Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,205 members, 7,960,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 09:16 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65927 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

My friend face it,bible alone is no scriptural teaching but rather protestant tradition.The apostles did not leave behind any bible for us.The collection of scriptures today called the bible was created by the catholic church.

i thought you said this present bible is different from that of the catholics?
What's your faith and growth in christ placed on?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 9:57am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

meaning what you wrote are beer parlor rumors and has no scriptural backbone/reference?
i taya o..and u said d bible originated 4m d catholic.whch means u pipu wrote and compiled false teaching
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 23, 2013
gree-die:

do u ve a personal relationship with God? no u don't!!! cz u are too busy trying to disprove catholicism to even notice ur God. pity, really.

one advice for u, know ur history, do ur research!! don't always believe wat ur pastors were told in der 3 months pastoral training.
I don't hate the catholic church my dear...you getting wired up..i really do love catholic which is the universal truth..what i do hate is the worship of man made statues and graven images of dead people. “You shall not make for yourself any carved image, nor the likeness of anything which is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them nor worship them.” This command is disregarded by you guys.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Yes you do and you have already called it the word of God.Jesus is the only word of God and not the bible.Do not share Jesus's glory with sth else.The bible is only a scriptural guide and not the word of God
and most of u use it?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2013
Odunharry:
i laff

yeah laughing @ your ignorance
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: I don't hate the catholic church my dear...you getting wired up..i really do love catholic which is the universal truth..what i do hate is the worship of man made statues and graven images of dead people. “You shall not make for yourself any carved image, nor the likeness of anything which is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them nor worship them.” This command is disregarded by you guys.

I do not hate protestantism but u must desist from your hypocrisy and bible worship.your pastopreneurs must also desist from fleecing their flocks.All that matters is not a private jet but rather the status of your souls
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

i thought you said this present bible is different from that of the catholics?
What's your faith and growth in christ placed on?

My faith and growth in christ is placed on Jesus who is the authour and finisher of my faith.There is nothing like this 'present bible'.You should rather say the protestant hybrid bible because it combines the jewish canon with the catholic NT
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

I do not hate protestantism but u must desist from your hypocrisy and bible worship.your pastopreneurs must also desist from fleecing their flocks.All that matters is not a private jet but rather the status of your souls
Why not address the quotation about graven images?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:
me gan taya..na derailing tactics jo
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2013
~vicky~:

yeah laughing @ your ignorance
dnt get me wrng mayb u shud go thru my post on this thread
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:

Why do you ignore my comments on your private jet pastors and your bible worship? Anyway to answer your kweshions.The bible do not condemn graven images but rather idols.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Why do you ignore my comments on your private jet pastors and your bible worship? Anyway to answer your kweshions.The bible do not condemn graven images but rather idols.
exodus 20:4
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

...The bible do not condemn graven images but rather idols.
you have got to be kidding me! I couldn't help but comment on this.

Exodus 20:4-5. Read that!

P.S just to let you guys know, the RCC removed the second of the ten commandments and split the tenth into two to make it up. Deceivers!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 23, 2013
Odunharry:
exodus 20:4

My friend that verse talks about idols and not images please.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 11:18am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

shocked shocked
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 23, 2013
Exodus 20:3-5
"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me...."

Deuteronomy 5:7-9
"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me....
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 23, 2013
^^^^^

Then stop bowing before statues that can neither see, talk nor hear.

If the pictures below are not idol worship, I need a brain transplant.

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by brainpulse: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44: Exodus 20:3-5
"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me...."

Deuteronomy 5:7-9
"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me....

And you forgot that

King James Bible Exodus 20:4 says
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^^

Then stop bowing before statues that can neither see, talk nor hear.

If the pictures below are not idol worship, I need a brain transplant.

My bro we really do need our crania checked...........catholics denying that they do now make graven images and worship them is like all of us denying that we are not exisiting.........
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by brainpulse: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2013
The Bible says even in Heaven or underneath the earth. No image of anything should be made or created as a channel of worship, honor and reference, point blank.

^^^^This is idolatry by all word definition. The question is why and why must you have an image that can not talk, see, feel and listen to you?

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by free2ryhme: 11:49am On Mar 23, 2013
anitank: You do nothing. We just pray to her to intercede on our behalf

quote me one bible verse where it was stated implicitly or explicitly where the above quote of yours was mentioned
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:
where na? Kindly refer to the verse in the bible for us to read that she was already a christian even before the birth of christ.
strawman, ignoratio elenchi.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
Odunharry: i taya o..nt until after jesus resurrectd that the disciples were first called christians
ignoratio elenchi
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:
Stop ranting, young woman, it is very unbecoming.

Like I have clearly stated, you don't know what you are saying. I leave you for the Holy Spirit, not Mary, to convince.

Shalom.
ranting? wat r u doing, making sense? jonser smh... moving on abeg. i no get ur tym.

next!!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Acidosis:

I can imagine Mary crying in heaven for catholics... They've shifted their worship away from God towards her... I see her weeping for your popes...
I see her crying bitterly on sunday mornings whenever you observe the mass..
I see her shouting and crying; "It's not me, but God"

do u see wat i see?? do u want to modify

ha! i don't want to show u d discrepancies of ur logic o, not until u ans my question.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 12:54pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: I don't hate the catholic church my dear...you getting wired up..i really do love catholic which is the universal truth..what i do hate is the worship of man made statues and graven images of dead people. “You shall not make for yourself any carved image, nor the likeness of anything which is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them nor worship them.” This command is disregarded by you guys.
i hear u.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

My friend that verse talks about idols and not images please.
chukwudi! Chukwudi!! Chukwudi!!! How many times i call you? God loves you o..run away from those idols abegi.graven images/sculptors/pictures of mary and Jesus...God hates all of them.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

My faith and growth in christ is placed on Jesus who is the authour and finisher of my faith.There is nothing like this 'present bible'.You should rather say the protestant hybrid bible because it combines the jewish canon with the catholic NT

if Jesus's the authur and the finisher of your faith, why then so you concentrate more on mary, pray more to mary and also worship/honor mary the more? Catholics talk more about mary than Jesus. (fact)
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: strawman, ignoratio elenchi.

when you have no answer, you resort to blabbing? No scriptural backbone?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: chukwudi! Chukwudi!! Chukwudi!!! How many times i call you? God loves you o..run away from those idols abegi.graven images/sculptors/pictures of mary and Jesus...God hates all of them.

No way bro God hates idols not graven images no wonder he commanded moses to make graven images of the serpent and the cherubs.Even the temple of solomon had graven images of lions,trees,cherubs to the extent that the graven image of the cherubs were even placed in the holies of holies.

Are you trying to imply that God is a hypocrite? Abeg take your time.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

if Jesus's the authur and the finisher of your faith, why then so you concentrate more on mary, pray more to mary and also worship/honor mary the more? Catholics talk more about mary than Jesus. (fact)

Who told you catholics talk more about Mary than Jesus.Is it because you protestants honour the bible more than Jesus?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by brainpulse: 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

No way bro God hates idols not graven images no wonder he commanded moses to make graven images of the serpent and the cherubs.Even the temple of solomon had graven images of lions,trees,cherubs to the extent that the graven image of the cherubs were even placed in the holies of holies.

Are you trying to imply that God is a hypocrite? Abeg take your time.

Then did God instruct you, to create the graven image of Mary, worship, honor and reference her? The graven image of the serpent was not worshipped, referend or bow nor prayed to. Those graven image where not created as an image of somrthing to be referenced or prayed to.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (62) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Blasts Adeboye Over Comment On Type Of People To Marry / Prophet Isa El-Buba: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election / Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.