Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,535 members, 7,888,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491350 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 2:35pm On May 16, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy I knew Imperiouxx would bring shayo to the house again today...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 2:37pm On May 16, 2013
olarwarlay:

I thought @Gboyega already offered a solution to you on this?.

@Olawarlay, it's always good to have a plan B. Just in case my school don't accept sending through overnight postage USPS. Then I will go with the other method. Which is the pick up.

Let me contact my school nw and ask if they do overnight USPS postage. Thanks bro. U r blessed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2013
riverboy: hey all. am new here,i did my interview on the 25th of april. it was my second interview and i must confess i got lots of help from all ur postings.This was how my interview went by 8am.

Una dey make me happy ooo. Just take yours too..... Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On May 16, 2013
olarwarlay: cheesy cheesy cheesy I knew Imperiouxx would bring shayo to the house again today...

Olawarlay, heaven shall open for you on your interview day. Also bigfrancis and many more that I don't know or can't recollect their ids. I'll keep praying for you guys.

We'll celebrate yours too.

in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2013
tuxedo234: Yes I would like to second this.. For those of us still looking for visa appointment days.. In case someone finds a date pls do let others on here know.. By Gods grace we'll all have success stories.. Amen

I also support this,I need a date too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:48pm On May 16, 2013
Oluwawapelumee:

Am next o!

Success is yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 3:01pm On May 16, 2013
riverboy: @isobutylene thanks man. Once again thanks yall. i really appreciate. wish every body success in their interviews....in JESUS Name..Amen
Amen bro and congrats..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Success is yours.

Imperioux,pls check ur mail and reply.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2013
Visa delayed again in less that 2 minutes.

VO: Why are you going to America?
Me: To study Marketing at University of Central Oklahoma
VO: What Degree
Me: Bachelors
VO: How Old are You
Me: 30 ( i have HND: Is an advance diploma so i can't go directly for my master but will b transferring the credit for the new degree
VO: who is your sponsor
Me: My brother
VO: What have you been doing after HND
Me: i went for NYSC then worked as a Logistic Analyst in my late dad's business. i'm responsible for managing the suppliers quality and performance in other to meet both strategic and tactical goals of the company (he was nodding his head oo)
VO: form (214b).

After waiting for more than 5hrs inside. (Though the fine guy is strict and short(wicked be that) while the Chinese guy and one funny old man is giving.
i believe i fell into wrong hand.

Please if anybody has a date for June kindly PM me on kumuyiduro@yahoo.com. i'm giving the last shot.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 3:39pm On May 16, 2013
eduson002:

I also support this,I need a date too.

I NEED DATE TOO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 3:40pm On May 16, 2013
No not yet
olarwarlay:

You got mail(s)....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Olawarlay, heaven shall open for you on your interview day. Also bigfrancis and many more that I don't know or can't recollect their ids. I'll keep praying for you guys.

in advance.
My Oga,u got mail,pls check sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 3:45pm On May 16, 2013
Kunsoft: Visa delayed again in less that 2 minutes.

VO: Why are you going to America?
Me: To study Marketing at University of Central Oklahoma
Me: 30 ( i have HND: Is an advance diploma so i can't go directly for my master but will b transferring the credit for the new degree
VO: who is your sponsor
Me: My brother
VO: What have you been doing after HND
Me: i went for NYSC then worked as a Logistic Analyst in my late dad's business. i'm responsible for managing the suppliers quality and performance in other to meet both strategic and tactical goals of the company (he was nodding his head oo)
VO: form (214b).

After waiting for more than 5hrs inside. (Though the fine guy is strict and short(wicked be that) while the Chinese guy and one funny old man is giving.
i believe i fell into wrong hand.

Please if anybody has a date for June kindly PM me on kumuyiduro@yahoo.com. i'm giving the last shot.
Thanks

Sorry about the delay.Dnt quit,you will get it next time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2013

Why not go for a MS instead of this BS. Your HND should be able to secure you a MS admission.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:53pm On May 16, 2013
eduson002: My Oga,u got mail,pls check sir.

I replied your first email and didn't get anything anymore from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 4:00pm On May 16, 2013
Isobutylene:

Congrats dude(GREAT IFE),so happy for you...my regards to Moses when you get there!
He would hear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 16, 2013
@Kunsoft sorry for the delay. I think the problem is with the Bachelor's degree and your age. May be you should try do GRE or GMAT, then apply for Masters with your Hnd. Even if you don't have a good grade in your Hnd, just make sure you kill the GRE or GMAT, and you will be surprised those schools will offer you admission. Then you can now go for the visa.
I know you might be thinking it's too late... My dear, it's not... BTW, u have an Hnd, why would you want to spend another four years on Bsc which is an equivalent of Hnd? And you don't even have age on your side.
Just summon the courage to re-strategize. Start all over again. You can prepare for the GRE within one month(rigorous preparation) and you are good to go. Don't be in a haste. You can start over now, and in d next three months, you will get your visa, God willing.
Cheer up dear, it's going to be well!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 4:35pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

in advance.

Amen in Jesus name... Thank You so much Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:36pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Why not go for a MS instead of this BS. Your HND should be able to secure you a MS admission.

@ Kunsoft

Exactly!!! University of the District of Columbia MBA program accepts HND from Nigeria. As a matter of fact, a high ranking professor in the department is a Nigerian. Look at the faculty page and shoot him an email asap. All the best.

To all who got their Visas, big congratulations. Welcome to AMERICA!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 16, 2013
kofsy: @Kunsoft sorry for the delay. I think the problem is with the Bachelor's degree and your age. May be you should try do GRE or GMAT, then apply for Masters with your Hnd. Even if you don't have a good grade in your Hnd, just make sure you kill the GRE or GMAT, and you will be surprised those schools will offer you admission. Then you can now go for the visa.
I know you might be thinking it's too late... My dear, it's not... BTW, u have an Hnd, why would you want to spend another four years on Bsc which is an equivalent of Hnd? And you don't even have age on your side.
Just summon the courage to re-strategize. Start all over again. You can prepare for the GRE within one month(rigorous preparation) and you are good to go. Don't be in a haste. You can start over now, and in d next three months, you will get your visa, God willing.
Cheer up dear, it's going to be well!

Don't be in haste and whenever age is against you,go for Phd or Masters.Some 24yrs are going for Phd straight up!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:41pm On May 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

OK no problems.

Thanks bro....seems you will be going so soon. What I plan to send won't get here until mid-June. I may just have to go to Naija myself instead. Do you have an idea of where I could get cheap tickets? Emirates and the rest prices are up there right now......lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 4:41pm On May 16, 2013

Kunsoft sorry about the delay...all our joys would be full.
..edunsoft..guys that need date send me a mail and lets hook up via BB chat or via our phone numbers....let the chain begin...
May this chain result to success stories by God's Grace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 16, 2013
Isobutylene:

Congrats dude(GREAT IFE),so happy for you...my regards to Moses when you get there!

Hello Bros, please shoot me that your school's name.I am compiling full-funding PhD or Masters Universities in America for someone. Bigfranc, do u still remember that fellow that applied to 7 schools or the schools? @imperiouxx, does that your school still in money? Please hit me with it or any other.You can inbox muah at ferdimakodotgmail.com if you can't dish it out openly here and I know you're almost done there. It's actually for my brother,(I told you about him last time) he's looking at Germany right now but am convincing me on looking at the US against Fall 2014. He was put off by the shootings and gay things, but the funding is an allure and if the German way (30 slots in the school he has applied) doesn't work...he'll head to the US. He did Biochemistry, has good scores of TOEFL,GRE and other pluses. Thanks!

I am headed to Down Under Feb 2014! Wish me luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:11pm On May 16, 2013
mr swagger:

@Olawarlay, it's always good to have a plan B. Just in case my school don't accept sending through overnight postage USPS. Then I will go with the other method. Which is the pick up.

Let me contact my school nw and ask if they do overnight USPS postage. Thanks bro. U r blessed.

Let me know once it is ready and if I'm still around, I can help request fedex to pick it and send to me overnight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 16, 2013
virgin ice: VO: Wat is d purpose of ur trip?
Me: to study
VO: Why phD? Why not masters?
Me: I hav deep and abiding passion for research. I love mystery and find it interesting especially in d area of chemical sciences
VO: Why not masters bfor phD?
ME: masters is 2yrs phD 5yrs, my age....(Mumbling; I go don old)
VO: R u married?
ME: NO!!!
VO: #laughing# why dd u av to ansa like dat, is it too early?
ME: #smiling# yes, I av to finish my studies first
VO: who is ur sponsor?
ME: I am on scholarship and I av TA
VO: I see, (nodding) wat's ur course?
ME: chemistry
VO: did u write any test?
Me: Yes I dd, Toefl n GRE
VO: lemme see ur result
ME: gave ha
VO: can u rate ursef? Do u tink ur marks wer very good or average? (Toefl and gre)
ME: For my toefl, I dd very good buh average in gre.
VO: wat was ur scores?
ME: told ha both GRE n TOEFL
VO: Well to me, I tink u dd very good. Wat is ur area of focus?
ME: Renewable Energy
VO: Do u tink dat wud b useful in ur country?
ME: Yes ofcourse, in terms of power supply. Nigeria is lagging therfore, am looking into other sources of power like d biomass, sun, water n so on.
VO: So wat is ur plan after school?
ME: I intend coming to Nigeria to Lecture, here is a letter from the DVC
Unilag....
VO: keep it. Congrats u shud go and pick up ur visa on thurs. (Smiling) wen u get back from the US, we will talk about improving power...
ME: yes we will, tank U so much and av a nice day (smiling)
VO: U too (smiling)

Hello, Pls could u get me the school you got admitted to and granted a visa for? PhD rocks nowadays but visa granting or funding!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 5:46pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Success is yours.
Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

i have searched for schools that can take HND but did not get any. i don't mind if you can get me some.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 6:16pm On May 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

Let me know once it is ready and if I'm still around, I can help request fedex to pick it and send to me overnight.

@Gboyega, thank you so much for this great help you are rendering me.

I will let you know when the i-20 package is ready for shipment.

Please drop your email for easy communication.

@Gboyega, i thought you were actually going to walk to USPS office to pick it up.

since, you will tell fedEx to pick it up you will be charged for it. and how much do you think fedEx would charge you for this service, so that i will be fully prepared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:27pm On May 16, 2013
OjaP:

Thanks bro....seems you will be going so soon. What I plan to send won't get here until mid-June. I may just have to go to Naija myself instead. Do you have an idea of where I could get cheap tickets? Emirates and the rest prices are up there right now......lol.

If it isn't more than a month you plan to spend then I would suggest you check united (continental) airlines and they have direct flights from Houston to Lagos and back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 6:30pm On May 16, 2013
mr swagger:

@Gboyega, thank you so much for this great help you are rendering me.

I will let you know when the i-20 package is ready for shipment.

Please drop your email for easy communication.

@Gboyega, i thought you were actually going to walk to USPS office to pick it up.

since, you will tell fedEx to pick it up you will be charged for it. and how much do you think fedEx would charge you for this service, so that i will be fully prepared.

God's grace is sufficient for it. I don't think it cost so much to get it delivered to me. I just hope they can finish it as soon as possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mystiqme: 6:32pm On May 16, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
He would hear.
I can see some of Moses' OAU classmates are on here...congrats guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:36pm On May 16, 2013
GboyegaD:

If it isn't more than a month you plan to spend then I would suggest you check united (continental) airlines and they have direct flights from Houston to Lagos and back.

A month ke?? No ooo....lol. I don't plan to spend more than 2 weeks at most. I haven't been checking United all the while but I will start now and see if I can get something reasonable. Thanks.

It feels so good to go back home after school - Mission accomplished!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.