Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,768 members, 7,945,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (494402 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walex57(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica:

They gv students the option of carrying their own insurance or the 1 the school is offering..
Ok good...I would advice you call the school and ask what external insurance they accept so that you'll know which way to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2013
Ame- man- wey- dey- Africa = Amefrica!. Congratulations on your admission to a cold state. First half of the battle is gone now. Make sure you practice well for the second half and be victorious at the visa interview like R.Madrid did to Chelsea of recent.
Do as someone earlier advised that you request for the number on your I-20 so as to proceed with other processes. A new english word in NL dictionary is 'bigFrancistic'!! So, you have to be bigFrancistic by booking your flight as early as possible (in faith) and by that, you'll benefit a cheap flight ticket. Above all, I wish you all the best in life my ever conscious Amefrica!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica: Hi house.. Please, how much can i purchase a health insurance here in nigeria.. My school's is too exhorbitant.? How can i go abt it ? I aint entitled to NHIS..
If your school accept external insurance cover. I think you should mail them †̥o know the specific one they do request.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2013
walex57:
Ok good...I would advice you call the school and ask what external insurance they accept so that you'll know which way to go

Ok.. Thanks a bulk

technolee: Ame- man- wey- dey- Africa = Amefrica!. Congratulations on your admission to a cold state. First half of the battle is gone now. Make sure you practice well for the second half and be victorious at the visa interview like R.Madrid did to Chelsea of recent.
Do as someone earlier advised that you request for the number on your I-20 so as to proceed with other processes. A new english word in NL dictionary is 'bigFrancistic'!! So, you have to be bigFrancistic by booking your flight as early as possible (in faith) and by that, you'll benefit a cheap flight ticket. Above all, I wish you all the best in life my ever conscious Amefrica!!!

YAY! Thanks bruv.. I can see ur a real football fan.. #iRepManUtho.. Once again, thank u! We all r gonna get to our dream land..

babsharon:
If your school accept external insurance cover. I think you should mail them †̥o know the specific one they do request.

Ok, ima do just that.. Thanks a bunch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 09, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by zigggy: 9:07am On Aug 09, 2013
Guyzz pls o where can. I get cheaper flight ,my school resumes aug21. Pls its urgent o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Wow! Please how did you get it? Was it through www.wakanow.com or through RoyalAir website? Did you book just yesterday and got N199,000 for 16th?

Someone got me their booking staff phone number in V.I. So I called the woman on phone and she got me 16th of August two days ago. Which is on Wednessday.

It took her time before she got the date for me.. because I called her every 30 minutes like about 10 times and she was busy working on it with her system checking for seat for me because seats were already filled up... Then she finnaly got a seat for me for the 16th of August for #199,000.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Someone got me their booking staff phone number in V.I. So I called the woman on phone and she got me 16th of August two days ago. Which is on Wednessday.

It took her time before she got the date for me.. because I called her every 30 minutes like about 10 times and she was busy working on it with her system checking for seat for me because seats were already filled up... Then she finnaly got a seat for me for the 16th of August for #199,000.

Ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2013
I just got Emirates for $1,206.8USD which is N193,184. It's got a stop over at Dubai. I'm asking my brother to pay but how do emirates accept payments cos the booking says I have to make payments at MMA latest today. Has anyone booked with emirates and how did you make payments?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird: I just got Emirates for $1,206.8USD which is N193,184. It's got a stop over at Dubai. I'm asking my brother to pay but how do emirates accept payments cos the booking says I have to make payments at MMA latest today. Has anyone booked with emirates and how did you make payments?

Wow!!!!! This is veryy cheap oooo. By d way what date did you get?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Wow!!!!! This is veryy cheap oooo. By d way what date did you get?

Its a late date August 27. Do u know how emirates accept payments?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica: My special thanks goes to my brother frm anoda mother RICKY for guiding me thru d application (for admission) process.. Jah bless u!
To my brothers/friends Gr8ever, iamchux, olawale, johnnyp, lisadem, technolee, de tus, imperiouxx, fadinus (i owe u bro) and my girlfriend (just kidding lol) Kofsy, i'm saying a big THANK YOU to you.. And i'm happy to tell y'all that i'm officially admitted to Southwest Minnesota State University..
I got banned last friday.. So, this came late i should av posted it since Tuesday..
I got my TOEFL result on friday (sorry, i disappointed you all, but i thank God, i made the minimum requirement), i sent my log in info to my schools .. That same day i received an email from SMSU notifying me of my admission and i was so surprised. Right now, my I20 is being processed and will be on its way soon..
I know i dnt av to post dis but i'm just super flying happy.. I remember when i wanted to giv up and olawale and ricky boosted my morale..
God bless you all once again.. Kofsy, i'm wishing u success in ur exam(s)..
#ProudlyMinnesotan

Badoo omo Ibadan, i dey feel ur ginger.

Ur head is there!

Welcome back bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Its a late date August 27. Do u know how emirates accept payments?

I think you will have to deposit the money into the airlines Bank account or so... Wait for Bigfrancis, he will explain further to you because he has used Flyemirate and he has even paid since 3 months ago.... So he knows much about how their payment process goes....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I think you will have to deposit the money into the airlines Bank account or so... Wait for Bigfrancis, he will explain further to you because he has used Flyemirate and he has even paid since 3 months ago.... So he knows much about how their payment process goes....

Ok. But the booking says:

Dear Flynbird

Thank you for making your booking on-line with Emirates.com. Below are the details of your itinerary.
Important information about your tickets for this booking.
You have opted to hold the reservation and pay later. Your tickets must be paid for and collected before 08:00 hrs on 12 Aug, local time in Murtala Muhammed Airport. Failure to do so will mean that the booking is automatically cancelled on expiry of the time limit............

From their email I don't think they accept bank deposit but cash payment at their office. Not sure. I'll just wait for Bigfrancis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 09, 2013
gr8ever:

Badoo omo Ibadan, i dey feel ur ginger.

Ur head is there!

Welcome back bro.

Lmao... Na soo... Lol! You got me Cracking The Fvck Up..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Surestboyxxx: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2013
`
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Surestboyxxx: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Dear Flynbird

Thank you for making your booking on-line with Emirates.com. Below are the details of your itinerary.
You have opted to hold the reservation and pay later. Your tickets must be paid for and collected before 08:00 hrs on 12 Aug, local time in Murtala Muhammed Airport. Failure to do so will mean that the booking is automatically cancelled on expiry of the time limit............

From their email I don't think they accept bank deposit but cash payment at their office. Not sure. I'll just wait for Bigfrancis

Did you do the reservation from their website or you call them? I have been trying to do it from their website but keep giving me first class and business class options.Let me know how you did it .Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Surestboyxxx:

Did you do the reservation from their website or you call them? I have been trying to do it from their website but keep giving me first class and business class options.Let me know how you did it .Thanks

From their website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Dear Flynbird

Payment at Murtala Mohammed Airport? I've booked and paid twice(one for me and the other for another person) and the two payment methods I saw online were online payment and cash deposit into their bank account at CitiBank, AccessBank or FirstBank.

I guess they said to pay at MMIA because of the 2-day
public holidays during which banks will be closed. And banks don't work on saturdays too. So the arrangement to pay at MMIA is perfectly fine.

You can only hold for 3 days maximum, a period of which you'll have to pay the flight cost. If you fail to pay after this 3 days, your booking will be cancelled .

How much is this booking? Hope its ok by you?

From the time given, the booking will expire by 8am on monday and I'm not sure you can make it to their office and pay on monday before 8am. However, they work on saturdays, from 9am to 12 noon. So if the price you got this booking is ok by you, I'll suggest you go tomorrow and pay between 9am and 12noon.

Their number is 012717600.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2013
walex57:
Guy how far, I wan return to my group oo after a long while...I hope i'm accepted?

Waleski, been a while uv been here, sup?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 11:20am On Aug 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Payment at Murtala Mohammed Airport? I've booked and paid twice(one for me and the other for another person) and the two payment methods I saw online were online payment and cash deposit into their bank account at CitiBank, AccessBank or FirstBank.

I guess they said to pay at MMIA because of the 2-day
public holidays during which banks will be closed. And banks don't work on saturdays too. So the arrangement to pay at MMIA is perfectly fine.

You can only hold for 3 days maximum, a period of which you'll have to pay the flight cost. If you fail to pay after this 3 days, your booking will be cancelled .

How much is this booking? Hope its ok by you?

From the time given, the booking will expire by 8am on monday and I'm not sure you can make it to their office and pay on monday before 8am. However, they work on saturdays, from 9am to 12 noon. So if the price you got this booking is ok by you, I'll suggest you go tomorrow and pay between 9am and 12noon.

Their number is 012717600.

Ok thanks. Do I need to fill out my details online cos their website seems to be faulty. After filling out my details and click on save, it keeps telling me "Fields marked with asterisks are compulsory".. I'm certain I filled it out my right details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:33am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Ok thanks. Do I need to fill out my details online cos their website seems to be faulty. After filling out my details and click on save, it keeps telling me "Fields marked with asterisks are compulsory".. I'm certain I filled it out my right details.

Lol. Their website can't be faulty. Lol. Are you booking using mobile or PC? Booking with Emirates is preferable on PC. Yes, you'll have to fill out your details, especially the important ones marked with asterisks. Then after payment, you can enter other information and also get to select your seat on the plane. I chose the window seats for both flights from Lagos to Dubai and Dubai to JFK. I wanna get to see the aerial view of Lagos and Dubai. tongue

Finally, print out your booking ticket and take it with you to their office to pay. Make sure the booking ticket clearly contains your booking reference number(a 6-letter alphanumeric code given to every booking) and the amount you're meant to pay.

Finally, Go Emirates! You'll enjoy your Emirates flight. They've got terrific in-flight entertainment. On the plane, you can watch movies, MtV, News, Animal Planet etc on TV, play games(for game-loving freaksgrin), make in-flight calls to another passenger on the plane by simply dialling their seat number, make out-of-plane calls and so much more. You're in for a sweet ride! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by deejayterabyte(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2013
Please Good people of Nairaland, I want to ask, how long does it take for SEVIS payment to be available for print out?, I gave an agent money to help me with my SEVIS fee payment because i couldnt go to cotonou to pay it myself sad sad, please what can i do? the agent keeps posting me and telling me soon, and i have given him the money for over 3 weeks, he is always saying there is something wrong with the SEVIS payment server angry angry angry, please, my interview is on the 14th of this month, thats Wednesday, what can i do, is there an alternative to get it ready before Wednesday morning?? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 11:44am On Aug 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lol. Their website can't be faulty. Lol. Are you booking using mobile or PC? Booking with Emirates is preferable on PC. The only details you'll have to enter are your name, email, phone number. Then after payment, you can enter other information and get to select your seat on the plane. I chose the window seats for both flights from Lagos to Dubai and Dubai to JFK. I wanna get to see the aerial view of Lagos and Dubai. tongue

Finally, print out your booking ticket and take it with you to their office to pay. Make sure the booking ticket clearly contains your booking reference number(a 6-letter alphanumeric code given to every booking).

Finally, Go Emirates! You'll enjoy your Emirates flight. They've got terrific in-flight entertainment. On the plane, you can watch movies, MtV, News, Animal Planet etc on TV, play games(for game-loving freaksgrin), make in-flight calls to another passenger on the plane by simply dialling their seat number, make out-of-plane calls and so much more. You're in for a sweet ride! cheesy

Oh ok. I'm in Ibadan and my brother will be the one paying cos he's in lagos. Does he need to print out or the refrence number is enough to show to them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2013
flynbird:

Oh ok. I'm in Ibadan and my brother will be the one paying cos he's in lagos. Does he need to print out or the refrence number is enough to show to them?

Yes. Forward to him the booking confirmation email Emirates will send to you for him to print and go to their office today or tomorrow to pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ame... Please keep me posted on the outcome cos I have NHIS here in naija..

Amefrica:

Ok.. Thanks a bulk

YAY! Thanks bruv.. I can see ur a real football fan.. #iRepManUtho.. Once again, thank u! We all r gonna get to our dream land..

Ok, ima do just that.. Thanks a bunch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
onuawuchi: I'm posting on this thread for the first time. I'd like to know my chance of getting into a graduate school in the states for a Masters degree in economics with this profile:

Bsc Economics 3.98/5.0 (2005)
GRE: V 145: Q 151 ( I know its a low one. I think I was tricked on my gre. Wrote three sections for Quantitative,instead of two: Computer error I suppose)
Work Experience: 2008-date

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Unless your intended school doesn't require GRE, your quantitative score is low for an economics graduate studies. I will suggest you explore schools that do not require GRE or retake the exam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 12:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica:

Lmao... Na soo... Lol! You got me Cracking The Fvck Up..
Xup amefrica, i wan apply to ur school bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help! / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.