Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,898 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:05 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1112454 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
oh, so that icy heart does have a pulse.
Perhaps a few more months with Jaqen h'ghar then?
I'm sure he'll be delighted to have you back washing corpses again.
I am Arya Stark of Winterfell. I take Orders from No-One. Literally No-one.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:

I agree with all you said above especially at the bolded

The first thing i said when she burnt the tarlys generation was why the double standard

Because they refused to bend the knee
But I remember John Snow is yet to bend the knee and never will

But she didn't punish him..... In fact she's in love with him
And she had this kinda mixed/ambivalent feeling when john was patting drogon

That's the thing about many people here - they will deny the obvious because it doesn't do well with thier agenda.

Every single one of the main characters is capable of and often commit great evil... and it's not even for the greater good sef
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blingxx(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Danaerys is just as brutal to her enemies. She has crucified some thousands ,and roasted some more.

Accept this or shift let me see road.

cersei is still worse in m opinion ..remember the time she almost poisoned her own child when stannis almost took kings landing or when the blew up the high sparrow and the tyrells we even ignored all the bad things she ever did to tyrion as a baby ,I almost cried when oberyn Martel told the story undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
blingxx:

they is a huge difference btw cersei and dany .... cersei is f*cking insane

Explain how a woman who lines an entire coastline with crucified men, and has roasted her way from essos to westeros in the name of grandfather is sane, while Cersei is not...

I'll wait.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by raumdeuter: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:
Jamie made this exact point to her.

Cersei asked him what he would rather do - give up power and possibly get killed, or fight and even if the lose, the died trying.

She also mentioned that they have to fight cleverly, rather than outrightly.

The fact of the matter is that Danaerys with her huge army might win the war for territory, but lose the battle for hearts and minds - which is exactly why she hasn't invaded. Cersei knows this.

Worst case scenario, Cersei goes into exile and continues to fund insurgency with the gold meant for the iron bank.

Lord Tarly made the case very clear in his speech to Danaerys - You're a foreigner, at the head of a savage Horde. As bad as Cersei is, i'd rather die serving her than bend the knee to you.

The only way Danaerys can keep the population docile if she invades today, is under the threat of barbeque.

That resistance to foreign invasion is major ammo in Cersei's arsenal and she knows it. She can continue to fight against against Danaerys in her position as the bastion against the foreign interlopers, and her people will continue to back her. I mean Tyrion said all of this at the start of the season na?

Danaerys only other option is to negotiate treaties, or fry everybody in kings landing and rule over the ashes.

Rather be a coward for some time than be dead forever. Someone said that on the show.

How long do you think Dany will hold back? She did twice and Lannisters outwitted her. which cost her Greyjoy ships and Tyrell army plus the unsullied out there in Casterly Rock. The 3rd time she had to go out and show strength

Dany's followers esp the Dothraki only respect strength and are following her because they see power. These guys might soon get bored of all the diplomacy.

Regardless of what Lord Tarly said, the fact remains Dany can easily overrun Kings landing or at least Fry Cersei and the entire Lannister

Getting another set of mercenaroes to go fight them, 1. They will never win, 2. Might actually enrage Dany and make her unleash on them

Dany wins she is unpopular but what will happen to Cersei and her family? probably ashes. If she doesnt change tactics and stop the war until they find a solution to the dragons. she might get barbecued

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
blingxx:

cersei is still worse in m opinion ..remember the time she almost poisoned her own child when stannis almost took kings landing or when the blew up the high sparrow and the tyrells we even ignored all the bad things she ever did to tyrion as a baby ,I almost cried when oberyn Martel told the story undecided

What was the motive for wanting to kill her child?

Have you seen what invading armies do the children of the bloodline they came to overthrow?

Did you see what Staniss did to his own brother? Did you see what he did to his own freaking daughter? What do you think he was going to do to the children of Robert Baratheon( who really aren't Roberts kids)?

Why are you people so hellbent on this agenda?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nihilist:

Danaerys is just as brutal to her enemies. She has crucified some thousands ,and roasted some more.
Accept this or shift let me see road.
If you talking sheer brutality, Dany is way ahead of Cersei on account of her significantly more dangerous pets and followers.
But we're talking 3 dimensional stuff here- taking into account what is necessary and what is not and simply pardoning offenders if need be.

If you still no catch my drift after all this explanation....... Just carry your wahala dey go. You're just another fangirl.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jejemanito: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
So it's gonna be Cersei v Dany now

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
raumdeuter:

Rather be a coward for some time than be dead forever. Someone said that on the show.

How long do you think Dany will hold back? She did twice and Lannisters outwitted her. which cost her Greyjoy ships and Tyrell army plus the unsullied out there in Casterly Rock. The 3rd time she had to go out and show strength

Dany's followers esp the Dothraki only respect strength and are following her because they see power. These guys might soon get bored of all the diplomacy.

Regardless of what Lord Tarly said, the fact remains Dany can easily overrun Kings landing or at least Fry Cersei and the entire Lannister

Getting another set of mercenaroes to go fight them, 1. They will never win, 2. Might actually enrage Dany and make her unleash on them

Dany wins she is unpopular but what will happen to Cersei and her family? probably ashes. If she doesnt change tactics and stop the war until they find a solution to the dragons. she might get barbecued

Mutual Assured Destruction - Either let Cersei Rule or be Queen of the Ashes

That's why Danaerys is making these overtures to the north - she needs allies. She needs them to be her conquering Army. Which is why Cersei needs to take the north off the board.

Tyrion has explained all of this in episode 2.

Cersei is being very logical in her moves
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
If you talking sheer brutality, Dany is way ahead of Cersei on account of her significantly more dangerous pets and followers.
But we're talking 3 dimensional stuff here- taking into account what is necessary and what is not and simply pardoning offenders if need be.

If you still no catch my drift after all this explanation....... Just carry your wahala dey go. You're just another fangirl.

I've told you I'm a dude. Drop anymore snide insults and I will report you for violation of rule number 2.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
mah niggah Now I'm beginning to think you're just arguing blindly If you really think Danaerys doesn't show compassion when necessary. For all of Dany's bloated ego and overwhelming power, she has shown a surprising amount of restraint.

Ask yourself this question and answer as honestly as you can: How long do you think GoT would've lasted if Cersei was the one with dragons?

..... Danny has a very big advantage over Cersei
The 3 dragons

We just watched drogon bullying people to bend the knee

If cersei had 3 dragons maybe she wouldn't have been so brutal

Both ladies are ambitious and won't stop at nothing to get what they want

Danny burnt the dothraki lords that held her captive when she asked a lady to lock the door and set fire while walking out in the fire
She just burnt the lanister soldiers
Burnt two good noble men and soldiers
So, she is in no way different
She even said something to john snow.... How men did you kill to take winterfell back? He replied thousands
Cersei also destroyed are enemies.... So did danny
She used whatever means to get what she wants

Cersei doesn't have dragons.... She's willing to be the Queen of the ashes.....

While danny doesn't really need to kill.... Seeing the dragons alone.... And knowing what dragons can do..... People are willing to pledge loyalty, bend the knee, form alliance with her
So Cersei have to rule with fear
That's the only way she can be a force to reckon with
She managed to convince the iron banks on her side

So, what matters is our point of view....
Cersei has no children, nothing to lose anymore, no one to protect.....
She has suffered a lot of loss, so she is more ruthless
And she's smarter than danny......
Danny wants to please the people
Not be the queen of ashes...
Cersei said..... Father once said.... A lion doesn't mind the opinion of the sheeps
So,
both have a different mentality but if you analyse them deeply you will. Realise they ain't so different

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2017
AryaSand:

I am Arya Stark of Winterfell. I take Orders from No-One. Literally No-one.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by MyNewJackeT: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:

The 3 dragons

Danny burnt the dothraki lords that held her captive when she asked a lady to lock the door and set fire while walking out in the fire
She even said something to john snow.... How men did you kill to take winterfell back? He replied thousands
Cersei also destroyed are enemies.... So did danny

While danny doesn't really need to kill.... Seeing the dragons alone.... And knowing what dragons can do..... People are willing to pledge loyalty, bend the knee, form alliance with her

Cersei said..... Father once said.... A lion doesn't mind the opinion of the sheeps
So,
both have a different mentality but if you analyse them deeply you will. Realise they ain't so different

I had to highlight what you just wrote.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Leyqute(m): 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
"Listen to me cvnt. Till I get what I'm owed, the dragon don't get to kill you, you don't get to kill you. ONLY I GET TO KILL YOU."

This dude is complete bollock. Saving someone so you could kill him yourself. He'll probably die tryin'

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
Do you fellas ever get tired
You want to turn me to a walking game of Thrones encyclopedia by force.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
Leyqute:
"Listen to me cvnt. Till I get what I'm owed, the dragon don't get to kill you, you don't get to kill you. ONLY I GET TO KILL YOU."

This dude is complete bollock. Saving someone so you could kill him yourself. He'll probably die tryin'

He did not mean the capitalised words literally
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
kay9:

Basically another Dance of Dragons.
Exactly !
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
I don't get why some peeps here are crucifying arya

She read sansa like a book.... She was spot on.. On her analysis of sansa

Sansa didn't say anything when that lord said it was her they should have made king[queen] in the north instead of jon snow in the first place

She wanted to be relevant, wants to be the one in charge
And they were there disrespecting your brother in public and not even a single word in defence of him
Why wouldn't they do so.... When ever she disrespected jon snow

And it's on this accord LF will plant a seed of discord amongst them

I admit she was wrong with she saying those lords and their men should be beheaded
But if you come from the same school of tot as her..... You will suggest worst

She's no more the sweet little gal, she knows how the world in the show operates.... Strike first.... Before you got struck...... Can't trust no one.... And any little seed of rebellion should be uprooted before it germinates

Well. Lf just showed his A game
I was there feeling arya all along, thinking she has outsmarted LF
Only to swallow the bitter pill...... That Son of a bitch is smarter

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
Gbola5:

This made me smile. Marriage or no, he isn't justified.
you would rather he stayed loyal to his wife ? then no song of ice and fire.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
Yonce:

But we don't know very much about his reasons for divorcing Elia?! Maybe it was the prophesy or maybe he genuinely fell for Lyanna. Maybe it was the Westeros version of Romeo and Juilet. cheesy

Yet you still love him. I won't fault you for that.

Jaime Lannister (not Larry Lannister) is my favorite character despite all he's done. What i do is i don't try to justify all he's done.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
Stegomiah:

The 3 dragons
Cersei also destroyed her enemies.... So did danny
So,
your comment actually made me giggle for a bit there.
If Cersei owned those dragons? Hah! grin everyday will be barbecue in the yard day for drogon.
And I'm under no illusions as to what the power players have to do to maintain control or claw their way back to power..... It's almost always dirty and violent.....there is no way around that.

In one corner is Cersei, your quintessential power-hungry queen with zero restraint or consideration for the people's wishes.
On the opposite end we have Danaerys, a power-hungry wannabe queen who so far has been shown to actually care about what people think and is concerned about the little guy who gets trampled on when the two juggernauts go at it.

Contrary to what you said, I think they only seem similar on the surface. peel back the superficial layer and you find two women who are distinct opposites.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by obiorathesubtle: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
grin

Ive dug through 6 pages to catch up..

There's nothing more to say...

Jon is confirmed legit..

LF has to die.. Too annoying..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Friedyokes: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Jamie has not been happy about the relationship with his sister for sometime. He didn't want to be seen by the maid servant who knocked on the door when cersei answered in episode 3. So why will he be happy that his sister who is hell bent on letting the world know that they both have a child out of incest? Na wa for una o.

I would post Jamie's expression once the network is good. You will then tell me if it is a happy face or not.

As for your own bolded, your own legendary skills of deduction is epic. Go back to my quote and pin point the part where I said that you were wrong? Also, if there was a big reveal, why don't you tell us. Why wait for me to tell you? I gave my own summary, you can do same and give yours.

As for beric part, I believe that you have the issue of comprehension not me. Did you see the part where I said that it is ONE of the plans that the Lord of light have for him? I guess not.
watch that scene again

1.when she pointed at her belly jamie was surprised then happy...then sad because the last time she told people that Robert was the father of their children denying him of his fatherly rights to his children nd his children not knowing him as their father...that's why he replied her saying "who would you say the father is ?"...she replied " you" nd there you will see his smile nd obvious happiness

2.he then said "people won't like that"...and then cerci reminded him of what their father said about people... Which he replied "A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep"

He then touched her belly ...(show of affection)

He then initiated the kiss

Bottom line is he loves cerci and is excited at the second chance at being a father nd instead of being pushed out ..would be duely recognized as the father of his child

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by marylandcakes: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Rubyventures:

That's what I thought I saw a light house and Sam is not that vindictive.

Sam never set fire to the rest of the books he gazed up into the lighthouse ,

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Leyqute(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
alexistaiwo:

He did not mean the capitalised words literally

Probably.

But did he tell you this? Do you have a peek into the script?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by toluxe0075: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
who have seen ep6 teaser trailer.
It's certain we will be up for a treat with an epic battle between the magnificent seven and the white walkers. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Why has Dany not incinerated Euron's fleet? undecided

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
SIRcumalot:
you would rather he stayed loyal to his wife ? then no song of ice and fire.
Im indifferent.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jejemanito: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
If I were D.D I'd rewrite Jon Snow outta the Targaryan bloodline unto that of Robert Baratheon. Make up something like Rob and Lily lashed before Ray came into the picture afterall Robert knew her since he was a child

There's something about spoilers I can not stomach no matter how little

Suddenly everyone knows and expect Jon to be revealed as Lyanna and Rhaegar's son come the final season... The "oh ah" moment for that plot has been stolen

I hate it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2017
aight @Gbola5 cheesy.

brienne suppose dey that squad wey that march north,but time no dey to carry her join.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
your comment actually made me giggle for a bit there.
If Cersei owned those dragons? Hah! grin everyday will be barbecue in the yard day for drogon.
And I'm under no illusions as to what the power players have to do to maintain control or claw their way back to power..... It's almost always dirty and violent.....there is no way around that.

In one corner is Cersei, your quintessential power-hungry queen with zero restraint or consideration for the people's wishes.
On the opposite end we have Danaerys, a power-hungry wannabe queen who so far has been shown to actually care about what people think and is concerned about the little guy who gets trampled on when the two juggernauts go at it.

Contrary to what you said, I think they only seem similar on the surface. peel back the superficial layer and you find two women who are distinct opposites.

Lol, cersei ain't my queen, i prolly dislike her more than you do

All i'm saying is that if danny had passed thru somethings she did pass thru..... And without the advantage dragons
She'd prolly do worse

Even with the 3 dragons, anytime danny got pushed to the wall.... She also acts recklessly

What cersei passed through with the high sept.... In her own home.....
I don't really blame her

They ain't really different, just that danny maybe still have a soul..... Cersei.. Not

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.