Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,621 members, 7,918,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (493234 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
De Tus: @Impe. Ok. Will definitely do that. You're doing a marvellous job here too. God'll surely reward you. You'll get a good job and good wife in the future.
imperiouxx:

OMG! Big Amen!

10 billion likes for you sir.

God bless you tremendously too.

I strongly key-in to that Prayer too.....Loooolz grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by vivysparkles(f): 12:18am On Aug 04, 2013
please house what's d ets phone number to call for GRE reg again??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:22am On Aug 04, 2013
vivysparkles: please house what's d ets phone number to call for GRE reg again??

+31320239540
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 12:22am On Aug 04, 2013
justwise:

How do you know if he was promoting agent or not if you did not see it before i hide it?

I dont know if he does that sha but that not the first time he will reply my post whenever i asked NL members and also he once told me how to pay sevis fees via seme border too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:24am On Aug 04, 2013
Mike-Will:
Hey fellas i'm back, shayo don clear....here is how my interview went below

Got to the lagos usa embassy by 9:30am and i was schedule by 10 am august 2, the the normal check up and i was inside only to find bunch of people even some standing cos no seat every were was full and i asked myself wetin make people wan run comot for 9ja like this, i said well i wont blame them na the economy, so the v.o's were all denying and at some point i started to lose confidence like what is going on but i said to my self i dont care how many people they deny i kno that when is my turn they must approve it. they denied alot of student even a guy who picked same school with me was denied,But i say base on who i be dem no fit scare me cos i have come a long way plus agent barber my head with the money he charged me alone for admission. Thank God today i laffed at his face. here is how it went below

V.O: how are u doing?
me: fine and you?
v.o: cool, you look like my classmate Blake Jacobs
me: i just smiled, i just said everyone has a twin in this world so it happens.
v.o: pass me ur passport,i-20 and why are u going to the usa?
me: i'm going for my undergraduate studies at university of California,Los-Angeles
v.o: then he smiled he was like bruh why u keep coming at me i graduated from the same school you are going to?
me: then i said great so that means u are an alumni, he just laffed.
vo: then he said why did you decide to choose ucla?
me:then i said i have always had interest to school abroad and california was my place of preference not just becos of the environment alone but the college it self has high standard in terms of professors and good academic ranking among top schools in united states and even though it took them 2yrs for dem to consider me for admission i still will wait for them even if they took 5 yrs cos it want nuthing less than the best.
vo; said im proud of you man you waited 2 yrs?
me : yes i had admission to 3 other schools which i brought there i-20 too as proof for him to see..eiu,lsu,csu plus scholarship of 70% but i still choose to wait for ucla.
the v.o did not even ask for bank statement or sat or tofel he just said your visa will be ready in 2 days time son..enjoy ucla but dont play football. i just started laughing. it just like i went to see a friend, even the securities there were like you know this guy before i was like no oo..he said the dude never smiles. NA BABA GOD OOO NO BE BY POWER NO BE BY AGENT NA ONLY GOD DO AM FOR AK......Singing I be fresh as hell let the feds watch (2chainz)!!!!

foohard pm me make we relate. Tanks to Lisadem,Big Frank and other gurus in da house you guys are doing a great job on this thread.

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 1:15am On Aug 04, 2013
batteryempty: @Walspring, You need to learn to use NL mailing system more.
I sent you one and havent heard from you....

@vivysparkles, +31320239593

When do you send it cos is do get messages in my email and i do reply it back.. so which one is NL MAILING SYSTEM?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 1:25am On Aug 04, 2013
Well that's the point... I guess not everyone knows how to handle the NL mailing system.

Go to a member's profile and click "Send E-Mail Message To batteryempty" or whoever you're willing to talk to.

Walspring:

When do you send it cos is do get messages in my email and i do reply it back.. so which one is NL MAILING SYSTEM?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Imperiouxx pls how is the weather in Boston all year round? is it like those of Florida, Texas and California?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 2:13am On Aug 04, 2013
batteryempty: Well that's the point... I guess not everyone knows how to handle the NL mailing system.

Go to a member's profile and click "Send E-Mail Message To batteryempty" or whoever you're willing to talk to.

i always do that but i can only send one message per day through NL mailing system
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:21am On Aug 04, 2013
kofsy: Imperiouxx pls how is the weather in Boston all year round? is it like those of Florida, Texas and California?

It snows in winter and spring, and warm in summer unlike like FL, TX or CA that are extremely hot in summer and moderately cold in winter and spring but no snow. Though, everywhere in US is warm now (like Nigeria temp) but my state and it's southern neighbors have the hottest temp of all (NM was 35 degree Celsius this afternoon). I'm waiting for Aug to end and we start another low temp cold and snowing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 6:57am On Aug 04, 2013
happy Sunday everyone...pls i would like someone to answer this question, My parent make my school fees payment via wire transfer,both tuition and board, and they over pay the money with $4000=00,i dont know if the school will refund the money to me when i reach school cos i need the money for my personal uses. i will appreciate ur prompt response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by annabee(f): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2013
Happy Sunday good people,

I have been reading and following this forum for about a month now.
I really appreciate what you guys are doing. May the good Lord bless you all.
I intend studying for my masters program fall 2014. I am married with 2 kids an i don't intend leaving them here to study in the US. What are my chances of getting a study visa with 2 kids?.
I work with an airline in lagos.
Home ties include living in our own house here in lagos and owing a FMCG company.
Course is MPA.
Would really appreciate Ɣ☺ΰЯ advice.
Oga imperioux i hail o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 04, 2013
@Bones007, it's really amazing. Well, if the school senate is so nice and heart-warming, they will definitely return the excess funds. @Annabee, your chances of procuring the visa is very bright if you're going with the kids, but somehow diminished if your husband is going with you. So to get the visa, you must not allow your husband to go with you for whatsoever. And during your interview period, make sure your sweetheart is in Nigeria because the VO will ask you where he's currently. Wishing you a very good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by esfire: 11:02am On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=kofsy]
Congrats Mike-will on your visa approval.mike ,please have u picked up ur passport after the interview,did mine on tuesday and I haven't gotten any call or message to come for my passport.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by esfire: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Bruv, please I'm having a small issue on my passport pickup,had an interview on tuesday and I haven't gotten a mail to come for my passport.what could be going on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:15am On Aug 04, 2013
where exactly did you apply lagos or abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by esfire: 11:49am On Aug 04, 2013
smithjanetstore: where exactly did you apply lagos or abuja?
Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2013
Ok ill advice you to wait till monday and see whats gonna happen, or give them a call normally its always 3 to 4days processing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by esfire: 11:58am On Aug 04, 2013
smithjanetstore: Ok ill advice you to wait till monday and see whats gonna happen, or give them a call normally its always 3 to 4days processing
Aii,thanks so much,I appreciate. Please do you have their contact number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
check this
Telephone: (234)-1-460-3400
Fax: (234)-1-261-2218
LagosNIV@state.gov
LagosIV@state.gov
LagosACS@state.gov
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
bones007: happy Sunday everyone...pls i would like someone to answer this question, My parent make my school fees payment via wire transfer,both tuition and board, and they over pay the money with $4000=00,i dont know if the school will refund the money to me when i reach school cos i need the money for my personal uses. i will appreciate ur prompt response.

Are your parents aware of this excess payment? The school might not release the money to you without their approval.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
webstradamus:

Are your parents aware of this excess payment? The school might not release the money to you without their approval.

they are not but i am the one dealing with the school,my parent only help me in the transfer payment. So i guess with this they should be able to refund the money to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
bones007:

they are not but i am the one dealing with the school,my parent only help me in the transfer payment. So i guess with this they should be able to refund the money to me.
If you're a graduate student I believe the school will refund the money, if you're a young undergraduate forget it. Its either your parents request for it to be given to you or they credit it to your account the next semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
syahboy: If you're a graduate student I believe the school will refund the money, if you're a young undergraduate forget it. Its either your parents request for it to be given to you or they credit it to your account the next semester.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
@webstradamus my uncle wants to further his education in usa course mathematics a graduate of unilag with cgpa of 2.40 same course what are his chances to get admission kindly help me out with some universities that are in good in this very major i know say u be yankee base and u sabi wella
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
smithjanetstore: @webstradamus my uncle wants to further his education in usa course mathematics a graduate of unilag with [b]cgpa of 2.40 [/b]same course what are his chances to get admission kindly help me out with some universities that are in good in this very major i know say u be yankee base and u sabi wella

That GPA is too low to get him into a "good" MS Math program. I'd have advised that he transfers to a BS program and completes 12 - 18 months before starting an MS program but age might not be on his side as per visa interview. What is his profile like? I mean when did he get his BS, how many years work experience, in what field? More info would help find a good path for him to take.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayo23us: 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hi All, I did gre and got these scores: verbal 146, Quanti: 153 and Analytical : 4.0. I intend putting in for a PhD program in food microbiology. Please could anybody advise me please. Do I have any chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
graduted 2011 and he does nt have any work exprience same course mathematics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
u there? am still expecting u, what abt changing his course dont you think there is a solution there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
bones007:

You will get your money. All you need is to call or email them and ask for your refund when school starts. It is your money, your account and none of their business where the money came from. Expect your refund check in the mail. Hope they have your US address on file?

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.