Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,940 members, 7,873,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1174926 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Borat1: 8:00am On Jun 28, 2014
Owbeecee: I downloaded 526mb of update which was supposed to take me to 10.2.1.2102. but after downloading it started installing up to 800mb of data. I left n it later said installation interrupted. I closed it immediately as I was scared cos I just recently faced upgrading issues n I tot I had lost d fone for good. is it ok if I continue the installation? I noticed here that. 2102. isn't d latest update again. could tht b y my fone was installing more data even tho it hadn't downloaded into my fone? what is your valued advice on this issue. thanks in anticipation of your help.

You are better of upgrading your software via blackberry link. It's much faster and just ensure there is power. Most phones bought now come with 2102 upgradable to 2914 which is actually 3175
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sapien(m): 8:11am On Jun 28, 2014
~Borat~:

Yes...at slot, the Z10 is about one thousand naira cheaper than the Q5, and the last time i checked (5 mins ago),
the Q5 is 35k
Thanks so much, Borat.

One more question, Please: Does Airtel BIS plan still work on BB10?

I learnt that MTN and Etisalat's BIS don't work. If Airtel works, how much is the Data cost/Month?

I use both MTN and Airtel, by the way.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Borat1: 8:14am On Jun 28, 2014
sapien: Thanks so much, Borat.

One more question, Please: Does Airtel BIS plan still work on BB10?

I learnt that MTN and Etisalat's BIS don't work. If Airtel works, how much is the Data cost/Month?

I use both MTN and Airtel, by the way.

MTN doesn't. You have to subscribe for their BlackBerry 10 plans.

Airtel does yes. And depending on if you're eligible or not, it's 1500 for 2gb monthly or if you qualify for their promo it's 1500 for 4gb 2 months

Glo BIS also works. 1k for 3gb monthly
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by sapien(m): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2014
~Borat~:

MTN doesn't. You have to subscribe for their BlackBerry 10 plans.

Airtel does yes. And depending on if you're eligible or not, it's 1500 for 2gb monthly or if you qualify for their promo it's 1500 for 4gb 2 months

Glo BIS also works. 1k for 3gb monthly
1k for 3gb on Glo BIS? Wow! Amazing, and ourightly cheap! Got to get a Glo sim.

By the way, I learnt one's sim would be cut because the sim port on the BB Q5 is too small. True?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Borat1: 8:47am On Jun 28, 2014
sapien: 1k for 3gb on Glo BIS? Wow! Amazing, and ourightly cheap! Got to get a Glo sim.

By the way, I learnt one's sim would be cut because the sim port on the BB Q5 is too small. True?

Yes the BlackBerry 10 uses a micro-sim. So yea, it will be cut
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
~Borat~:

You are better of upgrading your software via blackberry link. It's much faster and just ensure there is power. Most phones bought now come with 2102 upgradable to 2914 which is actually 3175
thank u so much Mr. Borat. I'll try using bb link.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
mr walcolm and oda fellow engineers...pls help me nah....most of my apps (apk nd BlackBerry native app) keep sayin "no internet connection pls check your network settings" nd ive browsed through my fone nd even done a security wipe twice jst to fix it but all to no avail....pls help me
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stdennis: 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
sapien: Is it true that BB Z10 and BB Q5 are sold within the price range of #32, 000-#35, 000 on Jumia, Konga and Slot? I need answers, Asap! I need to buy either of the two.

I got my Z10 from Konga two weeks ago for #33,000.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by osabest10: 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2014
Pls how can I share my apps to other devices?i ve tried flash share bt it's not connecting..i am using q10....pls guys
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by yomifola(m): 11:02pm On Jun 28, 2014
I have issue with my +volume key. It's not working and every time, d increase volume to dey blink for my screen. Even if I reduce d volume, he go increase by itself. Abeg wetin I go do 2am ooo ?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 12:37am On Jun 29, 2014
stdennis: Welcome back to BB10 rockers.
Please, I need help. No thanks to the loss of nairaland data, I would have gone through previous pages instead of asking these questions.
I just got my Z10 from Konga. It came with OS 10.2.1.2102 I wanted to upgrade it but it's telling me "you have latest software".
(1) Please, is that the latest version and if no, how can I upgrade it?
(2). I can't find Instagram in the application world. How can I get it?
(3) Also, how can I get android applications to work on the phone?
THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED RESPONSE.

2102 is not the latest version and you don't need to worry...you will be prompted within a few days to download the latest version. you will need wifi

You can get instagram apk from an Android store...try 1mobile.com

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 12:38am On Jun 29, 2014
osabest10: Pls how can I share my apps to other devices?i ve tried flash share bt it's not connecting..i am using q10....pls guys

Share your apps to other devices in what sense...pls clarify
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 12:39am On Jun 29, 2014
phayvorr: mr walcolm and oda fellow engineers...pls help me nah....most of my apps (apk nd BlackBerry native app) keep sayin "no internet connection pls check your network settings" nd ive browsed through my fone nd even done a security wipe twice jst to fix it but all to no avail....pls help me

Which network and data plan are you using ? That type of error is due to unstable data services
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 12:46am On Jun 29, 2014
sapien: 1k for 3gb on Glo BIS? Wow! Amazing, and ourightly cheap! Got to get a Glo sim.

I'm not sure you will find any high end smartphone not using the micro sim these days. All BlackBerry 10 devices use the micro sim

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 29, 2014
walcolm:

Which network and data plan are you using ? That type of error is due to unstable data services
I currently use d glo 1k subscription (comonth to 777)...
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 29, 2014
osabest10: Pls how can I share my apps to other devices?i ve tried flash share bt it's not connecting..i am using q10....pls guys
using flashshare on bb10 is q bit tricky nd different frm d way its been done on android...all you need to do is let d oda fone dat you wana share or recieve app from crate a group on his/her flashshare den afta creatin d group, put on ur wifi on ur BlackBerry nd search for available networks nd you wil see his/her hotspot with a strange lookin name wit diffrent letters togeda. all you hav to do is join dat hotspot den go nd open ur flashshare nd click on join a group, afta seeing d persons group name, click on it to join nd you r good to go.....NOTE: flashshare doesnt work on BlackBerry to BlackBerry

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by yomifola(m): 6:10am On Jun 29, 2014
yomi fola: I have issue with my +volume key. It's not working and every time, d increase volume to dey blink for my screen. Even if I reduce d volume, he go increase by itself. Abeg wetin I go do 2am ooo ?

Abeg ans me now now b4 i... angry angry grin
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2014
Ever since I got to this 2941 update, my media player just keeps giving me error messages. It's either there's an error playing song or video or that the media player needs to close or something that I should restart. This is happening way too often. Is there something I can do? I use a Q10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by osabest10: 9:20am On Jun 29, 2014
I meant being able to send my apps to other devices like android phones does using share transfer...
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:43am On Jun 29, 2014
I think it's less stressful for the other devices to just download the same apps straight from the appstore rather than you stressing yourself looking for an app to send an app between devices

Buy I'm sure you should be able to find someone here who can walk you through the flash share thing
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:45am On Jun 29, 2014
mekstaniac: Ever since I got to this 2941 update, my media player just keeps giving me error messages. It's either there's an error playing song or video or that the media player needs to close or something that I should restart. This is happening way too often. Is there something I can do? I use a Q10

You might want to check your SD card for errors. Use a place to remove all your data from the sd card and format it. Then put back the files and try your music player again
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mekstaniac(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2014
Done that. It's even a new SD card
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 11:52am On Jun 29, 2014
New sd cards are the ones prone to errors the most... bought a new SanDisk card for my z30 and cut all my data to it from my previous card...two days later I lost everything because the card became unreadable
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by skjade: 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
does glo bis work on z10...if yes. hw do I set it up..thanks

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by okeys112(m): 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2014
walcolm: New sd cards are the ones prone to errors the most... bought a new SanDisk card for my z30 and cut all my data to it from my previous card...two days later I lost everything because the card became unreadable

New Original SD cards don't give issues bro. Always buy either class 10 or Class 4 SD cards. U can limit ur purchase to Cruzer or Kingston. BlackBerry devices that come with SD cards mostly come with Class 4 SD card. Class 10 are the best. Most of the SD cards sold in Computer village are of low quality, they even select what device to be compatible with.

Get a new original SD card.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Ifedisky(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
I had this memory card when I was using Bold 5. I encrypted the multimedia files but the phone got broken while the encryption was in place. Now the card is in a z10 but cant open any of the pics. Is there ant hope of decrypting Walcolm?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2014
okeys112:

New Original SD cards don't give issues bro. Always buy either class 10 or Class 4 SD cards. U can limit ur purchase to Cruzer or Kingston. BlackBerry devices that come with SD cards mostly come with Class 4 SD card. Class 10 are the best. Most of the SD cards sold in Computer village are of low quality, they even select what device to be compatible with.

Get a new original SD card.

Do I come across as someone who will buy a fake sd card or buy sd card from otigba ?

Cruzer and Kingston are not better than SanDisk in the world of sd cards..as a matter of fact I'll take a SanDisk over most brands

And by the way, it's a well documented fact that new original sd cards can also give issues especially once a particular size threshold has been crossed
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2014
skjade: does glo bis work on z10...if yes. hw do I set it up..thanks

There's nothing to set up. Subscribe, plug and play
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
walcolm:

Do I come across as someone who will buy a fake sd card or buy sd card from otigba ?

Cruzer and Kingston are not better than SanDisk in the world of sd cards..as a matter of fact I'll take a SanDisk over most brands

And by the way, it's a well documented fact that new original sd cards can also give issues especially once a particular size threshold has been crossed
fake SD cards do that when they cross some threshold
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stdennis: 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
~Borat~:

1. No thats not the latest version. Depending on your network, it should push the lastest update to you (10.2.1.2914)
try to download blackberry link on your PC and check for software updates

2. Instagram is not on BB appworld, the application there which is native for blackberry phones is igrann. search for it
on the other hand, since you already are on 10.2.1.XXXX, install 1mobile and from there simply install the android apps there

3. you dont need to do anything special, just download them and enjoy
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stdennis: 7:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
walcolm:

2102 is not the latest version and you don't need to worry...you will be prompted within a few days to download the latest version. you will need wifi

You can get instagram apk from an Android store...try 1mobile.com

THANKS BRO. So, you mean I can't use my subscription data to download the update, when my network provider finally send it?
Also, please what do I really stand to gain from the update?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tosins(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Pls guys my glo bis remain 50mb and d xpiry date is 13th of July, pls Hw can I cancel d current one in order to sub for anoda one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.