Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,400 members, 7,910,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (492848 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
foohard: Ame... Please keep me posted on the outcome cos I have NHIS here in naija..

Bro, How did you go about your NHIS Health insurance you got here.. And how much does it cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
Just on a lighter note, those going for their visa interview on monday shouldn't go and behave like Wizkid there o! Lol grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjASxuPp3jM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by iamchux: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
@deejayterabyte, I would advise you to copy out the address and customer-care number ASAP before it gets hidden, because time is really against you...Talking from experience!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
deejayterabyte:

3 Working days? ha! mogbe ooo, the interview is on the 14th of august, next wednesday! chai i don fvck up!
i have been trying the number not going through, seems they are on holiday for Ramadan

He said within 3 working days. Not after 3 working days. Etu a ka madu si ada exam. Please go immediately on monday morning and pay. Tell them how urgent your payment is, that your interview is on wednesday and how you need to print your receipt by latest, tuesday evening. It will reflect that day or the next day, tuesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
foohard: Ame... Please keep me posted on the outcome cos I have NHIS here in naija..

Ok bro.. No qualms! I'd like to knw how u went abt the NHIS stuff..
oyetpel:
Xup amefrica, i wan apply to ur school bro

Wow! It'd be so nice.. Do u want to apply for spring ? U can go ahead bro!
We are the MUSTANGS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
iamchux: @deejayterabyte, I would advise you to copy out the address and customer-care number ASAP before it gets hidden, because time is really against you...Talking from experience!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oke22(f): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
oyetpel:
Xup amefrica, i wan apply to ur school bro
. ...@ amefrica i also applied to d same skl but dey resume on d 14 did they extend ur resumtion date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
iamchux: @deejayterabyte, I would advise you to copy out the address and customer-care number ASAP before it gets hidden, because time is really against you...Talking from experience!

Exactly!!!!!!! You so right on point........

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
deejayterabyte:

3 Working days? ha! mogbe ooo, the interview is on the 14th of august, next wednesday! chai i don fvck up!
i have been trying the number not going through, seems they are on holiday for Ramadan

They are on holiday for the Ramadan.. But when you call them on Monday morning between 9am to 9:30am their number will go thru..

Their office is open on Mondays to Thursdays by 9am to 4pm while on fridays - 9am to 2pm..

So I will advice you head straight to their office on Monday Morning and explain your issue with them..
Tell them your Interview date is on Wednessday, they should be able to help you out by speeding up the process for you....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
deejayterabyte:

Cotonou na ur sure bet if u no wan dey explain grammer for embassy.#myonekobo#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
oke22: . ...@ amefrica i also applied to d same skl but dey resume on d 14 did they extend ur resumtion date

Extension bawo ? wink I'm going for Spring 2014.. And school resumes Jan. 13..
What semester did u apply for and are u over there already..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by foohard: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Bro, How did you go about your NHIS Health insurance you got here.. And how much does it cost?

@Ame... I work for Federal government, so, NHIS is automatic for Public officers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by xtus(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
iamchux: Just on a lighter note, those going for their visa interview on monday shouldn't go and behave like Wizkid there o! Lol grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjASxuPp3jM

DON'T DULL.......... LMAOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by joelinsewa: 3:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pls house, I need the format for statement of purpose. I want to apply for MBA Business Admin. Pls mail it to my box joelin_sewa@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
joelin_sewa: Pls house, I need the format for statement of purpose. I want to apply for MBA Business Admin. Pls mail it to my box joelin_sewa@yahoo.com

Use google....Open www.google.com, in the search box type in 'statement of purpose sample', click enter. After the result page loads, click on images...bam! That does it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by joelinsewa: 4:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tnks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
deejayterabyte: Please Good people of Nairaland, I want to ask, how long does it take for SEVIS payment to be available for print out?, I gave an agent money to help me with my SEVIS fee payment because i couldnt go to cotonou to pay it myself sad sad, please what can i do? the agent keeps posting me and telling me soon, and i have given him the money for over 3 weeks, he is always saying there is something wrong with the SEVIS payment server angry angry angry, please, my interview is on the 14th of this month, thats Wednesday, what can i do, is there an alternative to get it ready before Wednesday morning?? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

grin grin He don teach you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
iamchux: Just on a lighter note, those going for their visa interview on monday shouldn't go and behave like Wizkid there o! Lol grin

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
joelin_sewa: Pls house, I need the format for statement of purpose. I want to apply for MBA Business Admin. Pls mail it to my box joelin_sewa@yahoo.com
Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by deejayterabyte(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

They are on holiday for the Ramadan.. But when you call them on Monday morning between 9am to 9:30am their number will go thru..

Their office is open on Mondays to Thursdays by 9am to 4pm while on fridays - 9am to 2pm..

So I will advice you head straight to their office on Monday Morning and explain your issue with them..
Tell them your Interview date is on Wednessday, they should be able to help you out by speeding up the process for you....

bigfrancis21:

He said within 3 working days. Not after 3 working days. Etu a ka madu si ada exam. Please go immediately on monday morning and pay. Tell them how urgent your payment is, that your interview is on wednesday and how you need to print your receipt by latest, tuesday evening. It will reflect that day or the next day, tuesday.

Thanks so much, i will do just that! i promise the people of Nairaland that i have learnt my lesson and i will never be a victim of scam again IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
YAY!! This is ge'in so interesting..
I received my scanned I20 today.. Instead of 48months (4years) they put 59months (almost 5years).
And even i used my uncle's statement of acct to apply and they put family funds (wow! U knw what that means).
Haha! I'm good to go pay the VISA fee.. But there's a small problem, instead of International Relations they put Political Science...
#alilbitconfused
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by oyetpel(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica: YAY!! This is ge'in so interesting..
I received my scanned I20 today.. Instead of 48months (4years) they put 59months (almost 5years).
And even i used my uncle's statement of acct to apply and they put family funds (wow! U knw what that means).
Haha! I'm good to go pay the VISA fee.. But there's a small problem, instead of International Relations they put Political Science...
#alilbitconfused

Ok, Ame........how can i start? Help me list the requiremennts they request 4rm u, did you sent ur toefl to them? Am apply for spring 2014, undergraduates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
oyetpel:

Ok, Ame........how can i start? Help me list the requiremennts they request 4rm u, did you sent ur toefl to them? Am apply for spring 2014, undergraduates.

It'd be better if you can go to the school's website you'll get more than enough...
After applying either online or tru mail, u will receive an email message containing ur STUDENT TECH ID, and they'll list the remaining documentations for ur file to be complete...
1. Pay the $20 application fee..
2. Ur high school transcript..
3. Ur original WAEC/NECO certificate..
4. Copy of Int'l passport (if you have one)..
5. Proof of english (TOEFL or it likes)..
6. Financial statement (they'll give you the link to download that)..
7. Bank statement (showing at least $18500)..
No SAT/ACT is required..
If you got all these, and ur WAEC is good and the transcript too. You sure gonn' get the admission..
Pls, speed up.. Dont forget that it is ''first come, first served''...
Hope to see you in Marshall..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
#alilbitconfused

You're lucky to have your I20 scanned to you. My school flatly refused to send me a scanned copy of my I20. Had to pay for courier(Fedex) to have a new one sent to me. Paid a whopping sum of N17,500 shocked for courier (through EshipGlobal).

Its good as they sent you a scanned copy of your I20 and you were able to detect the error. Email your school immediately telling them of the error in course of study to see that they correct it and email you a new and corrected one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
@vivysparkles

Promoting that insurance company here is not a good idea, please stop.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
#alilbitconfused

wow! Did you just say your school sent a scanned copy of your I-20? That's incredible! Most schools won't do it. Good for you and having it will expedite other processes.

On the duration, it's not a problem. Most schools always add some months (grace period) to your intended duration of studies. Just fill whatever duration reflecting on your I-20 while filling your ds-160

On the course, that one get K-LEG o. You will have to notify them of the error before they send the hard copy to you.

This your school sha no wan lose "wizkid" like you. Na em make dem dey expedite d process for you. #lol

All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
Amefrica: My special thanks goes to my brother frm anoda mother RICKY for guiding me thru d application (for admission) process.. Jah bless u!
To my brothers/friends Gr8ever, iamchux, olawale, johnnyp, lisadem, technolee, de tus, imperiouxx, fadinus (i owe u bro) and my girlfriend (just kidding lol) Kofsy, i'm saying a big THANK YOU to you.. And i'm happy to tell y'all that i'm officially admitted to Southwest Minnesota State University..
I got banned last friday.. So, this came late i should av posted it since Tuesday..
I got my TOEFL result on friday (sorry, i disappointed you all, but i thank God, i made the minimum requirement), i sent my log in info to my schools .. That same day i received an email from SMSU notifying me of my admission and i was so surprised. Right now, my I20 is being processed and will be on its way soon..
I know i dnt av to post dis but i'm just super flying happy.. I remember when i wanted to giv up and olawale and ricky boosted my morale..
God bless you all once again.. Kofsy, i'm wishing u success in ur exam(s)..
#ProudlyMinnesotan

Ah!!! na me your aunty you dey call girlfriend? if i catch you cheesy cheesy

Anyways, congrats on you admission. smiley smiley you are good to go.

And thanks for the best wishes. wishing you same as you proceed to the crucial phase of the process. Your visa is waiting for you bro.... cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Ishowdels(m): 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Mr shoggie...cöngrats on ur trip to obama land...dont 4get ur dudes on NL o

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (401)

Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.