Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,167 members, 7,907,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (598249 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
lammzy:
Am nt a guy, and ave search but get just 1, u can jst give me two to three names of schools dat u knw, dat nt a prob, is it?
@lammzy, students from nigeria are exempted from taking toefl to enter most canny schools.the question is are u going for u.g or p.g? the worst they can ask for p.g is GRE orGMAt.unless, in rare occasion your country or school is not listed in list of exemption.
U can as well go to aucc.ca and accc.ca to search for universities and colleges databases repectively,check there programs,levels and minimum requirement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 12:41am On Apr 16, 2013
buchxx:

that is wrong information, i was not instructed to pay any bills when i did my medicals last month
buchxx:

that is wrong information, i was not instructed to pay any bills when i did my medicals last month
Definitely a learner tongue...he said Most people, he didn't say everyone,looking at tinz on ds thread for d past few months @ticklin info is correct. Moreova, aw do u expect us to know that u were not told to pay when ur existence was unknown 2 us d period u claim 2 av done ur medicals. Pls newbees here, dnt jst come here and tag peeps info as wrong or misleading wen u avnt taken ur time 2 read d whole parts, and for u guys asking abt wich skool 2 choose pls n pls jst take ur tym 2 google wot u nid by den ur question will b constructive enuff.
Nobody is an island here, we are here 2 help each oda so pls don't take advantage of dt by jst coming here 2 tap odaz knowledge nd den zoom off without contibuting a little. cool..noffin personal,one love.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 16, 2013
Huzzie:
Definitely a learner tongue...he said Most people, he didn't say everyone,looking at tinz on ds thread for d past few months @ticklin info is correct. Moreova, aw do u expect us to know that u were not told to pay when ur existence was unknown 2 us d period u claim 2 av done ur medicals. Pls newbees here, dnt jst come here and tag peeps info as wrong or misleading wen u avnt taken ur time 2 read d whole parts, and for u guys asking abt wich skool 2 choose pls n pls jst take ur tym 2 google wot u nid by den ur question will b constructive enuff.
Nobody is an island here, we are here 2 help each oda so pls don't take advantage of dt by jst coming here 2 tap odaz knowledge nd den zoom off without contibuting a little. cool..noffin personal,one love.
sorry ,i dont understand where all these is comming from ?
first and foremost, am not a novice forget that i registered to NL recently..
Secondly,he used 'most' which means almost all ;that is to say 99.9 percent which i contradict.
Thirdly,i dont expect u to believe me thats y i dont talk about it.just know i wasn't the only one.neither will i speak about it again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by lammzy: 1:54am On Apr 16, 2013
buchxx:
@lammzy, students from nigeria are exempted from taking toefl to enter most canny schools.the question is are u going for u.g or p.g?if former no,if latter no, the worst they can ask for p.g is GRE orGMAt.unless, in rare occasion your country or school is not listed in list of exemption.
U can as well go to aucc.ca and accc.ca to search for universities and colleges databases repectively,check there programs,levels and minimum requirement.
. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:13am On Apr 16, 2013
buchxx:
sorry ,i dont understand where all these is comming from ?
first and foremost, am not a novice forget that i registered to NL recently..
Secondly,he used 'most' which means almost all ;that is to say 99.9 percent which i contradict.
Thirdly,i dont expect u to believe me thats y i dont talk about it.just know i wasn't the only one.neither will i speak about it again
Like i said, noffin personal...nobody is calling anybody a novice because u jst registered or not.And again most doesnt mean almost all, it simply means the largest percentage, am not saying anything about sincerity, I was only trying to tell u dt we never could av known dt CDHC doesnt instruct everyone to pay because recently most peeps dt got dir TRV n medical calls were instructed to. If my comment got u at d wrong time, am sowi den....so pls dnt take any offense.welcome to d forum anyways, What school did u apply to, wot level , wot start date Spring/fall ,when did u submit ur docx to CDHC and when were u called for medicals.

My application is precisely 11weeks and am still hopeful for medicals, resumption date is May 6. @Zionspecie any news about ur TRV, @Sampitts any news about ur medicals @ticklin..ow far, hope u still av time on ur side sha?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 8:16am On Apr 16, 2013
TEAM SPRING/SUMMER 2013

1. Olufemi14 PG conestoga college Gotten TRV
2. Iwinosajack TRU Gotten TRV
3. Kayce43 PG Conestoga Gotten TRV
4. Zionspecie PG UNBC awaiting TRV
5. Huzzie Macc Brock Jan 21
6. Ticklin ? Concordia Uni. Feb 11
7. Sampitts Msc Queensu ?

Updated list.

For: SUMMER/SPRING APPLICANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2013
oreroyce: Any student of University Of Regina here....really need help...u can reach me on oreroyce@gmail.com

I applied to Uni of Regina. But dey haven't reached admission decision. I think it's gonna take them forever so, I settled for MUN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by EMEKS86: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2013
I've being following this forum for three weeks now though not yet made a comment, hope you guys bear with me. I had applied for admission at the University of Newbrunswick, and equally sent all documents they requested for. The admission in question is September, but sadly, I have not heard from them close to two weeks now since they told me my admission status will be communicated in few days time. Am afraid because time is getting short. Please what might be the cause of the delay, and is there any person who applied to same school and gotten his admission letter recently?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sean622: 10:12am On Apr 16, 2013
hello house, can someone put me thru how to write an intent letter and if I need any at all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2013
sean622: hello house, can someone put me thru how to write an intent letter and if I need any at all

Which of the intent letters are you trying to write? If it is to the school you are applying to, then I would suggest a nice and captivating introduction, an highlight of your dreams, your preparations towards the program, how the program aligns with your dreams, why the school, and how you intend to use whatever you learn from the program towards bettering your future and those around you.

If it is to the embassy, an introduction, an highlight of your dream, why the program/course and Canada, what you intend to achieve with it, your preparation so far and how you intend impacting your generation with the knowledge you acquire from their country.

The basic rule is: make it detailed but not verbose.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
EMEKS86: I've being following this forum for three weeks now though not yet made a comment, hope you guys bear with me. I had applied for admission at the University of Newbrunswick, and equally sent all documents they requested for. The admission in question is September, but sadly, I have not heard from them close to two weeks now since they told me my admission status will be communicated in few days time. Am afraid because time is getting short. Please what might be the cause of the delay, and is there any person who applied to same school and gotten his admission letter recently?

Why not write or call the department since its been over 2weeks?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Huzzie:
Like i said, noffin personal...nobody is calling anybody a novice because u jst registered or not.And again most doesnt mean almost all, it simply means the largest percentage, am not saying anything about sincerity, I was only trying to tell u dt we never could av known dt CDHC doesnt instruct everyone to pay because recently most peeps dt got dir TRV n medical calls were instructed to. If my comment got u at d wrong time, am sowi den....so pls dnt take any offense.welcome to d forum anyways, What school did u apply to, wot level , wot start date Spring/fall ,when did u submit ur docx to CDHC and when were u called for medicals.

My application is precisely 11weeks and am still hopeful for medicals, resumption date is May 6. @Zionspecie any news about ur TRV, @Sampitts any news about ur medicals @ticklin..ow far, hope u still av time on ur side sha?
Bro I'v not heard anything o. Infact right now I'm on my way to cdhc to ask dem what's up. Resumption date is 3weeks time mehn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
[/b]Hello brothers help needed here am in Europe presently studying and I got a girl friend who was an exchange student in my school and now she is back to Canada Calgary presently and she wants me to come visit for the summer and she have done the hole requirements but we have little issues on bank statement the problem is like how much will be enough for her to invite me for two months of visit cos she got five thousand dollers in her act don know if it will be enough.help needed asap[b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
ZionSpecie:
Bro I'v not heard anything o. Infact right now I'm on my way to cdhc to ask dem what's up. Resumption date is 3weeks time mehn
Mine too is 3weeks time...pls do update us on d outcome.cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2013
Hello peeps, mr siga n all. Pls advice me on this issue

Am about to complete my TRV application but sadly, i have a problem wit my sponsor's account. I got d statement today.
Here is d summary
Opening balance(Bal B/F) 19.8m
Closing balance 1.6m
Total credit 22m
Total Debit 40.2m

As @ 15th oct, she had 19.8m den, it droped bit by bit to 13m @ 13th november. She withdrew n deposited sum cash in d process tho. She Deposited abt 6.2m and withdrew abt 12.8 during dat period.

As @ 30th november, The bal dropped to 4m( during dat persiod, she deposited 5.4m n withdrew abt 14.4m)

As @ december 2012, d balance dropped to abt 77k, den it rose to an average of 4m in early february 2013(during that period, she made many transactions too. Both in and out).

By late february 2013, d bal dropped to 50k ( she made transactions during dat period too. Debit n credit.

As at end of march, she had 3.8m as d balance. N it dropped bit by bit to 2.3m by april 10 (last week friday)

Then, as at today, the balance is 1.6m..(Closing balance)

Sponsor is my aunt and she's willing to give me a C of O of one of her properties in support of her wealth.

In addition, i've paid my full tuition, $3936. accommodation fee is $4566. Odas $8800

Total cost of studies (accommodation + extra 10000- tuition) = $14566 about 2.3m

but i wrote $20000 as funds available for studies. about 3m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by diiiiipo: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Apply from where you are and I do not think that is an issue per se. Just align your goals with your past, present and how it transcends into the future on your letter of interest and you would be fine.

You should have $21k for tuition, $10k for living expense and additional $4k for your wife. Did you get any kind of funding?

What other reason do you have besides that she is your wife. The most important thing is showing you have enough funds to take care of you both. It tells you are not a selfish fellow who is only watching out for himself particularly since you are not with your kins people and you wouldn't want to leave your wife alone in a foreign land.

Apply for a TRV for her and in the cause of the application, you state it that she needs a work permit alongside the TRV because you expect her to work as well.

Hope my answer helps.

Thank you GboyegaD. I really appreciate all the suggestions you gave. I'd work with them accordingly.

Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Since you applied online, I do not think they will be sending you any physical document. If you read through the website, it was explicitly stated that all correspondence would be via electronic mail and I think it applies to all countries although I am not sure. Therefore, log in to your profile on the www.cic.gc.ca page and once you do all the necessary verifications, look down on the page where you have that you have submitted and your new mails should be there. It is most likely that you would have it in there for you to read and then print.
Here is a detailed step by step of what to do:

1. Go to the webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-int.asp
2. One open, go to my application tab, use the drop button and select my application - main page.
3. Then click on apply online, and then Temporary Residence and sign on to your page.
4. Once verification is complete, it takes you to the page in the attached, look to the bottom and you should see your mails there, and I believe you should have it on there to print.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Gboyega, let me try that and see
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2013
sampitts: Thanks Gboyega, let me try that and see

You are welcome and I hope its good news.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mr siga, Earthgreeners, Phemmy, gboyega et all...i need all of U pls. angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

You are welcome and I hope its good news.
God bless u for dat idea. The form is in mycic account. I've been waiting for it to come by mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 2:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
@ all pls should i also fill the temporary visa form?is it necessary?pls urgent answer...one love
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
sampitts: God bless u for dat idea. The form is in mycic account. I've been waiting for it to come by mail

That's why we are here to share ideas. Just print it and then go do your medicals. If you are required to pay tuition, go ahead to do it and then upload the reciept as I am sure they would have made room for you to be able to upload it.
Best of luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2013
dommakavelli: Mr siga, Earthgreeners, Phemmy, gboyega et all...i need all of U pls. angry

Is she expecting any deposit soon? If yes, you could choose to wait for the funds to come in and then print the statement. Another option is based on your explanation, if she gets her statement monthly, then you could use it up to the end of month where she had a balance of N3.8m and also attach the housing document.
Above all, in your letter of interest, find a way to explain the relationship between you, the reason why she is funding you, the nature of her job/business and how her cashflow operates. If possible, get her accountant to give you the statment of her cash flow to show that she is financially fit to sponsor you. You could also choose to add that "because of the value she places on education and to ease her of the financial burden, you both agreed on your choice of school for its overall quality in your field as well as the low cost of tuition and living expense compared to other pronvinces in Canada". That way, it shows you are tactical in your approach to real life issues.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sean622: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Which of the intent letters are you trying to write? If it is to the school you are applying to, then I would suggest a nice and captivating introduction, an highlight of your dreams, your preparations towards the program, how the program aligns with your dreams, why the school, and how you intend to use whatever you learn from the program towards bettering your future and those around you.

If it is to the embassy, an introduction, an highlight of your dream, why the program/course and Canada, what you intend to achieve with it, your preparation so far and how you intend impacting your generation with the knowledge you acquire from their country.

The basic rule is: make it detailed but not verbose.

great bro, I'm writing to the embassy..... what do you think? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Is she expecting any deposit soon? If yes, you could choose to wait for the funds to come in and then print the statement. Another option is based on your explanation, if she gets her statement monthly, then you could use it up to the end of month where she had a balance of N3.8m and also attach the housing document.
Above all, in your letter of interest, find a way to explain the relationship between you, the reason why she is funding you, the nature of her job/business and how her cashflow operates. If possible, get her accountant to give you the statment of her cash flow to show that she is financially fit to sponsor you. You could also choose to add that "because of the value she places on education and to ease her of the financial burden, you both agreed on your choice of school for its overall quality in your field as well as the low cost of tuition and living expense compared to other pronvinces in Canada". That way, it shows you are tactical in your approach to real life issues.

She's out of town. I don't think I can get her to print another one.
Do you think the closing balance would pose any probs?
When i called her, she said even if it is 500k, that it doesn't matter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
dommakavelli: Hello peeps, mr siga n all. Pls advice me on this issue

Am about to complete my TRV application but sadly, i have a problem wit my sponsor's account. I got d statement today.
Here is d summary
Opening balance(Bal B/F) 19.8m
Closing balance 1.6m
Total credit 22m
Total Debit 40.2m

As @ 15th oct, she had 19.8m den, it droped bit by bit to 13m @ 13th november. She withdrew n deposited sum cash in d process tho. She Deposited abt 6.2m and withdrew abt 12.8 during dat period.

As @ 30th november, The bal dropped to 4m( during dat persiod, she deposited 5.4m n withdrew abt 14.4m)

As @ december 2012, d balance dropped to abt 77k, den it rose to an average of 4m in early february 2013(during that period, she made many transactions too. Both in and out).

By late february 2013, d bal dropped to 50k ( she made transactions during dat period too. Debit n credit.

As at end of march, she had 3.8m as d balance. N it dropped bit by bit to 2.3m by april 10 (last week friday)

Then, as at today, the balance is 1.6m..(Closing balance)

Sponsor is my aunt and she's willing to give me a C of O of one of her properties in support of her wealth.

In addition, i've paid my full tuition, $3936. accommodation fee is $4566. Odas $8800

Total cost of studies (accommodation + extra 10000- tuition) = $14566 about 2.3m

but i wrote $20000 as funds available for studies. about 3m

That is a great account right there, cos that shows a real business person that just dont leave money in her account to look into the eyes of that money but someone that invest well and know how to do it.

But on the contrary it could mean that she is paying off some of her debt as well.

But from the Credit and the Debit, she looks good and MIGHT be to your advantage however, i will advice that before you print it out to submit it, try and allow her to work the account a little bit more into a range of at least 4 - 5M Naira and with the activities in that account, financing shouldn't be any issue.

Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
dommakavelli:

I think the advice that someone gave you till end of the month is an excellent one as well, cos for her to tell you that even if na 500K Naira dey the account doesn't matter means she is not really willing to run the account just for the sake of your visa anymore, cos of the confidence she has in the account data, while she has a fact, you wanna cover your butt and have good enuf info for the embassy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

That's why we are here to share ideas. Just print it and then go do your medicals. If you are required to pay tuition, go ahead to do it and then upload the reciept as I am sure they would have made room for you to be able to upload it.
Best of luck.
I'm nt paying tuition, i have scholarship of 25k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 3:59pm On Apr 16, 2013
hello my fellow nairalanders,

I have previously posted on the online process of application as i intend to use it for application. In my previous posts i asked what the major difference was between using vfs global and directly cic online portal. I really would like to
know if anyone here has been successful with either of the two. (vfs and cic) and which they feel would be the most efficient.

2. The program which i intend to attend is a 2 yr program which has no co-op included. Aldo i intend to work during the usual summer breaks or also take research assistant positions,now the problem is : in the questioner in the cic website used to determine the eligibility an type of visa, i cam across a question whether i intend to study alone or work while studying. My program doesn't allow "work while studying " but i intend to take up jobs during the break. Do i need a work permit for this too??

Urgent response needed please.

Regards,
Obinna
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
sampitts: I'm nt paying tuition, i have scholarship of 25k

Did you upload it when you did your initial application, if yes, you would be fine.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
dommakavelli:

I don't think it really should be since you have paid your tuition already and it has a good turnover. Just use it and pray to God for favor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
lucky Don: @ all pls should i also fill the temporary visa form?is it necessary?pls urgent answer...one love

Can you please be more explicit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (444)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.