Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,851 members, 7,952,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. (24048 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by slimyem: 1:25am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Culture/identity is above fashion and protection ...so whats you saying ...why don''t you blame the parents who perm their children's hair?
What's the need for that unnecessary identity?Isn't identity what traditional names are for?Isn't there also language to take care of culture and identity? Is the child being sold into slavery of what?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 04, 2013
slimyem: What's the need for that unnecessary identity?Isn't identity what traditional names are for?Isn't there also language to take care of culture and identity? Is the child being sold into slavery of what?
Culture/identity has many representations: physical and spiritual. You don't select what you take in your culture..you take everything .. language, tribal marks, religion,marriage,rituals etc...none is better they all need to be put together to make who you are ....A Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 04, 2013
slimyem: What's the need for that unnecessary identity ?Isn't identity what traditional names are for?Isn't there also language to take care of culture and identity? Is the child being sold into slavery of what?
you have serious self esteem issues ahaha..
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2013
Yorubas and their faces

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2013
Yorubas branding their babies and rubbing dirt on it
We are in 2013
Any kid younger than 18 with tribal marks should elicit an automatic arrest for their parents and grandparents till the evil perpetrator is identified amongst them and dealt with

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2013
Tribal marks 101
By their faces you shall know them grin
By the direction and orientation of the quadratic equations,they shall be identified

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
Looking at those images makes me wanna send those holding the little kid down for such painful stuff to Afghanistan
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Face painting is not same as someone marking your face, face-painting is not permanent and it is all for fun, kids are happy and jump to have face painted . . . unlike seeing a knife running thru the skin of their face . . .

this is done once in the lifetime. It is just a 2-day ordeal. that 2 at the infant stage, the pain hardly matters. also with new technology, all those cowards who are scared can use anesthesia. the human life-span is around 27,375 or even more.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

this is done once in the lifetime. It is just a 2-day ordeal. that 2 at the infant stage, the pain hardly matters. also with new technology, all those cowards who are scared can use anesthesia. the human life-span is around 27,375 or even more.

So you are happy to see that little kid crying all cos you wanna continue some culture that probably leading nowhere . . . Tell me the significance of that mark on the face of that child.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

A parent that allows tribal mark on her child and watch them crying being knifed for sure have no clue of what is best for the kids . . . the tribal mark is not for fashion, not for protection - what exactly is it for than for the price of the parents?

stop trying to exaggerate and be over sentimental. KNIFED! lol it is as if the parents are driving dagers into the children and murdering them. just get lost and mind your own business.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So you are happy to see that little kid crying all cos you wanna continue some culture that probably leading nowhere . . . Tell me the significance of that mark on the face of that child.

I already said that all those cowards who are scared can use anesthesia. you live in 2013 yes? so make use of 2013 technology.

I have already mentioned the significance before. stop wasting my time. The significance depends on the respective tribe, gender , age, etc.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

stop trying to exaggerate and be over sentimental. KNIFED! lol it is as if the parents are driving dagers into the children and murdering them. just get lost and mind your own business.

Yes, that is what is looks like, we saw the pix up there and how they were designing the face of that little kid . . . Lemme ask you again, what is that black substance that is being rubbed on that face?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
slimyem: What's the need for that unnecessary identity?Isn't identity what traditional names are for?Isn't there also language to take care of culture and identity? Is the child being sold into slavery of what?

all these things , as Cameroon brother, said, together constitue the identity. you cant keep dropping 1 by 1 all of these and eventually lose everything.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I already said that all those cowards who are scared can use anesthesia. you live in 2013 yes? so make use of 2013 technology.

I have already mentioned the significance before. stop wasting my time. The significance depends on the respective tribe, gender , age, etc.

Now you see what i mean . . . . So you have 10 numbers of 1 year old to be marked, how do you decide who gets what and designs?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
nwando: Yorubas and their faces

Beautiful people! especially the 1st and last pic! cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Beautiful people! especially the 1st and last pic! cool

You probably need glasses to know what beauty is all about, yes, that person is beautiful but your and your people messed up the face with knife and black stuff . . . tongue shocked
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Yes, that is what is looks like, we saw the pix up there and how they were designing the face of that little kid . . . Lemme ask you again, what is that black substance that is being rubbed on that face?

its a little baby by the GODS! it is not dying! and the small child below with the done marks. the 3_3 he looks so good. The Gods bless him.

That is ash-like substance. It is used as an antiseptic and to smooth the skin for the marking, to reduce friction I guess, usually along with alcohol.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Now you see what i mean . . . . So you have 10 numbers of 1 year old to be marked, how do you decide who gets what and designs?

I said it depends on your respective tribe and custom! usually most marks are small. People of royallty and priestly orders and warriors and those working for royal families as courtiers, musicians,etc., usualy have more marks and more intricate designs.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

its a little baby by the GODS! it is not dying! and the small child below with the done marks. the 3_3 he looks so good. The Gods bless him.

That is ash-like substance. It is used as an antiseptic and to smooth the skin for the marking, to reduce friction I guess, usually along with alcohol.

So you all playing trial and error with the face of the kid . . . cry cry cry cry
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I said it depends on your respective tribe and custom! usually most marks are small. People of royallty and priestly orders and warriors and those working for royal families as courtiers, musicians,etc., usualy have more marks and more intricate designs.

You are yet to answer my question, they are all of same tribe, they are all of same custom . . . how would they decide what design to place on the face of the cute child?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So you all playing trial and error with the face of the kid . . . cry cry cry cry

are you st.upid? no i am serious btw. are you st.upid?

I said I guess because Im not the one doing the marks with my hands. but Im sure thats the purpose.

the ash is washed off.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You are yet to answer my question, they are all of same tribe, they are all of same custom . . . how would they decide what design to place on the face of the cute child?

usually each tribe has a common standard beautiful marking set. For example, all Nuer people have the same set of 6 line markings on the forehead. however if you are the last born child, you have a 7 th extra marking.

The beautiful markings on that child are the most common ones used by civilians.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

are you st.upid? no i am serious btw. are you st.upid?

I said I guess because Im not the one doing the marks with my hands. but Im sure thats the purpose.

the ash is washed off.

Yes, i am stupid and that is why i wanna learn from you that is wise . . . tongue
You cut the face of a child, you add ashes to it, and then washes it, tell me what is sensible in that . . . . Then, you are telling me you are not the one that is doing the cutting but you have been lecturing us for days, so how could you lecture us on what yu are not sure of?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

usually each tribe has a common standard beautiful marking set. For example, all Nuer people have the same set of 6 line markings on the forehead. however if you are the last born child, you have a 7 th extra marking.

The beautiful markings on that child are the most common ones used by civilians.

Keep the lecturing coming . . . And if it is a home that decide to have a football team, that means the last child will have 11 marking on his forehead.
What is any of the child die, would they remove one from the each of those that are after the dead one?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Keep the lecturing coming . . . And if it is a home that decide to have a football team, that means the last child will have 11 marking on his forehead.
What is any of the child die, would they remove one from the each of those that are after the dead one?

YOU ST.UPID MAN! STOP WASTING MY TIME! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! WHY WOULD A TRIBAL MARKINGINVOLVE A FOOTBALL TEAM! THESE ARE SET MARKINGS DEFINED BY TRADITION! angry angry angry angry angry

YOU CANT JUST HAVE ANY RANDOM MARKINGS! THOSE DONT CALSSIFY AS TRIBAL MARKS! angry angry angry angry

JUST GET LOST AND STOP WASTING MY TIME! THE ONLY REASON I STILL REPLY TO YOU IS TO FIGHT FOR MY CULTURE! angry

OR ELSE I WOULD JUST DISMISS YOUR NONSENE RANTS!
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

YOU ST.UPID MAN! STOP WASTING MY TIME! THIS IS NOT A JOKE! WHY WOULD A TRIBAL MARKINGINVOLVE A FOOTBALL TEAM! THESE ARE SET MARKINGS DEFINED BY TRADITION! angry angry angry angry angry

YOU CANT JUST HAVE ANY RANDOM MARKINGS! THOSE DONT CALSSIFY AS TRIBAL MARKS! angry angry angry angry

JUST GET LOST AND STOP WASTING MY TIME! THE ONLY REASON I STILL REPLY TO YOU IS TO FIGHT FOR MY CULTURE! angry

OR ELSE I WOULD JUST DISMISS YOUR NONSENE RANTS!

Na wa for you oh . . . Why do u keep repeating same over and over, i have agreed that i "was" stupid . . . so wise one, read what i said earlier and just answer about the football team.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Na wa for you oh . . . Why do u keep repeating same over and over, i have agreed that i "was" stupid . . . so wise one, read what i said earlier and just answer about the football team.

your questions are getting more childlike by every post! I answered, are you happy now?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

your questions are getting more childlike by every post! I answered, are you happy now?

Ok, i noticed you read what i posted with anger, so make i re-ask you . . . Based on your description of how many mark on the face of kids based on what number that child is on list of kids had . . . if the family has 11 kids, that means the last child will have 11 marks on his forehead? God forbid something happen to the 3rd child, does that means that 4th kid all the way to the last will be re-marked to show the new number in the family?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ok, i noticed you read what i posted with anger, so make i re-ask you . . . Based on your description of how many mark on the face of kids based on what number that child is on list of kids had . . . if the family has 11 kids, that means the last child will have 11 marks on his forehead? God forbid something happen to the 3rd child, does that means that 4th kid all the way to the last will be re-marked to show the new number in the family?

which tribe has this custom of marking based on the number of children, pray tell me?

The only tribe that does something similar (not same) are the Nuer. they have a fixed set of six markings, but the last child, whatever the number, whether he is 2nd or 100 th, will have only 7 markings on the forehead.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

which tribe has this custom of marking based on the number of children, pray tell me?

The only tribe that does something similar (not same) are the Nuer. they have a fixed set of six markings, but the last child, whatever the number, whether he is 2nd or 100 th, will have only 7 markings on the forehead.

That was your comment . . . .
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

OK, now i understand what you mean . . . thanks
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

OK, now i understand what you mean . . . thanks

ok you are welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Neighbor's Child Is Disrespecting Me. How Do I React? / Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / Life For A Woman After A Divorce....

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.