Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:55 PM

A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe (11154 Views)

Jonathan And Patience On The Page Of A Kenyan Newspaper / Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P / Brown University's Tribute To Chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by meetmeonline: 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
kettykin:

Who ever made it possible for these 2 different people to be in the same country and even doing more to prevent those who want to leave the country for the other , may such a person die a thousand times . I am still baffled how daft Nigerians have been rather than push this 2 groups out of Nigeria so that Nigeria can have eternal peace or at least push Igbos who already want to opt out so that Nigeria can have peace rather we keep hearing how some rogues will spill the last drop of their infected blood to prevent that.

My suggestion is that for Nigeria to have peace these 2 groups igbos and yorubas need to be pushed out of Nigeria

You sound like a one-in-whole-community elite from one of these minority tribes that beg for a deputy sit in the house during a new government.....the only reason why the Hausas have not made your people pay oxygen tax is because of the fear of the 'power to fight back' from the Igbos and Yorubas....You live in a country where more Hausas (though living in the farthest location) own oil wells than all other tribes put together.....yet the best wish you can make is to have their only two problems go away. You are a free person, don't wish yourself into slavery.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

Dumb asss modafuckka.

ashebe your tin can idol insulted your country and award several times , he cared less about your country, he rubbished your country and insulted your fellow country men with bitterness and childish vengeance all the way into his grave, but your dumb asss is worried about eko ile on NL. How reta/rded and goofy can you be...

The silly and laughable awards this clown is defending goes to crooks, incompetent losers and the most corrupt public officials.

Reminds me sef, one was given to IG onovo, one of the most worthless and incompetent pubic officials in Nigeria by the goofy, useless and incompetent president while BH slaughtered Nigerians daily, while kidnappings thrived unchecked, then turn around and sack the same clown he just gave out one of Nigeria's highest awards to for incompetence.

Bunch of circus clowns..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294861_Onovo_jpg45b92222e72fce89b03bab6ab8181705

I give you too much credit because you are even worse than I thought.

Like I said, fcukk you personally and your worthless pepper soup award.

So what are you doing on our 'peppersoup forum'? Why not go join American or Japanese forum? If you despise the country what are you doing here? You must be a failure in life to keep associating everyday with 'failures', 'comedic people' and 'pepper soup country'.

As Achebe said, if one finger brings oil, it soils the others. You should keep your distance.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by usletnyenyenye: 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
His novels such
as A Man of the People and Things
Fall Apart have been used as set
books in Kenyan secondary schools in
the past.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

So what are you doing on our 'peppersoup forum'? Why not go join American or Japanese forum? If you despise the country what are you doing here? You must be a failure in life to keep associating everyday with 'failures', 'comedic people' and 'pepper soup country'.

As Achebe said, if one finger brings oil, it soils the others. You should keep your distance.

Dumb can't read and comprehend dullard. Despising worthless awards they give to incompetent and corrupt people and despising a country are 2 different things.

Corrupt and convicted criminals like Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola, Cecelia Ibru and Bode George are all recipients of the same worthless awards so what are you so happy about? Only clowns like you celebrate mediocrity and silly awards that means nothing to the average Nigerian, but only to the corrupt, crooked and convicted people.

I give ashebe a lil credit for rejecting that laughable award..

Like I said, I give your dumb asss too much credit because you're worse than a 2 year old.

1 Like

Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Dumb can't read and comprehend dullard. Despising worthless awards they give to incompetent and corrupt people and despising a country are 2 different things.

Corrupt and convicted criminals like Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola, Cecelia Ibru and Bode George are all recipients of the same worthless awards so what are you so happy about? Only clowns like you celebrate mediocrity and silly awards that means nothing to the average Nigerian, but only to the corrupt, crooked and convicted people.

I give ashebe a lil credit for rejecting that laughable award..

Like I said, I give your dumb asss too much credit because you're worse than a 2 year old.

Peabrain. Was any of those people given a national merit award AFTER they'd been convicted of an offence? Or you expect the award committee to have pre-empted their criminal acts prior to their commission? So all the hundreds of Nigerians who won those awards for their genuine contributions to the country should simply throw them away because one or two awardees was accused of crimes later on? Do you know there are Nobel Prize winners who were later accused and some convicted of crimes? Obama himself who won the Nobel after bombing to smithereens, innocent women and children in Afghanistan and supporting the oppression of Palestinians. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia who won a Nobel despite accusations of corruption and nepotism under her rule. Warmonger Henry Kissinger given the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973. Will that make you disparage the Nobel Prize? Hell no. Slaveboy to oyibo. Worthless, self-hating riffraff with no common sense.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Worthless self loathing dunce. Was any of those people given a natonal merit award AFTER they'd been convicted for an offence? Or you expect the award committee to pre-empt their criminal acts prior to their commission?

Empty-headed hateful dunce.

Idi/ot, does it matter before or after? Fact remains that ex convicts and criminals are holders of your worthless awards even after your corrupt and crooked president promised to take the awards away from them. Of what value or significance is any award to any honorable and deserving Nigeria if at the end of the day, convicts and criminals are in possession of the same awards?

Your kabu kabu president knowingly gave the same yeye awards to corrupt clowns under efcc investigation.

You're just another corrupt clown swimming in the company of crooked and corrupt people..

I ignored the rest of your after thought and irrelevant add on, sounds re/tarded and grossly irrelevant just like your dumb assss.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Idi/ot, does it matter before or after? Fact remains that ex convicts and criminals are holders of your worthless awards

The NOBEL must be worthless too since you can say the exact same thing about it.

even after your corrupt and crooked president promised to take the awards away from them.

Your kabu kabu president knowingly gave the same yeye awards to corrupt clowns under efcc investigation.

You're just another corrupt clown swimming in the company of crooked and corrupt people..

I ignored the rest of your after thought and irrelevant add on, sounds re/tarded and grossly irrelevant just like your dumb assss.

Why don't you disparage the NOBEL PRIZE AS WELL? Awards have gone to 'shining lights' like Al Gore, Henry Kissinger, the EU, and Obama. Each of these individuals/entities are known to be globalist oppressors, and or/mass murderers. Even some accused of CHILD RAP.E: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-04-28/news/1998118004_1_gajdusek-frederick-county-academic-life

''One man introduced indefinite detention and expanded the deadly global drone war. Another was the architect of the deliberate mass killing of civilian populations in Indochina. What do they have in common? Both are Nobel Peace laureates.''

http://rt.com/news/nobel-peace-prize-controversy-213/

Yet you kiss their assss.

Uncle Tom Slaveboy.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Why don't you disparage the NOBEL PRIZE AS WELL? Awards have gone to 'shining lights' like Al Gore, Henry Kissinger, the EU, and Obama. Each of these individuals/entities are known to be globalist oppressors, and or/mass murderers. Yet you kiss their assss.

Uncle Tom.

Is America Nigeria? Are we talking about the Nobel? Are the people you mentioned convicted criminals and ex convicts?

You are just like another dumb elementary school kid incapable of staying focused and on task. When clowns like you run out of valid and relevant points to support your views, you stray and bring up irrelevant jargon from other countries and environments.

Idio/t, this is about your country and it's worthless awards in the hands of criminals and convicts.

You must be another moronic and ignorant WAEC drop out.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Is America Nigeria? Are we talking about the Nobel?

Let's talk about it.

Are the people you mentioned convicted criminals and ex convicts?

Some are convicted criminals, like Daniel Carleton Gajdusek the child rapi.st, while some are known mass murderers and war mongers responsible for the death of millions.

You are just like another dumb elementary school kid incapable of staying focused and on task. When clowns like you run out of valid and relevant points to support your views, you stray and bring up irrelevant jargon from other countries and environments.

Idio/t, this is about your country and it's worthless awards in the hands of criminals and convicts.

You must be another moronic and ignorant WAEC drop out.

Name us ONE AWARD on earth INCLUDING THE NOBEL, that is ''perfect'' the way you expect Nigeria's to be, ie with all recipients unblemished.

That's a direct challenge!

If you cannot, that makes you a self-loathing imbeci.le unworthy of serious attention.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Let's talk about it.

No dumb asss, I'm not interested in irrelevant arguments. Stay on topic and if you have attention deficit disorder, seek medical help.

Some are, while some are known mass murderers and war mongers responsible for the death of millions.

Are they Nigerians and were they given Nigerian merit awards? Keep your irrelevant garbage to yourself.

Name us ONE AWARD on earth INCLUDING THE NOBEL, that is ''perfect'' the way you expect Nigeria's to be, you dumb idio.t swine?

WAEC drop out, Nigerian merit award is not the NOBEL and the Nobel was not given to corrupt and criminally convicted Nigerians?

This argument remains about your country and it's national awards in the hands of criminals and convicts, your bogus and save face side argument is irrelevant and I'm not falling for that scam you sorry assss modaffuka.

Oponu slow learner, stay on task.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

No dumb asss, I'm not interested in irrelevant arguments. Stay on topic and if you have attention deficit disorder, seek medical help.

Are they Nigerians and were they given Nigerian merit awards? Keep your irrelevant garbage to yourself.

WAEC drop out, Nigerian merit award is not the NOBEL and the Nobel was not given to corrupt and criminally convicted Nigerians?

This argument remains about your country and it's national awards in the hands of criminals and convicts.

Oponu slow learner, stay on task.

Sorry but NIGERIA IS PART OF THE WORLD. You cannot separate Nigeria from the rest of the world and impose your own 'lofty' standards on her. Who are you and what are you? What have you achieved in your own life to impose such standards? If even the Nobel prize - the most respected on earth - has been awarded to questionable characters, criminals and mass murderers, then NO AWARDS ON EARTH is totally devoid of controversy, AND YOU WOULD BE insane TO EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT IN NIGERIA.

No human society is even REMOTELY perfect. ALL institutions devised by man will be inherently flawed. Get that into your thick skull and quit being STUP.ID.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Sorry but NIGERIA IS PART OF THE WORLD. You cannot separate Nigeria from the rest of the world and impose your own 'lofty' standards on her. Who are you and what are you? What have you achieved in your own liofe to impose sucg stabndards? If even the Nobel prize - ostensibly the most respected on earth, has been awarded to questionable characters, criminals and mass murderers, then NO AWARDS ON EARTH IS TOTALLY CLEAN, AND YOU WOULD BE insane and stupid TO EXPECT THAT FROM NIGERIA.

Unfortunately for you dumb asss, the Nigerian national merit award is not not a WORLD MERIT AWARD. You are a poor and low grade thinker with corrupt mentality, your thought process is even worse than a 2 year old kid's.

Right now, it's hard for me to conclude that you are sane and in total control of your brains.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Unfortunately for you dumb asss, the Nigerian national merit award is not not a WORLD MERIT AWARD. You are a poor and low grade thinker with corrupt mentality, your thought process is even worse than a 2 year old kid's.

Right now, it's hard for me to conclude that you are sane and in total control of your brains.

What does the Nigerian merit awards not being a ''world merit award'' have to do with anything? You must have the IQ of a gnat. Motorpark tout with internet access.

If anything the 'world merit awards' should be an epitome of cleanliness and uprightness. Instead we see corrupt characters like Kissinger and Obama winning the Nobel. The Nigerian awards are even cleaner.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

What does the Nigerian merit awards not being a ''world merit award'' have to do with anything? You must have the IQ of a gnat. Motorpark tout with internet access.

If anything the 'world merit awards' should be an epitome of cleanliness and uprightness. Instead we see corrupt characters like Kissinger and Obama winning the Nobel. The Nigerian awards are even cleaner.

Oponu, because we are talking about Nigeria and not all the irrelevant world rubbish you are peddling.

Start a different topic on Nobel if that's what's eating your grapes, but this topic is about Nigeria and the Nigerian national merit award in the hands of convicts and criminals.

Let me ask your dumb asss again

Are the folks you mentioned Nigerians?

Are they recipients of any awards in Nigeria?

Are they convicts and ex convicts?

Do you know see how re/tarded, silly and clueless you sound?

This is how people fail WAEC which I'm 100% sure you did. Ask them about A and they'll come up with B.

Like I said, you have attention deficit disorder ADD and you need to seek urgent help.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ylaa(f): 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
this is more than a tribute. God bless this kenyan. never knew he could be appreciated this way. i am touched. i wish i could bring him back to life. to me he was an icon. God bless his soul and grant him eternal resting place. and for the bereaved family; my sympathy.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Oponu, because we are talking about Nigeria and not all the irrelevant world rubbish you are peddling.

Start a different topic on Nobel if that's what's eating your grapes, but this topic is about Nigeria and the Nigerian national merit award in the hands of convicts and criminals.

Let me ask your dumb asss again

Are the folks you mentioned Nigerians?

Are they recipients of any awards in Nigeria?

Are they convicts and ex convicts?

Do you know see how re/tarded, silly and clueless you sound?

This is how people fail WAEC which I'm 100% sure you did. Ask them about A and they'll come up with B.

Like I said, you have attention deficit disorder ADD and you need to seek urgent help.

DUDE, these were your words at the start of this thread to another poster, before I interjected:

Eko Ile:

Another loser talk. This joker is even comparing his comedic Nigerian awards with the Nobel.

I know you're on drugs so you forgot that it was YOU who began with the 'contrasting' of the two awards. Now you've been put in your place by being shown (with concrete examples) that the NOBEL is even more 'comedic' than the Nigerian awards, you start to cry ''this is only about Nigeria!!''. Cry baby. Get this: If you condemn the Nigerian awards while praising the NOBEL as you did, it's because you're thoughtless, slave-minded and dense. Now, apologise for your rancid stupidity and bugger off.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

These were your words at the start of this thread to another poster:

I know you're on drugs so you forgot that it was YOU who began with the 'contrasting' of the two awards. Now you've been put in your place by being shown that the NOBEL is even more 'comedic' than the Nigerian awards, you start to cry? This is only about Nigeria!!'' Cry baby. Get this thicko: If you condemn the Nigerian awards and praise the NOBEL as you did, it's because you're a dense, slave-minded druggie. Now, apologise apologize for your stupidity and bugger off.

So I should conclude with you that the Nobel is equally rubbish like your worthless National awards in the hands of criminals and convicts just because another ignorant dumb asss like you claimed so? Is this the shallow depths of your mental idiocy and capacity?

Your sad and pathetic case is like a criminal saying you can not prosecute me because other people are criminals too? Are you in kindergarten for real? Must you ignore the rot and decay in your own country just to cluelessly focus and worry about other rubbish that has nothing to do with your country and Nigerians?

Why is the fact that convicts and criminals and even incompetent public officials are recipients of your national awards doesn't bother you, but the Nobel that has nothing to do with Nigerians and that they don't give to criminals like they do in your country boiling your blood like a mad man? How pointless and irrelevant can you be?

They don't give Nobel to criminals and convicts so you can make that moronic and ignorant leap as much as you want which only dumb illiterates like you do, fact remains that in your country, criminals are in possession of your National Awards.

You are a sad byproduct of all the ills troubling Nigeria. You really have other issues like your crooked sanity to worry about..
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

So I should conclude with you that the Nobel is equally rubbish like your worthless National awards in the hands of criminals and convicts just because another ignorant dumb asss like you claimed so? Is this the shallow depths of your mental idiocy and capacity?

Your sad and pathetic case is like a criminal saying you can not prosecute me because other people are criminals too? Are you in kindergarten for real? Must you ignore the rot and decay in your own country just to cluelessly focus and worry about other rubbish that has nothing to do with your country and Nigerians?

Why is the fact that convicts and criminals and even incompetent public officials are recipients of your national awards doesn't bother you, but the Nobel that has nothing to do with Nigerians and that they don't give to criminals like they do in your country boiling your blood like a mad man? How pointless and irrelevant can you be?

They don't give Nobel to criminals and convicts so you can make that moronic and ignorant leap as much as you want which only dumb illiterates like you do, fact remains that in your country, criminals are in possession of your National Awards.

You are a sad byproduct of all the ills troubling Nigeria. You really have other issues like your crooked sanity to worry about..

Come on shut your slaveboy mouth, you worthless layabout. How many criminals and killers have I listed that got Nobel prizes which you just ignored simply to regurgitate this crap? You think ignoring them would remove the fact that child rapists and makss killers hold Nobel prizes which you were praising? Address the Nobel's criminals. If you can't then bugger off, oyibo SLAVE.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 11:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Come on shut your slaveboy mouth, you worthless layabout. How many criminals and killers have I listed that got Nobel prizes which you just ignored simply to regurgitate this crap? You think ignoring them would remove the fact? Address the Nobel's criminals you nasty shiithead. If you can't then bugger off, oyibo SLAVE.

Your sad and pathetic case is like a criminal saying you can not prosecute me because other people are criminals too?
Are you in kindergarten for real? Must you ignore the rot and decay in your own country just to cluelessly focus and worry about other rubbish that has nothing to do with your country and Nigerians?

Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
^^^There is NO AWARDS given in ANY COUNTRY whose recipients are ALL CLEAN, before and after the award. Get that into your thick skull. You cannot single Nigeria out for that. I have PROVEN it to you by naming just a few NOBEL RECIPIENTS of highly dubious records. You cannot counter that. Should I list you the number of British mass murderers who have received the Queen's award including MBE?

Lesson: It is DUMB to dismiss a nation's national awards merely because SOME of the recipients later got convicted of some offence.

NO recipient of the Nigerian National Merit Awards was a convict PRIOR to being given the award.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE: There is NO AWARDS given in ANY COUNTRY whose recipients are ALL CLEAN. Get that into your thick skull. You cannot single Nigeria out for that. I have PROVEN it to you by naming just a few NOBEL RECIPIENTS of highly dubious records. You cannot counter that. Should I list you the number of British mass murderers who have received the Queen's award including MBE?

Nigeria is not Britain and what they do there with their awards not our business so worry about your own country you fcukking busy body amebo.. Worry about your own country giving awards to criminals and convicts..

Why are you more concerned about other countries and not your own? Are you a citizen of the UK or Nigeria you clown with no sense of country and identity...
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Nigeria is not Britain and what they do there with their awards not our business so worry about your own country you fcukking busy body amebo.. Worry about your own country giving awards to criminals and convicts..

Why are you more concerned about other countries and not your own? Are you a citizen of the UK or Nigeria you clown with no sense of country and identity...

Those nations are EXAMPLES, you illiterate, of the fact that NO NATION can EVER have all its national award recipients 'CLEAN' and unblemished.

If you give your son an award for honesty today and tomorrow he goes and steals, does that make your award ''comedic''?

Should we dismiss your award because ''you gave it to criminals and convicts''?

Olodo rabata.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 11:52pm On Mar 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Those nations are EXAMPLES, you illiterate, of the fact that NO NATION can EVER have all its national award recipients 'CLEAN' and unblemished.

If you give your son an award for honesty today and tomorrow he goes and steals, does that make your award ''comedic''?

Olodo rabata.

Clown, even to allow your idiotic example for the sake of argument, show me any criminally convicted Nobel or UK award winner.

You see, you can't so either way with your argument and irrelevant examples, you are still a clueless, dumb and ignorant asss hole with ADD.

The fact is, I know your game and it doesn't mater how hard you try to shit this issue away from Nigeria with your elementary school examples, this is still about Nigeria YOU DUMB ASSS..
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
eko ilee:

Clown, even to allow your idiotic example for the sake of argument, show me any criminally convicted Nobel or UK award winner.

I already did, you stupi.d wan.ker. Go back and read the drivel you typed and my responses. I even gave you links.

Liu Xiaobo, the Chinese Nobel Peace Prize recipient (2012), is a convicted criminal.

And what about THIS?

''Henry Kissinger received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973 for his work on the Vietnam Peace Accords, despite having instituted the secret 1969–1975 campaign of bombing against infiltraiting NVA in Cambodia, the alleged U.S. involvement in Operation Condor—a mid-1970s campaign of kidnapping and murder coordinated among the intelligence and security services of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay—as well as the death of French nationals under the Chilean junta. He also supported the invasion of Cyprus resulting in approximately 1/3 of the island being occupied by foreign troops for 33 years. Some peace activists go so far as to suggest that the Nobel Peace Prize has become irrelevant due to Kissinger being a laureate.''

Yitzhak Rabin

Rabin won the prize jointly with Shimon Peres and Yasser Araft in 1994. Rabin, while in the Israeli military, had ordered the expulsion of Arabs, from areas captured by Israel during the 1948 War. He had also been responsible for the aggressive Israeli crackdown of the First Intifada while Defense Minister. Rabin also continued to authorise the construction of settlements in the occupied territories despite the peace agreement.

Shimon Peres

Awarded the Nobel prize jointly with Yitzhak Rabin and Yasser Arafat, Peres was responsible for developing Israel’s nuclear weapons arsenal, and was later blamed for the Qana Massacre. The Qana Massacre occurred in 1996 when the Israeli military shelled a villiage of 800 Lebanese civilians who had gone there to escape the fighting. 106 were killed and around 116 others injured. Four Fijian United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon soldiers were also seriously injured.

Menachem Begin

Menachem Begin (6th Prime Minister of Israel) was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1978 for his contributions to the successful closure to the Camp David Accords in the same year (the award was jointly given to Begin and Anwar Sadat). Unfortunately, Begin had also previously been head of the militant Zionist group Irgun, which is often regarded as a terrorist organization and had been responsible for the King David Hotel bombing in 1946.

http://listverse.com/2007/10/17/top-10-controversial-nobel-peace-prize-winners/
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 27, 2013
So there we have it. Nobel Peace prize being awarded to people who developed nuclear weapons, terrorists and murderers etc. Any more proof needed that you cannot dismiss the Nigerian awards while elevating the Nobel? You do that, I crush you with facts!
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 12:25am On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I already did, you stupi.d wan.ker. Go back and read the drivel you typed and my responses. I even gave you links. Blind bat.

Liu Xiaobo, the Chinese Nobel Peace Prize recipient, is a convicted criminal.

Dr. Liu, a long-time rights activist, received an 11-year prison sentence in 2009 after he helped write Charter ’08, a political manifesto, which promoted peaceful democratic reform and called for greater respect for fundamental human rights in China and an end to one party rule. After arresting Dr. Liu, police held him without charge or access to an attorney for six months. At trial, the government prevented Dr. Liu’s wife, foreign diplomats, and the press from attending.

[b]On October 8, 2010, the Norwegian Nobel Committee took the bold step of awarding Dr. Liu its Peace Prize in recognition of his “long and non-violent struggle for fundamental rights in China.”

[/b]http://www.change.org/petitions/chinese-leader-xi-jinping-release-imprisoned-nobel-peace-prize-winner-liu-xiaobo-and-wife-liu-xia

I asked for a convicted criminal, not a democracy activist and a political prisoner thrown in jail for promoting peace and democracy by some communist and repressive government.

What's next, Mandela is a criminal too?

Oponu, you are so pathetic beyond redemption, you are sorry excuse and burden on humanity...

Now go back and try harder and when you do, leave out Henry Kissinger unless your dumb ass can prove to me that he's a criminal and or ex convict.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee:

I asked for a convicted criminal, not a democracy activist and a political prisoner thrown in jail for promoting peace and democracy by some communist and repressive government.

What's next, Mandela is a criminal too?

Oponu, you are so pathetic beyond redemption, you are sorry excuse and burden on humanity...

Dunce. Now you're giving excuses for the ex-convicts. Ok what's your excuse for this CONVICTED CHILD RAPI.ST who won the Nobel?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-04-28/news/1998118004_1_gajdusek-frederick-county-academic-life

Now go back and try harder and when you do, leave out Henry Kissinger unless your dumb ass can prove to me that he's a criminal and or ex convict.

Why does the recipient have to be an ex convict? A criminal is a criminal regardless of whether he was convicted or not. A winner of a Nobel Peace Prize (Rabin) who was known for developing NUCLEAR WEAPONS, which makes the award a mickey mouse award. In fact the Nigerian awards have a lot more integrity.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 12:49am On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Dunce, why does the recipient have to be an ex convict? A criminal is a criminal regardless of whether he was convicted or not. A winner of a Nobel Peace Prize winner (Rabin) who was known for developing NUCLEAR WEAPONS makes the award a mickey mouse award. In fact the Nigerian awards have a lot more integrity.

Let me entertain your idiocy for a change and cut through the chase.

1. What's all this got to do with Nigeria

2. Are you saying it's ok for criminals and convicts to be recipients of our awards because other entities give theirs to the same kind of people or it's ok to be a thief because others are?

What is your point exactly...
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee:

Let me entertain your idiocy for a change and cut through the chase.

1. What's all this got to do with Nigeria

2. Are you saying it's ok for criminals and convicts to be recipients of our awards because other entities give theirs to the same kind of people or it's ok to be a thief because others are?

What is your point exactly...

The point is NO NIGERIAN was given a national award AFTER he/she was convicted of a criminal offence. So you are WRONG to state that national awards are given to criminals and ex convicts in Nigeria. If national awards are given to any persons LATER CONVICTED OF A CRIME, you cannot blame the Nigerian awards for that (same happens with ALL awards globally including Nobel).

I CHALLENGE YOU to show us ONE recipient of the Nigerian national merit awards who was a convicted criminal at the time of receipt of such awards.

If you cannot do so, then you must APOLOGIZE for insulting the awards.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 1:25am On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

The point is NO NIGERIAN was given a national award AFTER he/she was convicted of a criminal offence. So you are WRONG to state that national awards are given to criminals and ex convicts in Nigeria. If national awards are given to any persons LATER CONVICTED OF A CRIME, you cannot blame the Nigerian awards for that (same happens with ALL awards globally including Nobel).

I CHALLENGE YOU to show us ONE recipient of the Nigerian national merit awards who was a convicted criminal at the time of receipt of such awards.

If you cannot do so, then you must APOLOGIZE for insulting the awards.

I really don't care about your dumb excuses and justifications because the same ex convicts and incompetent people are still holders of the worthless awards.

Onovo the former IG was grossly incompetent when he was given the award and still got kicked out of office for incompetence.

This rot and decay existed under Inspector General of Police, Mr Mohammed Abubaka, but he was still given the same worthless national awards..

Fuckckk you and your corrupt awards and for wasting my time..
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 27, 2013
eko ilee:

I really don't care about your dumb excuses and justifications because the same ex convicts and incompetent people are still holders of the worthless awards.

Onovo the former IG was grossly incompetent when he was given the award and still got kicked out of office for incompetence.

This rot and decay existed under Inspector General of Police, Mr Mohammed Abubaka, but he was still given the same worthless national awards..

Fuckckk you and your corrupt awards and for wasting my time..

Yawwwn. Just don't EVER claim that the Nobel is cleaner than the Nigerian awards. I can equally post the bodies of the innocents slaughtered by Kissinger and Rabin. I wonder how that will compare to a decrepit hostel. Mumu. Oh, and that Child Rapi.st also GOT to keep his Nobel award even after the rap.e conviction. So fuckckk you and your corrupt Nobel awards which you tried to whitewash over ours.
Re: A Kenyan's Tribute To Chinua Achebe by ekoilee: 1:41am On Mar 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Yawwwn. Just don't EVER claim that the Nobel is cleaner than the Nigerian awards. I can equally post the bodies of the innocents slaughtered by Kissinger and Rabin. I wonder how that will compare to a decrepit hostel. Mumu. Oh, and that Child Rapi.st also GOT to keep his Nobel award even after the rap.e conviction. So fuckckk you and your corrupt Nobel awards which you tried to whitewash over ours.

Asss hole, you are chasing your own tail with Nobel. I'm not a citizen of Nobel like you and I care less about Nobel or your idiotic fixation with Nobel, I'm a Nigerian and my concerns about my country is confined to my country, not Nobel like your dumb asss.

You can stroke yourself to death and divert attention away from your ignorance about your own country with your Nobel fixation, that's your problem and death, it still doesn't change the fact that this is about Nigeria and it's worthless awards in the hands of criminals and incompetent public officials.

Oponu sowenu..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Did Not Build Any Refinery For Nigeria – Editorial | NewsDay Reporters / Secondus: Why I Won’t Withdraw Lawsuit Against PDP / Buhari Sokoto Rally - In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.