Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,649 members, 7,889,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491407 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by castrogee(m): 7:33am On Aug 03, 2013
hello nairalanders, please I need a little clarifications out of your kind heartedness. I wish to go to the states for my masters degree... And having applied to north Carolina agricultural and technical state university; I wish to inquire among other things the following:
is my choice of university a good option.
How long does it take a university to process an admissions applications.
And lastly what's the processing times or waiting period for an academic visa into the state.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 8:04am On Aug 03, 2013
vivysparkles:

Wait o...I don't understand...what then is allowed exactly? Cos provisions are dry foods. Isit cos they were not in the checked in luggage?
My dear, take all that you want. As long as there are no liquids and the customs officers like your face, you'll be fine.
But even if they're seized, it's not like you'll get into any trouble
You can't imagine all the prishrishi I took with me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ivory23456(f): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2013
Idris I understand exactly how you Feel. Being denied can be frustrating and it doesn't allow for straight thinking. When I was denied I kept looking for different reasons as to what may have been the cause for the denial, I tell you that thing can make one go crazy. All I needed to do was just relax and listen. Which I did.
Now if only you too would just relax and listen to what you have been told on here, I tell you you'd laugh in the end at how you acted now cause you'd See that it was as simple as abc.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bolded...The state of Maryland is located on the North eastern part of US, and not South East. Vivysparkles asked you the question initially, you failed to understand her question and failed it. You were given a second chance where you could easily have googled the location of Maryland on the US map on Google Images, yet you didn't and still failed it again.

Honestly, I must say your case is desperation.

Desperation can make one say Ball university is in Ball State.....is Indiana in India?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Desperation can make one say Ball university is in Ball State.....is Indiana in India?
Rofl
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:36am On Aug 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Funny guy !!! Indiana is in u.s boss ferdimako. LMAO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2013
iykpeterz: I got a cousin who is presently in Nigeria and wanna join me.
Really a novice to this site, but ave search every nook and crannies of the Internet but i aint okay with it dudes.
I just need details of the visa he'll need
he is 13yrs
*not a student visa

Ki a nii?!

Well, na only student mata dey here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2013
Imperiouxx pls do know much about GCE (Global Credential Evaluators) or anybody that has used their services before, I intend using them for my evaluation since they are faster than WES and they also accept copies of documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 03, 2013
@If you don't know the direction you're heading to, it means you shouldn't go there. Better to stay where you are. Some Americans are geographically illiterates as well. I asked my friend on phone couple of months ago where Jamaica was, he said it's geographically located in South America. I said "oh shit". He asked what was wrong I said nothing but how could you go there with me, if you don't know where the country is situated? Hahaha. That's it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zynnnie: 10:40am On Aug 03, 2013
hello everyone,

I intend taking Egypt air to New York cos is actually the cheapest flight right now. how good is Egypt air and how hostile is the country due to the current political trouble in the country. is it a safe zone to chill for about 7 hours in transit .

again can I book a one way ticket. I intend to wheel up by Tuesday
thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
De Tus: @If you don't know the direction you're heading to, it means you shouldn't go there. Better to stay where you are. Some Americans are geographically illiterates as well. I asked my friend on phone couple of months ago where Jamaica was, he said it's geographically located in South America. I said "oh shit". He asked what was wrong I said nothing but how could you go there with me, if you don't know where the country is situated? Hahaha. That's it!

Lolz. Yea, I guess many Americans tend to be ignorant about world affairs but I guess their ignorance is more prominent in world affairs/outside country locations than their own country. America as a state is quite large for them to catch up with let alone bothering to know about outside. Lolz. Generally, they tend to fairly know to an extent about their own country, the states within, their locations etc. So I guess one's safer asking the average american on the street how to get a bus/flight to Kansas or Ohio than asking where Nigeria is located in the world. Just like the case of an American who was asked where Nigeria is located in and she said 'Nigeria is located in Brazil'. Lmao grin

Or like Rick Ross who sang in Akon's song, 'Cross that line (Remix).mp3, 'I travelled from Africa to Egypt'. Lmao. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
ferdimako:

grin. Lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
castrogee: hello nairalanders, please I need a little clarifications out of your kind heartedness. I wish to go to the states for my masters degree... And having applied to north Carolina agricultural and technical state university; I wish to inquire among other things the following:
is my choice of university a good option.
How long does it take a university to process an admissions applications.
And lastly what's the processing times or waiting period for an academic visa into the state.

1) From the little check up run on your school, I can say your school has good reputation. The option is good.

NC A&T is one of the nation's leading producers of African-
American engineers with bachelor's, master's and
doctorate degrees.[3] NASA is one of the major partners of the School of Engineering. It is also
the nation's top producer of minorities with degrees (as a whole) in science, mathematics,
engineering and technology.[3] NC A&T is also a leading producer of minority certified public accountants, landscape architects, and veterinarians.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carolina_Agricultural_and_Technical_State_University

2) The length of admission decision wait time varies and depends on the term (fall or spring) you're applying for. Whichever you're applying for, admission decisions don't start for most schools until the application deadline stated on the website passes. The department then gathers all applications and decide on them at once, the time length of which could between 1 month - 3 months, starting from your application period.

3) When you book for a visa date, you usually get a date 28 days or 4 weeks ahead of time. Then after your interview, if you're granted the visa, it takes extra 2 - 3 days to process your visa and have it stamped on your international passport. So you can call it 30/31 days waiting period for an academic visa. If denied visa, you'll have to apply for another interview date in as few as 7 days or as high as 28 days again. All depends on availability of dates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
iykpeterz: I got a cousin who is presently in Nigeria and wanna join me.
Really a novice to this site, but ave search every nook and crannies of the Internet but i aint okay with it dudes.
I just need details of the visa he'll need
he is 13yrs
*not a student visa

The two non-immigrant visas your 13-year old brother could easily qualify for are tourist and student visas. As for student, you'll have to search for a high school willing to accept him, that also issues I20s. Not all high schools issue I20s for international students mainly because they are not familiar with it, not because they don't want to. You then sponsor him on his studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
zynnnie: hello everyone,

I intend taking Egypt air to New York cos is actually the cheapest flight right now. how good is Egypt air and how hostile is the country due to the current political trouble in the country. is it a safe zone to chill for about 7 hours in transit .

thank you
well, what i heard is that it is possible to book one way flight, try egyptair are u leaving on Tuesday?let me know the price.pls try to read ur email i sent two messages to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hello house,

Please, is vaccines done in luth acceptable anywhere in the USA? Also, can I drive with Nigeria drivers' license pending the time I'd get US drivers' license and ultimately... are students allowed to drive?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oluwatosin4us(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
ABEEGI MY OGAS MAKE I KNOW IF I FIT BOOK FOR ONEWAY FLIGHT TO ALABAMA (USA) WITH F1 VISA , BECAUSE ONE AGENT TOLD ME THAT ONEWAY FLIGHT IS NO MORE FOR F1 STUDENT , ABEEGI IS THIS REAL OR NOT ?PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. AND HELP ME WITH CHEAP FLIGHT OOOOO..I DON SPEND BIG TIME
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
foohard: Hello house,

Please, is vaccines done in luth acceptable anywhere in the USA? Also, can I drive with Nigeria drivers' license pending the time I'd get US drivers' license and ultimately... are students allowed to drive?

Sure students are allowed to drive but not with a Nigerian drivers license, but having a Nigerian drivers license makes it easy for u to acquire the US drivers license.

You will still need to write the DMV online test and if you pass u'd then proceed to doing the road test then I think if u scale through that u'd get ur drivers permit card or drivers license.

The requÍrements vary frÓm state tÓ state.

Please wait for further information from those already in the ÙS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
zynnnie: hello everyone,

thank you

Yea. Egypt Air is quite cheap. Just checked it out now. It has flight cost range between N180,000 to N250,000. Quite cheap. For those interested, their prices are quoted in Egyptian pounds. 1 Egyptian pound is equal to N23 Naira, for ease of conversion.

Yes. You can book one-way flight. Why shouldn't you? Its what every student is booking. You're not returning anytime soon, definitely not in the next few months, so why booking a two-way flight?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Espice(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
ferdimako:

LMAO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
foohard: Hello house,

Get an international drivers licence from here . They accept that in u.s, α friend got his own here and do use it †̥o drive α car in the state. I think is around 8k and I think u can process that in FRSC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Datty85: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hi guys...am now live in st. Louis, Missouri. Great place. Came in two days ago. Took alot of food stuff and didnt have a problem at the port of entry. As long as u label ur stuff well u r good to go. Still a lil bit jetlagged,timezone tin is killing me. And yeah u can book only a one way ticket if u r a student cos thats wat I did. Please if u have any questions abt anytin dont fail to ask cos dis forum is awesome, it helped me alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2013
oluwatosin4us: ABEEGI MY OGAS MAKE I KNOW IF I FIT BOOK FOR ONEWAY FLIGHT TO ALABAMA (USA) WITH F1 VISA , BECAUSE ONE AGENT TOLD ME THAT ONEWAY FLIGHT IS NO MORE FOR F1 STUDENT , ABEEGI IS THIS REAL OR NOT ?PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. AND HELP ME WITH CHEAP FLIGHT OOOOO..I DON SPEND BIG TIME

Its a lie. He may be trying to rip you off your money given that return is twice expensive as one-way, when in actuality its only one-way that you need. Please, book one-way! If you must book through an agent, insist on one way!. So many students here who got their visas this same fall semester with you travelled on one-way flights. So please, oga, be smart. Book one-way. Not return please.

Moreover, you can book yourself. I just checked out Egypt air and they are the cheapest for now. Booking yourself will be much cheaper for you as you'll be booking directly with the airline instead of going through an agent. Its just like registering for GRE at the lower price or N29,000 as compared to registering through an agent that will charge you N45,000.

Flight cost range for Lagos to New York on egypt air ranges from N180,000 to N250,000 on Egypt Air. Its very much affordable. Visit their site below and book by yourself please.

http://mobile.egyptair.com/Pages/booking.aspx?Lang=English&Country=Egypt
(Mobile site)

Or

http://www.egyptair.com/English/Pages/SplashPage.aspx?site=full
(Full site)

On this site we always encourage do-it-yourself services.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
oluwatosin4us: ABEEGI MY OGAS MAKE I KNOW IF I FIT BOOK FOR ONEWAY FLIGHT TO ALABAMA (USA) WITH F1 VISA , BECAUSE ONE AGENT TOLD ME THAT ONEWAY FLIGHT IS NO MORE FOR F1 STUDENT , ABEEGI IS THIS REAL OR NOT ?PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. AND HELP ME WITH CHEAP FLIGHT OOOOO..I DON SPEND BIG TIME

An agent or the airline website? Na the agent get the airplane? People won't fail to amaze me. Many airline websites are there to confirm what the agent said and you're still confused. In fact, why agent when you'll get good price at the airline website but agent will add to it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RedReact: 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Please o, are agents really needed for flight ticketing these days? Methinks since the airlines have website where one can check and book for whatever one wants, or better still pick up the fone and call their office in Nigeria, why being tossed like a tennis ball by an agent? Please enlighten me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
fadinus:

Midi20 Where's ur interview experience na? Or did I miss it? undecided

Those 4 guys of last Monday intentionally don't care about the custom of this thread. It's good ooo angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Its a lie. He may be trying to rip you off your money given that return is twice expensive as one-way, when in actuality its only one-way that you need. Please, book one-way! If you must book through an agent, insist on one way!. So many students here who got their visas this same fall semester with you travelled on one-way flights. So please, oga, be smart. Book one-way. Not return please.

Moreover, you can book yourself. I just checked out Egypt air and they are the cheapest for now. Booking yourself will be much cheaper for you as you'll be booking directly with the airline instead of going through an agent. Its just like registering for GRE at the lower price or N29,000 as compared to registering through an agent that will charge you N45,000.

Flight cost range for Lagos to New York on egypt air ranges from N180,000 to N250,000 on Egypt Air. Its very much affordable. Visit their site below and book by yourself please.

http://mobile.egyptair.com/Pages/booking.aspx?Lang=English&Country=Egypt
(Mobile site)

Or

http://www.egyptair.com/English/Pages/SplashPage.aspx?site=full
(Full site)

On this site we always encourage do-it-yourself-services.
With d uprising in Eypt I don't think its advisable flying with dat airline if they stopover in Eypt.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by CaptJHMiller: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
Please is there any other way I can register toefl othere than using visa card, I have call all and nobody get this card o!

And someone should please brief me on this SAT..
I understand GRE and toefl but have no ider what SAT entails.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Please is there any other way I can register toefl othere than using visa card, I have call all and nobody get this card o!
Go †̥o firstlogic at ikeja since you can't do it yourself. It will cost roughly 38k. But if you can register it yourself u will spend just 28k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eedrism: 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
@BIGFRANCIS I SWEAR I MISUNDERSTOOD VIVISPARKLES QUESTIONS OOOO ND THE ANSWER I GAVE TO HER WHEN I SAID SOUTHEAST WAS A MISTAKE FROM ME because WHEN I ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE SKOOL WEBSITE IT SAYS EASTERN PART ND 2 BE HONEST WHEN THE VO ASKED ME THE SAME QUESTIONS I SAID {EASTERN PAERT OF THE US}...SO EVERYTHING JUST GOT ME CONFUSED NI BROO.....BUH AS U HAVE SAID IT NOW....I GOT IT RIGHT IN MY HEAD grin

bigfrancis21:

@Bolded...The state of Maryland is located on the North eastern part of US, and not South East. Vivysparkles asked you the question initially, you failed to understand her question and failed it. You were given a second chance where you could easily have googled the location of Maryland on the US map on Google Images, yet you didn't and still failed it again.

Honestly, I must say your case is desperation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.