Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,676 members, 7,885,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:37 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (595568 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolyem(m): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
mPop: Newacca I've aded u, pls accept

@all I've not really seen people going to mohawk college on this thread sad y?

Mohawk college is very expensive sort of. I got admitted to the school but I dropped it for keyano bcoz of the school recent increase on tuition fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mPop(f): 2:26pm On Oct 01, 2013
tolyem:

Mohawk college is very expensive sort of. I got admitted to the school but I dropped it for keyano bcoz of the school recent increase on tuition fees

How much is the tuition fee for intl students??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by allspark: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
Not trying to join issues with anyone.

I just want to say that whether online or paper, take your application seriously. Include as many documents as you can. I have seen online denials for what can be considered very good applications same way I have seen approvals for some 'one kind' applications. There are so many variables considered by the VOs.

Example- My colleague's sponsor had 2.8 and he had 800k. No landed property. He applied via paper in june 13 and he is in canada as I speak. Apparently his supervisors included a letter for the application and emailed the cic in addition. A friend with a higher SOA, landed property plus job and family was recently denied online route. He said he spoke to an immigration lawyer in canada who advised him to take the paper route and write a details letter almost like an appeal and include documents and pictures.
No one can truly say what the VOs are looking for.

So far the main and clear advantage of online is that you know where you stand early and can plan your life accordingly instead of waiting 4 months.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 2:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
mPop: Newacca I've aded u, pls accept

@all I've not really seen people going to mohawk college on this thread sad y?
ok. I've accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolyem(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
14k plus for one year grad Cert program

mPop:

How much is the tuition fee for intl students??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Canadidacy: Mheeen, it's not easy to start from the start of this thread, @ last am here,thank God. This thread remains the best Canada travelling agency in Nigeria. Nlanders are doing a great work here. I pray God crown all our effort and make our dreams come true.
Now, I can boldly say all roads lead to Newfoundland in September 2014.
V u bn admitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
tolyem: 14k plus for one year grad Cert program

Bro, howdy? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mPop(f): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
tolyem: 14k plus for one year grad Cert program

Haaa. N Its not even full 1yr its just 8months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jadapinket13(f): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
allspark: Not trying to join issues with anyone.

I just want to say that whether online or paper, take your application seriously. Include as many documents as you can. I have seen online denials for what can be considered very good applications same way I have seen approvals for some 'one kind' applications. There are so many variables considered by the VOs.

Example- My colleague's sponsor had 2.8 and he had 800k. No landed property. He applied via paper in june 13 and he is in canada as I speak. Apparently his supervisors included a letter for the application and emailed the cic in addition. A friend with a higher SOA, landed property plus job and family was recently denied online route. He said he spoke to an immigration lawyer in canada who advised him to take the paper route and write a details letter almost like an appeal and include documents and pictures.

So far the main and clear advantage of online is that you know where you stand early and can plan your life accordingly instead of waiting 4 months.
Nice one. Am behind you. You have said it all. No additions no subtraction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2013

.....Nice one.....The main importance of the online route is to know one's fate earlier...either approval or denial.....as for ur friend they denied...may be his visa application wasn't treated by the canadian based VO's grin.....cuz i knw those VO's are really nice....and ama kip saying it..they do not deny.....lol.....Nice one bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Canadidacy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
teexzle:
V u bn admitted

No, I just applied to MUN 2days ago and am waiting for the admission letter b4 I port trv for Cdhc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
.....Chai!! Today na independence day and this page na 419.... God why todaaaay!!!.....Biko make una say sumtin(goodnews,questions e.t.c) make we move away from this 419 page biko!! grin.....naija no be 419 oooo.....hian!!!......Happy independence day......

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolyem(m): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
Exactly.

mPop:
Haaa. N Its not even full 1yr its just 8months
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolyem(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
I am fine oo omo-iya, am about calling you to know how far on yur deal cdhc? Although, u have answered it in your reply few hours ago......we shall celebrate soon

newacca:
Bro, howdy? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Patdeka(f): 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Babe how far.. I haven't heard from u. Tot u were ready 2 render a help. Pls send ur details to greenearthlovers@gmail.com
Thanks!
jadapinket13:
Nice one. Am behind you. You have said it all. No additions no subtraction.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by senatoks: 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
[quote author=senatoks][/quote]

senatoks:
Please guys I need your advise; this is the first time am commenting on this thread, but honestly I must say, you guys are doing a great job here. Comments from the likes of Siga, Fhemmy, Gboyega D et al are quite commendable, you can hardly see Nigerians abroad offering these kind of service for free, even family members. More grease to your elbow guys!

A bit about my background so you can advise asap ; I ‘ve got Bsc (Estate Mgt, 2.1), MBA (B+), PMP cert. , Professional Marketing Cert with over 10 years working experience + visits to UK/US(never over stay), in my mid 30s and married with kids.
My request:

I wanted a Masters/PG program in REAL ESTATE field in Canada, I have searched all the schools in Canada but never found one ( you can help if you know of any) save Diploma Program in BCIT & Seneca College, others are some real estate specializations in MBA( Ryerson, York, VIU) programs(already got MBA) and don’t think I need this. I like the Diploma program though as they lead to some real estate certifications in Canada but HOW DO YOU THINK THE VO WILL SEE ME APPLYING FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAM (same is applicable to my 2nd choice of profession- Project Mgt), kindly advice on the best way out.

GURUS IN HOUSE ...................... shocked

But why are you guys avoiding me nah? Can someone drop some cents, PLEASE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Canadidacy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
ChriGo: .....Chai!! Today na independence day and this page na 419.... God why todaaaay!!!.....Biko make una say sumtin(goodnews,questions e.t.c) make we move away from this 419 page biko!! grin.....naija no be 419 oooo.....hian!!!......Happy independence day......

ChriGo wat's ur view about using admission letter from private universities & chances of obtaining trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
Canadidacy:

ChriGo wat's ur view about using admission letter from private universities & chances of obtaining trv.
....Hmmm!! Private university ke ? Is it included in this link? www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp .....i cannot say for sure if cdhc gives priority to public or private institution visa applicants......tot u said u'r going with MUN ....why private uni again?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
senatoks:

senatoks:
Please guys I need your advise; this is the first time am commenting on this thread, but honestly I must say, you guys are doing a great job here. Comments from the likes of Siga, Fhemmy, Gboyega D et al are quite commendable, you can hardly see Nigerians abroad offering these kind of service for free, even family members. More grease to your elbow guys!

A bit about my background so you can advise asap ; I ‘ve got Bsc (Estate Mgt, 2.1), MBA (B+), PMP cert. , Professional Marketing Cert with over 10 years working experience + visits to UK/US(never over stay), in my mid 30s and married with kids.
My request:

I wanted a Masters/PG program in REAL ESTATE field in Canada, I have searched all the schools in Canada but never found one ( you can help if you know of any) save Diploma Program in BCIT & Seneca College, others are some real estate specializations in MBA( Ryerson, York, VIU) programs(already got MBA) and don’t think I need this. I like the Diploma program though as they lead to some real estate certifications in Canada but HOW DO YOU THINK THE VO WILL SEE ME APPLYING FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAM (same is applicable to my 2nd choice of profession- Project Mgt), kindly advice on the best way out.

....Phew!! I cant help find sch oo....cuz am not on Laptop....the diploma program aint a bad one.....although u seem to have a very high profile, going for a lesser degree program like diploma might wana spur a suspicion of desperation to the VO's....When applying for ur visa, u can exclude the MBA and only include ur Bsc degree....i would also advice u strictly apply online for ur visa..... Nothing bad about ur case seriously grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Canadidacy(m): 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
ChriGo: ....Hmmm!! Private university ke ? Is it included in this link? www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp .....i cannot say for sure if cdhc gives priority to public or private institution visa applicants......tot u said u'r going with MUN ....why private uni again?....

Yes, MUN is on point, I juss raised dat issue cos Naija no be 419 on independent day. /smiles/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Canadidacy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
senatoks:

senatoks:

My request:

Check www.cic.gc.ca
Seems as if our Ogas are busy, let me advice u with my small skill. Go for M.Sc only in Estate Mgt / similar discipline. All da best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
Canadidacy:

Yes, MUN is on point, I juss raised dat issue cos Naija no be 419 on independent day. /smiles/
....lol....bro u said u applied to MUN 2days ago, are u targeting winter?....hope u know uni's admission na longthing sha?....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Canadidacy(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
senatoks:

senatoks:

My request:

Check> www.4icu.org/ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Canadidacy(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
ChriGo: ....lol....bro u said u applied to MUN 2days ago, are u targeting winter?....hope u know uni's admission na longthing sha?....

Nooo, na Sept.2014 I go Fall in. I still dey serve Nigeria tru NYSC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by senatoks: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Chrigo, thanks for dropping your cents, its quite appreciated, i will think about your advice. @Candidacy, my brother, Canada does not have any masters program in Estate Mgt o, but am still checking tho. In case you come across one or any related field do hesitate to help. Still waiting for more comment tho. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by apple08(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2013

Well the truth is that so far what have been following on this trend, we really don't know what the VO's need and how they make their decisions. Some submitted May21st and still havnt been called for Meds, while some submitted May 30th and have already received Meds. That doesn't mean denial, it might just mean that maybe some of their submitted docs needs further verifications and the people in charge hasn't gotten back to the embassy as we all know as our country be now. But come to think of it, am not really sure about this but what I know is that some of the docs we submit to cdhc is only valid for 3months such as the SOA, Police Claerance and that means after 3months its stale. the root of the matter is just submit all necessary docs u can and believe say na Baba GOD get power pass and leave the rest to him. Simple. Wether online aby paper route oooo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
senatoks: @Chrigo, thanks for dropping your cents, its quite appreciated, i will think about your advice. @Candidacy, my brother, Canada does not have any masters program in Estate Mgt o, but am still checking tho. In case you come across one or any related field do hesitate to help. Still waiting for more comment tho. Cheers!

To be honest, based on your qualifications (education, work experience, family situation, etc), your applying for a diploma/masters/PGD seems to be indicative of wanting to 'jump the immigration queue'; i.e., get into Canada on a student visa and then immigrate, in order to shorten the time it would otherwise take to become a permanent resident using the designated route for qualified professionals. That would be grounds for refusal, since that would be abusing the purpose of a student visa. I hope this makes sense. This is not to say that you will be absolutely unable to get a student visa in your circumstances. However, if you were going for a PhD, for instance, your student visa application would make more sense. We all know that a lot of people who come in as students do eventually immigrate, but there's a different 'look and feel' for someone coming in to do a bachelor's or their first masters, compared to someone in your shoes. Those other applicants 'look and feel' more like a genuine student application, as opposed to someone trying to get an immigration short cut via a student visa.
All of that to say- if you haven't already done so, why not consider immigrating as a professionally skilled person? There are a number of options -federal/provincial applicant, etc. There's a thread on nairaland devoted to this:
https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines
Ultimately, however, it's your choice, your decision. If you want to pursue the student route, nothing stops you. Just thought I'd point out an observation that might not have been immediately obvious. Cheers and all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Canadidacy:

Just a reminder- you can only qualify for the work permit program for foreign students if you are studying at a public institution.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by senatoks: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2013
apple08: [/quote][quote author=ifegy]

To be honest, based on your qualifications (education, work experience, family situation, etc), your applying for a diploma/masters/PGD seems to be indicative of wanting to 'jump the immigration queue'; i.e., get into Canada on a student visa and then immigrate, in order to shorten the time it would otherwise take to become a permanent resident using the designated route for qualified professionals. That would be grounds for refusal, since that would be abusing the purpose of a student visa. I hope this makes sense. This is not to say that you will be absolutely unable to get a student visa in your circumstances. However, if you were going for a PhD, for instance, your student visa application would make more sense. We all know that a lot of people who come in as students do eventually immigrate, but there's a different 'look and feel' for someone coming in to do a bachelor's or their first masters, compared to someone in your shoes. Those other applicants 'look and feel' more like a genuine student application, as opposed to someone trying to get an immigration short cut via a student visa.
All of that to say- if you haven't already done so, why not consider immigrating as a professionally skilled person? There are a number of options -federal/provincial applicant, etc. There's a thread on nairaland devoted to this:
https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

Ultimately, however, it's your choice, your decision. If you want to pursue the student route, nothing stops you. Just thought I'd point out an observation that might not have been immediately obvious. Cheers and all the best.

@Ifegy. Thanks bros! honestly i quite understood your point, but my profession is not listed on the link .... ....and am getting more confused mayne...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ifegy: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
senatoks:

@Ifegy. Thanks bros! honestly i quite understood your point, but my profession is not listed on the link .... ....and am getting more confused mayne...

Have you looked at the various provincial (nominee) programs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ChriGo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
ifegy:

Just a reminder- you can only qualify for the work permit program for foreign students if you are studying at a public institution.
.....Not neccessarily public instituion....there are also private institutions on that link.....Nice response to senetoks's post....but mehn!! Ur post long like longthroat grin.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by senatoks: 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
ifegy:

Have you looked at the various provincial (nominee) programs?

You guys are wonderful, i will start looking into provincial nominee programs one by one while also looking for admission in a Phd program. Infact! i just saw a Phd in Business Admin(Specialisation in Real Estate & Urban Lands economics) at UBC , i pray they give me admission into the program.............ooOOps May God help me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.