Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,063 members, 7,949,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (302614 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by kiete(m): 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2013
ugfunky:

Thanks very much dear...... Like what type of departments r u referring to
It wouldn't be your call to choose the department you wil be working after being posted to TCN. The HR personnels handle that and they deploy you based on your course of study. So, goodluck!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by kayarda70(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
Almost 10 days to the documentation but i did not receive my admission letter with NAPTIN, Please any person with this problem?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Arysexy(m): 6:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
kayarda70: Almost 10 days to the documentation but i did not receive my admission letter with NAPTIN, Please any person with this problem?

Check ur spam e-mail box, mine was found in my spam box or check ur status om naptin page

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2013
Guys abeg who has done any NAPTIN registration b4... I want to ask abt d medical report if its necessary and hw d format should be??
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by MiRaaj: 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Fritz007: Guys abeg who has done any NAPTIN registration b4... I want to ask abt d medical report if its necessary and hw d format should be??

Just like the medical report requested for at the interview stage but addressed to The Director General
National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN)
Abuja
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Tomoarika(m): 7:48am On Oct 01, 2013
Fritz007: Guys abeg who has done any NAPTIN registration b4... I want to ask abt d medical report if its necessary and hw d format should be??
Hello.
Sorry what medical report are you talking abt? I didn't hear abt dis. Those of us from SS didn't do medical report unlike those from SW. Is it really necessary?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 5:43am On Oct 02, 2013
Pls is there any officer IV who received his admission letter from Naptin?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ugfunky(f): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
kiete:
It wouldn't be your call to choose the department you wil be working after being posted to TCN. The HR personnels handle that and they deploy you based on your course of study. So, goodluck!

uhmmm....ok I got accepted today....I pray they dont post me somewhere stupid..... I studied electrical electronics........I hope I get posted close to a cash - friendly department
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
guyz does the venue for the documentation n induction still remain sheraton??
Though DG NAPTIN said so, but also said we will be communicated b4 the date thats 7th oct....pls any info is highly welcomed.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Uzilla: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fritz007: guyz does the venue for the documentation n induction still remain sheraton??
Though DG NAPTIN said so, but also said we will be communicated b4 the date thats 7th oct....pls any info is highly welcomed.

TCN will b doing d documentation at their headquarters on the 7th of October. NAPTIN's arrangement is different from this. They r totally twwo different bodies. NAPTIN, according to their website, will be starting d training on th 21st.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 7:07am On Oct 03, 2013
Uzilla:

TCN will b doing d documentation at their headquarters on the 7th of October. NAPTIN's arrangement is different from this. They r totally twwo different bodies. NAPTIN, according to their website, will be starting d training on th 21st.
abeg my guy u dey sure of dis Coz many pple jst dey sing sheraton to my ears.....tanx
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 8:37am On Oct 03, 2013
ugfunky:
uhmmm....ok I got accepted today....I pray they dont post me somewhere stupid..... I studied electrical electronics........I hope I get posted close to a cash - friendly department

You see why government job will always suffer . . . a full fledged engineer doesn't care about career development, hands-on experience or what contributions to make. His/her particular interest is in "cash-friendly" department. We are finished. If over 50% of the new engineers share this mentality, then TCN will be exactly the same with the defunct NEPA, meaning that survival is not at sight as the TCN will not be able to service the Gencos and Discos . . . that's where the major problem lies.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Solutions_Guy:

You see why government job will always suffer . . . a full fledged engineer doesn't care about career development, hands-on experience or what contributions to make. His/her particular interest is in "cash-friendly" department. We are finished. If over 50% of the new engineers share this mentality, then TCN will be exactly the same with the defunct NEPA, meaning that survival is not at sight as the TCN will not be able to service the Gencos and Discos . . . that's where the major problem lies.
I tink d guy in question is not one of d newly recruited engr's..... From dia conversations, he should b a serving corp member...... But I'm nt opposing wat u r saying here..... We all should remove our minds from Moni now n look towards achieving d aim & objective of dis Job.... ⌣̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̶̭̌~
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 9:20am On Oct 03, 2013
Documentation for TCN moved from 7th till further notice. What are they planning secretly

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2013
cyraxjay: Documentation for TCN moved from 7th till further notice. What are they planning secretly
Y now?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Maifata: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2013
Please be informed that 7th Oct 2013 fixed for you to assume duty with TCN Abuja has been postponed till further notice. A new date shall be communicated. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused you. TCN Management
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2013
ugfunky:

Guys should really watch out for this guy. You could be misled if you keep wrong company. Money will come if we do things right. We shouldn't misplace our priorities
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Uzilla: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2013
Fritz007:
abeg my guy u dey sure of dis Coz many pple jst dey sing sheraton to my ears.....tanx

Naptin is at Sheraton. TCN is at their headquarters.

@All. I think d shift in date was out of the issues they have with govt not payin the severance monies
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Arysexy(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2013
Uzilla:

Naptin is at Sheraton. TCN is at their headquarters.

@All. I think d shift in date was out of the issues they have with govt not payin the severance monies

I don't think TCN was affected, Discos and Gencos are d ones dat that got privatised. No one knows wot this ppl are planning. God help us all.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2013
Wat my mind is telin me is, since Naptin's progrm starts 21st, d (TCN) wnt to fix d documentation btw dat period.. because they no dat many pple r nt abj base...So d want to safe us d stress of comin nw n comin again by dat tym being 21th........ Dats wat I'm thinking..... Any contrary opinion?

3 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by tos4christ: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2013
please house I did not get the message that oct.7th date has been postponed, how did they pass this across and when are we to wait till? cheers
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2013
tos4christ: please house I did not get the message that oct.7th date has been postponed, how did they pass this across and when are we to wait till? cheers
it was sent through SMS "Please be informed that 7th Oct 2013 fixed for you to
assume duty with TCN Abuja has been postponed till
further notice. A new date shall be communicated.
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this
might have caused you. TCN Management".......
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
tos4christ: please house I did not get the message that oct.7th date has been postponed, how did they pass this across and when are we to wait till? cheers

Be patient, i received mine just now.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by babyremi: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
This is not funny oº°˚˚˚°ºº°˚˚˚°
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by SolutionsGuy: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
Arysexy:

I don't think TCN was affected, Discos and Gencos are d ones dat that got privatised. No one knows wot this ppl are planning. God help us all.

National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) includes TCN staff. Meanwhile, some group had also faulted TCN recruitment though.
However, I wouldn't think there's any thing they are planning. Just hitches associated with govt things. No need to worry much shaa.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Uzilla: 8:26am On Oct 04, 2013
Any recruitment or development being made in Nigeria is always faulted by a group of people. Like a loser who felt d umpire was unfair

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by cyraxjay: 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
ogunwale01: eeeyah! just heard dis frm som1. Fed govt don come again o, after announcing they've recruited 522 young Engineers. My advice is dat u guys shld stick 2 ur present jobs, and 4 dose dt dont av any, try 2 look 4 one cos they might decide 2 reduce d nomba of Engineers 2 be employed. Fed govt is broke!

We should disregard this kind of demoralizing comment. Naptin starts by 21st and we hope to be recalled before then. No one knows what's happening but we should keep good hope. No one should come and start killing our morale. And TCN has already given us letters, if they keep us for 3 months , they must pay us everything when they recall us.
Please NO ONE SHOULD WORRY!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
ogunwale01: eeeyah! just heard dis frm som1. Fed govt don come again o, after announcing they've recruited 522 young Engineers. My advice is dat u guys shld stick 2 ur present jobs, and 4 dose dt dont av any, try 2 look 4 one cos they might decide 2 reduce d nomba of Engineers 2 be employed. Fed govt is broke!

but you are not among the successful candidates, that is why you come with this rumor...
My ppls forget about this guy , he is just a pool loser!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
did u finally get d sms from TCN?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ogunwale01: 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
LOl, u guys shld 4give me 4 d advice. Wait till further notice!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
ogunwale01: LOl, u guys shld 4give me 4 d advice. Wait till further notice!

Hmmm, i now confirm ogunale is one of the Unsuccessful candidate! Check it ur self here= www.nairaland.com/ogunwale01/posts

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (86) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.