Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,901 members, 7,945,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

The Fires Of Hell - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fires Of Hell (10667 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Typing in uppercases just confirms your problem with anger that I alluded to earlier.

You ve not seen anger and you are talking. The upper case I used for you is to lay emphasis on what am saying. If you can't accept what I told you that am not angry with you then that's your business. As for the quotations you ve given me I give them back to you because you are the one displaying anger for the sake of the bitter truth I ve told you. Read those scriptures well and digest it. You ll see that you need them more. Stop playing holier than thou. I know I am not worthy, am relying on God's grace in my heavenly journey. Without his grace I will be lost eternally so am not even claiming anything. You that is posing strong, be careful lest thou miss the race. May God help us all. Amen.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 12:11am On Apr 23, 2013
@pyguru,
Am not saying that am free of anger rather I said that for that particular reply he said I was angry, I wasn't angry. When am angry I show it plain, I don't hide it.
Honestly, I always laugh at the zeal Ola is using to defend his church before replying him. If am angry, the words I ll be using to reply him will not be compared with this ones that you called anger. Am thru with this topic of hell that's why am not talking about it. The in-thing now is that Ola must change his deeper life mentality and have the mentality that its all about Jesus and not church. You too must change if you have church mentality.
Now friend, you owe me your prayers that God should KICK anger outta me. I ve never said am perfect. I have weak points here and there so remember me in your prayers as we match along to heaven. God will help us to make heaven. Amen.
Thanks.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 12:17am On Apr 23, 2013
alexleo: @pyguru,
Am not saying that am free of anger rather I said that for that particular reply he said I was angry, I wasn't angry. When am angry I show it plain, I don't hide it.
Honestly, I always laugh at the zeal Ola is using to defend his church before replying him. If am angry, the words I ll be using to reply him will not be compared with this ones that you called anger. Am thru with this topic of hell that's why am not talking about it. The in-thing now is that Ola must change his deeper life mentality and have the mentality that its all about Jesus and not church. You too must change if you have church mentality.
Now friend, you owe me your prayers that God should KICK anger outta me. I ve never said am perfect. I have weak points here and there so remember me in your prayers as we match along to heaven. God will help us to make heaven. Amen.
Thanks.
ok cool
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
frosbel:

However, contending that since the trinity is such a confusing mystery, it must have come from divine revelation creates another major problem why? Because divine revelation itself does not allow for such a view of God: "God is not a God of confusion" - 1 Corinthians 14:33, Revised Standard Version.

The JW's publication where you got this heresy from has been debunked in the link below. Here's one of the points that defused the lies from the pit of hell that you now subscribe to:

"If One God excludes Jesus from God, then One Lord excludes God from being Lord"

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-frames-start-page-SYBTT.htm

frosbel:

Hell may scare you into obedience, as for me obedience is a result of a deep love for God , not because he is gonna burn me in an oven for eternity , lol.

There is what is called "legitimate scare tactics. This is when TV adverts show for instance, what happens if you're stupid enough not to fasten your seat belts and get involved in a head on collision. But here they use crash dummies having its head crashed by a steering wheel in a collision. The effect on prospective drivers is for them to have a healthy fear that will propel them into wearing their seat belts.

To warn of hell is also fearful, but it is absolutely legitimate, because it is written in the Holy Scriptures that:

"It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God"
(Hebrews 10:31).

frosbel:

If preaching hell makes you feel all macho, keep it to yourself, just do not mislead others with your myths.

It is because folks preach about the reality of hell without using the Moral Law to bring about the knowledge of sin that makes you develop a phobia for it. How can a sinner conceive of the thought that God would send anyone to hell, as he is deceived with the thought that God's standard of righteousness is the same as his. Take a cue from the Apostle Paul:

"And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come Felix trembled, and answered, Go your way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for you"
(Acts 24:25)

You can see that Felix was convicted because of the righteousness that is of the Law and the judgment by the Law, it is just unfortunate that he posponed the day of his salvation who know whether it became too late. But the fact remains that Felix all of a sudden understood that he was a guilty sinner in the sight of a holy God. The reality of hell suddenly became reasonable to him because the Moral Law was used to bring the knowledge of sin to him.

frosbel:

Again , there is a lake of fire for wicked hypocrites and sinners , but this has nothing to do with your mythical hell after death and subsequent eternal torment.

Are you a sinner?

frosbel:

well if I was a new believer and asked this most simple question, surely you as a great teacher of the Law should be able to respond , no ?

If that was the case you would have understood what others explained in the earlier pages and I would have been happy to elucidate further, and since this is not case with you now how then do you think my answering your kweshun would make a difference?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
alexleo:

I can see that you are the defence minister of deeper life. This is characteristics of a lot of your members and its a disease that has eaten deep into the deeper life system. See the zeal and zest you are using to defend your church as if it is Jesus Christ himself. Tomorrow you ll say that cstholics or pagans are idol worshippers but you have displayed deeper life as your idol in your reactions. Now, you are calling me busy body because I told you what you are doing that is wrong while yoO are also here telling people of their wrong. You are also a busy body. Now let me tell you that it is this church woshiping Idolatory that has promoted hypochrisy among brethren. I tell you Ola that hypochrisy thrives in such a my-church-mentaliity environment. I don't have a problem with any single deeper lifer but I have problem with the way you people worship your church as if its Jesus Christ himself. Am not happy with the false feeling which you peopple have that your church is the true and best church for those who wants to make heaven(same also goes for my church). Am not happy when other brethren that is not of your church is seen as an unsaved soul(same goes fOr my church). You and I know that a lot of our brethren have this silly notions and this is total pride. God hates pride Ola. Open your eyes in humility and see what satan is doing to some of our members. You think heavens gate will open to anybody because he is deeper lifer ? No way.

I can see what the devil is using you to do here. To distract and divert viewers from the doctrine of eternal damnation and then focus on what divides us. Let me give you a brief history of how this divide and rule all began.

"In the early 1500s, a German monk named Martin Luther was so conscious of his sins that he spent up to six hours in the confessional. Through study of the Scriptures he found that salvation didn't come through anything he did, but simply through trusting in the finished work of the cross of Jesus Christ. He listed the contradictions between what the Scriptures said and what his church taught, and nailed his "95 Thesis" to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany.

Martin Luther became the first to "protest" against the Roman church, and thus he became the father of the Protestant church. Since that split, there have been many disagreements about how much water one should baptise with, how to sing what and why, who should govern who, etc, causing thousands of splinter groups. Many of these groups are convinced that they alone are right. These have become known as Protestant "denominations." Despite the confusion, these churches subscribe to certain foundational beliefs such as the deity, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Bible says, "The foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his (2 Timothy 2:19)
"

"Thomas Jefferson once wrote of a preacher, Richard Mote, "who "exclaimed aloud to his congregaton that he did not believe there was a Quaker, Presbyterian, Methodist or Baptist in heaven, having paused to give his hearers time to stare and to wonder. He added that, in heaven, God knew no distinctions"
- The Evidence Bible.

So you can see that the OP is not promoting a tradition of any particular church but a bible doctrine. You can also see that the fact that we have splinter groups does not intrinsically detract from our unity especially on foundational bible doctrines those who differ are known as cults such as the ones frosbel is promoting.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
Boomark:

Hmm...did you not learn from the parable of the sower "some fell on the way side, stony ground, among thorns, but others on good ground." mat 13:3-9.

If you are looking for a particular target to convert then you are wasting your time. There are a lot of people here not just me who might have difficulty in understanding some things in the bible.

Share the truth you have unless you are ashamed because what you have is not true and you choose to dribble us.

It is good that you admitted that I'll be wasting my time teaching you. John Paul Getty made the following statement to that effect:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig"

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig" grin grin grin

i love this quote. i hope frosbel and his entourage are seeing this. thanks ola.

2 Likes

Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
alexleo:

You ve not seen anger and you are talking. The upper case I used for you is to lay emphasis on what am saying. If you can't accept what I told you that am not angry with you then that's your business. As for the quotations you ve given me I give them back to you because you are the one displaying anger for the sake of the bitter truth I ve told you. Read those scriptures well and digest it. You ll see that you need them more. Stop playing holier than thou. I know I am not worthy, am relying on God's grace in my heavenly journey. Without his grace I will be lost eternally so am not even claiming anything. You that is posing strong, be careful lest thou miss the race. May God help us all. Amen.

Anger is not good for your health my brother. All this bragado will not help you. I'll give you the story of a man diagnosed with high blood pressure. The doctor that interviewed him discovered that this man was hot tempered and easily angered. You can see that anger not only causes sicknesses and diseases it also incurs God's judgment as I have highlighted in one of my earlier posts to you. Anger breaks your connection with the Almighty God and also renders your service to God unacceptable.

The solution once again is repentance from this sin of anger and then proceed to reconcile with whoever in "Deeper life" has offended you.

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bidam: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig" grin grin grin

i love this quote. i hope frosbel and his entourage are seeing this. thanks ola.

Can you imagine annoying a pig?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
OLAADEG:

So you can see that the OP is not promoting a tradition of any particular church but a bible doctrine. You can also see that the fact that we have splinter groups does not intrinsically detract from our unity especially on foundational bible doctrines those who differ are known as cults such as the[b] ones frosbel is promoting[/b].
yeah.. by kicking against the trinity
by kicking against hell
by kicking against resurrection
by kicking against the deity of Jesus
by kicking against tithing
that's a demonic cult if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

annoying a pig ? my brother.. grin
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

grin
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bidam:

yeah.. by kicking against the trinity
by kicking against hell
by kicking against resurrection
by kicking against the deity of Jesus
by kicking against tithing
that's a demonic cult if you ask me.

That's what I call spiritual anarchy where they display the spirit of antinomianism. See the link below to see how their anti trinity doctrine was debunked.

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fact is , your version of hell is a myth conjured up by satanists , cults and false teachers.

That Ola cannot decipher John 14:3 says a lot in itself , that he is neither able to comprehend sound doctrine talk less of disseminate it .
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

That's what I call spiritual anarchy where they display the spirit of antinomianism. See the link below to see how their anti trinity doctrine was debunked.

grin this is really a gold mine.thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bidam: "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig" grin grin grin

with all the false doctrines and false teachings you are encumbered with, you will surprised to find yourself on the other side.

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
[quote author=OLAADEGBU]

The JW's publication where you got this heresy from has been debunked in the link below. Here's one of the points that defused the lies from the pit of hell that you now subscribe to:

"If One God excludes Jesus from God, then One Lord excludes God from being Lord"

Even SATAN and demons know better than a so called follower of Jesus, lol , for starters they always referred to Jesus as Son of God never God, but you are so blinded by the teachings of your cult, it is impossible for you to understand this simple truth.

There is what is called "legitimate scare tactics. This is when TV adverts show for instance, what happens if you're stupid enough not to fasten your seat belts and get involved in a head on collision. But here they use crash dummies having its head crashed by a steering wheel in a collision. The effect on prospective drivers is for them to have a healthy fear that will propel them into wearing their seat belts.

To warn of hell is also fearful, but it is absolutely legitimate, because it is written in the Holy Scriptures that:

(Hebrews 10:31).

Once again you exhibit an arrant disability when tackling simple truths, what does Hebrew 10:31 have to do with you mythical version of hell ?

But at least, you now admit that your gospel is one of scare tactics not of loving God .

It is because folks preach about the reality of hell without using the Moral Law to bring about the knowledge of sin that makes you develop a phobia for it. How can a sinner conceive of the thought that God would send anyone to hell, as he is deceived with the thought that God's standard of righteousness is the same as his. Take a cue from the Apostle Paul:

But Paul never preached on your mythical hell , not once , not ever, I wonder why smiley

You can see that Felix was convicted because of the righteousness that is of the Law and the judgment by the Law, it is just unfortunate that he posponed the day of his salvation who know whether it became too late. But the fact remains that Felix all of a sudden understood that he was a guilty sinner in the sight of a holy God. The reality of hell suddenly became reasonable to him because the Moral Law was used to bring the knowledge of sin to him.

Once again, a poor misunderstanding of scripture , you seem to be so frightened of hell , such that you see hell all over the bible. Fear not smiley

Felix was afraid of judgement and punishment , not your mythical hell.

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bidam: frosbela or whateva your name implies...you need Christ.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2013
frosbela:
are you the wife of frosbel?
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Boomark(m): 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

It is good that you admitted that I'll be wasting my time teaching you. John Paul Getty made the following statement to that effect:

If you feel it is a waste of time to teach me then teach my brothers who are reading. I hope there will be no more excuses.

It is Jn 14:3 and they are waiting for your explanations.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Boomark(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2013

Don't be over joyous my friend. Anybody can state that quote and be happy as long as it helps you to run away from answering a question.

If i had time i would give other quotes that will gladden your heart as you continue your flight.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Boomark(m): 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 11:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bidam: grin this is really a gold mine.thanks.

Smh!!!!....and what is that gold mine?......the trash ola posted abi?.......

I still can't understand why you guys up till this moment deny that mary is the mother of God if you still stubbornly hold on to the pagan trinity......

Bidam!!!!!!!!.......

You still dey find a trinity rope to hold on to abi??....I'm coming with my knife to cut it......wink........
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
frosbel:

Ola forgets that we all know (including him) that 1 corinthians 8:6 clearly shows that the one God over all is the Father and that the one Lord of the christian church(who was appointed by the Father) is the Son cheesy.....

The fool still cannot understand simple scriptures....

And bidam dey follow am for yansh.......

Ola forgets that when the word "the LORD" was used in the old testament is solely was taken the place of the tetragramatton.....

One thing ola and all trinitarians don't know is that the trinity cannot stand the truth about who God is..............

It will alwÀys fail......
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Anger is not good for your heath my brother all this bragado will not help you. I'll give you the story of a man diagnosed with high blood pressure. The doctor that interviewd him discovered that this man was hot tempered and easily irritated. You can see that anger not only causes sicknesses and diseases it also incurs God's judgment as I have highlighted in one of my earlier posts to you. Anger breaks your connection with the Almighty God and also renders your service to God unacceptable.

The solution once again is repentance from this sin of anger and then proceed to reconcile with whoever in "Deeper life" has offended you.

I ve told you the truth about you and your deeper life church mentality which seems to be tilting towards idolatory. If you like call my words anger or anything you want, that's your business. Anybody that reads my conversation with you on this issue will agree with me that you idolize your deeper life church so much.I wonder the true place of Jesus christ in your deeper life coated heart. Quite a pity for someone who is expected to be a follower of Jesus.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by ijawkid(m): 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ola incase you've suffered from memory Loss you can recite this scripture.......
1corinthians 11:3

New Living Translation (©2007)
But there is one thing I want you
to know
: The head of every man is
Christ, the head of woman is man,
and the head of Christ is God.

Nonsense trinity pagan dogma....angry
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bidam:

grin this is really a gold mine.thanks.

You're welcome, anytime.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Bidam:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig" grin grin grin

That's why I'll be wasting my time teaching John 14:3. Wasting my time is bad enough but to annoy the pig would be adding "insult on injury". shocked
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
frosbel:

Even SATAN and demons know better than a so called follower of Jesus, lol , for starters they always referred to Jesus as Son of God never God, but you are so blinded by the teachings of your cult, it is impossible for you to understand this simple truth.

Don't be a miscreant. Deal with this statement:

frosbel:

Once again you exhibit an arrant disability when tackling simple truths, what does Hebrew 10:31 have to do with you mythical version of hell ?

Don't be a nescient. When the Scriptures says that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God; does that mean a walk in the park or a nap?

frosbel:

But at least, you now admit that your gospel is one of scare tactics not of loving God .

To warn of hell is fearful and is absolutely legitimate.

frosbel:

But Paul never preached on your mythical hell , not once , not ever, I wonder why

How will you know that when you and your antinomian colleagues never use the Law to bring about the knowledge of sin which the Holy Spirit uses to convince, convict and eventually convert the sinners if they repent?

"And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and you see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged"
(John 16:8-11).

frosbel:

Once again, a poor misunderstanding of scripture , you seem to be so frightened of hell , such that you see hell all over the bible. Fear not

Don't be vacuous. Everyone knows that if they break the law of gravity the result can be catastrophic. If you jump out of an airborne plane without a parachute, what do you think will happen to you if you transgress the law of gravity?

frosbel:

Felix was afraid of judgement and punishment , not your mythical hell.

Are you now saying that Paul used scare tactics? What was the judgment and punishment he was afraid of? I noted that you avoided the question I asked whether you are a sinner or not.

"And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come Felix trembled, and answered, Go your way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for you"
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Boomark:

Don't be over joyous my friend. Anybody can state that quote and be happy as long as it helps you to run away from answering a question.

If i had time i would give other quotes that will gladden your heart as you continue your flight.

That quote should give you a clue why it would not be a good idea to teach you when you are not ready to learn.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
alexleo:

I ve told you the truth about you and your deeper life church mentality which seems to be tilting towards idolatory. If you like call my words anger or anything you want, that's your business. Anybody that reads my conversation with you on this issue will agree with me that you idolize your deeper life church so much.I wonder the true place of Jesus christ in your deeper life coated heart. Quite a pity for someone who is expected to be a follower of Jesus.

It is rather you that is fixated on "Deeper Life." Get an afterlife! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Label Pastors As Crooks? / Why You Should Avoid Backbiting And Tarnishing Others Behind Their Back / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.