Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179805 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 1:44pm On May 08, 2010
na2day?:

@ all

those those that like to get a proper education on what multitasking really is on the iphone, read this blog, it gives some insight to the issue and don't let folks like Ex Inferis mislead u. the long and short of the whole story, i can do more than one task on my iphone without jail breaking it, e.g, play music and check my mail or browse the internet or open my yim, sms etc on it while the music still runs non stop at the background. hope y'all enjoy reading the blog

http://blog.rlove.org/2010/04/iphone-os-4-and-multitasking.html

The music player has always been able to run in the background since the first iPhone running 1.0 firmware.
On a non-jailbroken phone running firmware 3.x and below, can you run stream internet audio from pandora and check your email at the same time?
No.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2010
texazzpete:

The music player has always been able to run in the background since the first iPhone running 1.0 firmware.
On a non-jailbroken phone running firmware 3.x and below, can you run stream internet audio from pandora and check your email at the same time?
No.

the crux of the matter is, can the processor handle more than one task at the same time? if it can, then it can multitask, simple! the reason why pandora shuts down is simply bcuz the OS issues a kill call to all processes initiated by 3rd party apps when u try switching to use a different app, thats why the backgrounders help the 3rd party apps to take advantage of the processor just like the original apple apps do. if u first try sending an email b4 opening pandora, there will be unique PIDs for both task and they will run simultaneously with the mail called process moved to the background while pandora's process takes the foreground. once u compose ur mail and tap the send button, tap the home button then tap the pandora app and u will be connected to ur station with the music playing and u will later hear the smooch sound at the background indicating the mail has just been sent. that my friend is multitasking! tongue tongue tongue
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 5:18am On May 14, 2010
i wonder why the loss of data did not include some posts. . . . .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 1:15pm On May 14, 2010
cabali:

i wonder why the loss of data did not include some posts. . . . .

like urs?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2010
Hey, is there something, all of a sudden, wrong with The romance section?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 3:14pm On May 15, 2010
cabali:

Hey, is there something, all of a sudden, wrong with The romance section?

nope! but there is something serious wrong with u, that's for sure! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by flyuche(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2010
na2day?:

nope! but there is something serious wrong with u, that's for sure! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
i agree with you. this guy makes no technical contribution and posts lot of gibberish. i doubt he has an Iphone.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2010
flyuche:

i agree with you. this guy makes no technical contribution and posts lot of gibberish. i doubt he has an Iphone.

iphone? shocked shocked shocked shocked u give him too much credit, i doubt if he has ever used a simple calculator in his life! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2010
I see you have found an alliance and it is someone of very low IQ as yourself. You guys can now flock together to the romance section were you can talk about sex; a topic that can be discussed easily in efficiency when you possess that low IQ level.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 1:11am On May 16, 2010
cabali:

I see you have found an alliance and it is someone of very low IQ as yourself. You guys can now flock together to the romance section were you can talk about intimacy; a topic that can be discussed easily in efficiency when you possess that low IQ level.

see who is talking, pot calling kettle black! ur high IQ can't help u understand a simple definition such as multitasking yet u are out and about bragging when u should be in school getting some form of basic education, sheez! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by cabali(m): 4:13pm On May 16, 2010
Wadahell!!!!

If my posts are propelling you away from the romance section of your your true calling then I apologize as I implore you to please return. Your intelligence in that area is needed there as well as you need the comfort there. To help you out we believe iPhones multitasking, we even believe the iPad does as well. So kill the efforts and return 'home'.

I know, just like a little girl in a sour romance, you will reply again so as to be the last one to speak. I allow it! Anything to make you happy and leave

. . . And don't forget to pick up ur boy flyuche on ur way grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2010
cabali:

Wadahell!!!!

If my posts are propelling you away from the romance section of your your true calling then I apologize as I implore you to please return. Your intelligence in that area is needed there as well as you need the comfort there. To help you out we believe iPhones multitasking, we even believe the iPad does as well. So kill the efforts and return 'home'.

I know, just like a little girl in a sour romance, you will reply again so as to be the last one to speak. I allow it! Anything to make you happy and leave

. . . And don't forget to pick up your boy flyuche on your way grin

eyaaaa, if that ur white flag? it's pretty dirty u know tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by oludy: 8:50pm On May 17, 2010
na2day
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!!
« #1158 on: May 01, 2010, 05:20 PM »
4.0 is just going to do what jailbreaks have done already for years. multitasking and folders isnt new to the iphone, only that apple likes to take their time and make a hype

@ Cabali,

While i am trying to be no judge, but na2day is right. I can tell you that SJ uses all these cydia apps on the jailbroken iphone b4 the release of iPhone 0S 4 beta. So u guys should stop hanging onto each other's neck and let the thread breathe. BTW, Spirit untethered Jailbreak works great for my iPhone 3GS and now i don't have to worry about switching off my phone. Bring on OS 4 and let GeoHot do his thing.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 4:56am On May 18, 2010
oludy:

na2day
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!!
« #1158 on: May 01, 2010, 05:20 PM »
4.0 is just going to do what jailbreaks have done already for years. multitasking and folders isnt new to the iphone, only that apple likes to take their time and make a hype

@ Cabali,

While i am trying to be no judge, but na2day is right. I can tell you that SJ uses all these cydia apps on the jailbroken iphone b4 the release of iPhone 0S 4 beta. So u guys should stop hanging onto each other's neck and let the thread breathe. BTW, Spirit untethered Jailbreak works great for my iPhone 3GS and now i don't have to worry about switching off my phone. Bring on OS 4 and let GeoHot do his thing.

thank u jare
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:17pm On May 24, 2010
3GS Cam pix

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:20pm On May 24, 2010
the Bot is still taking my posts down. WTF?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:24pm On May 24, 2010
jailbroken, cydia'd and rocking HD versions of Real Racing, NOVA etc and iphone apps via fullforce.

meanwhile try this source in cydia: www.sinfuliphonerepo.com.

all cydia store apps cracked.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2010
still removing my posts.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by nazzyon(m): 2:53am On May 25, 2010
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:16am On May 25, 2010
AHHH!! my favorite NL comedy show folks are back, how was the break?

u pple should start an argument ASAP abeg, iv missed you pple grin grin grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 2:16am On May 28, 2010
ok, mods pls do something, i am sick of posting and ur stupid bot deletes and innocent post! angry angry angry angry
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2010
na2day?:

ok, mods pls do something, i am sick of posting and your silly bot deletes and innocent post! angry angry angry angry

same here, typed a thousand-word rejoinder over our background/multitask argument but tthey kept killing it so i gave up.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:34am On May 29, 2010
Nairaland gloried by iPad

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:37am On May 29, 2010
free tv shows

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:44am On May 29, 2010
ibookstore

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:45am On May 29, 2010
next stop: iphone 4G/HD
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Heatblast(m): 8:43pm On May 29, 2010
I have an ipod touch 2G 3.1.3 firmware stuck in recovery or DFU mode(dont know which one) when i connect to itunes it say something like this "ipt in recovery mode, restore before it can be used again with itunes". wen i click on restore, it connects to update server and starts dowloading something and it state that it has 42hrs left for download. my point is how do i restore without updating if i have the ipsw file.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.