Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,455 members, 7,917,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:50 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (493191 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 11:56am On Jun 25, 2013
mario2575: Hello House...Please i'll like to know how long the processing time for admission to be granted and i-20 issued. I am applying for a PG programme. My evaluated transcript arrived at the school i applied to on Friday and i haven't heard words. The programme begins on the 22nd of July and i am starting to get worried. Responses from our experts in the house would be appreciated.
If you are applying for fall 2013 (looking at the start date of your programme) then I would say that its too late for that. Its typically advisable for international students to send in there application 6 months before the start of the programme. My candid advise is to apply for spring 2014.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
what if i cant find another statement/sponsor can i improvise by sayin he is my uncle instead of fiance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
mmercy43: what if i cant find another statement/sponsor can i improvise by sayin he is my uncle instead of fiance?

Yeah but u must perfect that when filling ur ds-160 .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 12:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for your reply. The admission process was started early and on time but unfortunately my university didn't send my academic transcript on time. However, the transcript evaluation people sent my evaluated transcript to the school on Friday and i haven't heard anything since then. When i checked the school calender i saw that another session for the programme starts in October but i don't know if i can even defer till then since i haven't been granted admission for the one i applied to first which is supposed to resume July 22.
ApachaiHopachai:
If you are applying for fall 2013 (looking at the start date of your programme) then I would say that its too late for that. Its typically advisable for international students to send in there application 6 months before the start of the programme. My candid advise is to apply for spring 2014.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Why don't you simply reschedule to another date? I'm not sure you can swap appointment dates like that. If for nothing, the applicant name can't be changed. How do you plan to pull that off?
I will cancel my date and immediately d date will appear for the person who want to exchange wit me to view on their profile.Do u get now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 12:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
thanks for ur advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
eduson002: I will cancel my date and immediately d date will appear for the person who want to exchange wit me to view on their profile.Do u get now?

No, it is You that is not getting it.

The system doesn't work that way, the fact that You cancel your date immediately doesn't mean the person You want to exchange with will get it on his/her side.

Follow what Biggy has said, if You want to re-schedule, simply cancel your previous appointment and search for your preferred date.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
mmercy43: what if i cant find another statement/sponsor can i improvise by sayin he is my uncle instead of fiance?

Yes you can, but I hope it's Family funds You have on your I-20.

If not, I think You'll have to request for a new I-20 and then perfect the filling of your DS-160.

Be sure to confirm this before scheduling another appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mmercy43: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
yes its family funds. thanks for ur help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigass(f): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ïf you defer an admission from fall 2012 to fall 2013 can you defer again to spring 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
olarwarlay:

No, it is You that is not getting it.

The system doesn't work that way, the fact that You cancel your date immediately doesn't mean the person You want to exchange with will get it on his/her side.

Follow what Biggy has said, if You want to re-schedule, simply cancel your previous appointment and search for your preferred date.

Cheers!
. You ve never experienced it so I want to tell u from experience that it works. The moment I cancel d appointment 24 hrs to the date, that slot will pop up for all to view and select.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
@mmercy43, sori abt ur inability to procure the visa. Th VO somehow loves you and does not want to jeopardize ur marriage lol. I don't think ur problem is sponsorship but rather duration of ur studies. It's so long. 5 years is too long to stay away from your fiance. What you ought to have told the VO is "even though your course of study is so long, you'll still going to return home time to time(holiday) to be with him". Sori to say this, how can ur fiance stay for 5 years without enjoying the stuff...lol? Or you want him to masterbet..Sori i can't write this word correctly coz i barely use it hahaha. I am naturally funny!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
eduson002: . You ve never experienced it before so I want to tell u from experience that it works. The moment I cancel d appointment 24 hrs to the date, that slot will pop up for all to view and select.

Ok then...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StFrank2(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ok thanks bigfrancis21 will do so shortly.
bigfrancis21:

First off, please next time type in small letters. This thing you just did here makes it difficult for anyone to read your post and many people won't bother reading it and will just skip it, hence no replies for you.

Second, when you were asked the course you were going for you should have simply mentioned the one written on your I-20 for the sake of consistency! That mistake you did quickly impressed on the VO that you don't know what you're doing and hence an unserious student. That's why he/she went further to ask you the number of courses you'll be doing just to gauge your academic intent. And you didn't answer that one too, though its not an expected question.

Third, that home ties issue is the general reason used by the VO to deny applicants generally whether it applies to them or not. If the VO deems you unworthy of the visa at that time maybe due to academic unseriousness, low academic ability, etc its still the section 14b bla bla bla reason they'll still use to deny you even though its not the reason and they know exactly why they're denying you.

My point is, don't let that bother you. You'll need to work on your weakpoints at the former interview and improve on it. To do that you'll have to post your interview in full for the house to review. Then we can pinpoint your weakpoints, correct them and set you off on your second missionary journey. Till then, try to post your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by StarTrek222: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
I have 22nd July date and would like an earlier date so your date suits me, but really not sure if this will work, and we have to cancel existing date before we see other dates...I don't want to lose my date...a bird in hand...

eduson002: . You ve never experienced it so I want to tell u from experience that it works. The moment I cancel d appointment 24 hrs to the date, that slot will pop up for all to view and select.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Can a submitted ds form still be accessed online? i cannot recall what i filled for my sponsor if it was brother or uncle. Can anyone remember if their is any thing like brother on d ds form? Better still can anyone recall the options for sponsor on the ds form? If yes please spell it out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
bigass: Ïf you defer an admission from fall 2012 to fall 2013 can you defer again to spring 2014

it depends on the school. a lot of schools don't allow you to defer more than once. the admissions officer in the school is in the best position to answer.

@mmercy, I don't know how the system works but stating that your sponsor who was your fiance 4 wks ago is now your uncle might not easily go unnoticed. you want to avoid any inconsistencies esp on a 2nd attempt. my advice will be to go with an entirely different sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
babsharon:

Yeah but u must perfect that when filling ur ds-160 .

Please o... What do you mean by perfecting it on her ds-160? How does she do that anyway? Is there any place on the ds-160 where you state your sponsor?
Afaik, nothing is gonna change on her ds-160. If her I-20 form shows family funding, she's to say it orally that He's her brother/Uncle in her next interview.

Lol @De Tus. You be real comedian. That's not the P jhor. She's not even expected to stay for 5 years without coming home @ least for renewal of visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
@startrek @eduson lolz
do let us know how it pans out if you eventually go through with it.
my advice is to fix a tym when traffic on the site will be very low, maybe midnight or wee hours of the a.m.
all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2013

There is actually a way out. You can fund (run) sm1 else a/c with that money your fiance intends to sponsor you with and name him 'your uncle'. you can start doing this from now until your next interview date when you can then print the statement out, be it spring 2014 or whenever. However, this wld only be possible if your I-20 reads 'family' as sponsor. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
eucharia64: Can a submitted ds form still be accessed online? i cannot recall what i filled for my sponsor if it was brother or uncle. Can anyone remember if their is any thing like brother on d ds form? Better still can anyone recall the options for sponsor on the ds form? If yes please spell it out

Don't fret. I don't think there's a part that asks for sponsor on the ds-160 form. The only question that's close to it is where you are asked the name of the person that will paying for your flight. Or is this what many consider as the sponsor? I stand to be corrected.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
StarTrek222: I have 22nd July date and would like an earlier date so your date suits me, but really not sure if this will work, and we have to cancel existing date before we see other dates...I don't want to lose my date...a bird in hand...

grin grin grin . You said it all. So you are in for a gamble.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eucharia64: 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
lisadem:

Don't fret. I don't think there's a part that asks for sponsor on the ds-160 form. The only question that's close to it is where you are asked the name of the person that will paying for your flight. Or is this what many consider as the sponsor? I stand to be corrected.
OK kool then. i just wanted to be sure because my 1-20 form states family funds and it was my brothers statement i used for the application, now i want to use an uncle with a more bouyant financial statement so i just dont want to mess things up thats y i tot of clarifying myself. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FIZIK: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
Has nybody here profiled for internet banking in GTbank been able to pay for visa fee online without visiting the bank. It isn't working for me and I profiled all my accounts wit them. i have their token too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
StarTrek222: I have 22nd July date and would like an earlier date so your date suits me, but really not sure if this will work, and we have to cancel existing date before we see other dates...I don't want to lose my date...a bird in hand...

StarTrek this is very simple.if u want to be sure call now US visa appointment Line on 094601748 to confirm.AFter calling them,pls refer back let's do it at a convenient time.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
FIZIK: Has nybody here profiled for internet banking in GTbank been able to pay for visa fee online without visiting the bank. It isn't working for me and I profiled all my accounts wit them. i have their token too.

Please shed more light on the online payment for visa fee. Why not save yourself the worries and go to a nearby GTBank. Remember you will be issued a MRV receipt stapled with a deposit slip which are required at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Anonymous, pls I need to make some inquiries from you. If you don't mind, kindly shoot me an email at tha65thsquare@yahoo.com or give me yours so I can get in touch asap. Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Why don't you simply reschedule to another date? I'm not sure you can swap appointment dates like that. If for nothing, the applicant name can't be changed. How do you plan to pull that off?

@babsharon,Bigrfank and Others, today I did get my TOEFL Registration confirmation from ETS and it was way way lower than paying via a debit or credit card. DELETED did the magic! The registration was at a low cost with ease.He uses the other uncommon option. Please anybody who wants, can get to him! Justwise and other moderators should allow him help others. He's not a fraudster and this is not a fraud or advert.I think improper explanations were the problem and hence the disbelief. See my attached file,I will put in his cash tomorrow morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Omo e no easy oo.. I applied to a school online on sunday, so i got their email, telling me dat theyve received my application for admission, requesting me to verify d mailing address i provided..
My questions...
1. I just applied without even paying the app fee
2. I used d address of our former house
3. Ive not even sent any package, transcript, toefl, waec etc
Answers/Advices are needed..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
ferdimako:

@babsharon,Bigrfank and Others, today I did get my TOEFL Registration confirmation from ETS and it was way way lower than paying via a debit or credit card. DELETED did the magic! The registration was at a low cost with ease.He uses the other uncommon option. Please anybody who wants, can get to him! Justwise and other moderators should allow him help others. He's not a fraudster and this is not a fraud or advert.I think improper explanations were the problem and hence the disbelief. See my attached file,I will put in his cash tomorrow morning.
If you paid less than the official $175 charged by ETS for the TOEFL Test, then I tell you authoritatively, the guy scammed you and shortchanged ETS. I know what he did, because I almost fell into that trap too. What they do is that, they get credit cards from those scammers, use the credit card (which isn't theirs) to register for you. Hence, the fee they collected from you will be cheap since the money they used to pay for the test isn't theirs. I only pray for you, that the card doesn't charge back, before your exam or before you have a chance to view and print your scores. Otherrwise, once ETS attempts to verify the payment (which they do, but I dunno how they do that), the card company will decline the payment and charge ETS extra money for the deception or whatsoever. ETS will they withold your scores until you pay up. And they'll even add additional $20 (the chargeback fee the credit company levied them). Hope I made sense o! Just my 2 cents

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
ferdimako:

YOU HAVE JUST PUT YOURSELF IN BIG MESS!!

That guy has used an american citizen credit card to pay for your toefl exam and trust me ets will cancel your registration and your name will be blacklisted from taking any ETS exam and banned as a scammer! This goes out to all those looking for cheaper exam fee! BEWARNED!! ETS DOES NOT register for teofl below $175 for whatsoever reasons.

I REPEAT YOU HAVE JUST PUT YOUR SELF IN BIG MESS!!!!

The owner of the credit card will be alerted and your name will be flagged!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.