Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,704 members, 7,945,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (180511 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2009
baba no vex oo

downgrading for me isnt possible , but anyways they have blocked my UDID , the only way for it to work is for me to purchase it ,

yeah have been using cyder , pretty cool

u dey lag ? holla if u dey around
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
Could any of you give sources for cyder?
all the ones i am inputting are bringing back no packages. have tried bigboss, modmyi to no success
maybe i am doing something wrong.
holla
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2009
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2009
thanks! a lot!
the stupid shit was doing my head in.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2009
doesnt download packages. Vista Ultimate.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
mine wasn't downloading packages on my windows 7 ultimate beta. but the sources logica put up solved all that.
@ ex, are you using mivtones? somehow mine has expired and they expect me to pay. any ideas?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2009
Why do u guys think the problem has anything to do with the O/S?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
Those with 5.8 Boot Loader on their 3G can now downgrade their Base-band from 02.30 to 02.28 after upgrading to Firmware 2.2.1.

Of course not many people have 5.8 BL. I have 5.9. You can check your BL using the BBUpdaterExtreme. For more instructions use Google.

In any case, I have been able to upgrade to 2.2.1 using a custom 2.2.1 Firmware which of course didn't upgrade my BB to 02.30.

Also watch out for Linux on iPhone. http://www.iphonelinux.org/index.php/Main_Page

I want nothing more than to be able to run Ubuntu on my phone. Interesting thing is, Open-iBoot will support multi-boot.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Ced8: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
lipsrsealed nobody said thanks to Ex for that most useful post.Thank u,hey, U really helped out a friend of mine(he finds foreign forums intimidating) grin and of cos i took all the credit wink
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by rock101(m): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2009
I just saw something like Installous is now controlled by apple and it should be uninstalled. How true is this?
http://www.installous.com/2009/04/important-remove-current-installous.html
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2009
logica:

Why do u guys think the problem has anything to do with the O/S?

would it surprise you? Vista's antics are well-know. recently an iphone theme designing app i downloaded refused to work. i found out you need dotnet 3.5. most of these apps are coded with Visual Studio afterall.

Ced8:

lipsrsealed nobody said thanks to Ex for that most useful post.Thank u,hey, U really helped out a friend of mine(he finds foreign forums intimidating) grin  and of cos i took all the credit ;)

you're more than welcome to it.

rock101:

I just saw something like Installous is now controlled by apple and it should be uninstalled. How true is this?
http://www.installous.com/2009/04/important-remove-current-installous.html

plain rubbish. Installous is owned by the guys at Hackulo (Kyek et al). that website is probably Haklabs' up to his usual tricks of spreading FUD. if Apple is going to go after anyone, its Mega4i. Installous/Appulo points to links; Mega4i places the warez in an own server in direct violation of DMCA. this is what took down The Monkey's Ball afterall.

besides, Hackulo's URL is www.hackulo.us, NOT hackulous.org.

UPDATE:

IT IS HAKLAB!! that bastard just never knew when to stop.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Mr. Haklab in Installous on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Fellow Hackulousians, I am making this post to alert you of the Hackulous repo. The Installous repo at Cydia.Hackulo.us is now controlled by Apple. They made a fake new version of Installous and a Hackulous security package. Whatever you do, DO NOT install any of these packages. They will track your UUID, IP, iTunes ID and submit it all to Apple. Do not visit any .US sites. Hackulous and Appulous are permanently located at .ORG sites, stay here and don't listen to any other news, they're false. Tell your buddies, friends, and others before it's too late. Stay safe and wait for the new repo here to be completed! Remove the current repo, the current Installous and check Hackulous.org for further news."

the above info from haklab at www.installous.com is fake.

Haklab was instrumental in bringing down TheMonkey'sBall, and has been after Hackulo for some time. he has nothing to do with hackulo, Appulo, or Installous.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2009
[Installous]
I knew that was a hoax, I didn't even bother myself about it.

[Vista]
I have been using Vista for ages for these things. Yes, you need .NET 3.5 framework for many (if not all) of these Windows apps. It's been like that for ages, as you always required .NET framework, only that they decided to upgrade to the higher version (3.5).
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
okay. fine, you need dotnet.

but in the OS X world YOU DONT.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 1:16am On Apr 18, 2009
@ex,
thanx man, ur tutorial is awesome. wil get bak 2u once i finish downloadin d requisite files

thanx once again
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2009
@ Ex

A friend of mine needs to update his iTouch 1.15 to 2.2. He is ready to pay for it but cant do it as he dont gat an apple store account. How can he get assisted?

I was of no help whatsoever to him. Tex out of circulation.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2009
@Mendax

anytime man.

@cabali

i dont charge for the knowledge because i didnt pay for it myself. at any rate, updating the ipod touch is very similar to the iphone, except you dont need to bother with bootloaders and yellowsn0w since the ipod is not a phone.

im sure you know ipod touch firmware, unlike the iphone's, is not free. but thankfully the sharing community exists to make life easier for the token freeloaders amongst us.

so, download ipod touch (firstgen) firmware 2.2.1 FOR FREE from here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4805519/iPod_Touch_2.2.1_(5H11a)_full_firmware

do everything as in the previous page EXCEPT downloading bootloaders and yellowsn0w.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2009
Amazing Ex!!

Meanwhile how do I get free games on MY itouch? Firmware 2.2
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2009
Tex u hv a txt on ur MTN line. Somehow I cant find the other line on my phone angry

Whats up, could u reply?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2009
cabali:

Amazing Ex!!

Meanwhile how do I get free games on MY itouch? Firmware 2.2

Tex and i covered that ground extensively. search a few pages back.

Laziness.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 12:26am On Apr 23, 2009
BTW, if u r having WI-FI problems and don't want to spend too much on using GPRS/EDGE/UMTS (which is my exact situation), you can actually SSH through your USB cable. Find and download iPhone Tunnel Suite. Problem is, you need to have OpenSSH installed. I had to create a custom firmware using PwnageTool to make this happen. Of course you can also go the way of Cyder, but I believe it works in a similar manner to this solution, so you may need OpenSSH even with Cyder.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Apr 23, 2009
logica:

BTW, if u r having WI-FI problems and don't want to spend too much on using GPRS/EDGE/UMTS (which is my exact situation), you can actually SSH through your USB cable. Find and download iPhone Tunnel Suite. Problem is, you need to have OpenSSH installed. I had to create a custom firmware using PwnageTool to make this happen. Of course you can also go the way of Cyder, but I believe it works in a similar manner to this solution, so you may need OpenSSH even with Cyder.

What you're referring to is sharing your PC's internet connection through the USB cable? If that's so, can you share how you made that work? There's a very convoluted tutorial out there, but i can't be arsed to go through all the steps.
Or are you referring to normal SSH data transfer through USB? That's what i thought until i saw the refernce to Cyder.

Couple of nice new game screenies.

Need For Speed
[img]http://toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/nfs.jpg
[/img]

Terminator Salvation. ETA May 09

2xl Supercross
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 7:38am On Apr 23, 2009
Just grabbed Quickoffice. . .pretty nice app. Still struggling with the excel application, i just need to learn how the formula entry works.
With an office editing suite and 3.0 on the way, the iPhone finally seems to be getting feature complete.

Not very happy though. Apple just shat all over the OSX netbook rumours yesterday. These guys are just like John McCain; they just don't get it grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 8:08am On Apr 23, 2009
No, I meant the latter (normal SSH data transfer through USB). The reference to Cyder was for the installation of OpenSSH (which of course has a bunch of dependencies you need to figure out, the main one being OpenSSL), but then I remembered that Cyder seems to require OpenSSH itself!

Sharing your PC's internet connection through the USB cable: I had tried to make that work, but the problem is, it won't work if the 3G browsing is never established (which was the case for me). I am sure what I had would have worked otherwise.

Check out this manual:

http://alk2blog..com/2008/08/ssh-to-get-your-iphone-online-via-usb.html
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2009
Netshare still exists somewhere on the ether (read: Rapidshare, Demonoid). it only works with Opera and Safari (so far as i know) and supports only HTTP ( no ftp, no POP/Imap, etc). great way to  share internet connection from Iphone 3G to PC (though why anyone would want to do that is something else).

@Tex

Assassin's Creed for the iPhone is out. check Appulo, its 129mb. as for Excel in QuickOffice, just select a cell, type in the formula. the formula bar appears at the top of the screen.

experimenting with RockBox on ipod, so far works great, almost better than Apple's default firmware. it makes even non-video ipods PLAY videos.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2009
Ex Inferis,

We are not talking about Tethering. What we have in mind is the reverse (browse on your iPhone using your PC connection).
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:28am On Apr 23, 2009
@ex

Having issues downloading the assasins creed from appulo. Can I get help?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2009
@ tex

Getting envious, did not hear from u and your line's off.

Holla when u can.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2009
what issues are u having with the download?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 11:06am On Apr 23, 2009
well, I got it on itunes successfully but it wouldnt go into the iTouch. I just got the firmware upgrade to 2.2
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 11:44am On Apr 23, 2009
Error message:

the application could not be installed on ipod because it could not be verified

ATTN Tex, Ex, Logica etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (103)

Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno M5 discussion thread / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.