Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:08 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (300836 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Emeth: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2013
Compliments of the season. Wishing you all the very best in the forthcoming year. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by babyremi: 4:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
Merry Xmas to you all
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
MiRaaj:

Akangba (Adelabu, Surulere) is also good and easily accessible, depending on where you are coming from. But I just hope that I'm posted to Aja, the station is relatively unique.

Bros , i was posted to aja , can you pls tell me more about the place. In addition. Do they have quarters for there staff?

If possible i need a guide to the station, i.e from Lagos to the aja station.
Thanks.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2013
Pls those who are going 4d orientation shd b feeding officer iv with in4matn throughout d 2weeks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by MiRaaj: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
agaj4life:

Bros , i was posted to aja , can you pls tell me more about the place. In addition. Do they have quarters for there staff?

If possible i need a guide to the station, i.e from Lagos to the aja station.
Thanks.

From either Obalende, CMS or any possible garage, board a bus going to Ajah. Alight at the last Bus-stop. Ask for NEPA road and you are there.

Kindly refer to my previous posts for comments about the place.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Technocrat12: 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Seasons Greetings House.! Pls any information on the kind of accommodation we r going 2 get nd how soon we wil report finally after d documentation nd orientation?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by yusufkm: 9:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
Compliments of the season house. I heard from a staff of the defunct PHCN that when one goes through NAPTIN training he/she becomes NSE & COREN certified, how true is this please?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by drucee21(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2013
yusufkm: Compliments of the season house. I heard from a staff of the defunct PHCN that when one goes through NAPTIN training he/she becomes NSE & COREN certified, how true is this please?

yes mydear it is very true, naptin recomends you to coren thats why u have to ensure that u make proper notes for defence

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2013
Good morning everybody. As we draw closer to our resumption day, I found out that it is very essential to have a secure forum PURELY FOR THE APPOINTED ENGINEERS by TCN where sincere information and technical know-how would be exchanged by the members: which some people had clamored for in the past.

Here it is, I have created the forum, but I need the house to deliberate on the modalities of accepting new members.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2013
drucee21:

yes mydear it is very true, naptin recomends you to coren thats why u have to ensure that u make proper notes for defence

......could you please elaborate better on what you meant by "notes for defence".
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 4:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
drucee21:

So surprised! It would have been very good. But what iڪ †ђξ source of ♈ōϋя info? As much as I knw, that's not †ђξ info we have. That wasn't what †ђξ Coren registrar told †ђξ set that graduated during Naptin graduation. It could only facilitate registration. That's all I knw
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by slimtriggaman: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
There is no hard or fast rule to become COREN registered, it's simple, you must have 4yrs (NYSC year inclusive i.e. 1yr nysc + 3yrs engineering practice) of engineering practice; part of your task for fulfillment of the coren certification is to defend a project you have been involved in...
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Emeth: 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
He is alive: Good morning everybody. As we draw closer to our resumption day, I found out that it is very essential to have a secure forum PURELY FOR THE APPOINTED ENGINEERS by TCN where sincere information and technical know-how would be exchanged by the members: which some people had clamored for in the past.

Here it is, I have created the forum, but I need the house to deliberate on the modalities of accepting new members.
my brother I do commend your effort in creating the forum... But nonetheless, there is no sure way of vetting individuals who are employed at TCN or not, which implies that the idea behind the creation of the forum has been defeated! The only thing I can think of that is remotely close to a solution, will involve coming up with a formula that involves NAPTIN admission as a criteria... But there is an instant hiccup, ie, reluctance to divulge personal and sensitive info.. Will love to be proved wrong sha..
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Emeth:
my brother I do commend your effort in creating the forum... But nonetheless, there is no sure way of vetting individuals who are employed at TCN or not, which implies that the idea behind the creation of the forum has been defeated! The only thing I can think of that is remotely close to a solution, will involve coming up with a formula that involves NAPTIN admission as a criteria... But there is an instant hiccup, ie, reluctance to divulge personal and sensitive info.. Will love to be proved wrong sha..

Thanks a lot Emeth. You see, I have been making research lately and I discovered that for an engineer to be successful, he/she needs to be informed.

As regard the modalities that will not affect individuals' personality, please consider these steps:

1. I will create an E-mail Account that is not traceable to me.

2. I will make the E-mail address and group/forum name available to nairalanders.

3. But the password will only be available to the members of the forum to assess the TCN appointment letter of the intending member.

4. To join the forum there are three obligations to be fulfilled:

(a) intending member will scan/snap and send his/her appointment letter to the given E-mail address.

(b) secondly, he/she will create account with linkedin (I.e if the person does not has linkedin Account) and then join the group/forum.

(c) lastly, the intending member will wait for the approval of his/her membership by older members who have the password to the E-mail Account.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Tomoarika(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2013
@HeisAlive this is a good initiative.

Emeth raised some good points esp as regards confidentiality.
I find the scanning one's admission letter a little bit uncomfortable. Why? For security reasons. What happens if the email account is hacked and the hackers have access to our details?

Also, will the group be open to all levels ie officers I-IV?

Keep fine-tuning the idea. Good job sir.

A group on LinkedIn is ok wit me.

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2013
@He is alive; create it first then any other correction/adjustment will be made to it later. Whatever shape it takes, that's what forum member will deliberate on. Thumbs Up for you!
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by tos4christ: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2013
Please who can advise on the best way τ̅☺ get τ̅☺ niger state
New bussa from ibadan, is better τ̅☺ get τ̅☺ abuja first
And then τ̅☺ niger or τ̅☺ go tru minna and then τ̅☺ naija
Yet τ̅☺ get any solid info, considering the hours required τ̅☺
Get there τ̅☺ report for accommodation. Thanks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2013
He is alive:

Thanks a lot Emeth. You see, I have been making research lately and I discovered that for an engineer to be successful, he/she needs to be informed.

As regard the modalities that will not affect individuals' personality, please consider these steps:

1. I will create an E-mail Account that is not traceable to me.

2. I will make the E-mail address and group/forum name available to nairalanders.

3. But the password will only be available to the members of the forum to assess the TCN appointment letter of the intending member.

4. To join the forum there are three obligations to be fulfilled:

(a) intending member will scan/snap and send his/her appointment letter to the given E-mail address.

(b) secondly, he/she will create account with linkedin (I.e if the person does not has linkedin Account) and then join the group/forum.

(c) lastly, the intending member will wait for the approval of his/her membership by older members who have the password to the E-mail Account.
nice one there...and another suggestion is creating a closed TCN group on Facebook that would be easier to me both to monitor and access members.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Coolie89(m): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2013
tos4christ: Please who can advise on the best way τ̅☺ get τ̅☺ niger state
where u hide since,consider urself lucky to be going from ib, a friend of mine served dere ilorin is d rendezvous point,board ib to ilorin den ilorin to newbussa shud b around 7-8hrs but cud be less.#teamkainji
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Aminumuwo(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
tos4christ: Please who can advise on the best way τ̅☺ get τ̅☺ niger state
It's beta and faster u com through Ilorin to New Bussa. Ilorin to New Bussa is at least 4hrs journey. I confidently assure you. For more info, u may giv me a call: 07036412078
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by netotse(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
He is alive: Good morning everybody. As we draw closer to our resumption day, I found out that it is very essential to have a secure forum PURELY FOR THE APPOINTED ENGINEERS by TCN where sincere information and technical know-how would be exchanged by the members: which some people had clamored for in the past.

Pardon me, are you implying that people that arent imployed by TCN dont have any information or technical knowhow you guys might find useful?

Take my advice for it, you would be better served opening a new thread on NL and naming it 'transmission engineers corner' or something...the best engineers are those that freely share knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
netotse:

Pardon me, are you implying that people that arent imployed by TCN dont have any information or technical knowhow you guys might find useful?

Take my advice for it, you would be better served opening a new thread on NL and naming it 'transmission engineers corner' or something...the best engineers are those that freely share knowledge.

Bro, this idea is not to underestimate anybody's ability! here is our challenge on this forum: we found out that this forum is too open for some miscreants to come in, feed us with false information and, as well, wish us bad.

However, what you said is right. Yes, We need help, we need someone who would guide us right i.e. an expert with wealth of knowledge. But we don't need to wait for a Messiah passing by on nairaland before our challenges would be solved as there are a lot of experts on linkedin both local and international that we can invite to our group/forum to give us the master touch. Already, I have joined some groups but the level at which the members are operating is far beyond mine.

Through this, we would create more discussions ( as we are facing challenges in our various offices) that would be of great benefits to us all. On these points, I believe our coming together under control platform with guidance of an expert would make us formidable.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tomoarika: @HeisAlive this is a good initiative.

Emeth raised some good points esp as regards confidentiality.
I find the scanning one's admission letter a little bit uncomfortable. Why? For security reasons. What happens if the email account is hacked and the hackers have access to our details?

Also, will the group be open to all levels ie officers I-IV?

Keep fine-tuning the idea. Good job sir.

A group on LinkedIn is ok wit me.

It is for all levels.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fritz007:
nice one there...and another suggestion is creating a closed TCN group on Facebook that would be easier to me both to monitor and access members.

I think linkedin is better because it is designed for professionals while Facebook is for socialization. What this implies is this, we could easily get help from experts, both local and international, on linkedin than Facebook.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Magnetron(m): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2013
Its a wonderful idea. In my opinion, linkedin is the best option. As already stated, thorny issues can be tabled on other forums or even on nairaland as netose suggested.TCN
Nairalanders can ask others to join at their respective RTCs.
#team ijora
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by IMOHS(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
oji river peeps,wer u @?

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
To join the group/forum, here are the steps to be taken:

1. Intending member will scan/snap and send his/her appointment letter to brilliantnigerian@gmail.com

2. Secondly, he/she will create account with linkedin (I.e if the person does not has linkedin Account) and then join the group named POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING (TCN)

3. Lastly, the intending member will wait for the approval of his/her membership by older members who have the password to the brilliantnigerian@gmail.com
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 7:35am On Dec 29, 2013
He is alive: To join the group/forum, here are the steps to be taken:

1. Intending member will scan/snap and send his/her appointment letter to brilliantnigerian@gmail.com

2. Secondly, he/she will create account with linkedin (I.e if the person does not has linkedin Account) and then join the group named POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING (TCN)

3. Lastly, the intending member will wait for the approval of his/her membership by older members who have the password to the brilliantnigerian@gmail.com
don't u think there will be treat to personal info as regards appointment letter.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2013
Quodragoals: don't u think there will be treat to personal info as regards appointment letter.

Bro, I don't think so as the content of the appointment letter are your names, address and reference. All we need among them all is your name and it must tally with your LinkedIn account name. You see, only members can see your appointment letter to approve your membership except you guys want me to be the sole determiner of members.

Anyway, people have started joining. I will like to remind those who have shown interest on LinkedIn without sending their appointment letter to the given mail as evidence of being TCN engineer will not be approved. Thank you.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2013
He is alive: To join the group/forum, here are the steps to be taken:

I still don't support this idea of appointment letter. In a matter of days, most pple will be in different RTCs and it wld be easy to get Email addresses. For me, for now, if its †ђξ appointment letter that will disqualify me for now, I don't mind. However, you have a very nice concept

3 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2013
Nice idea indeed. Bt a lot of things hapen in this digital age, as such i think d issue of scandin n sendin appointment letter is totaly unaceptable by me n dat automaticaly disqualify me. Can we think of somtin else apart 4rm apointment letter?

2 Likes

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 9:19am On Dec 29, 2013
Officer iv wil stil go training o o though nt by naptin. How do i knw? I cal tcn on friday d told me abt my posting,the discusn went this way,you are....,yes sir,which geopolitical zone n i said south south he said ok(some times elapse) he continues ur posted to.....region,.....work center,ur trainin center is......
I said ok sir,am gr8tful ,tank u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.