Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,851 members, 7,952,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. (24048 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:46am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

So what are you doing on the un"real" world trying to justify wickedness . . . . tongue

dude shut up! you and your wickedness.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:47am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Why u come dey get angry now . . . I thought you be my friend and we were having fun.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 12:48am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: I just show that pix up there to my daughter and she started to cry and asking why would i have to show her something that scary and yet you are telling me that it is something of pride? grin tongue
stop lying to make a point undecided undecided show us your "markless" faces , we want to see what we are missing ..i still don't get our tibal marks make someone ugly
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by slimyem: 12:48am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

MY GODS! HORROR! shocked shocked shocked shocked

shame on you. Ive defended your people all this long. truly you are such a let dovn. sad
Shame for what?
A large percentage of my people have abolished the practice.Educate your people and start a movement against the nonsense!!!
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:49am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

OK, Pele has anyone ever got infected in the process of marking the face?
With all the HIV now, how do u guys take care of the knife or razor being used for the act to make sure it is not contaminated
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:50am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: stop lying to make a point undecided undecided show us your "markless" faces , we want to see what we are missing ..i still don't get our tibal marks make someone ugly

Honestly i dont lie on Wednesday . . . For real! tongue
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:51am On Apr 04, 2013
slimyem: Shame for what?
A large percentage of my people have abolished the practice.Educate your people and start a movement against the nonsense!!!

Nonsense! It may be so but its not so large as you think. Many of my Yoruba friends have the smaller mark. the 1-1 on each cheek.

HECK NO! My people will continue with it. Infact I shall start a campaign soon to promote the aesthetics of tribal marks. I hope this trend soon catches up across Nigeria.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 04, 2013
slimyem: Shame for what?
i doubt that
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Honestly i dont lie on Wednesday . . . For real! tongue
really? tell me more
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:52am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

OK, Pele has anyone ever got infected in the process of marking the face?
With all the HIV now, how do u guys take care of the knife or razor being used for the act to make sure it is not contaminated

the same way your barber disinfects the razor when shaving.

we use Alcohol, ash and heated blade.

but on this point I agree we must change the blade. In the past it was not done much bcause the risk of HIV was less/non-existent.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:53am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Nonsense! It may be so but its not so large as you think. Many of my Yoruba friends have the smaller mark. the 1-1 on each cheek.

HECK NO! My people will continue with it. Infact I shall start a campaign soon to promotoe the aesthetics of tribal marks. I hope this trend soon catches up across Nigeria.

I know some of those are done not cos of tribal but cos of some other reasons, cos i remember while i was younger, one classmate was given such mark so that he wont die again, at least that is what they blv, stuff like that i wont go against it or talk about it, but a child that did you no wrong being marked horribly is wickedness.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:54am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I know some of those are done not cos of tribal but cos of some other reasons, cos i remember while i was younger, one classmate was given such mark so that he wont die again, at least that is what they blv, stuff like that i wont go against it or talk about it, but a child that did you no wrong being marked horribly is wickedness.

That is called Cauterisation. Some marks are used as Spiritual remedies. btw dont think its just a Yoruba thing. Its done by tribes across the world. these marks are usually very small and located near the chin.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:54am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

the same way your barber disinfects the razor when shaving.

we use Alcohol, ash and heated blade.

but on this point I agree we must change the blade. In the past it was not done much bcause the risk of HIV was less/non-existent.

What is the correlation between your culture and sterilizing equipment, where do backward acts and smartness meets?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:55am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

That is called Cauterisation. Some marks are used as Spiritual remedies. btw dont think its just a Yoruba thing. Its done by tribes across the world.

Like i said, that one, i wont go against it cos that is some religious blv that i have to respect . . . yes it is done all over the world based on blvs.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:56am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

What is the correlation between your culture and sterilizing equipment, where do backward acts and smartness meets?

1) Its not a backward act. Its a Cultural Act.

2) Why not? for e.g, Pagan religions are always open to innovation. ofcourse this is more of a cultural issue.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 12:57am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

1) Its not a backward act. Its a Cultural Act.

2) Why not? for e.g, Pagan religions are always open to innovation. ofcourse this is more of a cultural issue.

Then, is time for that religion to be open to what makes kids smile and not the one that made them scare themselves at the sight of a mirror
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:58am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Then, is time for that religion to be open to what makes kids smile and not the one that made them scare themselves at the sight of a mirror

Kids would smile even with their marks. children like face paint. cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by slimyem: 12:58am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

HECK NO! My people will continue with it. Infact I shall start a campaign soon to promote the aesthetics of tribal marks. I hope this trend soon catches up across Nigeria.
Your yoruba friends are probably in their twenties or thirties which means they were marked when it was still a common practice.
You'll hardly find a five-year old or a 2013 yoruba child marked today.We are leaving you behind!tongue
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:59am On Apr 04, 2013
slimyem: Your yoruba friends are probably in their twenties or thirties which means they were marked when it was still a common practice.
You'll hardly find a five-year old or a 2013 yoruba child marked today.We are leaving you behind!tongue

ofcourse we will. especially so in the villages. and most Yorubas do live in villages/towns.

and btw, you cant possibly expect me to keep a 5-yr old/2013 as a friend, can you
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:00am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Kids would smile even with their marks. children like face paint. cool

Face painting is not same as someone marking your face, face-painting is not permanent and it is all for fun, kids are happy and jump to have face painted . . . unlike seeing a knife running thru the skin of their face . . .
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Face painting is not same as someone marking your face, face-painting is not permanent and it is all for fun, kids are happy and jump to have face painted . . . [b]unlike seeing a knife running thru the skin of their face
they love it , real talk
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:04am On Apr 04, 2013
Pagan, where are you based and what kinda work do you do, do you kids go to private schools or public schools and what is the % of kids with such marks on their faces ?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:05am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: they love it , real talk

I know you just having fun . . . so keep your fun going at the expense of pagan_branding cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I know you just having fun . . . so keep your fun going at the expense of pagan_branding cool
i have tribal marks ,tho it's not on my face ...and i was very excited when i got them ... tongue tongue
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i have tribal marks ,tho it's not on my face ...and i was very excited when i got them ... tongue tongue

I am sure what you have is what is called Tattoo, probably drawing of African map . . cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by slimyem: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ofcourse we will. especially so in the villages. and most Yorubas do live in villages/towns.
Why make this about yorubas?Isn't it just normal to assume that the largest concentration of a people would be at their origin.I live in the village btw and I know firsthand the practise is fading.

and btw, you cant possibly expect me to keep a 5-yr old/2013 as a friend, can you
I was only opposing you using your friends' example as a basis for my point.It doesn't hold as this is about 2013 not the 80s or 70s.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am sure what you have is what is called Tattoo, probably drawing of African map . . cool
i don't do tatooos..sorry i have protection/medicinal marks cool cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:11am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i don't do tatooos..sorry i have protection/medicinal marks cool cool

OK, what you have on you was based on your decision to be protected by what you blv in and that is in no way close to marking the face of a little kid all in the name of culture and want to give that child an identity . . . Lol
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

OK, what you have on you was based on your decision to be protected by what you blv in and that is in no way close to marking the face of a little kid all in the name of culture and want to give that child an identity . . . Lol
parents know what's good for their kids....and tribal marks are harmless
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:15am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: parents know what's good for their kids....and tribal marks are harmless

A parent that allows tribal mark on her child and watch them crying being knifed for sure have no clue of what is best for the kids . . . the tribal mark is not for fashion, not for protection - what exactly is it for than for the price of the parents?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Fhemmmy:

A parent that allows tribal mark on her child and watch them crying being knifed for sure have no clue of what is best for the kids . . . the tribal mark is not for fashion, not for protection - what exactly is it for than for the price of the parents?
Culture/identity is above fashion and protection ...so whats you saying ...why don''t you blame the parents who perm their children's hair?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Fhemmmy: 1:23am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Culture/identity is above fashion and protection ...so whats you saying ...why don''t you blame the parents who perm their children's hair?

As long as that thing is not permanent, i can forgive that. . . . perming the hair of a little kid, i am not in support of that as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Neighbor's Child Is Disrespecting Me. How Do I React? / Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / Life For A Woman After A Divorce....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.