Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,666 members, 7,945,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (180510 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 10:08am On May 15, 2009
is just that b4 I can upgrade I have to download 240MB file and then jailbreak again for the second time not complaining but I wonder why apple had to make us go through all that stress thats all.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:46pm On May 15, 2009
@Infoseye
jailbreaking isn't apple sanctioned. And even Nokia firmware updates wipe your phone completely.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 12:48pm On May 15, 2009
Infoseye:

I finaly got a game to install I did not update but I downloaded a mobileinstallation Patch for 2.0.2 but when I tried opening the game it says "The Application cannot be opened" man am getting tired of this Iphone wahala just to install a game only is trouble sha.I Just need the update.

The Iphone is a great Phone but its complexity is what put pple off the phone, Now I see why pple prefer Nokia all the same its a great phone.

You don't wanna know what i went through to hack my Nokia E71. At least with the iPhone it's more straightforward.

Are you really griping about how difficult it is to install a pirated game? Most iPhone users tend to install legal stuff
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2009
lungwun:

28 hours? men! i got the same in like 2. what do you think of it? have been on it since late feb. and save for superfetch, i dont think
anything is too different.

hell no! even if MTN runs CONSISTENTLY at 1mbps (ie 125KBp/s) which rarely happens and only at some nights, it means the most you can download after 2 hours is 900mb, less than a gig.

average speed these days falls between 20KBp/s and 50KBp/s. with a good download manager (which sucks up all available bandwidth) the speed hovers between 120KBp/s and 70KBp/s, still below the 1.5-2mbps you need to download over 2gigs in just 2 hours.

heck even the 240mb iphone firmware these guys are complaining about will take you near an hour to download with MTN. i know, because i do heavy downloads all the time.

if you had a 3mbps DSL, FiOS or Cable link then you can get 2gigs in an hour or less; but not with MTN's HSDPA link which is simply horrible.

Infoseye:

I finaly got a game to install I did not update but I downloaded a mobileinstallation Patch for 2.0.2 but when I tried opening the game it says "The Application cannot be opened" man am getting tired of this Iphone wahala just to install a game only is trouble sha.I Just need the update.

The Iphone is a great Phone but its complexity is what put pple off the phone, Now I see why pple prefer Nokia all the same its a great phone.

you do realize, dont you, that you're trying to install pirated games? what, you thought Apple was going to make it easier for you to steal? in any case, cracking iphone games and apps is the easiest on any platform. its far easier than Nokia's app-signing, cert-uploading wahala.

incidentally, installing legitimate, official apps and games on the iphone is also easier than on any phone. why, the entire catalog resides on the iphone home screen! on tap, and thats it!
Infoseye:

is just that b4 I can upgrade I have to download 240MB file and then jailbreak again for the second time not complaining but I wonder why apple had to make us go through all that stress thats all.

well, Apple clearly said jailbreaking is illegal; you dont expect them to make it easy for you, do you? besides, thank goodness one can download the iphone firmware update and install offline. ever trying to do that with a Nokia phone? especially with the bad network links we have in naija?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2009
Ex Inferis:

hell no! even if MTN runs CONSISTENTLY at 1mbps (ie 125KBp/s) which rarely happens and only at some nights, it means the most you can download after 2 hours is 900mb, less than a gig.

if you had a 3mbps DSL, FiOS or Cable link then you can get 2gigs in an hour or less; but not with MTN's HSDPA link which is simply horrible.

during the christmas last year, mtn was really fast. i once downloaded 4 episodes of true blood (550mb each) between 1 and 4am. so thot it was still as good. got mine in 2 hours cos i have a 2mbps dsl connection. thot you were in the UK too?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2009
@lungwun

ah hah! i knew it cant be MTN's modem. i did a recalculation and i figure it took me 13hours off and on. the 28 hours i earlier mentioned was clocked by the downloader, which is totally wrong. remember i set it and forget it and sometimes dont even bother continuing for a whole day, so probably if ive done marathon straight up download it could be more hours. the biggest problem with MTN is not just the speed; it keeps dropping off or disconnecting.

my cousin in the US has Verizon FiOS. expensive, but good for Netflix! im gearing up for some mega downloads when i get off.

Appulo is slow today, trying to download Myst. imagine, an iphone game that's over 700mb!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by lungwun(m): 4:47pm On May 15, 2009
would that myst be the iphone incarnation of the pc game?
if thats so i will probably get it too.
pity there isnt a way files i get can be sent to naija easily.
could have sent u d myst real easily.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 8:51pm On May 15, 2009
@ex
i just got into kd, & i hav all of 2row (sat) around. pls i really need 2 contact u if u dont mind? i dropped off my number in d previous post?!
thanx.

NB or u culd giv me a locatn & time 2 meet u. thanx
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:06pm On May 15, 2009
@ ex, so mtn is that terrible? I get up to 200kb/s using d zain modem. When it is bad it is abt 50kb/s. @ info. Trust me it is actuall beter compared to other phones. When i upgraded to 2.2.2, i could only download free games from app store other cracked games gave me d error msg u posted. Then, tex got it jailbroken and ever since, i hv not touched my psp. Just be patient u cant contain how much fun u can get.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 4:21am On May 16, 2009
lol, i can get d 245mb file under an hour @@ 160kb/s. . ,

@pete, lol. . I hacked my nokia e71 in less time .

@ex, sure u can do am offline update for nokia fones.

I remembered one time u guys posted a link to iphone firmware, i just dwnlded it for fun, wen bandwith dey waste
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2009
i think sometimes that might work. I just downloaded pes2009 coaching guide of 1.09gig complete in 5hrs. Using the zain 3g usb modem. I got speed up to over 200kb/s. Then d other day it took longer to upgrade my iTouch to 2.0.2
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 10:01pm On May 16, 2009
Yes @cabali, if u av d zain 3G sim accompanied by em 7.2mbps modem, speeds ranging frm 200kbps upwards is sure, i dnt need to subscribe to the crappie MTN package. .i like the zain 3G damn' i zapped a massive 40GB during the 1mnth free browsing. .

@seye, where r u located, i can help download the firmware, if u r in Lagos.

I ripped 600mb+ on my starcomms today already. .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 5:56am On May 17, 2009
@hayprof thanks am in ibadan but I managed to complete the download yesterdy, how much does Zain 3g modem cost?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2009
hayprof:

@pete, lol. . I hacked my nokia e71 in less time .

Does that include the 1 day delay when you request for your cert key?

hayprof:

@ex, sure u can do am offline update for nokia fones.

You're missing the point. With iTunes, offline firmware update is built in and supported. With the Nokia phones you probably need to go the Phoenix route, which is pretty crappy. Not to mention not nearly as reliable as iTunes.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2009
Same thing, either way we still get it Hack-ed nd offline updated. .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 4:56pm On May 19, 2009
iElegance, one of the best iphone themes ever. includes voice prompts for the dialpad.

the clock at the top of the home screen was made visible by creating four blank icons, the dialpad is RMM Dialer but still retaining the voice prompt.

completely themes the entire iphone UI.

total size: 22mb.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 5:00pm On May 19, 2009
calculator and keyboard after skinning

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by hayprof(m): 6:24pm On May 19, 2009
Hmmn, Thats Cool grin cool
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 1:17am On May 20, 2009
@ EX. thats a nice one. Is it on appulous?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2009
any word on iNinja?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 2:22pm On May 20, 2009
please anyone with the link to a ''file manager'' suitable for the iphone 3G

i have issues managing music on some itunes. the phone works with some itunes on certain pcs and acts funny on some others

am told am to delete a certain file on it.

lastly,is it possible to download softwares to pc and then transfer and install on the iphone rather than downloading directly using wi-fi or gprs connection?

thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2009
@Funkybaby
Download and use Cyder. It can install packages from cydia but runs on your desktop. Sorry i can't provide a link at the moment, my connection is as slow as molasses

Not sure about the issue you have with itunes. Please explain further!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 12:34am On May 22, 2009
just downloaded terminator; took me 22mins (abt 120MB). I am having so much fun tex!
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 11:10am On May 22, 2009
@TxPete
If she'd bothered to flip back 4 pages she would have found the answer (Cyder), and of course the download link. I wasn't gonna be bothered till you replied.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2009
cabali:

just downloaded terminator; took me 22mins (abt 120MB). I am having so much fun tex!

I'm sure you are!

Word on the streets is that unlockable 3Gs are extremely scarce now. sale price is approx 110 - 120k if you can actually find one.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 2:02pm On May 23, 2009
texazzpete:

I'm sure you are!

Word on the streets is that unlockable 3Gs are extremely scarce now. sale price is approx 110 - 120k if you can actually find one.

I tried downloading the cyder u talked about but could not find a download link using google, I need ur help here.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2009
@Texapete I have downloaded the Cyder but cant get the ibluetooth to install into my iphone I get stuck at Cyder cache what should I do?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by arsenal4va(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2009
install this repo on cydia and install ibluetooth from there , it is already cracked

http://xsellize.com/cydia/
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Infoseye(m): 10:26am On May 24, 2009
arsenal4va:

install this repo on cydia and install ibluetooth from there , it is already cracked

http://xsellize.com/cydia/

Thanks it worked but I noticed I can only send files to phones but not receive files from other phones why? Or can u pls tell me how to receive files from other phones via ibluetooth thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 5:24pm On May 25, 2009
logica:

@TxPete
If she'd bothered to flip back 4 pages she would have found the answer (Cyder), and of course the download link. I wasn't gonna be bothered till you replied.

boy, se o gbadun? what's with the  attitude?

bothered about replying? heheheheh.           pele.             mr. o p o nu !

if you are not in the right frame of mind to respond to whatever issues i bring on this thread regarding my iphone, its best you ignore me totally.

if i missed the post where the link for cyder was uploaded, there are more polite and matured ways of drawing my attention to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (103)

Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread / Tecno M5 discussion thread / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.