Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,652 members, 7,889,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491408 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 3:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pls which school are u cos i intend going to webster uni,st louis missouri is it d mid-west of usa
Datty85: Hi guys...am now live in st. Louis, Missouri. Great place. Came in two days ago. Took alot of food stuff and didnt have a problem at the port of entry. As long as u label ur stuff well u r good to go. Still a lil bit jetlagged,timezone tin is killing me. And yeah u can book only a one way ticket if u r a student cos thats wat I did. Please if u have any questions abt anytin dont fail to ask cos dis forum is awesome, it helped me alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

Those 4 guys of last Monday intentionally don't care about the custom of this thread. It's good ooo angry angry

We sabi them type, them go gather all the info them need from here, pass interview but dem go piira! Afterwards. SMH

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
eduson002: With d uprising in Eypt I don't think its advisable flying with dat airline if they stopover in Eypt.

Yea. I feel you. Though I think that if the airport area and surroundings aren't safe for flight landings and take off, Egypt air won't be in operations by now. They would have long suspended their operations. Also consider the usual tight airport security put in place to ensure safety of passengers. Also, its just a few hours waiting time before the next flight leaves, I think he should be safe.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
fadinus:

We sabi them type, them go gather all the info them need from here, pass interview but dem go piira! Afterwards. SMH
This is nt d truth.I crashed my system and I will post my experience as soon as I visit a cafe.I can't type much with my phone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
Missouri not far from my side sef lol @time zone. As for jet lag, DAT may take up to 5 days......
Datty85: Hi guys...am now live in st. Louis, Missouri. Great place. Came in two days ago. Took alot of food stuff and didnt have a problem at the port of entry. As long as u label ur stuff well u r good to go. Still a lil bit jetlagged,timezone tin is killing me. And yeah u can book only a one way ticket if u r a student cos thats wat I did. Please if u have any questions abt anytin dont fail to ask cos dis forum is awesome, it helped me alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2013
Okay well as it is now.....i really need to GAIN idea from difft Pple on this Thread....i will Differ admission to spring ASAP

....Thanks

ivory23456: Idris I understand exactly how you Feel. Being denied can be frustrating and it doesn't allow for straight thinking. When I was denied I kept looking for different reasons as to what may have been the cause for the denial, I tell you that thing can make one go crazy. All I needed to do was just relax and listen. Which I did.
Now if only you too would just relax and listen to what you have been told on here, I tell you you'd laugh in the end at how you acted now cause you'd See that it was as simple as abc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
Am applying to another skool already anyway......But i think it might be a very challenging question at the EMbassy if i was asked why did you change your skool or sumtin or what do u think i will Take the SAT By October again then and see how it goes.

Ms Nas:
And yet, you don't know where the problem's coming from? Hellooo! Your SATs?? Applying now will only make you look desperate more than ever, cos to me and probably to the VO...nothing has changed about your application.
You said the next SAT is October, can't you differ you application and take the SAT in october? Or chuck that school and apply to another? Ok ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
eduson002: This is nt d truth.I crashed my system and I will post my experience as soon as I visit a cafe.I can't type much with my phone.

Alright Mr Eduson, sorry bout ur system crash, please do post it anytime u can.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
babsharon:
Go †̥o firstlogic at ikeja since you can't do it yourself. It will cost roughly 38k. But if you can register it yourself u will spend just 28k.
Thanks bro.. But you didn't help me out with this question.
Capt. JH Miller:

And someone should please brief me on this SAT..
I understand GRE and toefl but have no ider what SAT entails.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Please can someone help with list of schools in US that accept 2.2 for masters program to apply for scholarship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by midi20: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
V.O: good morning (with a big smile), pass me ur docs
Me: good morning maam (I managed cos I no really put mind again after d abuja experience.)
V.O: y r u going to d US?
Me: I ll be going to d US to pursue my bs in physics
V.O: did u take toefl (still smiling)
Me: Yes maam. She nods and said okay, still smiling, typing and looking at my i20
V.O: do u have ur acceptance letter
Me: I said yes. Na so I start to dey look for am inside my folder. I no arrange at all. She started laughing, mocking me like dis one no serious oo.
Thank God, I found it and handed it to her.
V.O: she looked at it briefly and said ok.
She then asked for my sponsor and I told her dad.
V.O: what does he do
Na so I start dey misyearn. Cos na after I answered dat similar question in abuja d v.o delayed me.
I said he has his oil field
She said oil field? I said yes. He markets diesel and kerosine. People has trucks under his care. So day in day out, he returns their profits accordinly.
She said ok.
She then ask what I wil do for my dad in return?
I said I wd build a solar panel for him. She said ok.
After d interview, I was like, evrything I dey answer no make sense sha.
She then asked for his financial docs.
Na so I start to dey look for am again,e don mix with other docs come dey resemble my own financial docs. Lol. Don't mind me jare,
So I gave her, she checked it and was looking up at the wall. At dat point I was like, if dem don look wall, e wan happen be that
Next thing I heard was, I am approving......I no hear d remaining again.
She passed d slip, I grabbed it. I comot. It was raining outside but I just dey waka dey go. E be like dream, I collected my fones frm d policeman, I called my dad and I asked him to call me back maybe I go wake up from dream. i no knw road, but I just dey goo. Cos I still no believe. Lol.
Thanks to Allah. Thanks to imperiouxx, remember u called me one afternoon, where it was very noisy. Thanks to bigfrancais, thanks to all nLand members. I wish evryone all d best.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
midi20: Thanks to imperiouxx, remember u called me one afternoon, where it was very noisy. Thanks to bigfrancais, thanks to all nLand members. I wish evryone all d best.

Sorry, I can't remember when because I call lot of people from NL. Anyway, it's good we've heard your part. We're still waiting for other guys. Always give back after taken.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
Congrat Midi20 !!! Av α wonderful stay in u.s
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
foohard: Please can someone help with list of schools in US that accept 2.2 for masters program to apply for scholarship

Is it that you want to change school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:

Thanks bro.. But you didn't help me out with this question.

SAT is α standardised entrance exam just like TOEFL, colleges or universities do request for it when you apply for admission. SAT and TOEFL are good standardised test for Undergraduate program and it increase chances of getting α visa from u.s embassy here in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Datty85: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
my school is Southern Illinois University Edwardsville...abt 35 minutes away from st louis

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Datty85: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
seunolumonday: Pls which school are u cos i intend going to webster uni,st louis missouri is it d mid-west of usa
yeah Missouri is in the midwest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Congrats midi...... Welcome on board wink wink smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
Student visa is residence visa so one way ticket is allowed. No problem!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
eedrism: Am applying to another skool already anyway......But i think it might be a very challenging question at the EMbassy if i was asked why did you change your skool or sumtin or what do u think i will Take the SAT By October again then and see how it goes.

Response to the question guarantees your visa the next time. Let the VO know that you have deemed it fit to take standardised test(s) and applied to better instituion(s) in terms of what they have to offer you in achieving your aspirations.

There are many ways to answer this kinda question if it pops up in your next interview. However, I will advise you ensure you apply to school(s) better than the one at hand and study hard to get high scores in SAT and if possible retake TOEFL. You might even be considered for scholarship and trust me all these efforts will pay off.

You can do all these before the end of this year (consider SPRING term). So your dream of travelling this year is still guaranteed.

Wish you all d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 5:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
midi20: she checked it and was looking up at the wall. At dat point I was like, if dem don look wall, e wan happen be that

cheesy this is funny, thanks for sharing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
@ imperiouxx , ojap and house, please is gtb mastercard reliable and efficent in america for withdrawals
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by seunolumonday(f): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
Whats d name of ur school
Datty85: yeah Missouri is in the midwest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
obsy2020: @ imperiouxx , ojap and house, please is gtb mastercard reliable and efficent in america for withdrawals

Yes Bro, According to what I heard, it's actually one of the best you can use for Withdrawals in the US and the Most Reliable and they charge 1k per withdrawal...

So if you are withdrawing cash, withdraw wisely....

Cheers bro....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by skimpychick(f): 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Good evening house. @imperiuxx. I'm running my MSc @ LASU and would like to apply for MBA in the USA. Which school do you think can take cheaper fEes n how do I go abt it. Again I and my wife was denied visa last year @ d lagos embassy when we tried going for a holiday. Pls respond urgently tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 6:48pm On Aug 03, 2013

Rappers: Chingy, J-Kwon, Nelly and Murphy Lee's hometown...Nice place to live in I guess...Enjoy your stay brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2013
@Obsy2020. Yes. There's nothing to wrong about. I've used it several times for transactions in America, China and so on and no need to convert to hard currency here in Nigeria for whatsoever before sending the funds. Just go to the bank and remit Naira equivalent and you'll get the money in USD, RMB respectively. They only charge N1,000 per withdrawal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
obsy2020: @ imperiouxx , ojap and house, please is gtb mastercard reliable and efficent in america for withdrawals

Lemme add to this. What is the max u can withdraw per transaction?

And will the ATM dispense the money in Naira grin grin jk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
@Skimpychick, there are quite a number of cheaper schools in America. But you really have to check online by yourself. You can checkout these websites: www.findaschool.org, www.usnews.com and many more. You don't have to be lazy. Remember going to the United States is enough to trigger you to search for information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
@Oluwatosin4us, why didn't you response to my question? I got a very cheap ticket for you but another person picked it up. You go with one way. It's a lot cheaper for you. If anyone stops you, tell him or her that student visa is residence visa. The person will think you've travelled widely. It's only those with travel experience know this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ok.Here is my experience.
Date:July 29
Consulate:Lag
Slot:7:30
Number:172
After the normal check in procedure,we were checked in by 9am.Inside we underwent biometrics.My biometrics came late cos my number was omitted. My number later flashed for biometric and I did it then I went back to seat waiting to be called for interview.@ the windows,the women were giving more approvals than the men.Window 6 was a man in his late 30s.He was denying everyone.He even denied a man going going for conference who had even visited d US before.His first question was always " have u gone to the US before".If u answer in the negative,na sure denial be dat,all other question na formalty. When I observed d trend of the all d VOs questions I started praying dat I be interviewed by d lady in window 5.She dey give d visa like pure water.She go even ask question and help u answer d question self. Suddenly number 171 flashed in the mean guy's window and in seconds,the interviewee was denied.I thought my number will display there next but alas,it was displayed in window 4,seated there was a black American in her 50s. I just bounced from my seat,in my heart I was saying dis woman na my mama age mate,I go talk to her like I dey talk to my mama.I got to the window and here is the conversation.
Me:A very gud morning to u Ma (offcourse wit smile)
VO:Gud morning pass me docs.
Me:Here they are
VO:where r u going?
Me:Ohio ma
VO:Purpose of ur trip?
Me:studies.Masters degree
VO:Do u ve anyone in the US.
Me:No Ma,not any I can think of.
VO:ok.Hw many schools did u apply to?
Me:3 ma and I listed them.
VO:who will sponsor u?
Me:My father ma.
VO: what does he do?
Me:He is a private contractor doing so so biz (sorry I no wan talk my papa biz)
VO:what does ur mum do?
Me: She is retired and collects pension.She also has a house wit front shops where she sells provisions
VO:ok.Did u write any exam?
Me:I wrote Gre and Toefl ma.
VO:what was ur score?
Me:I said my low Gre score ( really low) and high Toefl score.
VO: Can I see them?
VO:here they are ma.(Brought it out from my folder and passed them)
VO: I can't find ur gre ( d score sheet don hide inside d toefl own.I also mistakenly passed my admission letter)
Me: it is there ma(for my mind I dey say satan is a liar,I refuse to accept ur manauvers)
Me: I was checking my folder too for d score and telling her am very sure she is wit it.
VO:ok.I ve seen it.Ur score is low,on what basis were u admitted?
Mesadfor my mind I say which kind question be dis one na) then I replied: Ma,apart from the fact I got gud grade in my undergrad studies,I also wrote a gud statement of purpose clearly protraying my intentions to study.
VO:I can see u ve a provisional admission.
Me:Yes ma.it is provisional cos additional documents were required of me which I ve sent.
VO:ok. Have ur dad been to d US before?
Me;No ma
Vo:hw about ur mum?
Me:No ma.but my dad travels africa.
VO:typed for like 3min (for real,3min)
Me:saying silently "Woman I command u to give me this Visa in Jesus name"
And here came d words I longed after for d past 2 years,
VO: Should ur right be violated in the USA,call dis number on dis paper.Also pick up ur Visa on thursday @ Apapa
Me; Thank you ma.
I went outside raised my two hands in appreciation to God and tears rolled out freely.It was so much dat ppl outside thought I was denied and crying for dat.Na only me know y tears came out.
I want to thank Yahweh,He is d greatest,the house,Imperious,Yvete,OjaP,Bigfrancis,Ricky Roll my aboki (lol) and seun osewa(u made nairaland possible). Wishing every other house members success!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Walspring: 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
eedrism: Okay well as it is now.....i really need to GAIN idea from difft Pple on this Thread....i will Differ admission to spring ASAP

....Thanks

Message me cos i need to ask your something or drop your email pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.