Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,538 members, 7,888,724 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491354 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2013
Congrats @Apachai. But ol 'boy, seven years Hope say you never old sha. Congrats once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:23am On May 16, 2013
mr swagger: Hello house, I hail all the gurus in da house, my guy Bigfrancis, imperiouxx, kpolli and everyone in da house

Please I intend receiving my i-20 from Minnessota state university, Mankato and the school said I can receive it through fedEx or DHL by signing up to eshipglobal.

After i signed up to eshipglobal, I couldn't proceed in knowing the rate of my shipment because the system said I entered an invalid address.

I correctly wrote out my home and email address but it still gives me the same error.

I also saw on their website that they don't accept credit cards from Nigeria.
I just don't know what to do now.

My sponsor tried getting a US contact for me but all efforts proved abortive so I intend receiving my i-20 package by eshipglobal.

I don't want to use regular mail to receive my document because the school said it will take 3-6 weeks before it gets to me but I even think it might even take longer than that and that is suicide.

Pls who in the house has used eshipglobal or anyone having the same issues with me should please guide me through. I need your help.

See ba, I had the same issues with eshipglobal when I wanted to receive my I-20 from Moorhead. At first it was the address ish and later the credit card too. I was so angry that I sent them a very blunt email that they should cease being the school's courier agent if they won't accept credit cards from Nigeria.

It is very annoying, if I could pay the school's application fee with my credit card without any problem, then why can't I pay for the delivery of my I-20 from the same school with that same card?.

So my brother, the best option You have is to look for a US address for the school to mail your I-20 to and then get it mailed from there with Fedex.

I even searched and searched for a pick-up arrangement during my time, but I did'nt get any but You can search on google too sha. You could get lucky.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 11:24am On May 16, 2013
apachaihopochai.....my broda that neva talk ere...so u don collect the visa u no whatsapp me...congrat bro...waitin to shar my story soon...see u in usa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 11:56am On May 16, 2013
olsmade: Congrats @Apachai. But ol 'boy, seven years Hope say you never old sha. Congrats once again.
Thanks bro...I still young o...but the Phd takes between 4-5 years to complete. The 84months is the total number of years you are allowed to pursue the degree.

Thanks all for your congratulations...peeps that havn't gone for interview...your miracle is coming too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Paywole: 12:05pm On May 16, 2013
mr swagger: Hello house, I hail all the gurus in da house, my guy Bigfrancis, imperiouxx, kpolli and everyone in da house

Please I intend receiving my i-20 from Minnessota state university, Mankato and the school said I can receive it through fedEx or DHL by signing up to eshipglobal.

After i signed up to eshipglobal, I couldn't proceed in knowing the rate of my shipment because the system said I entered an invalid address.

I correctly wrote out my home and email address but it still gives me the same error.

My sponsor tried getting a US contact for me but all efforts proved abortive so I intend receiving my i-20 package by eshipglobal.

I don't want to use regular mail to receive my document because the school said it will take 3-6 weeks before it gets to me but I even think it might even take longer than that and that is suicide.

Pls who in the house has used eshipglobal or anyone having the same issues with me should please guide me through. I need your help.
Schedule a pick up with any courier service here in nigeria and give them the schools address but try and make sure you call their kearnery international office first and inform them about your plans on how you wish to get the I-20 from them..i used TNT then for mnsu and they delivered my I-20..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 12:17pm On May 16, 2013
Paywole: Schedule a pick up with any courier service here in nigeria and give them the schools address but try and make sure you call their kearnery international office first and inform them about your plans on how you wish to get the I-20 from them..i used TNT then for mnsu and they delivered my I-20..

How much did you pay for the pick-up plus delivery?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Paywole: 12:21pm On May 16, 2013
olarwarlay:

How much did you pay for the pick-up plus delivery?.
TNT is the cheapest 12500.fedex like 23k or so cant remember dt actual figure again jare bt i used TNT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2013

Have you confirmed if your I-20 is ready for postage? If yes, ask if they can send it out through overnight postage (USPS), I can help you collect it and bring it with me to Nigeria if that is convenient for you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:33pm On May 16, 2013
ApachaiHopachai: Hey guys got my F1 visa approved today. The wealth of information here helped a lot. My interview was pretty short.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for my postgraduate study.
VO: Which school?
ME: Tulane University New Orleans(@bodeplot smiley)
VO: Which course?
ME: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
VO: How long is your program?
ME: 84 months.
VO: where did you do your first degree?
ME: OAU Ife in Nigeria.
VO: Ok did you do a masters there as well?
ME: nope, am going for a straight PhD.
VO: So how you paying?
ME: I have a TA that covers for my Tuition and living expenses.
VO: nods his head, ok you can go pick up your visa a Ikeja on Tuesday...enjoy Tulane.

Na silent smile I just dey smile till I reach house. Thank you to everyone on this thread.

Congrats!!! Have a wonderful stay/study when you come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 12:33pm On May 16, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
Thanks bro...I still young o...but the Phd takes between 4-5 years to complete. The 84months is the total number of years you are allowed to pursue the degree.

Thanks all for your congratulations...peeps that havn't gone for interview...your miracle is coming too.

Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2013
olsmade: Congrats @Apachai. But ol 'boy, seven years Hope say you never old sha. Congrats once again.

What has age got to do with fulfilling one's dream? I bow for you ooooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2013
Paywole: TNT is the cheapest 12500.fedex like 23k or so cant remember dt actual figure again jare bt i used TNT

Wow! That's very cheap, even with the pick-up service.

So, someone will just walk into any of their Nigerian office and schedule the pick-up ba?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2013
dnpasion: @/olarwarlay i sent an email to your gmail account. Please kindly get back to me as soon as you get my messages. Thanks

You got mail(s)....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 1:11pm On May 16, 2013
hey all. am new here,i did my interview on the 25th of april. it was my second interview and i must confess i got lots of help from all ur postings.This was how my interview went by 8am.
Me-goodmorning ma
Vo-goodmorning
Me-how ws ur nite?
Vo-fine.says pass me ur docs
Vo-whats ur purpose of ur trip?
Me-i want to go to usa to study biology/biological sciences in claflin uni in south carolina
Vo-how did u no about the school
Me- igot to no abt the school through the research i did in the internet n while i ws doing the research i madeuse of some search tools such as peterson school finder n princeton review.
Vo-who told u abt the school
Me-i said the same thing,then she smiled
Vo-is this the only school u no that offers this course?
Me-no ma
Vo-why did u apply to only this school?
Me-actually i applied to lincoln uni in penn n claflin uni last year,but as my visa was denied last yr,claflin kept contacting me telling me that they were interested in me
Vo-why were they interested in you
Me-they were interested in me cos they see a leadership quality in me me and more over my SAT n Toefl scores were ok
Vo-can i see the score sheet
Me-yes ma,then i passed it to her
Vo- wha did you get in Toefl.
Me-i told her 110. Then she said the total score was what? i told her 120,then she smiled and said."you did a nice job. me too i smiled and said thank you ma.
Vo- whats ur SAT score.
Me-i told 1720 she said what percentage high it was.i said about 70% high
Vo-who wl be sponsoring you
Me-my dad's younger bro,then i called his name
Vo-is he in the US
Me-no
Vo-where you given any scholarships.
Me-yes a full honors scholarship
Vo-looks into my i20 and says then what will my uncle be paying for.
Me-he will be paying for my pocket money and my flights ticket
Vo-what does my dad do for a living
me-my dad is late.she says sorry and ask if it was why my uncle is sponsoring me. i said yes
Vo-what does ur mum do for a living
Me-she is a seamstress.
Vo-how many siblings have you
Me-we are 3.am the last born.i have an elder bro and sis.
Vo-what do they do.
Me-my bro is a final student of imsu and my elder sis is married
Vo-why didnt ur bro go US to study.
Me-i dnt no,maybe he didnt research whenhe was lookin for admission and more over he is the 1st son so he wants to stay back and keep things in order
Vo-when did you finish seconary school
Me-2008.
V0-what have you been doing since then.
Me-before i graduated from secondary school,we had a little financial prob so as soon as i graduated i got a job in my uncles company were i worked as his personal assistant,although as i was workin i was also attending extramural classes to help me in uni courses
Vo-what are ur plans after graduation.as soon am done with graduation i must come back to Nigeria to do my compulsory 1yr NYSC.......Vo interjects me and said you still have more yrs wont you like to do ur mastersat once.
Me-no ma i must come back to do my NYSC cos its one step before another..although i will still do m master later cos i wish to become a professor aleast when am 35yrs..
Vo-types some thing in her system..she has alwys been typing....passed all my docs to me and said that my visa has been approved that i should have a safe trip.she also gave me a collecting visa paper like that
Me-smiles and said have a nice day..
That was it. pls note that as soon as you enter the embassy ur interview has started cos cameras are watching you.just chillax,smile when necessary,and dnt relax or keep ur bag on the canter while talking to any of the Vos.stand erect and look in to their eyes.a friend that went for the us interview classes in the us embassy in abuja told me all these thing..but remember above all to put GOD 1st cos HE is overall VO..i wish you all sucessin ur interview.
pls now i have gotten my visa. when can i enter the US. can i go to my uncle's place in new jersey maybe june or july before reporting to school in august..pls i need replys

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2013
@Gboyega - God bless You for helping others here. I have watched you and some other gurus in here and i must say you all have been very wonderful.

Keep it up Bro!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:18pm On May 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Have you confirmed if your I-20 is ready for postage? If yes, ask if they can send it out through overnight postage (USPS), I can help you collect it and bring it with me to Nigeria if that is convenient for you.

@Gboyega, many thanks for your help. May the good lord reward you.

The i-20 package is not ready for shipment, but as soon as I give them a go ahead they will process it within 2-3 days.

When are you coming to Nigeria?

Here is my email - kellysilver2015@yahoo.com.

Can I have yours as well so we could talk better.

I will contact the school to ask them if they can send it though overnight postage USPS.

If they do, will they require any address and name of the person who will pick it up?

Thanks bro, waiting for your ancipated response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2013
De Tus: Congrats folks for keeping the ball rolling. How many Chinese V0s are there at Lagos Consulate precisely? I really don't know if meeting any of them for my interview would be good because I speak their language. What do you think guys?

It means nothing man.You will be interviewed in English and the Chinese man will not speak mandarin with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 1:34pm On May 16, 2013
riverboy: hey all. am new here,i did my interview on the 25th of april. it was my second interview and i must confess i got lots of help from all ur postings.This was how my interview went by 8am.
Me-goodmorning ma
Vo-goodmorning
Me-how ws ur nite?
Me-i want to go to usa to study biology/biological sciences in claflin uni in south carolina
Me- igot to no abt the school through the research i did in the internet n while i ws doing the research i madeuse of some search tools such as peterson school finder n princeton review.
Me-no ma
Me-actually i applied to lincoln uni in penn n claflin uni last year,but as my visa was denied last yr,claflin kept contacting me telling me that they were interested in me
Me-they were interested in me cos they see a leadership quality in me me and more over my SAT n Toefl scores were ok
Me-i told her 110. Then she said the total score was what? i told her 120,then she smiled and said."you did a nice job. me too i smiled and said thank you ma.
Vo- whats ur SAT score.
Vo-is he in the US
Me-no
me-my dad is late.she says sorry and ask if it was why my uncle is sponsoring me. i said yes
Me-she is a seamstress.
Vo-what do they do.
Me-i dnt no,maybe he didnt research whenhe was lookin for admission and more over he is the 1st son so he wants to stay back and keep things in order
Me-2008.
Me-before i graduated from secondary school,we had a little financial prob so as soon as i graduated i got a job in my uncles company were i worked as his personal assistant,although as i was workin i was also attending extramural classes to help me in uni courses
Vo-what are ur plans after graduation.as soon am done with graduation i must come back to Nigeria to do my compulsory 1yr NYSC.......Vo interjects me and said you still have more yrs wont you like to do ur mastersat once.
Me-no ma i must come back to do my NYSC cos its one step before another..although i will still do m master later cos i wish to become a professor aleast when am 35yrs..
Vo-types some thing in her system..she has alwys been typing....passed all my docs to me and said that my visa has been approved that i should have a safe trip.she also gave me a collecting visa paper like that
That was it. pls note that as soon as you enter the embassy ur interview has started cos cameras are watching you.just chillax,smile when necessary,and dnt relax or keep ur bag on the canter while talking to any of the Vos.stand erect and look in to their eyes.a friend that went for the us interview classes in the us embassy in abuja told me all these thing..but remember above all to put GOD 1st cos HE is overall VO..i wish you all sucessin ur interview.
pls now i have gotten my visa. when can i enter the US. can i go to my uncle's place in new jersey maybe june or july before reporting to school in august..pls i need replys

Congratulations riverboy!!!! what i took from your story is ''pls note that as soon as you enter the embassy ur interview has started cos cameras are watching you.just chillax,smile when necessary,and dnt relax or keep ur bag on the canter while talking to any of the Vos.stand erect and look in to their eyes.a friend that went for the us interview classes in the us embassy in abuja told me all these thing..but remember above all to put GOD 1st cos HE is overall VO''
and AMEN to the prayers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 1:37pm On May 16, 2013
just wondering if anybody has had problems scheduling dates. Was thinking we could form a chain...like when you are online and you find out that the dates are highlighted; you beep someone and that person beeps another.......and the chain continues..till we are all booked....God granting our visa's we can form a chain to schedule flights....ok #justteasing

.....so am hoping someone will reply to this...**winks**
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:41pm On May 16, 2013
riverboy: hey all. am new here,i did my interview on the 25th of april. it was my second interview and i must confess i got lots of help from all ur postings.This was how my interview went by 8am.
Me-goodmorning ma
Vo-goodmorning
Me-how ws ur nite?
Me-no ma
Vo- whats ur SAT score.
Vo-is he in the US
Me-no
Me-she is a seamstress.
Vo-what do they do.
Me-2008.

Congratulations...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tuxedo234: 1:49pm On May 16, 2013
Oluwawapelumee: just wondering if anybody has had problems scheduling dates. Was thinking we could form a chain...like when you are online and you find out that the dates are highlighted; you beep someone and that person beeps another.......and the chain continues..till we are all booked....God granting our visa's we can form a chain to schedule flights....ok #justteasing

.....so am hoping someone will reply to this...**winks**
Yes I would like to second this.. For those of us still looking for visa appointment days.. In case someone finds a date pls do let others on here know.. By Gods grace we'll all have success stories.. Amen

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 1:51pm On May 16, 2013
ApachaiHopachai: Hey guys got my F1 visa approved today. The wealth of information here helped a lot. My interview was pretty short.
VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: I am going for my postgraduate study.
VO: Which school?
ME: Tulane University New Orleans(@bodeplot smiley)
VO: Which course?
ME: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.
VO: How long is your program?
ME: 84 months.
VO: where did you do your first degree?
ME: OAU Ife in Nigeria.
VO: Ok did you do a masters there as well?
ME: nope, am going for a straight PhD.
VO: So how you paying?
ME: I have a TA that covers for my Tuition and living expenses.
VO: nods his head, ok you can go pick up your visa a Ikeja on Tuesday...enjoy Tulane.

Na silent smile I just dey smile till I reach house. Thank you to everyone on this thread.

Congrats dude(GREAT IFE),so happy for you...my regards to Moses when you get there!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:59pm On May 16, 2013
Paywole: Schedule a pick up with any courier service here in nigeria and give them the schools address but try and make sure you call their kearnery international office first and inform them about your plans on how you wish to get the I-20 from them..i used TNT then for mnsu and they delivered my I-20..

@Paywole, thank you so much for the help.

How do I go about scheduling a pick up from TNT?

Where is their office located in lagos? Because I live in lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2013
mr swagger:

@Paywole, thank you so much for the help.

How do I go about scheduling a pick up from TNT?

Where is their office located in lagos? Because I live in lagos.

I thought @Gboyega already offered a solution to you on this?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Isobutylene: 2:02pm On May 16, 2013
Me-goodmorning ma
Vo-goodmorning
Me-how ws ur nite?
Me-no ma
Vo- whats ur SAT score.
Vo-is he in the US
Me-no
Me-she is a seamstress.
Vo-what do they do.
Me-2008.

Congrats riverboy, I know you've been through alot,God shall see you through.....you can ONLY enter USA 30 days before the reporting date on your I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:04pm On May 16, 2013
olarwarlay:

See ba, I had the same issues with eshipglobal when I wanted to receive my I-20 from Moorhead. At first it was the address ish and later the credit card too. I was so angry that I sent them a very blunt email that they should cease being the school's courier agent if they won't accept credit cards from Nigeria.

It is very annoying, if I could pay the school's application fee with my credit card without any problem, then why can't I pay for the delivery of my I-20 from the same school with that same card?.

So my brother, the best option You have is to look for a US address for the school to mail your I-20 to and then get it mailed from there with Fedex.

I even searched and searched for a pick-up arrangement during my time, but I did'nt get any but You can search on google too sha. You could get lucky.

Thanks Olarwalay, I appreciate your kind gesture towards helping me succeed. I will check on google to see if I will see a pick up arrangement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2013
mr swagger:

@Gboyega, many thanks for your help. May the good lord reward you.

The i-20 package is not ready for shipment, but as soon as I give them a go ahead they will process it within 2-3 days.

When are you coming to Nigeria?

Here is my email - kellysilver2015@yahoo.com.

Can I have yours as well so we could talk better.

I will contact the school to ask them if they can send it though overnight postage USPS.

If they do, will they require any address and name of the person who will pick it up?

Thanks bro, waiting for your ancipated response.

I am leaving for Nigeria next weekend. Just tell them to process it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2013
olarwarlay: @Gboyega - God bless You for helping others here. I have watched you and some other gurus in here and i must say you all have been very wonderful.

Keep it up Bro!!! smiley

Amen and you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 2:28pm On May 16, 2013
@isobutylene thanks man. Once again thanks yall. i really appreciate. wish every body success in their interviews....in JESUS Name..Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:30pm On May 16, 2013

again this morning and switched to mode straight because another thread mate got his visa. I no dey tire of joyful shayo!

Who next?!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 2:31pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

again this morning and switched to mode because another thread mate got his visa. I no dey tire of joyful shayo!

Who next?!

Am next o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 2:33pm On May 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

What has age got to do with fulfilling one's dream? I bow for you ooooo grin grin grin

I was just kidding him. I never heard of a 7 yr PhD either and he has cleared that up

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.