Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:00 PM

Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). - Jobs/Vacancies (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). (300835 Views)

Aluminium Smelter Company Of Nigeria (alscon) Vacancy / Amcon( Asset Mtg Company Of Nig.) Is Recruiting Fresh Graduates / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by CaptJHMiller: 10:30am On Dec 29, 2013
I don't get? Why do you guys want to seclude yourselves? Why don't you want to share info with other people? Mind you at the beginning of this thread we were all same, and had one objective, to come share ideas and gather as much information from here as possible.. as it may be some of us have been blessed and have become greedy and forgotten how they started.
I didn't apply, wasn't eligible at the time, but hoping to apply for the next batch, that's when I come here to get info, but as it seems, the human nature has taken over.
God is with us.. He that did it for you guys will do it for us. Best of luck guys

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Tomoarika(m): 11:21am On Dec 29, 2013
@He is Alive, u failed to address my point abt wat happens if the email address u provided is hacked.

Like I said I'm not comfortable with the idea of sending appointment letters to an email addy. Information security is something I take very serious.

I understand dat the privacy of the group is important because we might be exposed to sensitive info which we cannot divulge to d public.

Also different levels (officersI-IV) may be exposed to different levels of sensitive info, which was why I asked if d group wud be open to all levels.

I also think dat a new thread could be created in the (less popular) career section of nairaland (for instance "Power Transmission Engineers' corner" as someone suggested) where we could still relate wit fellow engineers and others.
Most of us are greenhorns and will need all d help we can get from pple esp d more experienced engrs arnd here.

Finally I think u shd hav continued fine-tuning d system and deliberated it here before u concluded on the rules.

All in all, it's a good initiative. Best of luck.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by agaj4life(m): 11:28am On Dec 29, 2013
Abraham581: Officer iv wil stil go training o o though nt by naptin. How do i knw? I cal tcn on friday d told me abt my posting,the discusn went this way,you are....,yes sir,which geopolitical zone n i said south south he said ok(some times elapse) he continues ur posted to.....region,.....work center,ur trainin center is......
I said ok sir,am gr8tful ,tank u.

on which day are you reporting?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by DesAutomation: 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
Abraham581: Officer iv wil stil go training o o though nt by naptin. How do i knw? I cal tcn on friday d told me abt my posting,the discusn went this way,you are....,yes sir,which geopolitical zone n i said south south he said ok(some times elapse) he continues ur posted to.....region,.....work center,ur trainin center is......
I said ok sir,am gr8tful ,tank u.

Pls wich number did u call?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
wallex1983:

I still don't support this idea of appointment letter. In a matter of days, most pple will be in different RTCs and it wld be easy to get Email addresses. For me, for now, if its †ђξ appointment letter that will disqualify me for now, I don't mind. However, you have a very nice concept

Please could you tell me possible things that someone might likely do with the appointment letter. I don't have iota of what someone can do with the appointment letter, as the members have a copy of their own, may be that is why I don't see anything wrong with it.

Please, if you have a better way to go about it make it known and if it is still the email, elaborate its feasibility.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
I don't get? Why do you guys want to seclude yourselves? Why don't you want to share info with other people? Mind you at the beginning of this thread we were all same, and had one objective, to come share ideas and gather as much information from here as possible.. as it may be some of us have been blessed and have become greedy and forgotten how they started.
I didn't apply, wasn't eligible at the time, but hoping to apply for the next batch, that's when I come here to get info, but as it seems, the human nature has taken over.
God is with us.. He that did it for you guys will do it for us. Best of luck guys

We are not completely leaving this forum. The forum we are talking of is just for the new intake.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by gsmedge: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
@araham n walex, I. Need ur advice, can I still call the number to verify where I was posted to and my. Rtc even though I got an sms? Please urgently, cos there is a big reason behind dis question
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Quodragoals(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
@He is alive; I think at our various RTC's let's try and get a rep. there from there all members will join and its this reps. that will validate each member of the forum that belongs to their RTC.

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
Tomoarika: @He is Alive, u failed to address my point abt wat happens if the email address u provided is hacked.

Like I said I'm not comfortable with the idea of sending appointment letters to an email addy. Information security is something I take very serious.

I understand dat the privacy of the group is important because we might be exposed to sensitive info which we cannot divulge to d public.

Also different levels (officersI-IV) may be exposed to different levels of sensitive info, which was why I asked if d group wud be open to all levels.

I also think dat a new thread could be created in the (less popular) career section of nairaland (for instance "Power Transmission Engineers' corner" as someone suggested) where we could still relate wit fellow engineers and others.
Most of us are greenhorns and will need all d help we can get from pple esp d more experienced engrs arnd here.

Finally I think u shd hav continued fine-tuning d system and deliberated it here before u concluded on the rules.

All in all, it's a good initiative. Best of luck.

Regards

Thanks a lot.

This is it my friend, if you take too much time in analysing a problem, you will end up in paralysis. If you take too much time in preparing to take a step you will never take that step. I think that answers why I didn't wait for too long deliberation by the house. However, it doesn't mean that I didn't give room for deliberation. The train is moving we can still add water and coal. If you have a solution, provide it and we will adopt it.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 1:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
Quodragoals: @He is alive; I think at our various RTC's let's try and get a rep. there from there all members will join and its this reps. that will validate each member of the forum that belongs to their RTC.

Quodragoals, I like your motive. I don't have any problem with a possible suggestion in as much you are ready to champion the course. Believe me, I will be part if it is going to profit us all. Plz, know that everyone will do it means nobody will do it. And again, someone will do it means everyone will not do it. Here are challenge with your suggestion:
1. Who will represent each RTC
2. How would you collate the email addresses
3. What would you do with the addresses
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Emeth: 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Hey bro that isn't our objective at all. The reason for the new forum made up of new intakes is so as to avoid mixing up issues. Issues to be discussed there will be of a totally different nature to the ones here. I'm certain that some of us will readily offer suggestions, tips and guidance whenever it is required on this forum. All the best bro...
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by esuabassey(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
"Engineering is a team work"......
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
I would like to ask this question house....its abt the acct no for the documentation, is saving acct acceptable or is it only current Pls i nid urgent answers pls..
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 9:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
Fritz007: I would like to ask this question house....its abt the acct no for the documentation, is saving acct acceptable or is it only current Pls i nid urgent answers pls..

I think its basically your choice. In my current office, I still use savings acct

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by gsmedge: 9:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
gsmedge: @araham n walex, I. Need ur advice, can I still call the number to verify where I was posted to and my. Rtc even though I got an sms? Please urgently, cos there is a big reason behind dis question
Wallex pls respond to the above question, I sent u a pm
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 12:41am On Dec 30, 2013
gsmedge:
Wallex pls respond to the above question, I sent u a pm

You can always call 2ask for whatever information you need. Provided you are humble 2dem on phone in your presentation, I'm sure you'll be attended to 10 times. I accepted ur mail, expecting you 2reply. You didn't.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Emeth: 6:55am On Dec 30, 2013
Morning guys... Please does anyone know if we would require a laptop for the training? I honestly do not want to add a laptop to my baggage for a 2 weeks stay.. Thanks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by wallex1983(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2013
Emeth: Morning guys... Please does anyone know if we would require a laptop for the training? I honestly do not want to add a laptop to my baggage for a 2 weeks stay.. Thanks

You maynot necessarily need it. But you ♍aƔ later wish you brought it. Your study book iڪ big enough 4u 2read, but †ђξ slides of ♈ōϋя facilitators will be given 2u, which you may want to refer 2. Besides, most NAPTIN RTCs ♓ανε internet facility. You may wish to enjoy that while you are there.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by KanoTCN: 8:54am On Dec 30, 2013
@Abraham, Aminu Muwo or any officer iv in the house, try and contact TCN about Our post.
When are we reporting?
Are we to undergo any kind of training?
are they responsible for our accomodation?
For how long will the Training last, if any?

We are waiting for your Response . Thanks
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 9:01am On Dec 30, 2013
4 those who ask of d numba it is d same numba dat has been displayd here overtime,d one dat ends wit 421,whn u cal pls b humble,use xpresn as sory 2disturb,tank u,i apreciate n so on n so 4th. 4dose who ask wen d postin takes efect,i didnt ask bt i tink it wil b imediatly afta 16jan. We r passin tro d back door so lets ask d most important que especialy as relatd to d txt d sent if ur nt clearified.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2013
Kano TCN: @Abraham, Aminu Muwo or any officer iv in the house, try and contact TCN about Our post.
When are we reporting?
Are we to undergo any kind of training?
are they responsible for our accomodation?
For how long will the Training last, if any?

We are waiting for your Response . Thanks
my previous coments dated dec 29 quoted by agaj4life at abt 11:28am ans some of ur questn
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by ibromanner(m): 12:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
What's going on here?

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Aminumuwo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jst gathered dat there won't be any training 4 us (officer IV, mechanical and civil engrs) prior 2 assumption of duty. We shall be posted 2 our various W/centres on d 16th of Jan 2014. I so submit.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Emeth: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
wallex1983:

You maynot necessarily need it. But you ♍aƔ later wish you brought it. Your study book iڪ big enough 4u 2read, but †ђξ slides of ♈ōϋя facilitators will be given 2u, which you may want to refer 2. Besides, most NAPTIN RTCs ♓ανε internet facility. You may wish to enjoy that while you are there.

I hope this helps
Thanks bro. You have helped me immeasurably. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Electmike: 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
wallex1983:

I still don't support this idea of appointment letter. In a matter of days, most pple will be in different RTCs and it wld be easy to get Email addresses. For me, for now, if its †ђξ appointment letter that will disqualify me for now, I don't mind. However, you have a very nice concept
wallex1983:

wallex1983:

i dont think appointment letter is important
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
pls is any one in the house around zaria Pls if any can u kindly help me get the eco bank sort code for zaria branch, not in zaria any more bt still using d acct..tanx
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Heisalive: 8:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fritz007: pls is any one in the house around zaria Pls if any can u kindly help me get the eco bank sort code for zaria branch, not in zaria any more bt still using d acct..tanx

You can get ecobank, Zaria sort code from any ecobank branch.
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Technocrat12: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Any idea of d accommodation yet?
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Fritz007(m): 6:12am On Dec 31, 2013
[quote author=He is alive]

You can get ecobank, Zaria sort code from any ecobank branch. [/quote

kk tanx
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 7:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Chai 123456....16 slow n steady
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Abraham581: 9:38am On Dec 31, 2013
Now Time 4busines
now tcn is in 4busines
now no 4ther postponment
now we are receivin confirmatory sms
now nobody criticizes tcn
now we luv tcn. Dats d end of my NOW POEM
Re: Transmission company of Nigeria (TCN). by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2013
I have receive my confirmation sms but my place of orientation is changed from Abuja to Kaduna. Is there anyone who receive such?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (86) (Reply)

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.