application package is ready for submission, the problem is that i don't know where to send it to. I'm in Owerri. Do I mail it to them at the commission or submit it by hand. And while going through the threads here,I've come across VAC as another option for sending my app. How does it really work, I mean the VAC?
Thats one no be problem...Just enter any GTB bank nearest to u and request for VAC(canada)Payment...they will tell u the amount,it should be around 14k or so(processing and courier fee).go with ur intl passport.After payment,send the receipt number,your name,phone no and address to VAC's email.Then their UPS partners will come and pick it from your address within 2 working days.I went through dis way in my first app.But call VAC so that they brief u more.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ticklin: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: My application package is ready for submission, the problem is that i don't know where to send it to. I'm in Owerri. Do I mail it to them at the commission or submit it by hand. And while going through the threads here,I've come across VAC as another option for sending my app. How does it really work, I mean the VAC?
When I was at VAC on the 3rd of April, I was told that application by mail is no longer acceptable. That it's necessary to submit everything at VAC by hand. This is because they are preparing to implement the biometric application process, so they've stopped all such mail services. You should call them though to verify.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2013
ticklin:
When I was at VAC on the 3rd of April, I was told that application by mail is no longer acceptable. That it's necessary to submit everything at VAC by hand. This is because they are preparing to implement the biometric application process, so they've stopped all such mail services. You should call them though to verify.
i did mine last year nov,this must be a new development...cdhc wahala too much oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 8:37am On Apr 17, 2013
?Does cdhc accept photocopied dox that is certified by the court?they are just land Certificate of occupancy and business registration dox...because they stated in their checklist that all dox submitted in support of your app must be originals.I would have submitted the originals but my sponsor will be needing it in a month' time.am just in a dilemma now.what do i do?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2013
lucky Don: ?Does cdhc accept photocopied dox that is certified by the court?they are just land Certificate of occupancy and business registration dox...because they stated in their checklist that all dox submitted in support of your app must be originals.I would have submitted the originals but my sponsor will be needing it in a month' time.am just in a dilemma now.what do i do?

Certified copy shud b ˚☺k°ªª¥...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2013
dommakavelli:

Certified copy shud b ˚☺k°ªª¥...
Thanks boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 12:04pm On Apr 17, 2013
ticklin:
Can the application be submitted to VAC by proxy? And what's the service charge? I really need to get all this so I don't spend so much coming down to lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
lucky Don: ?Does cdhc accept photocopied dox that is certified by the court?they are just land Certificate of occupancy and business registration dox...because they stated in their checklist that all dox submitted in support of your app must be originals.I would have submitted the originals but my sponsor will be needing it in a month' time.am just in a dilemma now.what do i do?
All d dox I submitted were photocopies except SOA. When I was called for medicals, they requested for som original dox. Meanwhile all those photocopied dox were not court certified. Just photocopied and submitted. I wldn't knw if it is advisable though
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2013
ZionSpecie:
All d dox I submitted were photocopies except SOA. When I was called for medicals, they requested for som original dox. Meanwhile all those photocopied dox were not court certified. Just photocopied and submitted. I wldn't knw if it is advisable though
which specific dox did they request for the originals?were they financial or academic dox?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
PLEASE ANSWER ME OH MY PEOPLE! i tried using the online application method but it seems my documents are too bulky and would not be able to be uploaded on the site and i do not plan to reduce the file sizes. ANYWAY, i want to submit my documents to the VFS. Please do i submit original or photocopy of these documents?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by accra2005: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
2-chains:
PLEASE ANSWER ME OH MY PEOPLE! i tried using the online application method but it seems my documents are too bulky and would not be able to be uploaded on the site and i do not plan to reduce the file sizes. ANYWAY, i want to submit my documents to the VFS. Please do i submit original or photocopy of these documents?
which school are you going to now.is it Seneca college? i submitted my application two weeks ago via VFS. You need to submit original document plus photocopy of each document
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
accra2005:
which school are you going to now.is it Seneca college? i submitted my application two weeks ago via VFS. You need to submit original document plus photocopy of each document

Yes oh Accra it's seneca college! I am submitting mine on Tuesday next week. No wahala I would submit the original and one photocopy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
I hail what's happening here.
please my dad has finally agreed to sponsor my msc in canada. Any idea on a gud schl dat doesn't demand IELTS or TOEFL in canda for msc in mechanical engineering and is september still feasible?. thanks.ur suggestions needed asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jimmyjerry07(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
2-chains:

Bro, it's already stated in the portal that your file size should not exceed 4MB only PDF, JPG and DOC(x) file r acceptable. 4 dose dat will like to use the online method, let's try to be creative and patient in determining the file size of d doc we wana summit e.g U have only one section to upload ur financial capability, this is where u combine ur sponsors statement of account, pay slip, letter of employment, tax clearance, receipt of payment of tuition (if u v made), landed property etc all dragged n saved into a single file den upload, ensure u reduce d sizes before pastin it to Word or PDF. U will b required to do the same 4 your family info I.e all ur siblings birth cert n marriage cert on a single file. It's as simple as A,B,C. I hope someone learn frm ds cheap piece. Best of Luck 2 us all. This is our year!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Evaluate my profile and see if okay for visa application submission. I was given admission to the MA program in Economics at lakehead University. My sponsor is my eldest half sister. The list below are some of the supporting documents I've provided to back up my application.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
1. NYSC Discharge Certificate
2. BSC Certificate and Transcript(Economics Single honours)
3. National Diploma Certificate (Banking in Finance)
4. SSCE

WORKING EXPERIENCE DOCUMENTS
1. Employment Letter (A job as a bank teller 3.5 years)
2. A Reference Letter from my Boss on the job above
3. A Letter from Employer ( This is coming from my current job as a manager in a small soap manufacturing firm)
4. A Reference letter from a director in a state ministry of economics planning attesting to the program boosting my chance of been employed as a professional economist with the ministry.

FAMILY INFORMATION DOCUMENTS
1. Birth certificates of family member
2. Int'l passport of family members
3. Photos of me and my mother since my one year birth day
* I'm the only child of my mother, but I have half sibling who love me like their own.One of them is my sponsor

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS
* Will be provided by my half sister. And I'm sure it wont be much of a problem for her.

MISCELLANEOUS DOCUMENTS
1. An SOP that puts all these and much more in perspective.
2. A resume
3. An attached letter requesting for use of int'l passport (My passport will expire by January 2014, while my program ends by September 2015)
4. Certificates of stores owned by my parents.

MY ADMISSION LETTER.... I almost forgot that one.

SO people, with all these do you think I'm ready to jump the hurdle?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
jimmyjerry07:

Bro, it's already stated in the portal that your file size should not exceed 4MB only PDF, JPG and DOC(x) file r acceptable. 4 dose dat will like to use the online method, let's try to be creative and patient in determining the file size of d doc we wana summit e.g U have only one section to upload ur financial capability, this is where u combine ur sponsors statement of account, pay slip, letter of employment, tax clearance, receipt of payment of tuition (if u v made), landed property etc all dragged n saved into a single file den upload, ensure u reduce d sizes before pastin it to Word or PDF. U will b required to do the same 4 your family info I.e all ur siblings birth cert n marriage cert on a single file. It's as simple as A,B,C. I hope someone learn frm ds cheap piece. Best of Luck 2 us all. This is our year!!!
@ all,do u think siblings birth cert is necessary?i dont think so unless the person is accompying you to Canada....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: Evaluate my profile and see if okay for visa application submission. I was given admission to the MA program in Economics at lakehead University. My sponsor is my eldest half sister. The list below are some of the supporting documents I've provided to back up my application.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS:
1. NYSC Discharge Certificate
2. BSC Certificate and Transcript(Economics Single honours)
3. National Diploma Certificate (Banking in Finance)
4. SSCE

WORKING EXPERIENCE DOCUMENTS
1. Employment Letter (A job as a bank teller 3.5 years)
2. A Reference Letter from my Boss on the job above
3. A Letter from Employer ( This is coming from my current job as a manager in a small soap manufacturing firm)
4. A Reference letter from a director in a state ministry of economics planning attesting to the program boosting my chance of been employed as a professional economist with the ministry.

FAMILY INFORMATION DOCUMENTS
1. Birth certificates of family member
2. Int'l passport of family members
3. Photos of me and my mother since my one year birth day
* I'm the only child of my mother, but I have half sibling who love me like their own.One of them is my sponsor

SPONSORSHIP DOCUMENTS
* Will be provided by my half sister. And I'm sure it wont be much of a problem for her.

MISCELLANEOUS DOCUMENTS
1. An SOP that puts all these and much more in perspective.
2. A resume
3. An attached letter requesting for use of int'l passport (My passport will expire by January 2014, while my program ends by September 2015)
4. Certificates of stores owned by my parents.

MY ADMISSION LETTER.... I almost forgot that one.

SO people, with all these do you think I'm ready to jump the hurdle?

Sorry was all these requested of you? Just curious.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
Hello All,
I want to know if i could use my statement of result ( Original ) if i haven't collected the original certificate from my tertiary institution for the visa application process.

Awaiting any form of response.
regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
sean622: I mean I'm writing the letter to the embassy

Play by the rules i.e. make it detailed but not verbose.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
2-chains:

You can reduce the size of the file on Adobe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
jimmyjerry07:

No one asked for birth certificate now. Why do we want to give them unnecessary work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nuendo:

Sorry was all these requested of you? Just curious.
judging be all I've learnt from this forum and others. It's not just about what was requested of you, but what will strengthen your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
onuawuchi: judging be all I've learnt from this forum and others. It's not just about what was requested of you, but what will strengthen your application.

Do you truly think all those things strengthen applications or only makes the process longer? I think the best thing is providing the documents requested and having a good letter of interest addressing other things that you know can strengthen your application. This is why I will support the online application over and over any other type of application.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

Do you truly think all those things strengthen applications or only makes the process longer? I think the best thing is providing the documents requested and having a good letter of interest addressing other things that you know can strengthen your application. This is why I will support the online application over and over any other type of application.
Infact this is why I listed. For constructive criticism. So what are the things I listed there, you think will rather add more time to my decision window than strengthen my application. I'm all ears.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
GboyegaD:

What is the link to online application? I've been looking for that weblink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (444)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.