Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,422 members, 7,881,547 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (94460 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:00am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

Just like me. Imagine I got a job in Washington D.C recently with higher pay. When I compared my proposed income to what I currently earn, Oh pls! I decided to stay in North Carolina.

Gbam. Even me i am eyeing opportunities in texas where my pay would go farther. I can buy a house there for 1/3 the price it would cost me right now in the NE. The place you live does not go on your CV.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 04, 2013
davidylan:

that is not luxury. That is suffering. grin If i pay $70,000/month on a house then it better come with a helipad. Only an idiot would spend that much money for a house no bigger than a match box.
lol.
OMG @ 800 pounds for electricity, is it per month, even here we pay for 3 months and its not up to that amount.

Relocate to Australia y'all. One doctor recently relocated here from the UK with his children and wife and they are all British citizens. The man has sworn never to relocate back to the UK because the hospital he works for here, gave him a house, a car, pay his bills and his children's school fees. I don't blame him for not wanting to move back.

Another Nigerian , who is into IT had to bring his bill to my husband for clarification cos he felt synergy made a mistake, he was expecting more.

I agree with coogar though, you's pay so much rent and have no space to even park your own car.

I feel for you's

@adaobi
I suggest you continue living with your parents
coogar:
this is why people complain londoners are stingy.....
nah, they are not stingy - it's just that they pay too much for littlest of things!

That's what most people don't understand about Londoners - we basically pay for everything, including oxygen... grin

We pay two water bills, for crying out loud!!

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by NLGwoodey: 3:03am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
What ?? Here it's 3 years.....but some end up working in tesco's

It is everywhere o. Just saw in the news today...some graduates are suing their law schools here
in California because they couldn't find jobs after graduating for many years contrary to the claims by
the schools that their law graduates take less than 6 months to find jobs.

The world has really changed....E no easy o. Atleast for naija, if level no dey, one can waka
for village stay small and repackage. But here...one thing always leads to another and it rarely
ends well
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 04, 2013
davidylan:

Gbam. Even me i am eyeing opportunities in texas where my pay would go farther. I can buy a house there for 1/3 the price it would cost me right now in the NE. The place you live does not go on your CV.

Exactly!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:03am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

That's what most people don't understand about Londoners - we basically pay for everything, including oxygen... grin

Well continue paying now... shebi you get money. grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:04am On Apr 04, 2013
jennykadry: OMG @ 800 pounds for electricity, is it per month, even here we pay for 3 months and its not up to that amount.

Relocate to Australia y'all. One doctor recently relocated here from the UK with his children and wife and they are all British citizens. The man has sworn never to relocate back to the UK because the hospital he works for here, gave him a house, a car, pay his bills and his children's school fees. I don't blame him for not wanting to move back.

Another Nigerian , who is into IT had to bring his bill to my husband for clarification cos he felt synergy made a mistake, he was expecting more.

I agree with coogar though, you's pay so much rent and have no space to even park your own car.

I feel for you's

@adaobi
I suggest you continue living with your parents
Till I'm married grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 04, 2013
NLG_woodey:

It is everywhere o. Just saw in the news today...some graduates are suing their law schools here
in California because they couldn't find jobs after graduating for many years contrary to the claims by
the schools that their law graduates take less than 6 months to find jobs.

The world has really changed....E no easy o. Atleast for naija, if level no dey, one can waka
for village stay small and repackage. But here...one thing always leads to another and it rarely
ends well
You see !!!!!!! grin grin
With law you need contacts cool
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:06am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

what about TV license?
the moment you buy your brand new TV, the store sends your details to the government and someone creepy is at your doorstep the next day asking you to pay TV license. the country is designed to collect wages and return back to the Queen.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 04, 2013
What's the rent like in the UK for a 3 bedroom house?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:07am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

what about TV license?
the moment you buy your brand new TV, the store sends your details to the government and someone creepy is at your doorstep the next day asking you to pay TV license. the country is designed to collect wages and return back to the Queen.

Fck me shocked TV Licence? This is a joke, are you kidding me right now?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by gbollykore: 3:07am On Apr 04, 2013
The purpose of money is to afford the good things of life, we work to get money to provide for our needs, money is not meant to be stored
There is nobody who does not pay bills, either you buy recharge cards from mike adenuga or you pay vigilantes to watch your house and buy diesel or petrol to run your generator and pumping machine

if people want more money so that they can afford more in life or have excess , so as to pay their bills and have reserve, they should look for more human problems to solve or increase their skills and they will get more income( this applies anywhere on planet earth)

paying bills is wonderful , especially when you enjoy the services!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:08am On Apr 04, 2013
jennykadry:

Fck me, TV Licence? This is a joke, are you kidding me right now?
Channels 1-5 tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by chucky234(m): 3:08am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
My dad almost cried when he saw the bill grin
Always complaining about the increase water and gas bill. I don't blame him sha. It's hard work.
That's where the chronic stingy attitude come from,hmmm
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by sandysprax(m): 3:08am On Apr 04, 2013
jennykadry: What's the rent like in the UK for a 3 bedroom house?

You're still asking? They say father house burn, u still wan know wether his beard got burnt? grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:08am On Apr 04, 2013
jennykadry:
Fck me, TV Licence? This is a joke, are you kidding me right now?

i swear!
you would pay TV license - you must pay it!
people get criminal records for not paying it. after paying for your TV and subscribing to a cable company, the QUEEN still takes her TV license from you.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 04, 2013
chucky234: That's where the chronic stingy attitude come from,hmmm
Shhrraappp. Come and pay the bills and we shall who is crying the most.

1 Like

coogar:
what about TV license?

That's how the system works - they give you with one had and take it back with the other one... Don't even get me started on the hidden cameras they've got everywhere for parking as well...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by NLGwoodey: 3:10am On Apr 04, 2013
As a matter of fact, there are some naija boys that sleep in their cars here. Any money that comes
their way is sent back home to build something for better tomorrow. I just hope "uncle''auntie' or whoever the
relations are that these folks are sending the money to are using the money well or
else these people will be screwed. One told me that he has been homeless for 7 years.
He lives in his minivan and showers in a gym somewhere. See rough life o.Some people get liver sha
!
sandysprax:

You're still asking? They say father house burn, u still wan know wether his beard got burnt? grin grin

Lmao. I used to say the above.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

what about TV license?

Are you joking? LMAO!! Then, buy your tv from black market.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Shhrraappp. Come and pay the bills and we shall who is crying the most.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

They will never understand because most of them aren't about that life... grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

i swear!
people get criminal records for not paying it. after paying for your TV and subscribing to a cable company, the QUEEN still takes her TV license from you.

Won't you relocate ni? Even my denzel2009 is looking at relocating

How much is the Tv licence
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 04, 2013
seriously, what the hell is TV license? you need a license to own/watch TV? wtf?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 04, 2013
that's really messed up..
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by sandysprax(m): 3:13am On Apr 04, 2013
NLG_woodey: As a matter of fact, there are some naija boys that sleep in their cars here. Any money that comes
their way is sent back home to build something for better tomorrow. I just hope "uncle''auntie' or whoever the
relation is that these folks are sending the money to are using the money well or
else these people will be screwed. One told me that he has been homeless for 7 years.
He lives in his minivan and showers in a gym somewhere. See rough life o.Some people get liver sha
!

Dayuummm!!! shocked shocked
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by 2legit2qwt: 3:13am On Apr 04, 2013
Wow TV license, What the heck
ItsModella: seriously, what the hell is TV license? you need a license to own/watch TV? wtf?

Hahaha i'm with you on this one, i'm confused
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

i swear!

na wa o. Buy transistor radio now
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:14am On Apr 04, 2013
gbollykore: The purpose of money is to afford the good things of life, we work to get money to provide for our needs, money is not meant to be stored
There is nobody who does not pay bills, either you buy recharge cards from mike adenuga or you pay vigilantes to watch your house and buy diesel or petrol to run your generator and pumping machine

if people want more money so that they can afford more in life or have excess , so as to pay their bills and have reserve, they should look for more human problems to solve or increase their skills and they will get more income( this applies anywhere on planet earth)

paying bills is wonderful , especially when you enjoy the services!

excellent post!
this is why i stopped complaining too - the people that complain do because of the nigerianess in us. all these bills and taxes are what runs the country efficiently. if i dial 999 now, cops would show up in the next 5 mins. if i break my pelvic bone, ambulance would be here within minutes and i would get free treatment.

jennykadry:
Won't you relocate ni? Even my denzel2009 is looking at relocating
How much is the Tv licence

australia is too far and i heard their racism is top class.
tv license is £135 a year or so. i pay it annually so i don't get to meet creepy people in my doorstep. these people act like ghosts - they take a device that would determine if you own a TV or not so you cannot escape them! grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 04, 2013
ItsModella: seriously, what the hell is TV license? you need a license to own/watch TV? wtf?
I know right?! I was like WTF?! I can see why they're mad...that's pretty messed up
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by 2legit2qwt: 3:14am On Apr 04, 2013
and Cooger and Shymex are telling us how great that life is, paying to watch TV other than the cable itself
davidylan:

na wa o. Buy transistor radio now
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (157) (Reply)

"It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama / Joe Biden Falls On Stage At U.S Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.