Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,538 members, 7,888,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:51 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491356 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 12:40am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21: HOUSE,

I'm trying to book my flight early enough. I made some searches online and I discovered that Emirates airline offers the cheapest flight cost from Lagos to Maryland (Baltimore). I discovered that the cost for a quick travel (any time close from the next few days to the next few weeks) is around $1322 or N210,000 and booking very early (1-2 months before intended travel time) goes for as cheap as $856(135,248)!

Wow, this is exciting.
oga fly to JFK and use greyhound to baltimore joor lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:46am On May 17, 2013
dkgetmuny:
oga fly to JFK and use greyhound to baltimore joor lol

Hahaha. Which one be greyhound abeg? grin

Funny enough, I just checked now the cost from Lagos to JFK, New York and it costs $851, roughly the same amount with the Baltimore flight cost ($856). The trip to Baltimore or JFK both involve a stop over at Dubai first. Then from Dubai to JFK. For direct arrival at Baltimore, there will be another connecting flight from JFK to Baltimore/Washington, thus making it two stopovers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:50am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. WHICH one be greyhound abeg? grin

In charge of buses that travel to different cities in the u.s
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 1:58am On May 17, 2013
I.Joan:

In charge of buses that travel to different cities in the u.s
Okay, I get. Its another great idea but the flight cost for Lagos-JFK and Lagos-Baltimore seems to be the same for emirates.com. Had it been that of Lagos-JFK was way cheaper then I would have considered the JFK+GreyHound route.

Or can I get a cheaper ticket for Lagos-JFK on another airliner?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 1:59am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. Which one be greyhound abeg? grin

Funny enough, I just checked now the cost from Lagos to JFK, New York and it costs $851, roughly the same amount with the Baltimore flight cost ($856). The trip to Baltimore or JFK both involve a stop over at Dubai first. Then from Dubai to JFK. For direct arrival at Baltimore, there will be another connecting flight from JFK to Baltimore/Washington, thus making it two stopovers.

Greyhound is synonymous to Ekene Dili Chukwu or Chisco Transport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 2:03am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Or can I get a cheaper ticket for Lagos-JFK on another airliner?

Have you checked skyscanner? They sometimes have some good deals too. I am not sure if you would get anything less than 750-800 bucks though. Alternatively, check all the airlines that fly into JFK direct from Naija or connecting from other countries. Iberia? Lufthansa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:07am On May 17, 2013
OjaP:

Have you checked skyscanner? They sometimes have some good deals too. I am not sure if you would get anything less than 750-800 bucks though. Alternatively, check all the airlines that fly into JFK direct from Naija or connecting from other countries. Iberia? Lufthansa?
Iberia? Geez! Their prizes are killing! LOS-JFK Economy $3,140 lipsrsealed
I'll quickly check Lufthansa and skyscanner now. Emirates seem to be the cheapest deal i've seen so far.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:11am On May 17, 2013
OjaP:

Greyhound is synonymous to Ekene Dili Chukwu or Chisco Transport.

Hahaha. I love bus rides especially Peace Mass Transit here in Nigeria. Their drivers speed like hell, making you feel you're on a flight. cheesy Before you know what's happening you've arrived at your destination. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 2:19am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. I love bus rides especially Peace Mass Transit here in Nigeria. Their drivers speed like hell, making you feel you're on a flight. cheesy Before you know what's happening you've arrived at your destination. cool

Hahahaha, and if you love bus rides because of the speed, then US bus trips may be boring to you. There is speed limit on all roads, most bus drivers even go way below posted limit most times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:26am On May 17, 2013
OjaP:

Hahahaha, and if you love bus rides because of the speed, then US bus trips may be boring to you. There is speed limit on all roads, most bus drivers even go way below posted limit most times.

That certainly gon' be poisonous for BigFrancis. Nah nah, I ain't entering no Greyhounds. Daem!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:29am On May 17, 2013
BigFrancis, what are you still doing awake around this time? grin grin pls don't ask me the same cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 2:37am On May 17, 2013
kofsy: BigFrancis, what are you still doing awake around this time? grin grin pls don't ask me the same cheesy

Searching for flights!lipsrsealed

Hahaha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:22am On May 17, 2013
OjaP:

Greyhound express is nice though cos of the wi fi service. It makes the journey very pleasant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:49am On May 17, 2013
OjaP:

This is what surprised me most when I first got here. Cars don't speed more than 70-75MPH on highways equivalent to 100-120KPH. And in movies, cars speed on US road like they run away from hell. American movies can deceive too much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by wabiwabi91: 6:37am On May 17, 2013
Hello everyone.

I've read what has been posted on this thread from page 1 in preparation for my own visa interview. I would like to thank all those who have contributed to this thread- its awfully nice of you to help others like this.

I've been admitted to Purdue University to study Industrial Engineering (Bachelors) this fall and I have filled my DS-160 form and scheduled a visa interview. I live in Lagos, but unfortunately there were no dates available- I was astonished by this fact. I went ahead to book an appointment in Abuja for the 13th of June, but going all the way will be rather expensive. I plan on canceling the Abuja appointment and rescheduling an appointment in Lagos if dates become available.

A few pages back someone suggested that a sort of Lagos Visa Appointment Date Notification Service be started on the thread. I'd like to voice my support for this idea. If anyone notices that dates become available in Lagos, please email me on aabiola"at"purdue"dot"edu.

Thanks a bunch. Good luck to all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by JayJsea: 6:49am On May 17, 2013
@ all those looking for appointment dates in Lagos, I just logged in now and I was able to schedule mine for June. I saw like 4 available days in June. Please hurry up and schedule yours now

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:42am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:
I think OjaP just suggested one school to you - University of the District of Columbia. Have you checked it out?

yes bro. but i need more than one. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 7:47am On May 17, 2013
wabi_wabi_91: Hello everyone.

I've read what has been posted on this thread from page 1 in preparation for my own visa interview. I would like to thank all those who have contributed to this thread- its awfully nice of you to help others like this.

I've been admitted to Purdue University to study Industrial Engineering (Bachelors) this fall and I have filled my DS-160 form and scheduled a visa interview. I live in Lagos, but unfortunately there were no dates available- I was astonished by this fact. I went ahead to book an appointment in Abuja for the 13th of June, but going all the way will be rather expensive. I plan on canceling the Abuja appointment and rescheduling an appointment in Lagos if dates become available.

A few pages back someone suggested that a sort of Lagos Visa Appointment Date Notification Service be started on the thread. I'd like to voice my support for this idea. If anyone notices that dates become available in Lagos, please email me on aabiola"at"purdue"dot"edu.

Hello wabi please i dont mind picking your abuja date if is possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 7:54am On May 17, 2013

pick the Abuja date my guy...I don't think there are undergraduate visas in Lagos anymore...upright denial...but you can try your luck sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:17am On May 17, 2013
There is a date for June at Lagos right NOW. i just pick for 17th 7:30am. 10:30am is still free.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 8:27am On May 17, 2013
Guys can we talk about getting flights here?
I am also looking for reasonable flights, or do we do that on another thread...let me know.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2013
Good Morning house,
Big francis, Imperioux baba, Ojap and other gurus in the house pls your attention is needed here.

Please I will like †̥o know if I can register TOEFL myself online. The school am planning †̥o enrol has mandated TOEFL for all International Student.
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:20am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

You mean Chidubem Ezeozue? The schools he applied to are all top-notch schools with stiff competition and low acceptance rates. If the person in question is worth his onions then he can take the chance of applying.

In addition to these schools known to me which all provide full funding; University of Maryland, University of Tennessee, University of Alabama, and
University of Connecticut, these ones also offer full funding - they are Chidubem's universities:
MIT, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard, Caltech, UPenn,
Penn State, Johns Hopkins, University of Illinois
Urbana Champaign, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison and
Columbia

I don't know his real name but his handle here is coined from organic nomenclature...like butlyene.Check that time I asked you, did you see that...7 schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2013
marshaldollz: pick the Abuja date my guy...I don't think there are undergraduate visas in Lagos anymore...upright denial...but you can try your luck sha

What do you mean there are no undergraduate visas in Lagos anymore?... I don't understand! undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 10:13am On May 17, 2013

Hello Wabi......there were dates early this morning in lagos for 17th June - 20th June....you can check again...All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:20am On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Kai, Allah sauki... I have seen too many accidents where Peace Mass Transit buses were involved on my numerous journey to Jos. I remember a particular one on the Lokoja bridge that made me cry for close to 30 mins because the bus had to be axed to remove the occupants(all dead). It was a gory sight.

I'm sure @bigfrancis likes NFS sha, but ni, ba na so wallahi. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2013
@Dnpasion, have you sent the mail?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 10:44am On May 17, 2013
olarwarlay:

What do you mean there are no undergraduate visas in Lagos anymore?... I don't understand! undecided
they don't give undergraduates that much and I think there's a specific amount of visas they give to each...only masters and Phd...Abuja has a higher no of undergraduate visas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dnpasion(m): 10:52am On May 17, 2013
Seen thanks
olarwarlay: @Dnpasion, have you sent the mail?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:58am On May 17, 2013
marshaldollz: they don't give undergraduates that much and I think there's a specific amount of visas they give to each...only masters and Phd...Abuja has a higher no of undergraduate visas

Do you have any proof for this assertion?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 11:00am On May 17, 2013
Good Morning house,
Big francis, Imperioux baba, Ojap and other gurus in the house pls your attention is needed here.

Please I will like †̥o know if I can register TOEFL myself online. The school am planning †̥o enrol has mandated TOEFL for all International Student.
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:08am On May 17, 2013
dnpasion: Seen thanks

Have you SENT the mail?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.