Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1108965 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
I don already stake money say thoros of myr and benric no dey comeback westeros

I wonder who else go die!
the hound go surely survive.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
I have read a lot from this tread but I see most are addicted to some characters and are emotionally blind in their comparison.

Little finger is underated by most of you cos you forgot the man got ambition of being a king and he is looking for an army. He has destroyed two Leaders and ready to do same in North landing . Don't overrule him.

Sansa is a spoilt child and LF will use her to commit evil if Arya, bran or Jon did not intercept his plan early.

Arya is the only reason I watch this show. That girl has sold herself to the devil and she is most dangerous among the stark. Her encounter with God of many faces impacted her so much that most of us don't know the extent she is powerful.

Brann (don't know) but something tells me he might have a little thingy to do with the army of the dead( remember when he told his guardian that bran died in that room, Nobody knows what he means.

Jon snow is the luckiest in this show....Very lucky

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:

... All i'm saying is that if danny had passed thru somethings she did pass thru..... And without the advantage dragons, She'd prolly do worse...

... just that danny maybe still have a soul..... Cersei.. Not
we can't be deliberating on hypotheticals when there are literally 65 episodes of established motives and behavioural patterns to draw from.

So, there you have it:
One get soul but low key crazy and bites back when shoved, the other one just stone cold,straight-up psycho with a penchant for self-sabotage.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:

..... Danny has a very big advantage over Cersei
The 3 dragons

We just watched drogon bullying people to bend the knee

If cersei had 3 dragons maybe she wouldn't have been so brutal

Both ladies are ambitious and won't stop at nothing to get what they want

Danny burnt the dothraki lords that held her captive when she asked a lady to lock the door and set fire while walking out in the fire
She just burnt the lanister soldiers
Burnt two good noble men and soldiers
So, she is in no way different
She even said something to john snow.... How men did you kill to take winterfell back? He replied thousands
Cersei also destroyed are enemies.... So did danny
She used whatever means to get what she wants

Cersei doesn't have dragons.... She's willing to be the Queen of the ashes.....

While danny doesn't really need to kill.... Seeing the dragons alone.... And knowing what dragons can do..... People are willing to pledge loyalty, bend the knee, form alliance with her
So Cersei have to rule with fear
That's the only way she can be a force to reckon with
She managed to convince the iron banks on her side

So, what matters is our point of view....
Cersei has no children, nothing to lose anymore, no one to protect.....
She has suffered a lot of loss, so she is more ruthless
And she's smarter than danny......
Danny wants to please the people
Not be the queen of ashes...
Cersei said..... Father once said.... A lion doesn't mind the opinion of the sheeps
So,
both have a different mentality but if you analyse them deeply you will. Realise they ain't so different

What a load of crap......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
closerange:

What a load of crap......

Lol, even i was thinking same
You no get chills sha.....
You didn't even care bout the little energy i used to type the above crap grin
You must be one brutal someborry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Friedyokes: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2017
EMMAUGOH:

Brann (don't know) but something tells me he might have a little thingy to do with the army of the dead( remember when he told his guardian that bran died in that room, Nobody knows what he means
Theres nothing sinister to read from that statement ...its more of a figure is speech ...he simply means he has given up his position/person as bran stark and taken up the position of the three eyed raven ..more like taken up a higher calling as the three eyed raven ...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 7:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
we can't be deliberating on hypotheticals when there are literally 65 episodes of established motives and behavioural patterns to draw from.

So, there you have it:
One get soul but low key crazy and bites back when shoved, the other one just stone cold,straight-up psycho with a penchant for self-sabotage.

Can't talk you out of this.... So you win, no further arguments
I think i was wrong..... You do hate cersei way more than i do
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by eniolaamoda: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
Should we all not be concerned about the fact dat danearys just burnt samwells father

Dat was samwells fucking father she just burnt anyhow

And wat did jon say??

Tho i have not watched d episode

But did jon just stood and watch danearys burn his best friends father?

D one who made him know d location of the dragon glass...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
Friedyokes:

Theres nothing sinister to read from that statement ...its more of a figure is speech ...he simply means he has given up his position/person as bran stark and taken up the position of the three eyed raven ..more like taken up a higher calling as the three eyed raven ...

I agree but am banking of that guy.. I don't want to see him as an handicap and also remember he is also a rightful heir
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Friedyokes: 7:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
eniolaamoda:
Should we all not be concerned about the fact dat danearys just burnt samwells father

And wat did jon say??

he chose to be burnt ...all is fair in love and war
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:
Can't talk you out of this.... So you win, no further arguments I think i was wrong..... You do hate cersei way more than i do

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
I still dont understand somethungs sha. How on earth did the dragon not frighten jon snow?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pamcode(m): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Was Joffrey and Cersei planning to keep them alive? Actually they sent a party to kill Arya immediately Lord Stark was killed and Sansa was walking a tight rope to be killed anytime at the slightest offence

By Killing the Lord Stark they already declared war on the Starks, Robbs failure to realize that was the weak move
Actually they were planning on keeping them alive. The Main idea was to hold the girls to ensure loyalty of Ned Stark and the North, the plan wasn't to kill Ned Stark in the first place, it was Joeffrey's stupidity and after the war Sansa was the key to gain the North and Tywin planned on exploiting it. Sansa was Joeffrey's bethrothed until the Tyrells came on.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:28pm On Aug 14, 2017
Do u think randel tally samwells father died out of cowardice?? At least he should have bent d knee afterall he betrayed house tyrells.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
How did jorah mormont and berric dodarrion know eachother. I never remember seen a scene where they both met.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
Why havent the night king breached the wall afterall there is a sea beside the wall that it can pass.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
Did cersei tell jamie that hr was betrayed by ser bron for meeting wih his brother, tyrion.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2017
I think Gendry is a talkayivr just likr his father robert.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
Friedyokes:
he chose to be burnt ...all is fair in love and war

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
How on earth did jon snow remember the hound after a long time since he cane to kingslanding.
Afterall ser davos wasnt recognised at KL
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 7:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:
I think Gendry is a talkative just like his father robert.
Thank you for pointing out this vital piece of information.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Friedyokes: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:
How on earth did jon snow remember the hound after a long time since he cane to kingslanding.
Afterall ser davos wasnt recognised at KL
you never forget someone like the hound ..reputation ..scar and all
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Raffie20: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
SHAME SHAME SHAME....

Please where is this woman? Is the mountain still having a swell time with her?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by isaiah9(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
Make the writer no do anyhow ooo, Jon must swive dany before dem find out say dem relate
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
Gbola5:

Yet you still love him. I want fault you for that.

Jaime Lannister (not Larry Lannister) is my favorite character despite all he's done. What i do is i don't try to justify all he's done.

I'm a sucker for twisted love story.

I kept yelling at Sam to shut up and listen to Gilly or at least allow her complete the story. If they left that book of random factb ehind, we'd probably never know what really happen. embarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
eniolaamoda:

And wat did jon say??

After what he did to Samwell and Olenna, he deserved to die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobbStark(m): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:

I agree with all you said above especially at the bolded

The first thing i said when she burnt the tarlys generation was why the double standard

Because they refused to bend the knee
But I remember John Snow is yet to bend the knee and never will

But she didn't punish him..... In fact she's in love with him
And she had this kinda mixed/ambivalent feeling when john was patting drogon

There is no double standard as you will want people to believe.
The Tarly men are prisoners of war, whereas, Jon is not.
When you watch a movie, try and understand the scenerios. It will help you alot.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
So you think soldiers standing in front of a big ass dragon and still refusing to bend the knee are doing so out of fear?
Fear of what exactly? Believe me, any fear Cersei might strike in them is nowhere near the dread of standing in front of a fire-breathing beast long thought to be extinct that could turn you to ashes in a few seconds.

I'd say they did it out of obligation but I know without question that Only loyalty could make them hold out for as long as they did.

So, your argument is invalid.
**Great, my internet is back.**

Ok, whats your point? Is it the "sissie part" that got you all riled up or what exactly?

Let me break it down a little as it is obvious you are misconstruing the whole point in made in point 1.

Now, i said they are a bunch of sissies, why? Look at picture 1 when dany told them to bend a knee and join her. A lot of lannister's soldiers have already bent a knee while some few along with Randon Tarly and his son refused.

In picture 2, you can see Randon and his son waiting to be burned.

In picture 3, Dickon and his father were set ablaze by drogon.

Picture 4, all lannister soldiers shivering and already on their knees including those who were standing initially.

I was expecting some few to come out and get burned along side with Randon Tarly and his son since some initially were standing, none came out. So i hope you understand why i called them sissies. If you dont, get someone to translate it in a language you understand.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CassieV(f): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Tyrion: Who's that for?

Lord Varys: Jon snow

Tyrion: Did you read it?

Lord Varys: *looking appalled* It's a sealed scroll for the king in the north.

Tyrion: *sips wine* What does it say?

Lord Varys: *tuts* Nothing good.

Me: grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pamcode(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
eniolaamoda:

And wat did jon say??

I think you need to watch the episode before coming here to comment.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by aieromon(m): 7:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Magnifico2000:
How did jorah mormont and berric dodarrion know eachother. I never remember seen a scene where they both met.

You mean Jorah Mormont and Thoros?

They fought for Robert Baratheon against the Greyjoys. Ser Jorah mentioned it somewhere in Season 3.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yonce:

It's one thing to suspect what your sister is thinking, it's another thing to gloat about it like a know-it-all undecided
You cant blame arya for knowing her sister. Same way sansa knows arya very well.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.