Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,539 members, 7,888,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491358 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2013
For those looking for tickets, you could also use www.bt-store.com

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2013
Big frank,I just added u on bbm,let's relate abeg...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

See guys going home for just few weeks and months. Well, It's well. I'm paying visit too soon.

Yay!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On May 17, 2013
kpolli:

Yay!!!!

Sup Kpolli. Hope your CGPA is hitting the sky? Where is your area in LA. Moving closer for the meantime soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

Sup Kpolli. Hope your CGPA is hitting the sky? Where is your area in LA. Moving closer for the meantime soon.

We thank God.... Baton Rouge... This your tour ehn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2013
kpolli:

Got mission in MS these days but do fly there. I'll check how close is that to North Jackson and Madison.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mascotizer: 6:12pm On May 17, 2013
I salute you all.
I urgently need to know how feasible it is to get a VISA for attending a Conference in the USA from Nigeria.

I found a conference that suits my career path and that is definitely going to make a huge impact on my CV (If attended). But my fear is that, haven read some comments I noticed it is ONLY Masters and PHD visas that are most likely given to we Nigerians.

Although I am at the verge of registering for the conference but I need to know the likelihood of me getting a VISA cos it will be so devastating if after paying the conference fee and Hotel booking I am denied VISA (Cos the fee is non refundable)....that is why I am putting this to all the Travel Gurus and Experts here on this thread to pls kindly enlighten me...I would'nt mine to refrain from applying if getting a Visa is not certain and precarious.

Anyone who have ever gotten a Visa through conference OR knows someone that knows someone that has gotten a VISA to USA through Conference should also pls share his/her story.

Thanks y'all (Anticipating Replies)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:32pm On May 17, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
Am heading to Atlanta first sometimes in mid July. My family is used to flying Delta to ATL but the prize on wakanow is quite high.About #339526 the last time i checked. I don't mind going to JFK first then connecting to ATL, but the emirates to JFK is not direct. One would be flying for over 20 hours combined. Saw the emirates for about #211838(on wakanow).
I also saw Arik to JFK(direct, one way) for #175k, but am skeptical about their services cos of some online reviews.
Edit: The Emirates I checked was return...just checked one way and its way cheaper. #132590(on wakanow).
Other flights I have been checking the round trip is always cheaper.

Emirates is the cheapest deal i've seen so far. Their one way is cheap. Being an airliner owned by UAE, once they after airlifting from Lagos, they first stop over at Dubai for a few hours, before then connecting to another flight to the US from there. Another thing I noticed is that the flight costs listed on wakanow seems to be a bit higher than the cost you see on the airline website directly. They are flight agents anyway, so they must charge their own commission for services rendered if you decide to book through them.

ATL GA, just like JFK, is another frequent stopover in the US for many airliners. I believe you should be able to get a direct flight to ATL, instead of getting to JFK first before ATL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 6:44pm On May 17, 2013
I will advice that u check the section dedicated to USA visit visa, u will get better response there............www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa

Mascotizer: I salute you all.
I urgently need to know how feasible it is to get a VISA for attending a Conference in the USA from Nigeria.

I found a conference that suits my career path and that is definitely going to make a huge impact on my CV (If attended). But my fear is that, haven read some comments I noticed it is ONLY Masters and PHD visas that are most likely given to we Nigerians.

Although I am at the verge of registering for the conference but I need to know the likelihood of me getting a VISA cos it will be so devastating if after paying the conference fee and Hotel booking I am denied VISA (Cos the fee is non refundable)....that is why I am putting this to all the Travel Gurus and Experts here on this thread to pls kindly enlighten me...I would'nt mine to refrain from applying if getting a Visa is not certain and precarious.

Anyone who have ever gotten a Visa through conference OR knows someone that knows someone that has gotten a VISA to USA through Conference should also pls share his/her story.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:57pm On May 17, 2013
kpolli:

They are two separate ways sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lolabunny90: 7:31pm On May 17, 2013
marshaldollz: they don't give undergraduates that much and I think there's a specific amount of visas they give to each...only masters and Phd...Abuja has a higher no of undergraduate visas

That's not true. If you read US Immigration Law, there is no quota on most non-immigrant visas, including F1. That's because they expect you to depart from the country after the expiration of your authorized stay, not count yourself a part of the population, so to speak. So they're not counting only so many undergrad, masters, PhD to be issued.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduno: 8:03pm On May 17, 2013
If you don't buy the ticket you can't win the lottery. Just give itt a go. But apply 4 d visa b4 u book ur hotel

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayobj: 8:11pm On May 17, 2013

lets know about your educational background,present job and income and your travel history.

can we also know you age and social ties-married or not.businesses/landed property.
this will go a long way.

i travelled to the US for the first time for a conference too.
it was boldly written on the visa.
defend yourself well and you are on your way to the USA.
you want to use it to build a CV,so its worth the while.
all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 8:46pm On May 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

They are two separate ways sha.

Eeya... The town is even boring rite now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:10pm On May 17, 2013
@olarwarlay hahahaha lwkmd grin grin grin abg no make laugh joor why u dey fear now, it seems u ve book ur apptmnt at lagos? visa for undergraduate full there brekete i can assure u dat d visa is urs already IJN go get it brov

I NO DEY SEE UR MAILS WETIN HAPPEN NW ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hotstick: 9:34pm On May 17, 2013
Please house, does anybody have an idea how long the Toefl IBT paper Score report takes to arrive Nigeria. I took mine February and the Paper Score report was sent on March 28th according to them. This is the 9th week and am yet to recieve it. Is this normal ? Please someone advice. Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by valentino81(m): 10:05pm On May 17, 2013
nlders, kindly assist with TOEFL & GRE materials. Forward to- valentino4ualone@gmail.com... thnks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2013
smithjanetstore: @olarwarlay hahahaha lwkmd grin grin grin abg no make laugh joor why u dey fear now, it seems u ve book ur apptmnt at lagos? visa for undergraduate full there brekete i can assure u dat d visa is urs already IJN go get it brov

I NO DEY SEE UR MAILS WETIN HAPPEN NW ?

O boy, i fear accident oo 'coz i don see too many for my life. Na God just keep me safe till today, me sef for don kpeme tey tey.

I neva book my appointment ooo, i no wan rush. Amen to your prayer.

I no dey see you for ymessenger.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by abbey121: 10:54pm On May 17, 2013
Hello to all the good people on here . i just wanna ask if it is possible for someone else to use my visa fee receipt number to book an interview . i paid for my visa fee in January but now i am trying to book a date and it tells me invalid . pls someone give me some good info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 11:06pm On May 17, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Emirates is the cheapest deal i've seen so far. Their one way is cheap. Being an airliner owned by UAE, once they after airlifting from Lagos, they first stop over at Dubai for a few hours, before then connecting to another flight to the US from there. Another thing I noticed is that the flight costs listed on wakanow seems to be a bit higher than the cost you see on the airline website directly. They are flight agents anyway, so they must charge their own commission for services rendered if you decide to book through them.

ATL GA, just like JFK, is another frequent stopover in the US for many airliners. I believe you should be able to get a direct flight to ATL, instead of getting to JFK first before ATL.
Yep Emirates is quite cheap...but my fear is the long hour...would check it out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2013
abbey121: Hello to all the good people on here . i just wanna ask if it is possible for someone else to use my visa fee receipt number to book an interview . i paid for my visa fee in January but now i am trying to book a date and it tells me invalid . pls someone give me some good info

shocked shocked shocked shocked Someone else?.

I think the first question you should ask yourself is 'whose or what information did you provide at the bank when paying for the visa application'.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by abbey121: 11:24pm On May 17, 2013
olarwarlay:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Someone else?.

I think the first question you should ask yourself is 'whose or what information did you provide at the bank when paying for the visa application'.
paying for the visa fee you provide your details as stated on your passport . what I'm simply asking is if someone else could have used my receipt number to boo their own interview . is that a possibility that is the question i am asking those who have an in depth knowledge about this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:32pm On May 17, 2013
abbey121: paying for the visa fee you provide your details as stated on your passport . what I'm simply asking is if someone else could have used my receipt number to boo their own interview . is that a possibility that is the question i am asking those who have an in depth knowledge about this

It's not possible since passport information are not the same.

You might have to contact the bank where you paid the application fee, i remember seeing a situation like this on the thread not sure if it's part 2 or part 3. I think the guy had to contact the bank.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by abbey121: 11:35pm On May 17, 2013
abbey121: paying for the visa fee you provide your details as stated on your passport . what I'm simply asking is if someone else could have used my receipt number to boo their own interview . is that a possibility that is the question i am asking those who have an in depth knowledge about this

Thanks that's a sensible answer that calms my nerves a lil bit , cos i don't have money to pay for that all over again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 11:37pm On May 17, 2013
imperiouxx:

No lab work ni oga Abi what is it with your continuous traveling?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 11:39pm On May 17, 2013
abbey121:

Thanks that's a sensible answer that calms my nerves a lil bit , cos i don't have money to pay for that all over again

Don't worry, every known problem has a ready made solution. Contact the bank and explain your plight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27am On May 18, 2013
GboyegaD:

No lab work ni oga Abi what is it with your continuous traveling?

I'm on 3 weeks break and planning my relocating against Dec. We got to plan ahead of time wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 3:35am On May 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Emirate must fly to dubai for all its flight cos dat its hib, etihad must fly to abhu-dabi, delta to atlanta,before goin any wia...one way for those asian/middle eastern flight(emirates,etihad,turkish,RAM etc) are kinda cheaper..but those yankee and european av higher one way tickets...so prolly u do dem emirates and co...me i dont care if i fly for 24hrs, my own na to reach 'amelica'..my friend flew emirates last week and attested to dia excellent services...the earlier u book d better..bigfrancis if u are looking for speed, the greyhound na snail but m sure u will enjoy sometin else apart from d speed...na for yankee i c women dey drive big buses lol...anyway just weigh ur options
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:45am On May 18, 2013
dkgetmuny:

Emirate must fly to dubai for all its flight cos dat its hib, etihad must fly to abhu-dabi, delta to atlanta,before goin any wia...one way for those asian/middle eastern flight(emirates,etihad,turkish,RAM etc) are kinda cheaper..but those yankee and european av higher one way tickets...so prolly u do dem emirates and co...me i dont care if i fly for 24hrs, my own na to reach 'amelica'..my friend flew emirates last week and attested to dia excellent services...the earlier u book d better..bigfrancis if u are looking for speed, the greyhound na snail but m sure u will enjoy sometin else apart from d speed...na for yankee i c women dey drive big buses lol...anyway just weigh ur options

The fastest I've seen is United 16hrs non stop to Nigeria. Most flight is around 22 to 23hrs with one or two stop over(s). Non-stop flight is not enjoyable. They stop at their base airport to switch aircraft and combine new passengers going the same destination.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Snazzygirl: 4:03am On May 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

The fastest I've seen is United 16hrs non stop to Nigeria. Most flight is around 22 to 23hrs with one or two stop over(s). Non-stop flight is not enjoyable. They stop at their base airport to switch aircraft and combine new passengers going the same destination.

Who says Non-stop flight isn't enjoyable! It is, if you book with an airline with good in-flight entertainment system. Most of the stop-over flights have at least one leg of the journey the same hours as the Non-stop flights. The advantage of Stop-over flights is the good price.
To those searching for affordable tickets, u should check Qatar Airways. Great price, Great service, but d journey na die. #Israelite journey. I enjoyed it though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:26am On May 18, 2013
Royal Air Maroc is good too because the stop over is less than 2hours. You leave naija in the morning and you touch ground at jfk same day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:26am On May 18, 2013
Snazzygirl:

Who says Non-stop flight isn't enjoyable! It is, if you book with an airline with good in-flight entertainment system. Most of the stop-over flights have at least one leg of the journey the same hours as the Non-stop flights. The advantage of Stop-over flights is the good price.
To those searching for affordable tickets, u should check Qatar Airways. Great price, Great service, but d journey na die. #Israelite journey. I enjoyed it though.

You've forgot that banking, landing and take off are some of those things that make stop over interesting. It also reduces stiffen legs and hard buttocks due to less blood circulation. Also, no need to worry who's looking at you going to the restroom at interval because you're the type that eat anything that passes your sight. Well, I expect any international flight to have cool in-flight entertainment system.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.