Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,644 members, 7,885,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:19 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595545 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Canadidacy:

Ma'am inas much as you're a Nigerian, VO tends to check ur docs well cos of our good name, it's better to overload dem dan present inadequate docs. Infact if I see my grand mama birth Cert I go add am to my application come march 2014.

Bros from experience it may not be better to overload them oh, its not new knowledge that the bulkier the application, the more verification to be carried out and all these verifications could lead to 4-5 months wait, you need to keep your application as simple and straightforward as possible . try not to include any unnecessary documents
however, if the online route does not require you to upload your certificates please do not include it but I think if you are applying via paper route you need to submit your certificate along with your offer letter, submitting offer letter alone, particularly for a postgraduate programme may not be a nice idea , , your transcript might not be necessary but I submitted mine anyway.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
adewaleafolabi: I got my passport today and was asked to pay for a year tuition and board.
However, my school had me deregister my 1st semester since it had closed. Now all i can pay for is second semester.
Also am not staying on campus. Am staying with an homestay family. We've been in touch for months now.

Do i just go ahead to pay for a semester alone, since registration for next session isn't open and i can't pay for it. Also do i tell my homestay family to write a letter on my behalf to CDHC? Thanks

Well, you can really only pay for what you can pay for at this stage, right? If they'll only take your money for one semester, go for it. And if you can get something from the homestay family in support of your board (have you paid them?), you should.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

Just a correction- you're very wrong.

...Just picked up on this...fair enough, stick with the nuance of the language of the original
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
jadapinket13:
They never asked for transcript or certificate, the VO does not know the prerequisite for courses its only the school, they have already evaluated the student and confirm the student is qualified before issuing the offer letter. Go to immigration site cic and check for requirements for students. They know what they are doing by asking for offer letters only. Try checking the online requirements before advising people. The online application is a worldwide requirements and not for Nigerians. Therefore they have made it as minimum as possible.
....Ma'am dats how the paper route too looks like biko....they have requirements also to be submitted but people still add extra docx to boost there chances....SOP,affidavit of sponsorship /letter of sponsorship isnt a requirement but people add dis to boost chances.....i remember sometimes ago, someone wrote on this thread that "THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SENSE IN MY APPLICATION IS THE CAPTIVATING SOP I WROTE"....do u know what that statement means?....it means other docx he submited to the embassy were redflags except for the captivating SOP which isnt a requirement in visa application.....he got his TRV...so my sister if its not stated as a requirement online it can still be squeezed in one the pdf to be submitted....and besides u said ur SOA na 1billion naira...why dem no go call u for medics?....biko dont mislead people u dig? grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
chidinmaaa: His thoughts for us are thoughts of good and not of evil to give us an expected end. My medical don show. I give God d glory

I happy for you die!
Remember I said you gon get it soon that u shld start dancing Kedi Ke!
Miss Kedike lori medical... Na u be baller!!

God is great!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
adewaleafolabi: I got my passport today and was asked to pay for a year tuition and board.
However, my school had me deregister my 1st semester since it had closed. Now all i can pay for is second semester.
Also am not staying on campus. Am staying with an homestay family. We've been in touch for months now.

Do i just go ahead to pay for a semester alone, since registration for next session isn't open and i can't pay for it. Also do i tell my homestay family to write a letter on my behalf to CDHC? Thanks

Sure, go ahead and pay for the available semester.
You must have made a payment for the homestay, sumit the receipt and a latter from the family.
Most importantly, submit these available documents with a Letter Of Explanation. That's the only way u can talk to ur VO for him/her to really understand you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidinmaaa: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

I happy for you die!

God is great!
Play pays tnks ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
ChriGo: ....Ma'am dats how the paper route too looks like biko....they have requirements also to be submitted but people still add extra docx to boost there chances....SOP,affidavit of sponsorship /letter of sponsorship isnt a requirement but people add dis to boost chances.....i remember sometimes ago, someone wrote on this thread that "THE ONLY THING THAT MADE SENSE IN MY APPLICATION IS THE CAPTIVATING SOP I WROTE"....do u know what that statement means?....it means other docx he submited to the embassy were redflags except for the captivating SOP which isnt a requirement in visa application.....he got his TRV...so my sister if its not stated as a requirement online it can still be squeezed in one the pdf to be submitted....and besides u said ur SOA na 1billion naira...why dem no go call u for medics?....biko dont mislead people u dig? grin....

You too like tory!
The whole thing is additional/supporting document is a requirement. That's all!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by chidinmaaa: 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

I happy for you die!

God is great!

Playpays tnks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

You too like tory!
The whole thing is additional/supporting document is a requirement. That's all!

My brother tell am oooo....another 24 lines wasted... Smh ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
ifegy:

...Just picked up on this...fair enough, stick with the nuance of the language of the original
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp

The Off-Campus Work Permit Program allows certain foreign students to work off campus while completing their studies. To qualify, you must be a full-time student enrolled at a participating publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible PRIVATELY funded institution.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Onye oma:

....hmmm...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
jadapinket13:
They never asked for transcript or certificate, the VO does not know the prerequisite for courses its only the school, they have already evaluated the student and confirm the student is qualified before issuing the offer letter. Go to immigration site cic and check for requirements for students. They know what they are doing by asking for offer letters only. Try checking the online requirements before advising people. The online application is a worldwide requirements and not for Nigerians. Therefore they have made it as minimum as possible.

in addition, whr wud it fit in sef in the item list.? sigh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

The Off-Campus Work Permit Program allows certain foreign students to work off campus while completing their studies. To qualify, you must be a full-time student enrolled at a participating publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible PRIVATELY funded institution.
....Bro u do not have to prove ur point by copying and pasting what is on that link na....we tell u say we no fit open link?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
greatheights:

in addition, whr wud it fit in sef in the item list.? sigh.
Abi o my brother. Tell them out of experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
Onye oma:

Our guy na Jack Bauer and don turn here to the series 24. We no go fit watch am finish!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
All the glory must be to my God
For he's worthy of my praise,
No man on earth should give glory to himself
All the glory must be to the lord.

Finally my medical instruction came in handy today... grin wink smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kayconsult(m): 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2013
ChriGo: .....Congrat Chidi.....Am so happy for u....phew!! thank God u didnt eventually call me Chricome....cuz i told u if u didnt get ur medics tue or wed u shouldn't call me chrigo again....Congrats dear....I Scarily and fearfully tap from ur late response blessing grin....God is indeed great......
Big congrats to u chidi, so so happy for you and am also happy too, cos my medical instruction came today too.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
kayconsult: All the glory must be to my God

....baba kayconsult...i knew d devil cant stop u....he can only try...congrats man....i scarily and fearfully tap from ur late response blessing grin....God is indeed great....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
jadapinket13:
Abi o my brother. Tell them out of experience.

you have already said all jawe. the check list is meant for applicant to keep hz application simple and straight as possible. i think SOP is somtin da should be worked on instead of bombarding wt .pdfs (my opinion)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

Our guy na Jack Bauer and don turn here to the series 24. We no go fit watch am finish!
....Baba vex! Vex!! How u dey grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by papakm(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2013

congrat....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
ifegy:

Well, you can really only pay for what you can pay for at this stage, right? If they'll only take your money for one semester, go for it. And if you can get something from the homestay family in support of your board (have you paid them?), you should.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by greatheights: 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2013

nice 1 bro. did mine 2dy self. any further instruction(s)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by clusterphobia: 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
Congrats to those who got their medicals today smiley I will def throw a party when Chrigo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nasjay: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2013

congrats! Big congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
clusterphobia: Congrats to those who got their medicals today smiley I will def throw a party when Chrigo
....*frowns face*...When chrigo wat?...shey ya keypad seize to complete d statement ni grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by HZwriters: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2013

Congrats All Glory to God
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2013

Finally!!!!
Congrats man.

If I'm right, you and Chidinma together visited cdch that last time?
If right, together ur medicals came in today.
They sure need visitations as a reminder!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2013
PlayPays:

Finally!!!!
Congrats man.

If I'm right, you and Chidinma together visited cdch that last time?
If right, together ur medicals came in today.
They sure need visitations as a reminder!
....Bro just say congrats simple...dont chop our page....remember say u don chop ur TRV....i know dat bigheaded onye wont say something to this grin.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by PlayPays: 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
ChriGo: ....Bro just say congrats simple...dont chop our page....remember say u don chop ur TRV....i know dat bigheaded onye wont say something to this grin.....

All is well!
Believe me ya medical don dey run come... go hug am!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sparta300(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
Congrats to Chidinmaa n d rest that I've gotten their medical instructions. Begin to dey drink water, e no get enemy smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.