Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,456 members, 7,971,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:23 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (605492 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
i want to be read from people to know how to doing my own but everybody was quayet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Akanmu2013: 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
@siga,
somebody was toad me i can come to cananda with my mecanical cert that they will giving me visa without gone to school.pls is it corect sir. his toad me to bring money like say 150000.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Akanmu2013: @siga,
somebody was toad me i can come to cananda with my mecanical cert that they will giving me visa without gone to school.pls is it corect sir. his toad me to bring money like say 150000.
....if u like to gamble ur money away....go ahead....na ur choice Akanmu .... I don advise u on school...but if u dey look for shortcut...carry go...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
Oga siga o sent u a mail sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
ZionSpecie: Oga siga o sent u a mail sir
..plz resend....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
Huzzie: @Ticklin, owfar wiv ur medicals n payment, u didn't even update us. So ds house can b ds dry, na wa ooo. No medical news, Trv news n admission too,Next week is another week.

Its your own trv news we are expecting smiley

september applicants have not even applied for visa, most of us are still expecting admission letter sef.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hello All,

This is my first post on Niaraland although i have followed several threads for a few months now. I must commend the efforts of those who devote time to enlighten all of us. You guys have shown the positive sides of the internet and how it can be used for the greater good.

I am a graduate of architecture who just secured admission into Uni of Calgary for a 2 year masters in Architecture. I am hoping to start my visa application once i receive the hard copy of the admission letter. Having gone through various comments from part 3 - 4, i would like to ask the following questions and would appreciate answers based on experience.

1. Assuming i start my application process by Late April - First week of May, would it be to late considering a Sept 1st starting date?

2. Is it possible to apply for the visa through another country (GHANA TO BE PRECISE) considering the significant difference in the processing time (18 weeks vs 4 weeks)

3. My tuition is about 16,000 usd (2.5m naira approx), Living expenses/yr : 10,000 usd (1.5m) ; WOULD IT BE SAFE TO HAVE ABOUT 4.5m naira in the account i am presenting (My dad) for a successful visa app.

4. I would like an enlightenment on the following means of visa application in terms of surest / shortest possible duration.
a. MAPLE EDUCATION INC b.VFS GLOBAL c. online application via vfs or Canadian embassy.

5. Finally, minus play_play mata , shey dis canadian visa application dey really reach that 18 weeks? My liver just dey cut since i see the tin. Abeg na so e be

I really look forward to timely responses from those with experience on the issue or similar.

Best Regards all,
YOU GUYS ROCK!!! grin

Nuendo.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nuendo: Hello All,

This is my first post on Niaraland although i have followed several threads for a few months now. I must commend the efforts of those who devote time to enlighten all of us. You guys have shown the positive sides of the internet and how it can be used for the greater good.

I am a graduate of architecture who just secured admission into Uni of Calgary for a 2 year masters in Architecture. I am hoping to start my visa application once i receive the hard copy of the admission letter. Having gone through various comments from part 3 - 4, i would like to ask the following questions and would appreciate answers based on experience.

1. Assuming i start my application process by Late April - First week of May, would it be to late considering a Sept 1st starting date?

2. Is it possible to apply for the visa through another country (GHANA TO BE PRECISE) considering the significant difference in the processing time (18 weeks vs 4 weeks)

3. My tuition is about 16,000 usd (2.5m naira approx), Living expenses/yr : 10,000 usd (1.5m) ; WOULD IT BE SAFE TO HAVE ABOUT 4.5m naira in the account i am presenting (My dad) for a successful visa app.

4. Finally, minus play_play mata , shey dis canadian visa application dey really reach that 18 weeks? My liver just dey cut since i see the tin. Abeg na so e be

I really look forward to timely responses from those with experience on the issue or similar.

Best Regards all,
YOU GUYS ROCK!!! grin

Nuendo.

No. 1 answer:

1) don't think its late to apply then...all you need to do is to ensure that the documents you present to CDHC are very straight forward (does not require strenous verification processes)

No 2 answer:

If and only if you're a citizen of Ghana,you can go ahead. If otherwise,save urself the unnecessary stress. I don't think its possible considering the fact that you must apply from your home country.

No.3 answer:

I don't think it will see you thru considering the fact that ur dad must have other dependants...abi you go carry the whole money go Canada and leave ur family to die of starvation Think about it my brother...
You can make the amount up to #8million

No 4 answer:
A)
Considering using an agent, I have a very lil knowledge,ßuђ all I can say is that they work with their checklist (just like CDHC),and once you meet with the criterias they listed (just like CDHC as well), you're sure of getting ur visa by God's grace.

4b) The shorter means of applying is at the moment under review ßuђ I feel the online method will be faster cos its still used by few and they'll try to gain people's confidence inusing it by making the time duration very short.

No. 5 answer:

If all the documents you presented to CDHC are unambiguous,you'll be thru before the stipulated 18 weeks.
Hint: make all the documents you intend to submit as concise and straight forward as possible.

I wish you all the best in your submission.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
Onye oma:

No. 1 answer:

1) don't think its late to apply then...all you need to do is to ensure that the documents you present to CDHC are very straight forward (does not require strenous verification processes)

No 2 answer:

If and only if you're a citizen of Ghana,you can go ahead. If otherwise,save urself the unnecessary stress. I don't think its possible considering the fact that you must apply from your home country.

No.3 answer:

I don't think it will see you thru considering the fact that ur dad must have other dependants...abi you go carry the whole money go Canada and leave ur family to die of starvation Think about it my brother...
You can make the amount up to #8million

No 4 answer:
A)
Considering using an agent, I have a very lil knowledge,ßuђ all I can say is that they work with their checklist (just like CDHC),and once you meet with the criterias they listed (just like CDHC as well), you're sure of getting ur visa by God's grace.

4b) The shorter means of applying is at the moment under review ßuђ I feel the online method will be faster cos its still used by few and they'll try to gain people's confidence inusing it by making the time duration very short.

No. 5 answer:

If all the documents you presented to CDHC are unambiguous,you'll be thru before the stipulated 18 weeks.
Hint: make all the documents you intend to submit as concise and straight forward as possible.

I wish you all the best in your submission.

Thnks Onye oma. I really appreciate your detailed response. ka chukwu gozie gi .

besides are in currently residing in Canada? Hope life is good?

regards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
Siga: ..plz resend....
Just resent it now sir. Plus another one. Lemme be sure dat d email addy is noshaking@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
Na lie....my addy na noshaking2012@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nuendo:

Thnks Onye oma. I really appreciate your detailed response. ka chukwu gozie gi .

regards.
.....I go just add a little for now.....u don't need to be a Ghanian citizenship to apply from Ghana.....u can apply from anywhere so far u hold residency there...it can on a study visa, work permit or PR.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Siga: .....I go just add a little for now.....u don't need to be a Ghanian citizenship to apply from Ghana.....u can apply from anywhere so far u hold residency there...it can on a study visa, work permit or PR.....

Thanx boss... grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
Nuendo:

regards.

You're welcome bro, Ya gozikwa gi...

Yes,effective from September (by the special grace of God). Life is manageable in Naija where I am @ d moment and will definitely be good in Canada (from what I saw in my dream)...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
olawunmi_samuel:

Its your own trv news we are expecting smiley

september applicants have not even applied for visa, most of us are still expecting admission letter sef.
Thanks bro, God's willing you will get the admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
Siga: Na lie....my addy na noshaking2012@gmail.com
Oh thanks sir. I'v resent it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
I applied through the online platform last week saturday and got an email today asking me to send my passport that my application has been approved. It took just 6 days. I just left the Post Office where I went to submit my documents. I wasn't required to do medicals or asked for my original documents although I attached scanned copy of my transcripts with my statement of interest. I hope to get my TRV next week all things been equal.
All I filled were the application form, my family form, schedule 1 and I attached my statement of interest including my transcripts, a scanned copy of my admission letter and a scanned copy of my letter of funding from my department. No originals were asked of me and I never bothered sending any.
To as many who are looking forward to theirs, I pray God Almighty grant the desires of your heart in Jesus Name.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by OjaP: 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
GboyegaD: I applied through the online platform last week saturday and got an email today asking me to send my passport that my application has been approved. It took just 6 days. I just left the Post Office where I went to submit my documents. I wasn't required to do medicals or asked for my original documents although I attached scanned copy of my transcripts with my statement of interest. I hope to get my TRV next week all things been equal.
All I filled were the application form, my family form, schedule 1 and I attached my statement of interest including my transcripts, a scanned copy of my admission letter and a scanned copy of my letter of funding from my department. No originals were asked of me and I never bothered sending any.
To as many who are looking forward to theirs, I pray God Almighty grant the desires of your heart in Jesus Name.

Congrats bro!! So fast and easy prolly because you applied from the US?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
OjaP:

Congrats bro!! Prolly because you applied from the US?

Thanks a lot bro. I think so too. I actually had like 6 admissions from the US however, I feel Calgary is the topmost of the schools I got in Economics and with the 4years guaranteed funding that requires just one semester of 10hours/week job, I think it is the best thing ever.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by OjaP: 10:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

Thanks a lot bro. I think so too. I actually had like 6 admissions from the US however, I feel Calgary is the topmost of the schools I got in Economics and with the 4years guaranteed funding that requires just one semester of 10hours/week job, I think it is the best thing ever.

Wow!!! That's the best decision ever + you get your green card in your second year in the program.

I went for the AAPG conference in Halifax sometimes in 2011 and needed a Canadian Visa. I applied in the afternoon and got a 2year Multiple the following morning. I was like "so easy"? I think living or schooling in America open doors to many other countries.

Congrats again bro. I am happy for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by spencer3705(m): 10:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
my country people how una dey? busy things everytime here in canada...just wana hail for keeping the good work alive..God bless u all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
Huzzie:
Thanks bro, God's willing you will get the admission.

Got the admission already, just expecting hard copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
Rapuziaokwu, I see you bro...how are you doing over there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
My fellow nairalanders..how has it been? Here in U of Sask wit Spencer...it has been very busy...thought I should say hi. Wish u all success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
Rapuziaokwu: My fellow nairalanders..how has it been? Here in U of Sask wit Spencer...it has been very busy...thought I should say hi. Wish u all success.[/b][/color][size=8pt]

I mere ofuma nwanne mmadu.
Try and make ur presence more often bro...
I wish you all the best in your endeavours.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
spencer3705: my country people how una dey? busy things everytime here in canada...just wana hail for keeping the good work alive..God bless u all
...Ahhhh...U this boy....nice to hear from u...I hope u wont call me fake this time ooo grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
I am doing gud o....how is the process going?
Onye oma: Rapuziaokwu, I see you bro...how are you doing over there

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by spencer3705(m): 10:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
Siga: ...Ahhhh...U this boy....nice to hear from u...I hope u wont call me fake this time ooo grin grin grin

Nice hearing from you too bro...i commend your good work here..God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

I really did not have ur timeline. Are you a Ghanian, studying in the Us and now moving to Calgary,Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:01am On Apr 13, 2013
OjaP:

Wow!!! That's the best decision ever + you get your green card in your second year in the program.

I went for the AAPG conference in Halifax sometimes in 2011 and needed a Canadian Visa. I applied in the afternoon and got a 2year Multiple the following morning. I was like "so easy"? I think living or schooling in America open doors to many other countries.

Congrats again bro. I am happy for you.

Thanks a lot bro. Hoping for the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:06am On Apr 13, 2013
ferdimako:

I really did not have ur timeline. Are you a Ghanian, studying in the Us and now moving to Calgary,Canada?

No, I am a typical Nigerian.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 12:12am On Apr 13, 2013
Wow. It's surprising how easy it is to get d TRV outside naija. Well, we all on dis thread are moving out soon. So we will all get to tell sat story.

@siga thanks for ur reply sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (444)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.