Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,537 members, 7,888,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (491353 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 9:55am On May 19, 2013
webstradamus:

Why don't you pay with a card? You will save a lot on wire transfer charges.

I don't have any international card only this nigeria card I have beside my parent are funny once I mean paying or getting the money from them in june,I'm scared I will have to wait till january before I can leave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 11:50am On May 19, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
Hey bro how did you do the seat selection thing. Once I pick up my visa on Tuesday I intend booking and paying the next day. Am interested in a window seat.
PS:GCFR?
. My agent handled all dat...yes GCFR, who art thou lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ApachaiHopachai: 12:16pm On May 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: . My agent handled all dat...yes GCFR, who art thou lol
Thought as much...dude make I PM you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 12:43pm On May 19, 2013
ApachaiHopachai:
Thought as much...dude make I PM you.
guy check ur gmail, i don reply u....hahaha u dis foolish boi, so u sef dey here lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:04pm On May 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: . My agent handled all dat...yes GCFR, who art thou lol

I used no agent for anything and I booked by myself on the airline website (KLM) despite the fact that I only had 2 weeks to get myself to class.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:05pm On May 19, 2013
olarwarlay: @imperiouxx - you got mail bro...

Checking....

Reply shipped! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shoggie(m): 4:43pm On May 19, 2013
dkgetmuny: One thing abt wakanow is when u call to book dey say d seat aiint availble...I booked through my agent...I paid to dia account and I got my ticket immediatly via email, then logged on my ref. Number on emirate website to confirm my booking...I booked for july 21st..

Cheeiii, I intend to book July 21st too for emirates. Could you help me out on that by linking me with your agent please?

@ imperiouxx, bigfrancis, Yvete, mamacita, ronaldg21, nairaspace, Ojap, GboyegaD.............................and some other notable contributors on this tread I really want to express my profound gratitude to you all for your enthusiastic response in those "Critical moment" of the past.
Honestly I booked you all wishes of good life.

@ imperiouxx, my strength is begining to wane down on this "azonto dance" have been dancing since end of January. So now am ready for those errend you intend to send me. Or have you forgotten?

@ For those who are yet to go for their Visa interview, I wish you successful interview....and I can assure you all that visa is yours already. "ilu nla" is awaiting you all! Remember to pray earnestly and fast even if it is just one day, it really works without an iota of doubt. Who knows but it works wella for many people including me, on this tread!!!

@dkgetmuny, I checked your profile now only to discover that you are also from Great Ife(OAU). I would not mind if you can send me PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:07pm On May 19, 2013
shoggie:

@ imperiouxx, my strength is begining to wane down on this "azonto dance" have been dancing since end of January. So now am ready for those errend you intend to send me. Or have you forgotten?

Oh my! I asked anthonymighty instead but haven't heard from him in the recent time. I guess that spring semester hammered him wella......loooool.

Safe trip bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 6:37pm On May 19, 2013
imperiouxx:

I used no agent for anything and I booked by myself on the airline website (KLM) despite the fact that I only had 2 weeks to myself to class.
lucky u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 6:38pm On May 19, 2013
shoggie:

Cheeiii, I intend to book July 21st too for emirates. Could you help me out on that by linking me with your agent please?

@ imperiouxx, bigfrancis, Yvete, mamacita, ronaldg21, nairaspace, Ojap, GboyegaD.............................and some other notable contributors on this tread I really want to express my profound gratitude to you all for your enthusiastic response in those "Critical moment" of the past.

@ For those who are yet to go for their Visa interview, I wish you successful interview....and I can assure you all that visa is yours already. "ilu nla" is awaiting you all! Remember to pray earnestly and fast even if it is just one day, it really works without an iota of doubt. Who knows but it works wella for many people including me, on this tread!!!

@dkgetmuny, I checked your profile now only to discover that you are also from Great Ife(OAU). I would not mind if you can send me PM.
i av sent u one bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Ishowdels(m): 6:49pm On May 19, 2013
shoggie:

Shoggie,my immediate bro,thanks for ur help d other day.Great Ife greets u too.We will be there shortly too.Congrats one again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ayobj: 6:59pm On May 19, 2013
Mascotizer: @ayobj Thanks for the reply

I have never been to the US before, I am a Fresh graduate, I am single....although I have a sponsor who is ready to finance me.

Hw long was the conference you went for then. Cos mine is just for 6 days and I hope it's not too short. Could you pls give the details of hw you interview was.
+what are the likely questions that i'll be asked.

RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE!!!
what did you study?are you gainfully employed.
being a fresh graduate is not good enough.
then you having no funds kills it all.
what is the relationship of the sponsor to you

my conference is related to my specilty.
it was only 6 days too in chicago.
i had 3 children then and had worked for 12 years.
circumstances differ surely.

ALL THESE POSERS WILL BE ASKED BY THE VOS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by shoggie(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2013
Ishowdels:
Shoggie,my immediate bro,thanks for ur help d other day.Great Ife greets u too.We will be there shortly too.Congrats one again...

Oh my Bro, you are welcome!!! Sucess is awaiting you all!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 4:20pm On May 20, 2013
Hello guys!!...pls can we discuss on interviewing skills,like...how one should stand,the volume of speech,should one rest on the counter while answering,should one also use body language like hand expressions etc ?? ...thanks everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2013
@All,is it possible to edit/change info on submitted DS160 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:35pm On May 20, 2013
marshaldollz: Hello guys!!...pls can we discuss on interviewing skills,like...how one should stand,the volume of speech,should one rest on the counter while answering,should one also use body language like hand expressions etc ?? ...thanks everyone

All acceptable! Except when you talk like you're talking through the wire (Kanye West..... grin).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 5:41pm On May 20, 2013
eduson002: @All,is it possible to edit/change info on submitted DS160 form?

After submission, you can't edit it but you would be prompted to use your previous info to fill a new one as you'd like, unless you like to fill afresh. You can fill a DS160 form as much as possible at any time. The one you submitted 24 hrs to your interview is the only one that would be used on the interview day. In fact, if you still have any mistake on the new one, on the day of interview, you can be asked to go out to fill another one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:51pm On May 20, 2013
marshaldollz: Hello guys!!...pls can we discuss on interviewing skills,like...how one should stand,the volume of speech,should one rest on the counter while answering,should one also use body language like hand expressions etc ?? ...thanks everyone

I think these might be helpful:
1) Stand erect during the interview. Don't slouch or bend to one side.
2) Speak confidently, but no over confidently like the visa is your right.
3) Don't rest on the counter! Don't place bags/hand bags whatsoever on the counter during the interview.
4) Give short but precise, straight-to-the-point answers. No beating about the bush.
5) Smile gently when necessary.
6) Use body expressions to your advantage but don't overdo it.

Anybody who has more can add to the list.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:57pm On May 20, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 6:02pm On May 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

3) Don't rest on the counter! Don't place bags/hand bags etc of the counter during the interview.
4) Give short but precise, straight-to-the-point answers. No beating about the bush.

correct! Thanks bro,all noted!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 6:02pm On May 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

After submission, you can't edit it but you would be prompted to use your previous info to fill a new one as you'd like, unless you like to fill afresh. You can fill a DS160 form as much as possible at any time. The one you submitted 24 hrs to your interview is the only one that would be used on the interview day. In fact, if you still have any mistake on the new one, on the day of interview, you can be asked to go out to fill another one.
THANKS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:06pm On May 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

3) Don't rest on the counter! Don't place bags/hand bags etc of the counter during the interview.

One's lucky day summarizes all. Just pray your effort is justified by coming back with your visa. In my first interview, I did like I've read and prepared but got nothing. The second time I wasn't as confident as the first and had a long conversation with the VO and got the visa. Individual luck in most case is the order of the day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by marshaldollz: 6:06pm On May 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

All acceptable! Except when you talk like you're talking through the wire (Kanye West..... grin).
lol! You no go kill person cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 6:07pm On May 20, 2013
ATTN: LONG POST DON'T QUOTE

The first time I ever posted on NL was when I was denied a UK visiting visa it hurt cos it was my 1st visa denial . I found refuge in NL pple who had experienced the same but because I'm naturally shy I did not post much doh vicjustice and justwise helped a lot for the few ques I posted. Anyway I was denied again according to them I wanted to spend too much money on the trip anyway I just 4got about it and told myself I won't apply again in a long time 2 refusal stamps is enuf. I went to dubai and I had a lot of fun.

Then an opportunity came for me to do my masters in the US I was skeptical I was thinking about the visa whahala then I found this thread and was encouraged. I did all the necessary and got a half GA and tuition scholarship cheesy I was happy. I read this thread from part 1 -4 it took me a long time cos I use my phone cos of work.

Anyway my interview was today and I was denied. This is how it happend:

I got there around 7:30 for my 8:30 appointment, the process was fast n ok I preferred it to the hustling done @ UK VFS office. I was in fasting n today was my 3rd day. My heart was beating and I was a bit apprehensive. When it was time for biometrics it was a white slim woman ( I was wondering if it was the dreaded one everyone use to talk about and I was happy she was doin bm) but she gave me a wide smile and greeted me happily I liked her.
I sat down and waited for them to call me num. 3 vos were interviewing the one @ counter 1 a fat american that wore glasses was given and I prayed to go to him. The one @ counter 7 a slim white man with glasses wasn't giving counter 3 a chinese man wasn't giving my num was 107 the fat american was spending long and I wish he wud hurry up so I cud go to him but it wasn't to be. I started telling myself that anyone I go to will be a blessing to me. All of a sudden the white woman I did biometrics with started interviewing! I was surprised and her number started @ 7i had a feeling I was going to her, and I wasn't scared since we had an initianl cool encounter. My num flashed on her screen and I went forward.
Me: good morning
Vo: hello, welcome back!
Me : yeh, thank you
Vo: so why do u want to go to the us?
Me: for my grad studies
Vo: u got admitted to ui?
Me: yes
Vo: wat course?
Me: ps
Vo: wat is the meaning of Ps
Me: told her
Vo: how did u know about it
Me: when I was researching schools I saw it online
Vo: why did u pick ui
Me: it is one of the best schools in the us, it offers improved educational services for students the campus ist to large which I like.
Vo: did u take any test?
Me: yes torfl Gre was a requirement
Vo: what do u want to do with ur course
Me: I was waiting 4 this ques had the perfect anws and I was very confident that she'll give me @ this point.
Vo: who's ur sponser?
Me: I got a half GA and tuition scholarship my uncle will pay for the rest
Vo: wat does he do?
Me: works for the minsitry of housing
Vo: do u have any financial docs to show?
Me: at this pont I was afraid, this was the only doc I didn't want them to ask for ( my i-20 states family funds, when I went to meet my unce a few days ro my appointment the statements he gave had 1m in ti I was surprised he said he had used the money, I was disapointed it was too late to change it I asked him for another one and he gave me another one that had 1m bal too, I resigned to my fate) this is wat I presented 2 statements with 1m bal each my 1-20 stated I needed 11,000 dollars.
Vo: looked @ every page of the statement for a while. Then she said do u know if ur uncle has another account?
Me: yes he does
Vo: ok I cnat give u right now( she looked like she didn't havea choice)
Me: can I ask why? ( Like I didn't already know)

Vo: all I can tell you is on this form, gave me a white paper, but u can reapply
Me: thank u and left

The issue now is thsi re applying is tricky for me, my uncle said he can't put more money into the accounts because he doesn't have for now. My sch resumes aug so I feel I still have time. But I don't have a realtive who has so much like that in thier acct.
I'm also thinking if I change my sponsor wouldn't I be heading for another denial? Also seeing that even if I get another sponspr it wudnt be a relative and how much shud the person have in their acct?

I'm goona take some time to think about it.

I wrote this long epistle as my little way of given back to everone ob this thread who has posted their experince, given advice, lent an helping hand etc. Silent, quiet readers like me have learnt a lot

I hope someone learns from my experince too

Thanks everyone God bless

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:14pm On May 20, 2013
@teejay_GO01,

Don't be deterred. What is PS if I may ask? As you know, your source of funding isn't strong. Patch that part first while you defer your admission if necessary. Your GA won't be taken away when you let the school know on time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 6:49pm On May 20, 2013
Teejay

Sorry to hear about your denial. Clearly, you were denied because of insufficient funds.

I may have to say this but don't take it serious...are you a learner ?. PM me please, I will like us to talk if you don't mind.

Keep calm, you will get it the second time. Don't stress it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by klplus: 7:21pm On May 20, 2013
@teejay_GO01,
Your piece is very emotional but not to worry, it is very clear that it was the financial aspect that was the issue. Don't worry, just keep looking the laws of attraction will help get a quality bank statement required. Law of attraction from matt 7:7b seek and yea shall find. Good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:56pm On May 20, 2013
OjaP: Teejay

Sorry to hear about your denial. Clearly, you were denied because of insufficient funds.

I may have to say this but don't take it serious...are you a learner ?. PM me please, I will like us to talk if you don't mind.

Keep calm, you will get it the second time. Don't stress it.

Teejay, I guess you should contact OjaP as he said for him to put you through. Better luck next time bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by hope4me2012: 8:10pm On May 20, 2013
Teejay, take heart bro.
You did well in other aspects of the interview.
Schedule another interview after sorting out the financial issue and you will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 8:26pm On May 20, 2013
bigfrancis21:

3) Don't rest on the counter! Don't place bags/hand bags whatsoever on the counter during the interview.

What kill most of the time in an interview is the ability of you not hearing the questions clearly. talking from experience you need to listen attentively infact most people fail the interview not because they dont know what to say but they did not hear the interviewer clearly and start answering out of Poin (OP). i was privileged to spend hours inside i saw alot of people been denial because:
1. Either they are scare of the oyinbo or they want to speak like one.
2. The confidence is not there, so anything the VO say they agree with it. (even if they guy says: they are stupid they reply YES sir) grin.
3. Favour factor. The Lord should order our step to the right guy.

i believe there more for others to say. and evaluate what i have said.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 9:00pm On May 20, 2013
imperiouxx: @teejay_GO01,

Don't be deterred. What is PS if I may ask? As you know, your source of funding isn't strong. Patch that part first while you defer your admission if necessary. Your GA won't be taken away when you let the school know on time.

Ur such a good person. Good things will always come ur way,
Yeh I'm seriously thinking about defering or even looking for another school that will give me full funding instead of half.
My pple r saying I shud re-apply but I dunno about that yet

Sorry oh! Pls abeg ignore all my typos, they plenty oh, I'm using my fone that's y

Pa not ps Pa means public admin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 9:01pm On May 20, 2013
Sorry tee jay i can help you out email me on smithjanetstores@gmail.com or janet_love85@yahoo.com i have an idea

Something about this visa stuff is not a must for you to be truthfull in all aspect email ill explain to you better right

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / Italian Student Visa-help! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.