Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,942 members, 7,873,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1174927 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 7:00am On Dec 28, 2013
Bigpiper: Compliments of the season guys. How do I use glo bis on Z10. I mean how to subscribe (codes). Airtel has been acting funny in my home zone. Thanks y'll.

Hello dear,it's stil saying I have the latest software
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2013
kodeya: Pls guys, help me out.

I am planning to buy a Q10, and I am using a Blackberry tour with an active Glo comonth plan. I want to know if it will work on the Q10, and if all options (BBM, email, internet) will all work.

Plus why is BB10 data plan so expensive? Is their any benefit over the normal BIS.

Thanks.... So much....

Everything works. Just put your glo sim and you're good to go

Don't worry about BlackBerry 10 plans, there's no extra benefit
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2013
kodeya: Pls guys, help me out.

I am planning to buy a Q10, and I am using a Blackberry tour with an active Glo comonth plan. I want to know if it will work on the Q10, and if all options (BBM, email, internet) will all work.

Plus why is BB10 data plan so expensive? Is their any benefit over the normal BIS.

Thanks.... So much....

Yes it'l work on ur Q10. As for y d expensive bb10 plans, U'r asking d wrong set of people. Call doz networks and ask dem
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Tuneday01(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2013
Walcom pls add me......pin:2B6B745E
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2013
walcolm: Unless you're into astrology, you're just supposed to know what stars are above where you are and as you turn around in 360'
Oh I see! Was thinking I could view real stars using the app, kinda like the telescope cheesy embarassed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kodeya(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2013
walcolm:

Everything works. Just put your glo sim and you're good to go

Don't worry about BlackBerry 10 plans, there's no extra benefit

Thanks a bunch
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:59am On Dec 28, 2013
anitank:
Oh I see! Was thinking I could view real stars using the app, kinda like the telescope cheesy embarassed

Actually you're viewing the stars already picked out and named for you something close to what augmented reality offers on ground.

The stars you see are real and their locations are quite accurate but the developers go the extra step to tell you what you're seeing

If you used a telescope, you'll probably see something but you most likely won't know what you're looking at
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2013
Tuneday01: Walcom pls add me......pin:2B6B745E

Is there something you need me to help you with ?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2013
walcolm:

Actually you're viewing the stars already picked out and named for you something close to what augmented reality offers on ground.

The stars you see are real and their locations are quite accurate but the developers go the extra step to tell you what you're seeing

If you used a telescope, you'll probably see something but you most likely won't know what you're looking at
I get what you're saying but I doubt if the stars showing in the app are real, like real life ones.

I mean u're not supposed to see anything till u maybe place your phone upwards and towards the sky at night. But it's not so in this case. It's like an astrological dictionary or an encyclopedia where everything is already mapped out and labelled so you know what you're looking at just for when you see the real thing.

Not exactly what I was looking forward to but still ok. I honestly wondered how I could possibly view stars at night using a device as tiny as a phone smiley
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2013
Astrology will ruin your life. Hw can someone look @ stars and tell me my future wen he ain't God? Abeg o.....better live ur life as it comes everyday and forget astrology. b4 u tryin becomin what u'r not *singing**
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:46am On Dec 28, 2013
Your BlackBerry is not the one doing the job. The app is like an interface to servers connected to the telescope.

At every point in time, there are stars above you that could be seen if you had really huge telescopes connected to powerful computers.

The app developers have access to those types of telescope and that is what they pull to your device if you buy the app

So the stars you see are real but it's not your phone that's doing the work of searching them out...your BlackBerry only provides gps coordinates that the servers use in showing you the right stars above that position
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2013
donaemeka: Astrology will ruin your life. Hw can someone look @ stars and tell me my future wen he ain't God? Abeg o.....better live ur life as it comes everyday and forget astrology. b4 u tryin becomin what u'r not *singing**
Still..having the knowledge about a thing or two outside ur comfort zone won't hurt tongue

I am a very curious person naturally so it has nothing to do with wanting to know my future smiley
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2013
walcolm: Your BlackBerry is not the one doing the job. The app is like an interface to servers connected to the telescope.

At every point in time, there are stars above you that could be seen if you had really huge telescopes connected to powerful computers.

The app developers have access to those types of telescope and that is what they pull to your device if you buy the app

So the stars you see are real but it's not your phone that's doing the work of searching them out...your BlackBerry only provides gps coordinates that the servers use in showing you the right stars above that position
Ok big daddy cool
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ataime(f): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
cupid4ig: I wonder if u tried this out b4 posting this here. Pls stop discouraging people in things u are not so sure of. Smh
cupid4ig: I wonder if u tried this out b4 posting this here. Pls stop discouraging people in things u are not so sure of. Smh
I have been trying to subscribe for MTN 1k on my Q10 since 24th but its not working I called over 10 customer agents and even went to their walk in centree yet no solution.
I eventuall called a customer care who opened up that their server or sthng is down that I should give them some time they would reslve the ish; as at 6pm yesterday it wasnt working I had to do airtel weekly hoping they would resolve their ish soon.
So please be wise and careful
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by GCFR696(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
cupid4ig: Mtn normal bis now works with bb10 devices (at least for now)
Besides u I don't seem to read any other positive testimonies, no offence.
And yes, I tried it and it did nt work
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by donaemeka(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
ataime:
I have been trying to subscribe for MTN 1k on my Q10 since 24th but its not working I called over 10 customer agents and even went to their walk in centree yet no solution.
I eventuall called a customer care who opened up that their server or sthng is down that I should give them some time they would reslve the ish; as at 6pm yesterday it wasnt working I had to do airtel weekly hoping they would resolve their ish soon.
So please be wise and careful

I dnt undastnd dis. Did they collect d 1k and it didn't work, or U'r tryin to subscribe and it's not working?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by serty1: 3:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
I travelled to the united states...and my Q10 updated my time to eastern time but to my surprise it's stil showing Nigeria flag @ d logo but showing the exact time in atlanta anybody who knows aw I can flip the 9ja logo tin off...thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by oseiwe(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
serty1: I travelled to the united states...and my Q10 updated my time to eastern time but to my surprise it's stil showing Nigeria flag @ d logo but showing the exact time in atlanta anybody who knows aw I can flip the 9ja logo tin off...thanks
Just like comedian elenu said, na only wen nigerians travel abroad them dey activate location on their social networks.
It is supposed to change within d week sha, I don't knw hw mine happened sha but twas lyk dis.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by nani667: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
serty1: I travelled to the united states...and my Q10 updated my time to eastern time but to my surprise it's stil showing Nigeria flag @ d logo but showing the exact time in atlanta anybody who knows aw I can flip the 9ja logo tin off...thanks

LOL...Na so you hate ya country reach....? people no get joy sha
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by serty1: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mind u am on a dual citizenship....am gud with it in 9ja but wen am out am out......can some1 help me
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
walcolm: post a screen shot of what u see....oh btw, to capture a screenshot in BB10, you press the Vol +/- together...
does dis work for Q5, and pls do u hav an idea as to how to add to ur Mb on etisalat for BB10 fones
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
it works on all BB10 devices...theres no way to add to your data on etisalat...you can however have BB10 data plan and a regular data plan running side by side...your BB10 device can use both without any problem
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
serty1: Mind u am on a dual citizenship....am gud with it in 9ja but wen am out am out......can some1 help me

it might correct itself or it might not....the device detects the time from your network to set your time but the flag shown most times is that of the country language you used at the time you set up the phone

i typically use US English to set up my phone so the US flag always shows in BBM but the time is WAT
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ruz(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
I have some queries, @wacolm, I use a z30, can't seem to find a good bb10 plan, does bis still work on Etisalat or mtn, or airtel, how do I go about it? Secondly battery life isn't as good as expected, does d latest update leak 1925 improve this? Thanks.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
I use a z30 too and I don't use BlackBerry 10 plan. I use glo or airtel bis depending on my mood

My battery life has been beyond fantastic. Just a few minutes ago I realized I have not restarted the phone since I got it almost two weeks ago

I typically charge it overnight and usually still have plenty of juice by the time I get home

The advise I always give for smartphones is for people to avoid depleting the battery to the point of making the phone switch itself off...it shortens battery life if you let that happen irrespective of which platform or brand of phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ruz(m): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
So what OS do you have running on your device? What's new about the new leaks?
walcolm: I use a z30 too and I don't use BlackBerry 10 plan. I use glo or airtel bis depending on my mood

My battery life has been beyond fantastic. Just a few minutes ago I realized I have not restarted the phone since I got it almost two weeks ago

I typically charge it overnight and usually still have plenty of juice by the time I get home

The advise I always give for smartphones is for people to avoid depleting the battery to the point of making the phone switch itself off...it shortens battery life if you let that happen irrespective of which platform or brand of phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
10.2.0.1803...the latest official OS version

i have the latest leak on my z10 and the new feature set are fantastic...check some of the earlier posts you will see the complete list of the features
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
plz guys in ur opinion wotz the cheapest monthly etisalat bb10 plan? (to be used on a z10 tho + with @least 1gb) in other words, can d normal 1k or 1.5k bis be used here?
cc: walcolm, don and other sabi guys & babes
thankz
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Etisalat bis doesn't work on BlackBerry 10 devices

You have to get the BlackBerry 10 plan. Check their site for the cost and data cap

Note that etisalat sim will run data on a pay as you go rate if you don't have or run out of a data plan so long as you have credit on your line

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2013
walcolm:

You need wifi if you want to update directly from the phone or a pc with Internet connection if you want to use BlackBerry link

Go to settings, software update and check for the available update

Hi,it's stil showing me that I have the latest software
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kodeya(m): 11:36am On Dec 29, 2013
Hi guys,

Pls, I dunno if all the info's including the groups on my whats app will update on my new Q10 using the blackberry pc app.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2013
How whatsapp works is not up to BlackBerry.

Whatsapp uses mobile numbers to populate your whatsapp friends list and you can't copy conversation history from one phone to another in whatsapp

I don't use whatsapp group so I don't know if your groups will come back or you have to rejoin them

If you have the whatsapp app installed on your BlackBerry 10 at the time you do the switch, it might be possible that your settings will copy across and your groups will be preserved

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.