Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,631 members, 7,901,938 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:58 PM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1180218 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2013
Peggysally:

Hi,it's stil showing me that I have the latest software

What OS Version do you say you currently have ?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
walcolm: Etisalat bis doesn't work on BlackBerry 10 devices

You have to get the BlackBerry 10 plan. Check their site for the cost and data cap

Note that etisalat sim will run data on a pay as you go rate if you don't have or run out of a data plan so long as you have credit on your line
tnx boss ;(
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nuzo1(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Good day people.

1. I can't download music with a z10.

2. I also noticed that my incoming calls do not roam while I'm on the phone with another caller.

3. The notes I made in my previous BlackBerry are not showing in the z10. Does it have different format for notepad or z10 doesn't have it at all.

Help please.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by gykes(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2013
walcolm:

it might correct itself or it might not....the device detects the time from your network to set your time but the flag shown most times is that of the country language you used at the time you set up the phone

i typically use US English to set up my phone so the US flag always shows in BBM but the time is WAT

You are wrong man, the flag is from your network carrier. If you are using MTN-NG, be sure to get a Nigeria flag.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2013
walcolm:

What OS Version do you say you currently have ?

It's 10.1.0.4189
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
There's definitely a newer OS than that.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
gykes:

You are wrong man, the flag is from your network carrier. If you are using MTN-NG, be sure to get a Nigeria flag.

You should refrain from saying people are wrong. Nobody knows it all...see attached

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nuzo':
Good day people.

1. I can't download music with a z10.

2. I also noticed that my incoming calls do not roam while I'm on the phone with another caller.

3. The notes I made in my previous BlackBerry are not showing in the z10. Does it have different format for notepad or z10 doesn't have it at all.

Help please.

Yes you can download music, you're just not doing it right. To download music, rather than tap the link to the music file touch it and hold until some icons come out from the right hand side. One of them is to download

2. What you're talking about is call waiting. IT has nothing to do with the phone. You have to set up call waiting on the sim and it will work irrespective of the phone

3. Yes the memo app doesn't exist in bb10. It has been replaced by REMEMBER and for the early adopters of BlackBerry 10, we could not get the notes from bb7 to copy over to the remember app on bb10. If you're a new bb10 user and you used BlackBerry link to do your device switch, it's possible your notes are in that app
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by iamteekaygal(f): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
serty1: I travelled to the united states...and my Q10 updated my time to eastern time but to my surprise it's stil showing Nigeria flag @ d logo but showing the exact time in atlanta anybody who knows aw I can flip the 9ja logo tin off...thanks

Same thing is happening to my phone. I'm in Canada but my phone still shows Nigeria's flag. When I arrived at the airport it was Canada flag that was there, but I unfortunately off my location. When I put it on later it was Nigeria that came up but Canada 's time. Its been a month now I arrived here and it's still the same.

@Walcolm please is there a way to resolve this? Thanks in advance
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Peggysally: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
walcolm: There's definitely a newer OS than that.

Plz how do I update to the new version cos anytime I check for the latest software it shows dat I hve the latest software which is 10.1.0.4189
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
I still don't understand how to download with my Q5. I held on th the download button as stated earlier but I only got options like copy, open, open in a new tab. Pls help, I want to be able to download songs on my phone
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Peggysally:

Plz how do I update to the new version cos anytime I check for the latest software it shows dat I hve the latest software which is 10.1.0.4189
Version 10.2.0.429 - Size 506MB is the latest my phone displays
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
I did the glo 1400 bis dedicated for BlackBerry 10 Os phones and was given 2G. Is it possible that I change to the normal bis for other phones after this. It offers 3 G instead. Would it work pls
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Donvitalis(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2013
How do i go about subscribing for the Airtel Monthly plan? I'm not talking about the subscription made exclusively for BB10..Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
@donvitalis and @toyingbad,

Go to page 0 post 1 for your subscription issue
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
toyingbad: Version 10.2.0.429 - Size 506MB is the latest my phone displays

Go ahead and download the update...you need wifi for OTA update or pc with Internet and BlackBerry link installed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
toyingbad: I still don't understand how to download with my Q5. I held on th the download button as stated earlier but I only got options like copy, open, open in a new tab. Pls help, I want to be able to download songs on my phone

Check page 0 post 1 also
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
iamteekaygal:

Same thing is happening to my phone. I'm in Canada but my phone still shows Nigeria's flag. When I arrived at the airport it was Canada flag that was there, but I unfortunately off my location. When I put it on later it was Nigeria that came up but Canada 's time. Its been a month now I arrived here and it's still the same.

@Walcolm please is there a way to resolve this? Thanks in advance

Go to settings -> keyboards and languages and check that what you have their for region is Nigeria
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kodeya(m): 7:40am On Dec 30, 2013
Pls does tethering works with BIS? Can I tether Glo network to my tablet?

And pls, the downloading. If I press it down, which of the icons is meant to download.

Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by emergency2: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2013
Pls house,
I wanna confirm if full BIS mtn is still functional on bb10.

Pls help before I waste my 1500.
Thanks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nuzo1(m): 8:24am On Dec 30, 2013
walcolm:
Yes you can download music, you're just not doing it right. To download music, rather than tap the link to the music file touch it and hold until some icons come out from the right hand side. One of them is to download
2. What you're talking about is call waiting. IT has nothing to do with the phone. You have to set up call waiting on the sim and it will work irrespective of the phone
3. Yes the memo app doesn't exist in bb10. It has been replaced by REMEMBER and for the early adopters of BlackBerry 10, we could not get the notes from bb7 to copy over to the remember app on bb10. If you're a new bb10 user and you used BlackBerry link to do your device switch, it's possible your notes are in that app

Thanks for your response.

1. I've done that but all it gets out are copy, share and other options except download. I'm thinking it's my Os cos I've not updated it.

2. I guess I have to call the customer care for that. I've equally tried setting it myself but it doesn't have the call waiting options.

3. So sad BlackBerry didn't find a way to synchronize notepad to remember. I lost all my notes.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 8:33am On Dec 30, 2013
kodeya: Pls does tethering works with BIS? Can I tether Glo network to my tablet?

And pls, the downloading. If I press it down, which of the icons is meant to download.

Thanks
I haven't used Internet tethering on my device so can't really say, but mobile hotspot is a better option since it doesnt need a USB or you having to turn on your bluetooth. And yes it would work on your tablet as long as it's Wifi enabled (most of them are). My guess is if mobile hotspot works on glo bis, tethering should most probably work too

The download icon is the one that looks like a small chain with the 'good' sign. It's the second to the last on that row in descending order I think

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 8:44am On Dec 30, 2013
emergency2: Pls house,
I wanna confirm if full BIS mtn is still functional on bb10.

Pls help before I waste my 1500.
Thanks
Don't know about MTN but Glo bis works perfectly on bb10 devices.

Then again, there is only one way to find out cheesy tongue
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by suregirl1(f): 9:11am On Dec 30, 2013
My Z10 didn't come with a memorycard,is dat hw its suppose 2 be?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Nuzo':

Thanks for your response.

1. I've done that but all it gets out are copy, share and other options except download. I'm thinking it's my Os cos I've not updated it.

2. I guess I have to call the customer care for that. I've equally tried setting it myself but it doesn't have the call waiting options.

3. So sad BlackBerry didn't find a way to synchronize notepad to remember. I lost all my notes.

Try zooming in the page a little, then press and hold again. The icons should come from the right side of the phone. The options you must be seeing are the ones that appear once you click on that download tab. Just try again

It does. Go to calls, swipe down the page from the top. You should see "settings" by the top right. Turn on your call waiting from there let's see.

Sorry about your notes
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2013
#suregirl#:
My Z10 didn't come with a memorycard,is dat hw its suppose 2 be?
Do you really need a memory card for a phone that comes with 16GB inbuilt memory? smiley
Actually it doesn't but you can buy one as it has the slot
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2013
Great job @anitank
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nuzo1(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
anitank:

Try zooming in the page a little, then press and hold again. The icons should come from the right side of the phone. The options you must be seeing are the ones that appear once you click on that download tab. Just try again

It does. Go to calls, swipe down the page from the top. You should see "settings" by the top right. Turn on your call waiting from there let's see.

Sorry about your notes

Thanks a lot Anitank.

I was able to reset the call waiting. I didn't know such setting was hidden at the top.

Unfortunately, I still couldn't locate the download button after I did all you told me. sad

Can z10 use Google Chrome as its official browser? I head they pull off from BlackBerry 07. Did they also pull off from BlackBerry 10?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by ruz(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
How do I get this latest official os, my z30 says 10.2.0.429 is the latest. I use Etisalat.
walcolm: 10.2.0.1803...the latest official OS version

i have the latest leak on my z10 and the new feature set are fantastic...check some of the earlier posts you will see the complete list of the features
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Nuzo':

Thanks a lot Anitank.

I was able to reset the call waiting. I didn't know such setting was hidden at the top.

Unfortunately, I still couldn't locate the download button after I did all you told me. sad

Can z10 use Google Chrome as its official browser? I head they pull off from BlackBerry 07. Did they also pull off from BlackBerry 10?

Can you try posting a snap shot on here so we could see the exact problem you're having with your downloads?

By official do you mean default browser? I don't think Google Chrome browser can be used as a default browser on bb10 devices but it can be sideloaded and used as a normal browser. Walcom should be able to explain this to you better.

But then the native bb10 browser is super cool if you ask me
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by anitank(f): 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
walcolm: Great job @anitank
Thanks boss
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
After reading comments here about mtn bis not working I decided to try it again yesterday with the daily plan and it works and today again I did another one and it is working. I can't do the one month plan cos mtn is slow in my villa but Glo and airtl are fast here cos its 3g respectively. So I will do the monthly by next week when I will be in lag or as a asaba. Will post screen shots

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.