Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,151 members, 7,880,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45188 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Kay17: 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Learn your history, your ignorance is embarrassing.

Jesus was a blackman. The Jews of the Bible were blacks. Jesus lived in the land of Canaan, which is Northeast Africa! The earliest Christians were black (Kingdom of Axum in Ethiopia, Copts in Egypt, etc.)

It is common sense to be in awe at creation, whether human abilities or natural phenomenon. Only a fool would posit that all of this came from an exploding dot, and not the meticulous and perfect planning of a supremely intelligent God.

SEE! this monty python history! Thankfully Jesus supposedly lived 2000yrs ago. So we know how and what he would have looked like. This is sad.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kay 17:

If Faith is blindness and the belief in God is solely based on Faith, then the conclusion is, there is no merit in believing in God, just as there is none searching for colours with closed eyes!
To have faith in God means to have a perfect clear vision ! Not to have faith in God means to be blind !
See below the meaning of faith :
''Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen''.
I already claim things before i see them physically.Not the other way round becos it is a spiritual matter !
God help us
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Kay17: 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
sunkoye: yes, bt pple are tired being a freethinker or atheist. very barren....isnt it? now they are getting themselves into something more dangerous? Higher consciousness. men wants to be God! i remembered the issues with the sons of God during pre flood time and the tower of babel in post flood days! yes come yes come as the days of noah! times of hybrid. days of God's wrath! when we have half men half god. men shall be vast in knowledge, super humans we shall be. we shall challenge the Most High, and the Lamb. only few Christians will survive as the scripture foretold even when they days were cut for the sake of the chosen. as people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken as the Lion of the tribe of judah appear with His Glory! then every every will understand that they have crossed boundaries when humans left their first estate to seek glorified bodies or consciousness. it has began!!!!!

In other words Knowledge is bad?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by onitshaigbo(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kay 17:

Is the Bible the only source of spiritual knowledge? How did the writers of the Bible gain such knowledge? Did God tell em? How did God tell em? Through dreams?

The Bible is ABSOLUTELY THE ONLY TEXTUAL SOURCE of spiritual knowledge. The writers of the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. We are not to question the exact process of transmission.
Kay 17:

SEE! this monty python history! Thankfully Jesus supposedly lived 2000yrs ago. So we know how and what he would have looked like. This is sad.

Wow, your inferiority complex says that Jesus must be oyibo. I know in my heart and also from textual evidence that Jesus is a blackman.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Moralistli(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Only a fool will dispute/argue GOD's existence.....

Believing is seeing! Just believe, and don't dare reason how he operates....If you try that, then the devil will keep celebrating because you are probably off the right track...

Anyways, each to his own,,,,, I am glad that i am not caught in between.... I am quite convinced that my redeemer liveth. No circumstance can wave me. I have decided to follow Jesus, no going back till the end of time....

I am as steadfast as my maker. Thank you ALMIGHTY GOD, n may you have mercy on these so called atheists that are obviously driven n captured by agents of darkness.

Thank you Lord!

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Kay17: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Carnally minded people will find it difficult to understand spiritual matters. Where do one start to explain to you now ?
How can i tell you about vision,dream,inaudible spoken word of God,the voice of God inspiration as it's given by God,Rhema as in revelational knowledge ?It will be too much for you to comprehend unless you open ur mind to accept these things.
May God help u

Please start with Dreams!

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
Emusan:

Yes in one way or the other we are all unbelievers mind you Christianity is not a religion is a life eternal (life after death) and the right way to be with God. What other religions claim in their life after death?

You might have wondered about things that's going on in Christendom today, yes it will surely happen because people are not seeking for salvation anymore but the earthly things. I can assure you that only 2-3% that are true christian why others seek for vain things.

christianity is not a religion? i bet my $100 you heard that from a nigerian pastor, hahahaha!! that is nigerian version of christianity, i bet another $50 the church you heard this was founded by the pastor and his wife? hahahaha!!!
my dear, just pay your tithe and go home, we have been there. cool
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
Moralistli: Only a fool will dispute/argue GOD's existence.....

Believing is seeing! Just believe, and don't dare reason how he operates....If you try that, then the devil will keep celebrating because you are probably off the right track...

Anyways, each to his own,,,,, I am glad that i am not caught in between.... I am quite convinced that my redeemer liveth. No circumstance can wave me. I have decided to follow Jesus, no going back till the end of time....

I am as steadfast as my maker. Thank you ALMIGHTY GOD, n may you have mercy on these so called atheists that are obviously driven n captured by agents of darkness.

Thank you Lord!
You are just being sentimental with this your comment. I can only see you as a preacher who is limited by emotions and very adamant to face reality.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by bokohalal(m): 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2013

Thank you Lord!

God is the grown ups Santa Claus.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Kay17: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2013

Thank you Lord!
But God loves wisdom, Jesus was a wise man. We are to desist from foolishness. The opposite of wisdom is foolishness. To reason is to be wise. I don't think you know Jesus or you are a disciple of the wisdom loving God.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
gentleman, u believe there is no God, yet u didnt find it difficult to believe the same God killed 70000 people when their king counted them. When i read to that point, i knew i had read enough and could only see ur feelings. You argue that people cant prove that God exist, but you cant also disprove His existence. I think u still have some more thinking to do.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kay 17:

Please start with Dreams!
I want to believe you know what dream is !
There are 3 sources of dreams.
1.Self
2.devil
3.God
You can give ur self a dream at night especially from the multitudes of the days activities.
The devil can also give you a dream anytime of the day. The devil's dream to you MUST contradict the word of God. If you are not conversant with the word,it will be difficult for you to tell if the dream is from the devil !
God speaks to HIS own in the dream and also warns HIS children of an impending danger.There are revelations in dreams. An issue can be solved in the dream as given to man by God.
k 17,the above write up might not necessarily be for you but who knows,one or two others out here can learn something from the explanation of dreams and how God speaks to us through it.
So which other one do you want cos i do not have all the time for these....
May God help u
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kay 17: But God loves wisdom, Jesus was a wise man. We are to desist from foolishness. The opposite of wisdom is foolishness. To reason is to be wise. I don't think you know Jesus or you are a disciple of the wisdom loving God.
To disprove the workings of the Almighty is counted as foolishness unto man by God but to accept Christ as ur lord and personal savior is wisdom !
You see how it works !
God help us
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
We shouldn’t worship a monster because he offers us salvation from a pit of fire he himself is threatening us with.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
onitshaigbo:

You are a traitor to Nigeria and indeed all of Africa. Go back to Sodom and Gomorrah (London or San Francisco) where you'll feel more comfortable with a large gay population.
Okay fanatic! I hope you don't have bomb tied around your waist.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kay 17:

In other words Knowledge is bad?
Knowledge isn't bad but seek the right knowledge ! What is the right knowledge ? Knowledge sought in line with the scriptures ! It's a free world where account is only taken after death !
God help us
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kay 17:

Wrong application of that verse. It refers to people of faith who inspite of faith don't believe.
Most of them don't even understand their contradictory books and quick to quote them. How silly and pathetic to be in such state or condition.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
sunkoye: yes, bt pple are tired being a freethinker or atheist. very barren....isnt it? now they are getting themselves into something more dangerous? Higher consciousness. men wants to be God! i remembered the issues with the sons of God during pre flood time and the tower of babel in post flood days! yes come yes come as the days of noah! times of hybrid. days of God's wrath! when we have half men half god. men shall be vast in knowledge, super humans we shall be. we shall challenge the Most High, and the Lamb. only few Christians will survive as the scripture foretold even when they days were cut for the sake of the chosen. as people fainting with fear and with foreboding of what is coming on the world. For the powers of the heavens will be shaken as the Lion of the tribe of judah appear with His Glory! then every every will understand that they have crossed boundaries when humans left their first estate to seek glorified bodies or consciousness. it has began!!!!!

can you read the story of the tower of babel again and go to broad street or any commercial area in the world an look at the highrise buildings and towers and even the tallest building in the world nesting at about 2722 ft..

And that aside there are so many Nasa's space ship above in the space.....

Does any of the above make sense to you?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
ifeness: We shouldn’t worship a monster because he offers us salvation from a pit of fire he himself is threatening us with.
Another atheist or should i say a pagan ? Well not so sure but God will see you through ! I will still speak on ur behalf today by the grace of God.
God help u
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by onitshaigbo(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
all4naija: Okay fanatic! I hope you don't have bomb tied around your waist.

No, unlike you I love life because I know what my purpose here on earth is to serve Almighty God. For you dirty Atheist it's to indulge yourselves in all kinds of immoralities, which would sooner or later kill you.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Tracetruth: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2013
Whose freewill is in question here? Is it the little girl who is a victim of wickedness or the perpetrator that used his gift to chose good for the benefit of mankind or evil to the detriment of existence
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
onitshaigbo:

No, unlike you I love life because I know what my purpose here on earth is to serve Almighty God. For you dirty Atheist it's to indulge yourselves in all kinds of immoralities, which would sooner or later kill you.
Please don't call anyone dirty ! Christ never asked us to do so !
God help us as well !
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rawar: 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
my fellow being, every article been posted here are all enternaning ....but let me warn all of us (both ) We Africa have our own belief like wise WHITEs etc... before xtian and bible arrived we africa have allready started worshiping what whites call IDOL even without having idol study but just belive.... reason diz, how come AIR, how come SUN and it component ...you see who invent diz above mention and its source ? every body is blind... its those that sees control d affair of d world...HOw? a A athiest don't share his power with any body or those men that control d affair of d world but xtian do .-HOW? when praying they call many name to pray for them like St.,Angel,virgin etc so that when
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
Tracetruth: Whose freewill is in question here? Is it the little girl who is a victim of wickedness or the perpetrator that used his gift to chose good for the benefit of mankind or evil to the detriment of existence
You don't use evil to do 'good' no matter how you look at it. Evil is evil !
God help us
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
onitshaigbo:

Look at what purpose you chose to accept than face reality. What do you die to do then? So, you purpose is limited to God who is claimed to be eternal. Please, you are intelligent more than this.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by jahjehova(m): 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
ooman:

Only a fool will let ignorance control him.

The whites keep the statutes in their museum and they call Them African relics. where do you get the idea that they worship them?

No one ever said christians are born with the bible. I was a christian myself.

Science is natural observation and our observation say that God does not exist and that is what am telling you. God does not exist-that is a fact. You are delusional.
Please give me one, just 1 proof from ur 'observations' that God dosen't exist.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by petition: 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
I'm nt surprised at everything dis guy wrote.Having attended a seminary or being a pastor for many years does not mean u know God. What they teach in seminary is "human means of explaining God" Nobody can understand God with human brain.That is why even science has so many unanswered questions. God is so REAL than any thing in d world.But d fact that you dont know how to access God does not mean He does nt exist.
One last word of advice, let evry1 holds on to whatever he/she believes.TIME WILL TELL.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Kay17: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
m.k.o2005:

To have faith in God means to have a perfect clear vision ! Not to have faith in God means to be blind !
See below the meaning of faith :
''Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen''.
I already claim things before i see them physically.Not the other way round becos it is a spiritual matter !
God help us

HMmm. You agreed with me that Faith is blind and now you are saying its seeing clearly! Now its a spiritual matter. I personally believe Faith is non communicative, so you will always be rounded up in confusion explaining it.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by moneyhungry(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
If you believe all non believers will go to hell and
spend an eternity in a burning furnace. Isn't that
punishment enough, why the urge to hasten their
departure? Christians who criticize muslims as being
barbaric haven't obviously read the old testament or
read historical accounts of the early days of their
religion. Witch hunts, crusades, burning of heretics etc.
For a sect so insistent on the eradication of reason, why
do they desperately try to influence the affairs of the
world they claim not to belong to. Science has done
more for mankind in the past century than any
imaginary god has done since his supposed creation of
the world. We see the miracles of science everyday
growing evidence that we ® the gods we have been
searching for. I have searched for 'godly' miracles in
the places where they ought to be found. In churches
that heal the blind, we see more blind people begging
outside the gates of the church. For every human that
wakes up alive due to grace of 'god', millions of other
humans died the night before. For every person who
prayed to a god in other 2 pass an exam, gain a
promotion, earn financial breakthrough, be protected
from enemies etc. There ® others who have greater
faith and prayed harder who weren't extended such
courtesy. If god were the president of a country, that
country would be Nigeria where you wake up everyday
grateful for the slight improvement in power, roads or
increment in your salary and forget it could and should
be better. Imagine a world without religion, where
people wouldn't go to war and kill each other over
which imaginary friend, the other person speaks
insanely to. Imagine a world governed by reason,
where we can love our fellow men for who they ® and
not shrink at the fact that they do not share our
delusions. When I look around me, I realize that the
hour is close at hand when men shall finally look
inwards rather than upwards for solutions. If you doubt
me, u can fast for 40days and nights. Kneel down till
you ® crippled in prayers so you can get an answer to
a question you seek. I'll simply wake up one morning
and get my answer from google.
peace.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Tracetruth: 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You don't use evil to do 'good' no matter how you look at it. Evil is evil !
God help us
I'm sorry, your response is due to your understanding of my incomplete writeup. I meant to say the one who used his gift of freewill in doing evil used it wrongly. Thanks
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by dnawah(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Beretta92: Yeah,this guy reminds me of how back in the days,i also spent sleepless nights on my knees seeking god to use me.How i spent entire days on my bible.i still have that bible.Although i was quite young,my spiritual expectations were enormous.My preaching both in n out of the pulpit moved 'sinners' to tears.And finally i found out i'd been seeking the air all along.
and u gave up?chai!the angel who was coming with ur prayer answers,must have given it to some one.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by moneyhungry(m): 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lilimax:
It is only a fool that says there is no God. For your information, My Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, died and resurrected. He is currently seated at the right hand of God making intercession for the saint.
These are MYSTERIES- Human reasoning can never comprehend it except you are spiritually discerned.
a mad man believes he sees and talks to who
he says he sees and talks to. That doesn't mean such
imaginary friend exist. 'God' has never failed me if you
® of the opinion that I am who I am out of frustration
and disappointment. I simply realized a few things, eg I
really haven't seen anything god has supposedly done
that doesn't have any other explanation. Over the
centuries lots of people have been sent to their graves
and misled by men who had an encounter with a god.
A friend reminded me that I owe my success in my bar
exams to god. I reminded him of all the sleepless nights
I spent reading for the exam. He said, there ® others
who read as hard and still failed. I informed him that
there were lots of atheist and muslims who also passed
the bar exam, making better grades than christians. So
I asked him, If I had prayed to god and not read, would
I have passed, he said no. I asked, if I had read and not
prayed would I have passed, he said probably.
My question then is this, how then is god responsible
for my success?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS / Sex In The Dream!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.