Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,193 members, 7,891,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:36 AM

Is Your Parents A Busybody - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Your Parents A Busybody (1880 Views)

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. / A Must Watch For All Parents (a-nanny-from-hell-abusing-a-little-baby)-video / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Parents A Busybody by SeanT21(f): 10:24pm On Mar 31, 2008
wink
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by Ndipe(m): 12:07am On Apr 01, 2008
Why would you expect anybody to come on a public forum and pan their parents?

1 Like

Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by ifyalways(f): 10:16am On Apr 01, 2008
rofl
@Kean,you prolly gave her reasons to do so and moreso maybe you guys have not been togeda long enough to know each other well so busybody is not the right word,shes just be concerned,lol most parents do anyway.
@topic,my mum doesnt fret over little things sha.if i decide to tell her fine,if not she wud observe and look the other way tongue funny enough i always do come back to her for consultations and help.sweeeeeeeeet mama kiss
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by almondjoy(f): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2008
@Topic

Parents tend to solve every problem communually. It is just their nature to do so because they never understood much about privacy. I would be disgusted too. I just let them know how I feel and explain to them how hurt and disappointed I am in their poor judgement in handling my affairs.

Thank heavens as adults the have come to understand that topics about their children are off limits to other family members. . .especially the extended group of family members.

At least your mom apologized. Hopefully she will not do it again. Such things can really hurt, especially if they serve as breakfast and tales by moonlight bed time stories for other extended family members.

Just communicate how you feel nicely to them and let them understand how you feel about such things. Communication is always the key!
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by bluehorizo(m): 6:30pm On Apr 01, 2008
@poster

Are you in that situation? if so it is better for you to let them realize that you are at ease with their ways? Which of them is a busybody or both?
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by SeanT21(f): 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2008
at bluehoriza

my mother is the busybody. I dont know my father. I only know my stepfather.
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by bluehorizo(m): 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2008
You need to sit her down and tell her the honest truth.Make her understand how you feel and i am sure she will change for better because she will not want to hurt you with her habits. I think she will change if you can talk to her about it.
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by Nobody: 1:45am On Apr 02, 2008
i dnt think my mom has ever ever asked me if i was pregnant. . .she only did it jokingly when i went from size 2 to 4 in a month grin. . .my mom knows me enough to know am not crazy enough to get pregnant without a husband. no, not even mistakenly. I've witnessed what that "mistake" is like, dnt think i want to go through that with an innocent baby. am not saying am perfect, am just saying that i know right from wrong, i know fire from sunflowers.

my mom is not a busy body, never asked me personal questions like that. . . often times, its scary how she trusts me and how she demands i must make a brighter future for myself.

I love you mommy!!
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 02, 2008
moms are busy bodies,that's in their DNA.
They do it mainly because they care
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by TheSly: 2:06am On Apr 02, 2008
Is Your Parents A Busybody
Its the other way around. . .
I am the busy-body in the house. . . . . embarassed

I was tired. . . . .too many complaints but its all good. . . . . . . cool
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by iice(f): 2:25am On Apr 02, 2008
@Topic
Not really. . Sometimes they want to know whats up and when it gets too much, they take the hint we give them and stop.
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 02, 2008
nwando:

moms are busy bodies,that's in their DNA.
They do it mainly because they care
not all mom pertains in the busybody system as a way of showing they care o
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by jkpretty(f): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2008
Nah! She's tired of suspecting, so she queries. That's not busybody.
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by Busybody2(f): 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2010
shocked shocked shocked Ha, this topic is deffo about Busybody20 and Jennykadri's Busi_body, not mine cheesy
Re: Is Your Parents A Busybody by tpiar: 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2016
dunno, really.

I should think about it.

but then, all these busybodies on nairaland nko?

(1) (Reply)

Should Parents Choose The Spouse Of Their Children? / What Will You Do? / Wedding Planning List Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.