Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,614 members, 7,888,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491395 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Babs911: I appreciate ur piece of advice and I really agreed with you but my fear is that d date I need to resume to sku on my I-20 is 1st of October if it passess then before I go for my interview won't that be an issue d VO will lament on? Pls advice.

See, you are the cause of this your problem now.. Why didn't you use a courier service like FedEx, DHL OR TNT courier plus to receive your i-20 package..

There is one thing you guys need to know is, Nothing good comes easy.. No short-cut to success.. People who traveled to the US spent a whole alot of money..

Even me that have gotten my visa, and I have no deadline to meet for embassy appointment, I intend using TNT courier plus to pick up my NEW i-20 package for the spring 2014 semester to avoid this risk of Nipost you guys are facing now..

So if someone like me who doesn't even have any deadline to meet, makes use of a courier service to receive a VITAL document, then why can't you guys who have deadlines to meet do the same as well..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 11:59am On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx: Only those who are stubborn won't hear the first call. You've been told since yesterday to cancel that appointment if possible and look for a more convenient date as many other dates would pop up, but you're still confused.

If you cancel that Oct 3, you may or may not see any other one within the 30 days (but most likely, more dates will soon open). The most important is your readiness not even getting date. What's the outcome of interview without preparation?

God Bless you and your papa for this.... On point...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
BannyE: I have a TOEFL score of 61 for internet base test. I know is very poor. What if am able to get admission with it from schools that accept low TOEFL score but have to undergo additional English Language Class when I resume My question is, will the Embassy deny my visa application because of my low TOEFL score??

What is your take on this?

Are you going for undergrad OR masters?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
BannyE: What's is the implications of applying in schools that does not require GRE?

No implication for admissions to schools.. But you will face the REAL implication at the embassy.. Lol..

Your two eye balls go open wide when you go hear ; Sorry your visa cannot be approved at this moment please Re-apply"

So if you like yourself, Do the right thing. Take atleast one standarlized test for the sake of the embassy....

Success bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
9raCash: Hello house, my interview comes up in 2 weeks. I want to know if I can go with the statement of feb-july 2013 or is it a must the date on it must enter aug? Your prompt response will be highly appreciated my oga sirs....

You can use the Bank statement bro.. It is still verryyy RECENT..

It is not Mandatory it enters August.. Your bank statement will be highly ACCEPTABLE at the embassy.. You are good to go bro..

I wish you success.. Go bring home the visa and come share your testimony with us here...

Cheers bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx: Only those who are stubborn won't hear the first call. You've been told since yesterday to cancel that appointment if possible and look for a more convenient date as many other dates would pop up, but you're still confused.

If you cancel that Oct 3, you may or may not see any other one within the 30 days (but most likely, more dates will soon open). The most important is your readiness not even getting date. What's the outcome of interview without preparation?

Ok!! I got you, Thanks bro.. I know whichever date I choose God will surely favor me.. Cuz he started it and he sure going to complete it.. I appreciate all the advices, I'm not desperate abt going to the embassy tho'.. If everything doesn't not turn out as it should. I can still cancel the appointment a week b4 the interview and get a more convenient date..
I appreciate everyone's concern.. God bless y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
godG:

WTF!smiley All?! Great schools sir. Just that u might need to narrow d list down to like 4. There are so many things to consider...u know what suits u perfectly sir.

Thanks bro. I'm applying to six out of the seven though... Or is it too much to apply to six considering the competitive nature of PhD admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

See, you are the cause of this your problem now.. Why didn't you use a courier service like FedEx, DHL OR TNT courier plus to receive your i-20 package..

There is one thing you guys need to know is, Nothing good comes easy.. No short-cut to success.. People who traveled to the US spent a whole alot of money..

Even me that have gotten my visa, and I have no deadline to meet for embassy appointment, I intend using TNT courier plus to pick up my NEW i-20 package for the spring 2014 semester to avoid this risk of Nipost you guys are facing now..

So if someone like me who doesn't even have any deadline to meet, makes use of a courier service to receive a VITAL document, then why can't you guys who have deadlines to meet do the same as well..

I know its a big issue have got myself involved now so wat did u suggest i can do? can i request my sku to re-issue another admission letter and I-20 so dat i will use courier to pick it for me? pls advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
samnoah:

Thanks bro. I'm applying to six out of the seven though... Or is it too much to apply to six considering the competitive nature of PhD admission?

6 schools is Okay. You will have better chances of securing funding from your school.

Even if you want to apply to 30 schools. grin No problem about that.. Go ahead. As long as say your money dey on ground.. Lol.

Mr Bill gate pickin..cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by RickyRozay: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Babs911: I know its a big issue have got myself involved now so wat did u suggest i can do? can i request my sku to re-issue another admission letter and I-20 so dat i will use courier to pick it for me? pls advice.

Exactly bro... I was about suggesting that to you as well..

Please switch to Plan B. Contact your school. And tell em you want em to issue another i-20 for you because you have not received the innitial one they sent and your Visa interview date is veryy close..

So when they agree to issue you another i-20, tell them you want to use TNT courier pick-up service here in Nigeria so that they will come down to the University and pick it up and you get the i-20 package here within 4 working days...

Please Contact them first. And keep me posted and let me know their response. So I will let you know how you go about it.. Send me a PM for effective communication..

Success bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Exactly bro... I was about suggesting that to you as well..

Please switch to Plan B. Contact your school. And tell em you want em to issue another i-20 for you because you have not received the innitial one they sent and your Visa interview date is veryy close..

So when they agree to issue you another i-20, tell them you want to use TNT courier pick-up service here in Nigeria so that they will come down to the University and pick it up and you get the i-20 package here within 4 working days...

Please Contact them first. And keep me posted and let me know their response. So I will let you know how you go about it.. Send me a PM for effective communication..

Success bro..
tanx boss i will keep u posted once d sku reply me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

God Bless you and your papa for this.... On point...

grin His issue is simple.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Amefrica:

Ok!! I got you, Thanks bro.. I know whichever date I choose God will surely favor me.. Cuz he started it and he sure going to complete it.. I appreciate all the advices, I'm not desperate abt going to the embassy tho'.. If everything doesn't not turn out as it should. I can still cancel the appointment a week b4 the interview and get a more convenient date..
I appreciate everyone's concern.. God bless y'all

You're just speaking conventional language now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
samnoah:

Since you're applying for a PhD program, you might need to increase your choice schools 4 to 6 more just to stand the high competition. You know you are competing with us who are already in the system and many other nationals including Americans. Do you have a second degree prior this PhD hunt?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

grin grin grin ...You never seize to amuse me... cheesy Thanks. All is well !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

6 schools is Okay. You will have better chances of securing funding from your school.

Even if you want to apply to 30 schools. grin No problem about that.. Go ahead. As long as say your money dey on ground.. Lol.

It's funny that 6 schools might not be enough for him. Why?

1) Seeking funding
2) Type of course (science is more easy applying to few)
3) Application is from outside US
4) Competition with those within (continuing students... first, those within US...second, others from outside are needed to fill programs in case they got few applications or the school isn't first choice for applicants).
5) In depth of research works (s)he has done.

FYI: I'm applying to 10.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Timilehin3(m): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Chem is as usual but you just have to know what you're doing. Generally, studying here isn't for the weak in mind (not that there isn't but they won't like to tell the story of their life and fear of falling out of status). All state universities offer Chem. So, search any schools you like.
thanks GURU, alredi dne dat. Still serving my father land. Am going to write GRE by Dec, den apply 4 summer so dat i can av enof time to prepare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

It's funny that 6 schools might not be enough for him. Why?

1) Seeking funding
2) Type of course (science is more easy applying to few)
3) Application is from outside US
4) Competition with those within (continuing students... first, those within US...second, others from outside are needed to fill programs in case they got few applications or the school isn't first choice for applicants).
5) In depth of research works (s)he has done.

FYI: I'm applying to 10.

I don't think the emboldened words really hold true. As an international student, you compete only with other international students for the slots reserved for international students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by simpleE: 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Good day.... i want advise on this. I have admission to a US school for masters this fall session and i have my F-1 visa too. I am now in the US and genuinely intend to study but i'm having difficulties with finances. I was to buy some goods for some clients and send them to Nigeria and my profit from it was what i intended using for tuition fees. But unfortunately my clients backed out and asked for a refund which i have returned to them. Now i don't have any means of paying my tuition. I'l like to seek advise from the house on what to do. What advise would you have for me in-order not to fall out of status? I do want to study but funding isn't possible now. I've been to the US twice on visits and never breached any laws.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by simpleE: 6:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Which Websites can i search on to see if i can get scholarships if possible or if it isn't late for this sessions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Ikoko toma je ata idi re agbona (Yoruba adage)... Simply translated nothing good comes easy... My pale no be Bill Gate o but ~'we must do what we need to do in order to achieve what we want to achieve'#TheDebaters. Anywayz, thanks Sir!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by samnoah(m): 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

Since you're applying for a PhD program, you might need to increase your choice schools 4 to 6 more just to stand the high competition. You know you are competing with us who are already in the system and many other nationals including Americans. Do you have a second degree prior this PhD hunt?

Yeah bro. Have a Master's degree in Information Science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadex56: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
Hello house, is it possible for an art or commercial student to study information technology in US universities?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
fadex56: Hello house, is it possible for an art or commercial student to study information technology in US universities?
Very sure once u can cope. I have someone who diverted from political science(Nigeria) †̥o nursing(United State).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
babsharon:
Very sure once u can cope. I have someone who diverted from political science(Nigeria) †̥o nursing(United State).
Really that strange bro, pol science to nursing. Wait Oº°˚˚°ºo bsc in nurse or msc in nurse shocked cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
kunlebal:
Really that strange bro, pol science to nursing. Wait Oº°˚˚°ºo bsc in nurse or msc in nurse shocked cheesy
Certificate in nursing. Kunlebal d guy finished from our school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kunlebal(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
[quote autho winkr=babsharon]
Certificate in nursing. Kunlebal d guy finished from our school.[/quote]
Wow that cool, nursing get money for head Oº°˚˚°ºo cheesy wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feasible(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
House please I need orientation on how to make sevis fee Payment. Want to be sure if I can tell someone to pay on behalf in US or if I can pay directly from Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Babs911(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
imperiouxx:

PLs how much does it cost for FedEx to charge wen use to carry my I-20 from US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
dolapobello1:

I don't think the emboldened words really hold true. As an international student, you compete only with other international students for the slots reserved for international students.

That's not entirely true; it depends on the school. Some schools make international students compete with us students. That's why transcripts are evaluated, and the 2 categories of students fulfill the same requirements.

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.