Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,606 members, 7,888,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491390 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
electronic: If average app fee = $80 angry
then 4 Schools = 4 x 80 = $320 embarassed
320 x 160 = 51,200 lipsrsealed whew!!!Sweating
GRE = 30,000 angry
Transcript = 4 x 2500 = 10,000
estimated (51000+30000+10000) + other = 100,000 undecided

boy oh boy!!!

Lool.. You r funny!! Nor go think am at all.. The journey to Obamaland is rough ooo besides there are app fee as low as $20.. It can even be waived depending on the school..
Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
dolapobello1:

Did you graduate from Unilag?
No Bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by electronic(m): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Amefrica:

Lool.. You r funny!! Nor go think am at all.. The journey to Obamaland is rough ooo besides there are app fee as low as $20.. It can even be waived depending on the school..
Cheers!
lol.....
I feel you bro! I'll do more research anyway
tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
electronic:
lol.....
I feel you bro! I'll do more research anyway
tnx

Okay cool... Just speak with them directly, it should be waived or slashed.. Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JFK12: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=kunlebal][/quote]

Thanks bro,I have dom nd savings acct with GTB.I will do as you said.1 love
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by idalex: 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
GRE = 30,000 angry

boy oh boy!!!

u are good at evaluation, keep it up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
GRE = 30,000 angry

boy oh boy!!!

And do you think miners look at the tip of their diggers?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
GRE = 30,000 angry

boy oh boy!!!

imperiouxx:

And do you think miners look at the tip of their diggers?

Lolz, the funny part is he won't even remember the total amount when he gets his visa...

I tried sitting down and calculating after i got mine, but i couldn't remember all grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
dolapobello1:

Did you graduate from Unilag?

@Dolapobello1, I'm expecting your reply Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
House, I'm considering the following schools for a PhD in Management Information Systems in some and Information Systems in others:
1)University of Georgia
2)University of Illinois Chicago
3)University at Albany (State University of New York)
4)University of Nebraska Omaha
5)The University of Arizona
6)Baylor University Waco Tx
7)University of Maryland Baltimore County
@Webstradamus, Imperiouxx and other members of the house hope I'm good to go with these schools? Want to be sure that none of them is too 'competitive' grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by BannyE: 10:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Please, someone should help me to confirm if Concordia University, Wisconsin., is a school that won't give me issue @usEmbassy. Please.

I intend applying in this school.

I need advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
samnoah: House, I'm considering the following schools for a PhD in Management Information Systems in some and Information Systems in others:
1)University of Georgia
2)University of Illinois Chicago
3)University at Albany (State University of New York)
4)University of Nebraska Omaha
5)The University of Arizona
6)Baylor University Waco Tx
7)University of Maryland Baltimore County
@Webstradamus, Imperiouxx and other members of the house hope I'm good to go with these schools? Want to be sure that none of them is too 'competitive' grin

WTF!smiley All?! Great schools sir. Just that u might need to narrow d list down to like 4. There are so many things to consider...u know what suits u perfectly sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by godG: 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
GRE = 30,000 angry

boy oh boy!!!

Lol. This dude must be an accountant. If u are 'fortunate', u go do evaluation sef. Bro, eni ti o je oyin inu apata o ni wo enu ake: he who is willing to eat d goodies inherent in a rock will ignore d pains and stress involved. #It's a price we must pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:12am On Sep 07, 2013
smithjanetstore: @bigfrancis21 we gat to talk but i dont how to make use of this nairaland PM stuff

I replied your message 2 days ago. Been expecting your reply since then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:14am On Sep 07, 2013
JFK12: Pls house,am having problem in paying my application fee online,can I ask someone in US to pay for me ? Or can anyone help me out in the house?

Which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:15am On Sep 07, 2013
virgin ice: Nlanders, been a while i dropped a msg.....
school has bin crazy down here with lots of things to do....
am even behind in class....
understanding quantum chemistry is kinda nasty....
ofcos i knew assignments wud b much and all....
i jus dint no dat my chem knowledge had deteriorated....
dis deterioration is affecting my coordination and organometallic knowledge...
trying to catch up with all these plus d TA thingy with scripts and hours of working in d lab....
i feel i may just breakdown.....

Who said it was going to be easy. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:29am On Sep 07, 2013
Amefrica:

Yea, thanks bro.. I have the man's number and I call him everyday even this morning.. He said he hasn't received it yet.. Today makes it 4 weeks. sad I hope to get it this coming week, thanks once again..

Receiving mails from US using USPS-NIPOST really does take time. At least 5 weeks. My original admission letter from UMD mailed out in the last week of June through USPS-NIPOST I'm still yet to receive it. And this is September. Had to make do with the copy sent to me via email. My other admission letter from Alabama took 2 months to arrive. Well, In your case you still have like more 3 weeks to go before your interview date.

Listen, take my advice. I'd suggest you reschedule your interview date to October middle or ending. By then you should have gathered together all necessary documents, received your I20, and prepared body soul and mind for the interview. I remember you complaining in another post about not being ready yet. No need rushing to the embassy half-prepared only to hear that weakening 'I'm sorry your visa application does not qualify at this time...' statement, caused by inadequate preparation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 3:44am On Sep 07, 2013
Babs911: Pls help me on my I-20, d sku has mail it since 27th of August and till date can't get it also I have my interview on 19th what can I do? Though I have d scanned copy d sku sent to me.

@Bold...you call that since? grin. Its not up to 2 weeks yet and you're complaining. People who have waited 5 weeks now are still yet to complain and you're complaining. You just have to be patient. At least 5 weeks is the expected time frame.

You have your interview on 19, that is in 12 days time which gives a total of 3 weeks in between i20 mailing date and interview date. While 4 weeks in waiting has elapsed for Amefrica and his I20 hasn't arrived. I don't intend to be pessimistic but I certainly don't think you can make it to the interview on 19th of this month given the history of USPS-NIPOST and their fame for delayed delivery of mails, and most certainly not in 3 weeks. At this point I'll suggest that you reschedule your interview date to a later date, say early or middle october.

If per adventure you decide to keep your date and wait for the I20 and it still hasn't arrived by sept 16(monday), please cancel your date and reschedule. This is because 2 days or less to your interview date you will be unable to cancel your interview date, meaning you must attend the visa interview and if you decide to miss the interview and not go(be absent), you've lost that slot and you will be required to pay another visa application fee of N26,400 to book another interview. After one's interview date has passed, the computer system automatically wipes off your payment receipt data from their database whether you were present at the interview or not. Meaning that you can't use your GTB payment receipt after your booked interview date has passed.

I'm taking my time to respond because I'm talking from experience as I was once in your shoes and I missed my first interview because of late arrival of the same I20.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:06am On Sep 07, 2013
ayodile2000: Hello pals, I applied to the East tennessee state univeristy last year december for fall 2013. I was granted admission to the graduate school. However, I was awarded a 50percent tuiton scholarship. So, I deferred the admission to next year fall. Please, how best can I make my application for scholarship to get a GA.

I guess the 50% tuition scholarship you're talking about is a half-tuition waiver.

Email your school telling them how grateful and interested you are for/in the tuition waiver and that you want it carried over to next fall for you. Resend it severally again like twice after a few days/weeks just to let them know how serious you are about the tuition waiver.

I don't mean to deter you but GA might be very difficult for you to get from over the atlantic. Its easier to get it the following semester after you must have gotten into the US in the first semester and paid first semester fees. Then you can then look around for GA opportunities, indicate interest, talk to one or two people/staff members and hopefully, you'll get one for the subsequent semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:07am On Sep 07, 2013
ayodile2000: Hello pals, I applied to the East tennessee state univeristy last year december for fall 2013. I was granted admission to the graduate school. However, I was awarded a 50percent tuiton scholarship. So, I deferred the admission to next year fall. Please, how best can I make my application for scholarship to get a GA.

I guess the 50% tuition scholarship you're talking about is a half-tuition waiver.

Email your school telling them how grateful and interested you are for/in the tuition waiver and that you want it carried over to next fall for you. Resend it severally again like twice after a few days/weeks just to let them know how serious you are about the tuition waiver.

I don't mean to deter you but GA might be very difficult for you to get from over the atlantic. Its easier to get it the following semester after you must have gotten into the US in the first semester and paid first semester fees. Then you can then look around for GA opportunities, indicate interest, talk to one or two people/staff members and hopefully, you'll get one for the subsequent semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@Bold...you call that since? grin. Its not up to 2 weeks yet and you're complaining. People who have waited 5 weeks now are still yet to complain and you're complaining. You just have to be patient. At least 5 weeks is the expected time frame.

You have your interview on 19, that is in 12 days time which gives a total of 3 weeks in between i20 mailing date and interview date. While 4 weeks in waiting has elapsed for Amefrica and his I20 hasn't arrived. I don't intend to be pessimistic but I certainly don't think you can make it to the interview on 19th of this month given the history of USPS-NIPOST and their fame for delayed delivery of mails, and most certainly not in 3 weeks. At this point I'll suggest that you reschedule your interview date to a later date, say early or middle october.

If per adventure you decide to keep your date and wait for the I20 and it still hasn't arrived by sept 16(monday), please cancel your date and reschedule. This is because 2 days or less to your interview date you will be unable to cancel your interview date, meaning you must attend the visa interview and if you decide to miss the interview and not go(be absent), you've lost that slot and you will be required to pay another visa application fee of N26,400 to book another interview. After one's interview date has passed, the computer system automatically wipes off your payment receipt data from their database whether you were present at the interview or not. Meaning that you can't use your GTB payment receipt after your booked interview date has passed.

I'm taking my time to respond because I'm talking from experience as I was once in your shoes and I missed my first interview because of late arrival of the same I20.
I appreciate ur piece of advice and I really agreed with you but my fear is that d date I need to resume to sku on my I-20 is 1st of October if it passess then before I go for my interview won't that be an issue d VO will lament on? Pls advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Receiving mails from US using USPS-NIPOST really does take time. At least 5 weeks. My original admission letter from UMD mailed out in the last week of June through USPS-NIPOST I'm still yet to receive it. And this is September. Had to make do with the copy sent to me via email. My other admission letter from Alabama took 2 months to arrive. Well, In your case you still have like more 3 weeks to go before your interview date.

Listen, take my advice. I'd suggest you reschedule your interview date to October middle or ending. By then you should have gathered together all necessary documents, received your I20, and prepared body soul and mind for the interview. I remember you complaining in another post about not being ready yet. No need rushing to the embassy half-prepared only to hear that weakening 'I'm sorry your visa application does not qualify at this time...' statement, caused by inadequate preparation.

WOW!! Thanks so much bigfrancis.. Actually, I've emailed my school to reissue the I20 and they are currently working on it (which they said would be ready nextweek).. I think if the I20 doesn't arrive two weeks to my interview I'll have to go pick it up by using courier or FedEx..

About rescheduling the appointment.. While I was scheduling my appointment I only saw 2 available dates which were Sept. 9th and Oct. 3rd (which I booked).. Are you saying more dates are still going to pop up and if so, Y'know the likely dates I'm gonna see would be 29-30days anticipating the day I'm rescheduling.. I really don't know how this works but can you shed more light...

Thanks so much once again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2013
Only those who are stubborn won't hear the first call. You've been told since yesterday to cancel that appointment if possible and look for a more convenient date as many other dates would pop up, but you're still confused.

If you cancel that Oct 3, you may or may not see any other one within the 30 days (but most likely, more dates will soon open). The most important is your readiness not even getting date. What's the outcome of interview without preparation?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by BannyE: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2013
I have a TOEFL score of 61 for internet base test. I know is very poor. What if am able to get admission with it from schools that accept low TOEFL score but have to undergo additional English Language Class when I resume My question is, will the Embassy deny my visa application because of my low TOEFL score??

What is your take on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by BannyE: 7:37am On Sep 07, 2013
What's is the implications of applying in schools that does not require GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Timilehin3(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2013
Amefrica:

She can't answer you now.. I can feel her stress
master, aabeg can u help me out wit d questn den or r u in a different field.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Timilehin.:

master, aabeg can u help me out wit d questn den or r u in a different field.

No oooo. cheesy. I'm a Political Scientist wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 9raCash: 8:25am On Sep 07, 2013
Hello house, my interview comes up in 2 weeks. I want to know if I can go with the statement of feb-july 2013 or is it a must the date on it must enter aug? Your prompt response will be highly appreciated my oga sirs....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 8:28am On Sep 07, 2013
GRE = 30,000 angry

boy oh boy!!!
Plus evaluation $262x162:N42,444. U are lucky that ur school transcript is not expensive, mine is 5K per one. That's the sacrifice we need to make bro, cheer up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 9:27am On Sep 07, 2013
Timilehin.:

nice i saw som1 in my field of study....au is CHM over dre. Planned going 4 M.Sc Environmental Chm, whc schl r u?

Chem is as usual but you just have to know what you're doing. Generally, studying here isn't for the weak in mind (not that there isn't but they won't like to tell the story of their life and fear of falling out of status). All state universities offer Chem. So, search any schools you like.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:22am On Sep 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:

God bless you my brother.. You are so right on point!!! I just pray he will listen because I have been telling him since not to be in a hurry..

@Amefrica, do as Bigfrancis said, re-schedule your appointment to Ending of October to allow enough time for your Visa preparation..DON'T go to the embassy without FULL preparation.

You can see what bigfrancis said about Nipost.. He has nt even received his admission letter which was sent to him by his school since June. And it is 3 months now his admission letter was sent..

I will advice you, if u still intend going for the early October date you already picked which I don't Recommend, because that date you picked is too early for you to get all this things done.

You are not a Robot. This thing takes time.. So no need to rush.. Remember slow and steady wins the race. And morever you still have much time on your side because your school resumes on the 13th of January 2014.. So no need to get ya head all worked up..

Go and use FedEx OR TNT courier plus to receive your i-20 package, and you will receive your i-20 package here within 4 working days that is IF you intend going with the early October date you picked which I DON'T recommend.

But if you intend re-scheduling your appointment to ending of october, (which I FULLY RECOMMEND) then I will suggest you give Nipost this full month of september for you to receive your i-20.. But if it still hasn't arrived then you will use a pick-up service to receive your i-20 package. TNT courier plus is the cheapest, just #12,260.

You will schedule the TNT pick-up service by first week of October and get it within 4 days and go for your interview by ending october.. How do you see that.. You can see everything is about planning..

So you don't need to be confused.. You need to know how to calculate. Think ahead.. And know how to plan...

Success bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

God bless you my brother.. You are so right on point!!! I just pray he will listen because I have been telling him since not to be in a hurry..

@Amefrica, do as Bigfrancis said, re-schedule your appointment to Ending of October to allow enough time for your Visa preparation..DON'T go to the embassy without FULL preparation.

You can see what bigfrancis said about Nipost.. He has nt even received his admission letter which was sent to him by his school since June. And it is 3 months now his admission letter was sent..

I will advice you, if u still intend going for the early October date you already picked which I don't Recommend, because that date you picked is too early for you to get all this things done.

You are not a Robot. This thing takes time.. So no need to rush.. Remember slow and steady wins the race. And morever you still have much time on your side because your school resumes on the 13th of January 2014.. So no need to get ya head all worked up..

Go and use FedEx OR TNT courier plus to receive your i-20 package, and you will receive your i-20 package here within 4 working days that is IF you intend going with the early October date you picked which I DON'T recommend.

But if you intend re-scheduling your appointment to ending of october, (which I FULLY RECOMMEND) then I will suggest you give Nipost this full month of september for you to receive your i-20.. But if it still hasn't arrived then u will use FedEx by first week of October and get it within 4 days and go for your interview by ending october.. How do you see that.. You can see everything is about planning..

So you don't need to be confused.. You need to know how to calculate. Think ahead.. And know how to plan...

Success bro..

Thanks! I got it.. I'm going to follow you guys advices.. Everything happens for a reason..

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.