Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,922 members, 7,872,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1174919 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
kdf3449: Goodday House. Please am having little stress with my Wi-Fi in my Q10. I used to share my mobile hotspot from my iphone 5s and tap it with my Q10 but since i changed my password for my mobile hotspot in my Q10 ( changing it from the one that came with the phone originally to my own password ),each time i try to connect now with my Q10,it says "authentication time out,pls check your password and try again". But if i try to tap the wi-fi from the iphone with my Techno phantom A,it connects well. Also if i try to connect another wi-fi with my Q10,it connects well also. Is there something i need to do in my Q10? Thanks

Only U get iphone 5s, Q10 and Tecno Phantom. Nwanne, U are living large o

Try changing the password to smtin different and try again
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
kdf3449: Goodday House. Please am having little stress with my Wi-Fi in my Q10. I used to share my mobile hotspot from my iphone 5s and tap it with my Q10 but since i changed my password for my mobile hotspot in my Q10 ( changing it from the one that came with the phone originally to my own password ),each time i try to connect now with my Q10,it says "authentication time out,pls check your password and try again". But if i try to tap the wi-fi from the iphone with my Techno phantom A,it connects well. Also if i try to connect another wi-fi with my Q10,it connects well also. Is there something i need to do in my Q10? Thanks

Why not try the default password and see if it solves the problem or change the password as the other bros suggested. Good luck man.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 5:08pm On Jan 09, 2014
mekstaniac:

Only U get iphone 5s, Q10 and Tecno Phantom. Nwanne, U are living large o

Try changing the password to smtin different and try again

hahahaah... bro everyone have what attracts them more to spend their money on. Anyway i have changed the password several times but it still thesame thing sad
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
BluePearls:

Why not try the default password and see if it solves the problem or change the password as the other bros suggested. Good luck man.

I couldn't find the default password again cos it was deleted when i changed it.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
kdf3449:

I couldn't find the default password again cos it was deleted when i changed it.

try changing the password and as a last resort do a hard-reset. That should get everything back to normal if all else fails... you could ask walcolm, maybe he has a better idea..
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2014
BluePearls:

try changing the password and as a last resort do a hard-reset. That should get everything back to normal if all else fails... you could ask walcolm, maybe he has a better idea..

Thanks alot for your assistance. Seems Walcolm has not checked around since i posted but i will be on the look out for him grin
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
kdf3449:

Thanks alot for your assistance. Seems Walcolm has not checked around since i posted but i will be on the look out for him grin

Are you using a leaked OS?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
BluePearls:

Are you using a leaked OS?

Am not but i have the 10.1 version. I think you are misunderstanding what i wrote, it is not the Q10 that is sharing out the wi-fi, it is the iphone 5s that is sharing out the wi-fi but am having problem tapping the wi-fi with my Q10 since i changed the Iphone's wi-fi password. Do you understand it now?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Well....i use a Q10 and my wifi works well. Whether I change d password or not doesn't matter. It works regardless and since it's ur iphone dt has d issues, I suggest U look for iphone threads cos dis is a thread for BB10 users only. Thankie
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
Omoh Ayam fed up with glo. I need something new
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
RICHIE BOI:

you might want to correct the bolded. shocked

Thanks for thé heads up...

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
mekstaniac: Omoh Ayam fed up with glo. I need something new

What issues are you having with glo?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
kdf3449:

Am not but i have the 10.1 version. I think you are misunderstanding what i wrote, it is not the Q10 that is sharing out the wi-fi, it is the iphone 5s that is sharing out the wi-fi but am having problem tapping the wi-fi with my Q10 since i changed the Iphone's wi-fi password. Do you understand it now?

Delete the previous iPhone wifi profile from the q10 and start afresh. IT will give you the chance to enter the new password

You should update your OS to 10.2
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
walcolm:

What issues are you having with glo?

Poor ntwrk reception up here. Wish we still had that etisalat option. Even mtn wldnt be dat bad
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
RICHIE BOI:

Pls in the simplest way can u tell me how to download and use those android apps with Q10. because it seems kind of complicated to do it with my Q10.

Regards

The simplest method right now is to update to the leaked 10.2.1.xxxx. It allows you to install android apk files directly to your BlackBerry. In fact you can install an android market place and install from there as if you're installing from BlackBerry world

The next best thing is to side load using Google Chrome and bar files

I have put up links to the leaked OS severally on previous pages do if you're feeling adventurous, go for it. It's a 1gb download zip file. You extract the autoloader, plug your BlackBerry with a usb to the pc and roll
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
kdf3449:

ok i get you now. First i think u shld delete or clear the previous wifi connection btw ur iphone n d Q10 and try again.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2014
mekstaniac:

Poor ntwrk reception up here. Wish we still had that etisalat option. Even mtn wldnt be dat bad

Are you there long term or just on a short visit ?

If long term then you might want to look to airtel but if short term, suck it up till you get back to civilization
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
mekstaniac: Well....i use a Q10 and my wifi works well. Whether I change d password or not doesn't matter. It works regardless and since it's ur iphone dt has d issues, I suggest U look for iphone threads cos dis is a thread for BB10 users only. Thankie

He has a Q10 bro, and besides its his Q10 not connecting to the iphone. If you ask me, i think he has come to the right place for help bcus we BB10 folks help eachother.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by BluePearls(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
walcolm:

Delete the previous iPhone wifi profile from the q10 and start afresh. IT will give you the chance to enter the new password

I see you've got everything under control.. grin
I just made a suggestion, same as yours. Didnt know you posted this earlier.. Keep up the good work man.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
Great job man...I'm always happy to see more BlackBerry 10 gurus provide support to the others...the more we are the merrier
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
walcolm:

The simplest method right now is to update to the leaked 10.2.1.xxxx. It allows you to install android apk files directly to your BlackBerry. In fact you can install an android market place and install from there as if you're installing from BlackBerry world

The next best thing is to side load using Google Chrome and bar files

I have put up links to the leaked OS severally on previous pages do if you're feeling adventurous, go for it. It's a 1gb download zip file. You extract the autoloader, plug your BlackBerry with a usb to the pc and roll

Hi Walcolm, I already have the latest leaked OS 10.2.1.176. I think I will prefer to install an android market place, but how do I install it. I tried using Google chrome and bar files but too complicated for me. So I will prefer the android market place u mentioned.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
BluePearls:

He has a Q10 bro, and besides its his Q10 not connecting to the iphone. If you ask me, i think he has come to the right place for help bcus we BB10 folks help eachother.

Thanks my brother,i was already feeling humiliated hahahaha
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by kdf3449(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
walcolm:

Pls how do i update my OS to 10.2 ? Is there any link for it bro? Where can i delete the previous iphohne profile from the q10? Thanks alot
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
download the 10.2.1.1925 file for the Q10 from here

https://mega.co.nz/#!w5NnEBDI!evmoT25jJa1eCeTJD3sMCVDo8GoRPdWQG2D40DXctFc

its a 1gb zip file

Deleting/Editing a wifi profile

Go to settings > Network connections > Wifi

tap 'Saved' at the bottom. you will see a list of the wifi profiles you have on the phone

tap the one you're interested in and edit the password to your new password
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2014
RICHIE BOI:

Hi Walcolm, I already have the latest leaked OS 10.2.1.176. I think I will prefer to install an android market place, but how do I install it. I tried using Google chrome and bar files but too complicated for me. So I will prefer the android market place u mentioned.

grab 1mobile android market place apk here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82109696/BlackBerry/1MobileMarket_com.android.apps.apk

install it to your BB and you have access to other android apps
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nuzo1(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dear Walcom

Thanks for your support and also to Anitank last time I asked for it.
I've been able to download stuff at very fast rate. However, transferring some of these files to my laptop is difficult.

I was able to find out from your earlier posts that one will need to switch off the memory card before the device can connect to the compute. I have done this but not all was able to go through.

Some folks who had the same problem said they had to copy the files on external memory and place it in the device memory before it can be copied. That's my difficulty.

How do I copy files from external memory to internal memory so I could transfer some of these files to my computer?

Regards.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
Do you have BlackBerry link installed on your pc?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nuzo1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
walcolm: Do you have BlackBerry link installed on your pc?

Yes sir.

Matter of fact, I've transfered a couple of files but some have refused.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:50am On Jan 10, 2014
usually when you connect your BB to the PC and you have BB Link installed, you will get a prompt to enter your device password...(device password is the password you use to lock your phone from prying eyes NOT your email or BBID password)

once you enter the device password, BB allows you to see your internal storage and sd card as 2 separate drives on your pc...you should then be able to open/navigate/copy/cut/paste files to and from them the same way you do any other drive on your system using windows explorer

BB is the world's greatest when it comes to security cool, if you don't grant the proper access you wont be able to see your drive when you connect to a PC
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by komzy589(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2014
walcolm: Do you have BlackBerry link installed on your pc?
Pls Malcolm is d BlackBerry link the same as blackberry manager cos I installed BlackBerry manager and I can't synchronize my music or video, when I tried it, it kept referring me to this BlackBerry link.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:21am On Jan 10, 2014
if you invert the M in Malcolm, then you'll get my avatar name right....it's Walcolm

BlackBerry Link works with BB10 devices and BlackBerry Desktop manager cannot work with BB10 devices

once you plug your BB10 to the PC, you will get a link to download BB Link so long as you have internet access on that PC
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:24am On Jan 10, 2014
For those still wondering about how good the BB10 onscreen /virtual keyboard is....see for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PchnjfbINkw

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.