Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,456 members, 7,881,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (94466 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:41am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx: This is Peckham:

peckham don fine o......
jeez, what happened to the old council flats? i am proud of your MP. he's done well to rebrand peckham. if he can knock down that market then peckham would have ridden itself off the bad elements smearing the reputation of that great place.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by sandysprax(m): 3:43am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

Yes it is. A few acres of Peckham. Why don't you show people what the real Peckham looks like.

My thoughts exactly. The high street on a busy day.

U go just see Oyo women everywhere.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

Yes it is. A few acres of Peckham. Why don't you show people what the real Peckham looks like.

More pics:

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 3:43am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

but things are quite expensive in peckham!
peckham would be the equivalent of ikoyi/obalende in lagos. i am not even sure the people that cause nuisance there actually stay there - they just own naija shops in the area.

A lot of people feel at home there, a kind of community. Some own a few properties there and can afford to live elsewhere but prefer staying there.

It may not be ideal place for me but people are cool there...good transport link, an award-winning library design, Teaching hospital nearby.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

That's the Southampton way area... But Peckham looks nice now, though...
I'll pass it one day in the future
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 04, 2013
chucky234: Who be dis popcorn na,I sure say your half-pass-four eyes no let you see the pic well to know say na Konica Pro dem use take dat pic over 12yrs.
Poverty is written all over your post, I don't live in Britain dumb a*ss! The joke is on u, the Nokia 3310 statement is sarcasm, get a good education first and prolly u can see what I'm about. Fvck outta here, no one wants to read your lame posts.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:
peckham don fine o......
jeez, what happened to the old council flats? i am proud of your MP. he's done well to rebrand peckham. if he can knock down that market then peckham would have ridden itself off the bad elements smearing the reputation of that great place.

They have demolished everything... They have even started knocking down Aylesbury estate as well...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by chucky234(m): 3:44am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Bro, leave them - we enjoy the best of naija and UK in Peckham...

That's Lagos city in the heart of London Town...
Some part of my Lagos even try pass that Peckham village
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by 2legit2qwt: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2013
I wonder why you londoners are still up it's almost 5am tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by GalaxyNoteII: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2013
Boring discussion about boring Britain.

"Ol chap, hit me up with tea, will you my dear?"

Bleh.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2013
chucky234: Some part of my Lagos even try pass that Peckham village
I swear, no kidding. Peckham looks like mini-onitsha.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Inoknowbook: 3:46am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Mr. "color" and "vapor" - this is the University rankings: http://m.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/sep/11/qs-world-top-100-universities-data-mit-cambridge

Enjoy! undecided

You see, u ended up buttressing my argument. How many US schools are in the top 10 and how many UK schools are also in the top 10? Check the result urself son. U must be daft to compare the two countries. Go check the list of scientists that have won the Nobel price in the past, and you will find out that 90% of them are American universities professors. Check and report back to me as usual boy!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 3:46am On Apr 04, 2013
sandysprax:

I've only been once, and it's just awful. A lot of fresh off the boat niggas walking around the high street with chewing sticks in mouth.

Peckham is ghetto!!!!

2 Likes

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
shymexx Show us peckam academy tongue

Academy at Peckham for you(our secondary school):

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by GalaxyNoteII: 3:46am On Apr 04, 2013
WOW, pecham looks run-down. Jeez.

Someone needs to fire shymmex. . . . . worst ambassador ever
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 3:47am On Apr 04, 2013
sandysprax:

On a busy day you see a lot of black people? Is it not what you would see at Ikoyi? Would that make Ikoyi a refugee camp?

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:47am On Apr 04, 2013
I no know book:

You see, u ended up buttressing my argument. How many US schools are in the top 10 and how many UK schools are also in the top 10? Check the result urself son. Umiat be daft to compare the two countries. Go check the list of scientists that have won the Nobel price in the past, and you will find out that 90% of them are American universities professors. Check and report back to me as usual boy!

UK = 4 unis in top 6, enough said...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by 2legit2qwt: 3:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
Poverty is written all over your post, I don't live in Britain dumb a*ss! The joke is on u, the Nokia 3310 statement is sarcasm, get a good education first and prolly u can see what I'm about. Fvck outta here, no one wants to read your lame posts.
WTF!!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 3:47am On Apr 04, 2013
Galaxy.Note.II:
Boring discussion about boring Britain.

"Ol chap, hit me up with tea, will you my dear?"

Bleh.

No one says that!!!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:48am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:

So, you have never been to Peckham shocked
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Academy at Peckham for you(our secondary school):

Our secondary school ?
It's definitely improved from what it used to look like. It's was shyte back in the day.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:49am On Apr 04, 2013
chucky234: Some part of my Lagos even try pass that Peckham village

Lmao... You need to see Peckham in person to know Lagos doesn't stand a chance in heaven or hell.... grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by coogar: 3:49am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:
They have demolished everything... They have even started knocking down Aylesbury estate as well...

dang it!
where did they move all the mandems of the great aylesbury estate? this is like the fall of an empire.

I no know book:

You see, u ended up buttressing my argument. How many US schools are in the top 10 and how many UK schools are also in the top 10? Check the result urself son. U must be daft to compare the two countries. Go check the list of scientists that have won the Nobel price in the past, and you will find out that 90% of them are American universities professors. Check and report back to me as usual boy!

uk schools are as good if not better than american schools.
it's not only what is in those schools, it's what students can get out of there. i graduated from university of manchester(the school has produced 25 nobel laureates) including john dalton....founder of the atomic theory.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 3:49am On Apr 04, 2013
2legit2qwt: I wonder why you londoners are still up it's almost 5am tongue

It's almost 4am.. Time keeper!!
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by chucky234(m): 3:50am On Apr 04, 2013
Shollypopz:
Good education? This most be a joke because you never for once post something meaningful out here,and no one with good education will substitute probably for prolly.
You used the word "sarcasm" to hide your ignorance,what a shame..
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

So, you have never been to Peckham shocked
I have !!! Just not recently. No one is having parties in the halls of peckham anymore grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 3:50am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:

Adaobi,

Peckham is a very decent place, people are hardworking, you trust Naija people so it's just the reputation of the past. Of course working class areas may have more issues than high-brow areas but that's same worldwide.

I used to be scared of going to Peckham from hearsay.
Galaxy.Note.II:
WOW, pecham looks run-down. Jeez.

Someone needs to fire shymmex. . . . . worst ambassador ever

That's how everywhere old stomping ground in the UK looks...

They just love the old houses and the Victorian look....
2legit2qwt: I wonder why you londoners are still up it's almost 5am tongue
Most of them are jobless naw, I can bet my a*as coogar has ewedu store in peckham undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

It's almost 4am.. Time keeper!!
grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by MacLovington(m): 3:51am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL:

I've only been once, and it's just awful. A lot of fresh off the boat niggas walking around the high street with chewing sticks in mouth.

Peckham is ghetto!!!!
Lol.. lai lai
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 04, 2013
coogar:

dang it!
where did they move all the mandems of the great aylesbury estate? this is like the fall of an empire.

They moved them to the new flats... There are loads of South Americans there now as well..

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (157) (Reply)

This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama / Joe Biden Falls On Stage At U.S Air Force Academy Graduation Ceremony (Video) / Man Ejaculates On Woman's Leg While Standing Behind Her On Queue In Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.