Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,062 members, 7,980,779 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 03:36 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (66038 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Who told you catholics talk more about Mary than Jesus.Is it because you protestants honour the bible more than Jesus?

1: i'm not a protester, don't even know what that means, i'm a follower of christ Jesus.

Your prayer lyrics and patterns prove that you guys honor mary and worship her, mention her more in worship and prayers than the savior Jesus.

You bow to images in prayers and worship.

Alot of paganic method of worship, you people pratice.

WHY DO YOU PRAY TO MARY INSTEAD OF JESUS SINCE PRAYING TO MARY IS DIFFERENT FROM PRAYING FOR MARY?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

No way bro God hates idols not graven images no wonder he commanded moses to make graven images of the serpent and the cherubs.Even the temple of solomon had graven images of lions,trees,cherubs to the extent that the graven image of the cherubs were even placed in the holies of holies.

Are you trying to imply that God is a hypocrite? Abeg take your time.
thats a different thing entirely don't compare that with the new convenant we have in Christ Jesus..or did God specifically command us in the new convenant to make graven images of serpents??
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: thats a different thing entirely don't compare that with the new convenant we have in Christ Jesus..or did God specifically command us in the new convenant to make graven images of serpents??

Oh grin grin grin

How come you were quoting exodus for me? Abi is that now part of the new covenant? Why don't you quote the new covenant where Jesus asked us not to make graven images or better still where he asked us never to make graven images of himself or his mother
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

1: i'm not a protester, don't even know what that means, i'm a follower of christ Jesus.

Your prayer lyrics and patterns prove that you guys honor mary and worship her, mention her more in worship and prayers than the savior Jesus.

You bow to images in prayers and worship.

Alot of paganic method of worship, you people pratice.

WHY DO YOU PRAY TO MARY INSTEAD OF JESUS SINCE PRAYING TO MARY IS DIFFERENT FROM PRAYING FOR MARY?

Do you mind listing all the catholic prayer lyrics and patterns and let's see how we 'worship' her or regard her more than Jesus.

For the record you are a protestant.You may check the dictionary for its meaning.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
When He had taken the [a]book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the [b]saints.~Rev 5:8

Rev 8:4

The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God's people, went up before God from the angel's hand.

Now can anyone here explain to me how the prayers of the saints came to be in the hands of the 24 elders here.

How come an angel was acting as an intercessor between Jesus and the saints? Is it not idolatary?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

My friend that verse talks about idols and not images please.
ahahahah..exodus 20:4.thou shall not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is beneath the earth, or that is in the water under the earth..
And verse 5 says, thou shall not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:for i the lord thy God am a jealous God.....
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
@bidam

I am waiting for you to show me where God asked us not to make images in the NT.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
^^^^^^

"While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols." - Acts 17:16

"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God," - 1 Thessalonians 1:9

examples of idols :

[img]http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/pakanuudenpatsaat.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 6:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
Images are not necessarily idols. The cherubs images of the Ark of the covenant were not idols, even when Joshua lay prostrate before it and prayed.

Images only become idols when you worship them as divine.

We Catholics, like Joshua, dont do that.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
Me sef I tireoooo.I asked for where the NT forbade images and here he is quoting idols.No wondwe some people get f9 for english.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by sarutobie(m): 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
Indoctrination is the most potent form of bondage in religion...many are afraid to admit that what they have been taught since their childhood are all false..to admit that what you have believed in for decades is false....but the truth must prevail...
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ijawkid(m): 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2013
italo: Images are not necessarily idols. The cherubs images of the Ark of the covenant were not idols, even when Joshua lay prostrate before it and prayed.

Images only become idols when you worship them as divine.

We Catholics, like Joshua, dont do that.

What about the dead rotten piece of meat??........

You back dated all the way to joshua so that you can wallow in idolatry and totally forgot about Jesus the perfecter of your faith.....

Did Jesus our master even touch any graven image when he prayed to God??.....the molded cherubs all went down with the destruction of Jerusalem..........besides the isrealites received direct commands from Yahweh on how to carry out the construction of the ark of covenants......I can't remember when the isrealites all had the ark of covenants in there homes,used beads in worship and also molded the image of a woman and fixed in Gods temple.....

I don't see how you guys can confidently defend yourselves for doing obeiscance to images that Jesus and his Father never authorized...........

Stop comparing an obedient servant like Joshua with the over 1.2billion catholics who stubbornly bow down before the image of a woman ........angry

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

when you have no answer, you resort to blabbing? No scriptural backbone?
only a stupid man would argue with your strawman.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
You people should quit blabbing and show me where Jesus said we should not make images in the NT
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Oh grin grin grin

How come you were quoting exodus for me? Abi is that now part of the new covenant? Why don't you quote the new covenant where Jesus asked us not to make graven images or better still where he asked us never to make graven images of himself or his mother
hypocrisy! Since marwin u have been quoting exodus and 2 kings is that not old testament yet u complain when another quote the same. Hypocrisy
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: hypocrisy! Since marwin u have been quoting exodus and 2 kings is that not old testament yet u complain when another quote the same. Hypocrisy
tell am
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Oh grin grin grin

YOU SEE ur LIFE? i asked you a queshion..u dey carry wayo dogde am with a hypocritical qwueshion..if i answer yours will you answer mine?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44: @bidam

I am waiting for you to show me where God asked us not to make images in the NT.

Acts 17:29 ESV

Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.

3 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

Do you mind listing all the catholic prayer lyrics and patterns and let's see how we 'worship' her or regard her more than Jesus.

For the record you are a protestant.You may check the dictionary for its meaning.

Your lyrics are online, you know it yourself and you know all the "hail mary, mother of god bla bla bla" so don't ask for what you already know.

I don't need a dictionary to know what i am. first, i don't practice any religion, i am not a religious person. so the labels don't work for me. Christianity is not a religion, it's a way of life.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: only a stupid man would argue with your strawman.

Thought you were worth an attention.

Sorry!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: Acts 17:29 ESV

Being then God's offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.

I asked for where God asked us not to make images in the NT and this is the best you can come with? Don't you understand simple english? Is that what that passage is all about?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

Your lyrics are online, you know it yourself and you know all the "hail mary, mother of god bla bla bla" so don't ask for what you already know.

I don't need a dictionary to know what i am. first, i don't practice any religion, i am not a religious person. so the labels don't work for me. Christianity is not a religion, it's a way of life.

I thought as much.You have nothing to substantiate your baseless allegation.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

I asked for where God asked us not to make images in the NT and this is the best you can come with? Don't you understand simple english? Is that what that passage is all about?
I knew this is the kind of lame excuse you will come up with..are you trying to tell us the SCRIPTURES IN ACTS are not inspired by God? SMH.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: I knew this is the kind of lame excuse you will come up with..are you trying to tell us the SCRIPTURES IN ACTS are not inspired by God? SMH.

So you really do not understand that passage.?

Do not imagine God to be an image

Do not make any images

Does this two sentences mean the same thing? Abeg kindly return to ENG. 101 class
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2013
Act 17:29 For as much then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
SO MR Chukwudi44 my sermon to you this evening is repent from idolatry.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: Act 17:29 For as much then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
SO MR Chukwudi44 my sermon to you this evening is repent from idolatry.

My friend quit blabbing and go back to your english class.I suggest you start again from Jss1 syllables
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
chukwudi44:

My friend quit blabbing and go back to your english class.I suggest you start again from Jss1 syllables
never knew your FOLLY AND IGNORANCE ARE INTERTWINED ..that scripture is as clear as the noon day.. OK i leave you to your folly...you already have a penchant in nairaland to be blind and obstinate so it ain't coming as a surprise.. goodnight.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: never knew your FOLLY AND IGNORANCE ARE INTERTWINED ..that scripture is as clear as the noon day.. OK i leave you to your folly...you already have a penchant in nairaland to be blind and obstinate so it ain't coming as a surprise.. goodnight.

You are a bloody ignoramus and merely grabbing @ claws.You cannot absolutely cannot even give a single scripture to prove your man made church traditions.Shame on you?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^^^

"While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols." - Acts 17:16

"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God," - 1 Thessalonians 1:9

examples of idols :

[img]http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/pakanuudenpatsaat.jpg[/img]
i can never worship man made god o..dem get eye but them no dey see...dem get ear o..but dem no dey hear...in this day and age people still worship this? MAY GOD HELP US..AMEN
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: i can never worship man made god o..dem get eye but them no dey see...dem get ear o..but dem no dey hear...in this day and age people still worship this? MAY GOD HELP US..AMEN
Amen
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bidam: i can never worship man made god o..dem get eye but them no dey see...dem get ear o..but dem no dey hear...in this day and age people still worship this? MAY GOD HELP US..AMEN
amen o...
Abeg let cntinue wt d song jo
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
chukwudi44:

I thought as much.You have nothing to substantiate your baseless allegation.

you need to seek Christ, you know you're on the path of destruction, seek him while you still breathe, hiding from the truth won't get you no where, idol worshiping is a great sin to yahweh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (62) (Reply)

Abrahamic Family House In Abu Dhabi To Open In 2022(Pics) / David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / End Time Church Spotted In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.