Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (94464 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Nah, they love their Eastenders, Coronation street, and Emmerdale... that's why they have to pay...

Nyggahs don't pay for that shiit - they just tell their kids not to open the door... grin
LOOOOOOOOL

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 04, 2013
MacLovington: .

As expensive as it is, I feel homesick out of London. Lol.

That's feeling, bro..

London is unique - I won't trade it for anywhere else...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:32am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Shymexx's ends grin

but things are quite expensive in peckham!
peckham would be the equivalent of ikoyi/obalende in lagos. i am not even sure the people that cause nuisance there actually stay there - they just own naija shops in the area.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 04, 2013
ItsModella:
Peckham tho? I heard that place is like a refugee camp for Africans grin grin
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 3:33am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL: London is overrated!!!

A lot of Nigerians living there are living below the minimum wage. You'll find most of them in Peckham, selling ata rodo && weaves. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well of course you won't see the Nigerian surgeons in theatres, nurses, civil servants or IT whizkids tucked away in the city of London, would you?

So you see only roadside sellers.

Oh I very much like it that I can buy African stuff from them, we've got to rep everywhere.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL: London is overrated!!!

A lot of Nigerians living there are living below the minimum wage. You'll find most of them in Peckham, selling ata rodo && weaves. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Can you record your Yorkshire accent and post it here, Ms yorkshire pudding?? - I want to laugh tonight... grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

peckham would be the equivalent of ikoyi/obalende in lagos. i am not even sure the people that cause nuisance there actually stay there - they just own naija shops in the area.
I rarely go Peckham, so I wouldnt know. Deptford is quite similar, no ? grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 3:35am On Apr 04, 2013
ItsModella:
Peckham tho? I heard that place is like a refugee camp for Africans grin grin

It is!

...uncles and aunties living with no papers.

If you mention 'immigration', you'll see the way they will all scatter.

3 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:35am On Apr 04, 2013
2legit2qwt:
They have something like that in Nigeria i think, well i read about it on NL.

I still think it's insane to be charged for turning on the TV after paying your electric and cable bills. Do you have to pay if you're only watching local channels as well?

the TV license funds BBC.
BBC unlike most channels don't do commercials - it's an attractive feature though! you can never see a commercial ad on BBC so they take money from the viewers to fund the TV station. all TV owners must pay this license - even black-n-white TVs(their fee is less though).

adaobi123:
I rarely go Peckham, so I wouldnt know. Deptford is quite similar, no ? grin

deptford? smelly area
some folks took me there once to eat naija food - i couldn't believe the filth. deptford is the oshodi of london. it's far worse than peckham!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

Bro, leave them - we enjoy the best of naija and UK in Peckham...

That's Lagos city in the heart of London Town...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Inoknowbook: 3:35am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

You can watch tv without a tv license, but don't let them come knocking on your door.... You will get fined and risk going to prison.

Now I know where these road transport workers aka agberos learnt about harassing drivers for radio licenses in naija. grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

It is!

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
LOOOOOOOOL

Seriously, do you know any nyggah that pays TV license?? grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

It is!

Hahahahaha.....*dies*
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:37am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Hell no grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 04, 2013
This is Peckham:

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:38am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

i pay TV license......
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 3:38am On Apr 04, 2013
MacLovington: .

Well of course you won't see the Nigerian surgeons in theatres, nurses, civil servants or IT whizkids tucked away in the city of London, would you?

So you see only roadside sellers.

Oh I very much like it that I can buy African stuff from them, we've got to rep everywhere.

Shut up!

Stop asking me stüpid questions... You benefit claiming whòre!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by fittty(m): 3:38am On Apr 04, 2013
Oya everybody go and sleep before I open my eyes! Una jst dey disturn my sleep angry Mumu!, una still dey pay license to watch tv! angry undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by chucky234(m): 3:38am On Apr 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
U live in Houston?! Shattap dia! Was your profile pic taken with a 0.5 megapixel camera? Even Nokia 3310 takes better pics, wetin?!
Who be dis popcorn na,I sure say your half-pass-four eyes no let you see the pic well to know say na Konica Pro dem use take dat pic over 12yrs.
Oya post your 2001 pics make we compare,chronic discombobulated goon roaming aimless on NL.
Too much Ijebu garri no let you see say Nokia 3310 no get flash no to talk of camera,imagine person wey dey kiri guguru and ekpa for Onitsha dey form Brit breed for NL sha.
Lie for here whether I no go take better hot e-slap seal that gutter wey you call mouth.
abiL:

It is!

IM FINISHED !!!! grin grin
How is it ghetto?? undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:39am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx: This is Peckham:

Nice flats
adaobi123:
Hell no grin grin

Well, there you go... grin

looks like a ghetto in the south side of chicago.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

i pay TV license......

Hmmmm... Law abiding citizen... grin

Well, you probably watch Coronation street, don't ya?? grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Ilekokonit: 3:40am On Apr 04, 2013

CFCfan
I heard that the tv License fee funds the BBC. How true is that?

Very true hence BBC channels don't need or have adverts.

dayokanu
Whats a TV license?
What of if you dont have a TV and stream using your Computer?

Its the licence you need to legally watch Tv in the UK. It costs approx £12 per month into perpetuity until you reach age 75 when you get a full discount. Failure to pay could lead to a £1000 fine or imprisonment and they pursue every address relentlessly until they are sure it is empty.

If you claim you don't have a Tv, you have to prove it to their staff who knock your door unannounced and at odd hours.

Even if you watch programmes with your computer, you still have to pay as long as you watch live programs as they are being broadcast.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by chucky234(m): 3:40am On Apr 04, 2013
fittty: Oya everybody go and sleep before I open my eyes! Una jst dey disturn my sleep angry Mumu!, una still dey pay license to watch tv! angry undecided
Help me ask them ooo,na him dat Popcorn dey claim wiseness for here wey that old woman wey dem call Queen Eliza take take her eyes see pepper for dat hole wey she dey say na UK.
UK my foot
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 3:40am On Apr 04, 2013

Yes it is. A few acres of Peckham. Why don't you show people what the real Peckham looks like.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

deptford? smelly area
some folks took me there once to eat naija food - i couldn't believe the filth. deptford is the oshodi of london. it's far worse than peckham!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL it's not that bad grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Nice flats

That's the Southampton way area... But Peckham looks nice now, though...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

Yes it is. A few acres of Peckham. Why don't you show people what the real Peckham looks like.
shymexx Show us peckam academy tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (157) (Reply)

This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama / Joe Biden Falls On Stage At U.S Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony (Video) / Man Ejaculates On Woman's Leg While Standing Behind Her On Queue In Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.