Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,602 members, 7,885,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491182 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by chididarling(m): 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2013
PLS I need your advice. An equipment saling
company well known in USA have a business
with my company in saling of used crane and I
being inviting me for 10 days and am going on
behalf my company that am going to represent
them as a mobile crane operator to operate the
crane test run it before give out information to
my company so will gonna buy the crane I
have not traveled before but I have a mexico
visa in my passport and never traveled will
they give me visa or denied me for not and my company is a contractor to con oil company and my income is k350 monthly my company is my sponsor what else do I need to get the visa my in interview is 26 this month guys pls help me out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

When is your School resuming? Hope u can still meet up.. Why not go with Royal air Maroc.. I think dey are the cheapest u can get for now.. They fly to Morrocco first and then to JFK NewYork...

And you don't need any transit visa when you get to Morrocco.

I got 16th of August yesterday for Royal Air maroc. But didn't bother booking anymore because I got other plans....

My school resumes september. I just want to have time to settle do before resumption
webstradamus:

You shouldn't need a transit visa but I would confirm from the airline. I once flew BA from Abuja - New York via London Heathrow and didn't require a transit visa.

I hope I wouldn't need one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
worry 359:
YOU could have looked this up yourself on Google!!!!

US Food Restrictions

When entering the United States from Mexico or Canada, travelers may bring bakery items and some types of cheese across the border without worrying about being inspected. Other items that are generally accepted include packaged coffee, tea, condiments and spices, among others. Refrain from bringing rice across the border; according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's border patrol website, rice can harbor unwanted insects. Other banned items include meat products; some exceptions do apply. In many cases, you cannot bring foreign fruits and vegetables.
Full details here
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/travelers-bringing-food-into-the-u.s.-for-personal-use

Would I be allowed to take in toiletries? I got Body lotion, roll-on, body spray, Bathing soap, tooth paste etc. Would those be allowed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
My special thanks goes to my brother frm anoda mother RICKY for guiding me thru d application (for admission) process.. Jah bless u!
To my brothers/friends Gr8ever, iamchux, olawale, johnnyp, lisadem, technolee, de tus, imperiouxx, fadinus (i owe u bro) and my girlfriend (just kidding lol) Kofsy, i'm saying a big THANK YOU to you.. And i'm happy to tell y'all that i'm officially admitted to Southwest Minnesota State University..
I got banned last friday.. So, this came late i should av posted it since Tuesday..
I got my TOEFL result on friday (sorry, i disappointed you all, but i thank God, i made the minimum requirement), i sent my log in info to my schools .. That same day i received an email from SMSU notifying me of my admission and i was so surprised. Right now, my I20 is being processed and will be on its way soon..
I know i dnt av to post dis but i'm just super flying happy.. I remember when i wanted to giv up and olawale and ricky boosted my morale..
God bless you all once again.. Kofsy, i'm wishing u success in ur exam(s)..
#ProudlyMinnesotan

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
Congrats Amefrica! And welcome back! We miss you wella grin grin Na visa tins remain now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
@Members who have travelled this fall season: how was the experience at the port of entry at IAH like? What am I to expect? I'd be entering through IAH houston. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
winbyforce: Congrats Amefrica! And welcome back! We miss you wella grin grin Na visa tins remain now

Omg! I forgot to mention ur name lol.. Thank u so much, na visa remain oo, i jst cant wait for the I20 sef.. Thanks brethren

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
@Ame,

Best of luck in the rest of the process.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayo23us: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hi all.
Please will I pay separate amounts if I evaluate my Bs and MSc transcripts as well as my certificates with WES?
Please what's the estimated fee I might pay for this service?
I need your help please.
Thanks a lot!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
America+Africa
Congrats on the admission. Now the dream you had is coming to reality. The next one is a bigger challenge - VISA

Guess you will be fine anyways as I expect you to have been studying and reading different visa interviews posted on the thread.

While waiting for your I-20 to be sent, you can request the school to send your SEVIS no via email. With that you can proceed with payment of sevis I-901, fill your ds-160 and book an appointment after getting a MRV receipt from GTB...

All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
ayo23us: Hi all.
Please will I pay separate amounts if I evaluate my Bs and MSc transcripts as well as my certificates with WES?
Please what's the estimated fee I might pay for this service?
I need your help please.
Thanks a lot!
No. Just one fee. $205 if u want WES ICAP- ur transcripts and evaluation are stored in their system permanently and u can use it at another time(so no need going back to your school for transcript).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
There is obviously someone you did forget to thank! grin grin grin

Wishing you so much luck my mehn

Amefrica: My special thanks goes to my brother frm anoda mother RICKY for guiding me thru d application (for admission) process.. Jah bless u!
To my brothers/friends Gr8ever, iamchux, olawale, johnnyp, lisadem, technolee, de tus, imperiouxx, fadinus (i owe u bro) and my girlfriend (just kidding lol) Kofsy, i'm saying a big THANK YOU to you.. And i'm happy to tell y'all that i'm officially admitted to Southwest Minnesota State University..
I got banned last friday.. So, this came late i should av posted it since Tuesday..
I got my TOEFL result on friday (sorry, i disappointed you all, but i thank God, i made the minimum requirement), i sent my log in info to my schools .. That same day i received an email from SMSU notifying me of my admission and i was so surprised. Right now, my I20 is being processed and will be on its way soon..
I know i dnt av to post dis but i'm just super flying happy.. I remember when i wanted to giv up and olawale and ricky boosted my morale..
God bless you all once again.. Kofsy, i'm wishing u success in ur exam(s)..
#ProudlyMinnesotan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
zigggy:

Rozay hw much did u book royal air

I got the Royal air yesterday for #199,000 for the 16th of August
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
batteryempty: There is obviously someone you did forget to thank! grin grin grin

Wishing you so much luck my mehn

Oh bro! Thousands of apologies.. U r indeed a blessing.. Keep da gud work up.. We stil gon' talk abt dat stuff..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by batteryempty(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
Sharp bro!

Amefrica:

Oh bro! Thousands of apologies.. U r indeed a blessing.. Keep da gud work up.. We stil gon' talk abt dat stuff..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
@Amefrica, congrats. Give me five:-). Minnesota is really nice and it snows during the winter and I love the school. You'll get your visa. Nothing'll stop you. You'll appear like an angel at the Embassy. Believe me! Well, for me, I will make my own trip next year but first, I need to make some money. I need to be somehow independent because some places are freaking expensive.LOL!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
lisadem: America+Africa
Congrats on the admission. Now the dream you had is coming to reality. The next one is a bigger challenge - VISA

Guess you will be fine anyways as I expect you to have been studying and reading different visa interviews posted on the thread.

While waiting for your I-20 to be sent, you can request the school to send your SEVIS no via email. With that you can proceed with payment of sevis I-901, fill your ds-160 and book an appointment after getting a MRV receipt from GTB...

All da best

Is that ?! I'll just do as u said.. No wasting of time, but hope it wont affect me during the interview.. Oh! By that time, the I20 would av land.. Cuz i kno for sure i'll av to take it along with me to d embassy..
Thanks bro, for that info.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2013
Amefrica:
And i'm happy to tell y'all that i'm officially admitted to Southwest Minnesota State University..

#ProudlyMinnesotan

Congrats brother...I see you going places...

#Determination
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
De Tus: @Amefrica, congrats. Give me five:-). Minnesota is really nice and it snows during the winter and I love the school. You'll get your visa. Nothing'll stop you. You'll appear like an angel at the Embassy. Believe me! Well, for me, I will make my own trip next year but first, I need to make some money. I need to be somehow independent because some places are freaking expensive.LOL!

Yea, take am (chop knuckle) lol.. smiley U r so right ON POINT! My mum is a lil bit concerned abt the chilly weather in MN hahaha!.. Thanks bro, i appreciate.. Which school ar u heading too ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
iamchux:

Congrats brother...I see you going places...

#Determination

Thanks bro.. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
Congratulations Amefrica! You've just stepped across a stepping stone. Now, the remaining half time begins! grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
@ Amefrica !!! Congratulation, you are such α sharp guy like M.I Abaga..... First half has gone, on d second stage now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 09, 2013
bigfrancis21: Congratulations Amefrica! You've just stepped across a stepping stone. Now, the remaining half time begins! grin

Thanks bro.. U motivated me..

babsharon: @ Amefrica !!! Congratulation, you are such α sharp guy like M.I Abaga..... First half has gone, on d second stage now.

Haha! Brova.. Thanks.. We sure gon' get there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 5:18am On Aug 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I got the Royal air yesterday for #199,000 for the 16th of August

Wow! Please how did you get it? Was it through www.wakanow.com or through RoyalAir website? Did you book just yesterday and got N199,000 for 16th?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walex57(m): 5:38am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

My school resumes september. I just want to have time to settle do before resumption

I hope I wouldn't need one
nah....as long as you're traveling on a valid student visa, you do not need a transit visa....I think it's also covered in you plane ticket....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walex57(m): 5:39am On Aug 09, 2013
imperiouxx: @Ame,

Best of luck in the rest of the process.
Guy how far, I wan return to my group oo after a long while...I hope i'm accepted?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 6:49am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Wow! Please how did you get it? Was it through www.wakanow.com or through RoyalAir website? Did you book just yesterday and got N199,000 for 16th?
Why don't you chill a bit before you book? When I went to get my tickets, the guys actually told me that the high prices will drop by August Ending. My opinion sha smiley

Additionally, I just checked Emirates' site and I got a price of 209,000NGN for a flight to JFK on the 31st of August and 176,000NGN for a September 1st Flight. See the price drop?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 09, 2013
Hi house.. Please, how much can i purchase a health insurance here in nigeria.. My school's is too exhorbitant.? How can i go abt it ? I aint entitled to NHIS..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2013
Ms Nas:
Why don't you chill a bit before you book? When I went to get my tickets, the guys actually told me that the high prices will drop by August Ending. My opinion sha smiley

Additionally, I just checked Emirates' site and I got a price of 209,000NGN for a flight to JFK on the 31st of August and 176,000NGN for a September 1st Flight. See the price drop?
Wow. Nice. But my school resumes sep 3rd. Dunno how the stop overs could be plus I'll need time to settle and gget a place to rent before resumption
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walex57(m): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica: Hi house.. Please, how much can i purchase a health insurance here in nigeria.. My school's is too exhorbitant.? How can i go abt it ? I aint entitled to NHIS..
Purchasing your health insurance in school is the best 'cos depending on your school, they may not accept any health insurance from Nigeria, you would not want to be in a position where you would have purchased an health insurance in Naija and it;s rejected during your registration...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2013
walex57:
Purchasing your health insurance in school is the best 'cos depending on your school, they may not accept any health insurance from Nigeria, you would not want to be in a position where you would have purchased an health insurance in Naija and it;s rejected during your registration...

They gv students the option of carrying their own insurance or the 1 the school is offering..

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.