Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:14 AM

iPhone Killer Apps Section!! - Phones (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (179789 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (103) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DoubleN(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2010
The average ipsw file is about 160MB-200MB
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Phillfree(m): 10:59am On Jun 21, 2010
Double N:

That's kinda heavy man, doubt if i can be able to download such a file here. Well, 'll try n get back at you guys. thnx
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Kave(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2010
nope! its actually 297MB, and i have it but snowbreez doesnt actvate it,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2010
Phillfree:

@Texazzpete, i'm patiently waitin for your help

You'll need to update to 3.1.3 firmware (just so itunes doesn't prompt you for any more updates in the future).
I'll see what i can do for you. Expect an answer tomorrow. I have a soft spot for corpers grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 5:17am On Jun 22, 2010
iOS4 just got released today,

its has broken alot of things, smt i was afraid of,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DoubleN(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2010
The Dev Team has finally released the unlock for 3.1.3 and 4 OS inclusive of 05.12.01 and 05.13.04 baseband's using ultrasn0w. Software for hactivating the devices would follow shortly.Cant wait!!!. You can follow this link for a step by step guide http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 9:58am On Jun 22, 2010
@ double n

Pls read this

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

and make corrections to your post, the unlock is not here yet, FYI this is from the horses mouth,

if its wasnt stated here, its not real,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2010
correction noted, thank you very much double N,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DoubleN(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2010
No Qualms bro,though i wonder where my post went. .
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
gone legit. . . sorta!

my iphone 4 ETA: 16 days on the outside.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2010
why cant they port pwnagetool to windows? why is ih8sn0w taking his blessed time updating sn0wbreeze? why are iphones tied to one account only!! my mac is in abuja, had to use my bro's, cant sync my apps!! dammit!!

sometimes android just makes life easier.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by ExInferis(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2010
Double N:

those days are long gone. now its 320-400mb. the custom fw i churned out is exactly 400mb (cydia bloat maybe), the GM i had on the itouch is 316mb.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DoubleN(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2010
Ex Inferis:

those days are long gone. now its 320-400mb. the custom fw i churned out is exactly 400mb (cydia bloat maybe), the GM i had on the itouch is 316mb.
Wow! thats some size.
Pardon my mistake i even have a 3.1.3 restore file i just got at 290mb.Still waiting for an unlock an activation for my 3GS 05.12, 01 New Bootrom.The Phone is just lying dead! sad sad
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by moonraker(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2010
@ Ex inferis

you do realize that the iphone 4 uses the micro sim card system??

how do u intend to work your ard that problem?? especially when there

isnt an operator in nigeria that provides micro sims??
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by na2day2(m): 3:37am On Jun 24, 2010
off topic, i am looking for a business partner in 9ja. i am looking at supplying NOD32 antivirus to small offices and individuals, if any1 is in interest plz IM me, thanks.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by mendax: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2010
moonraker:

@ Ex inferis

i think the micro sim may not be as serious a problem as it may look. there are devices called sim cutters, that can cut out the normal sim to a micro bit. and u could get an adapter if u wish to use the sim again in a normal fone
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
what about a small pair of scissors? just asking, thou shaltn not bite

else i lose my temperature naw naw~~ grin grin grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2010
moonraker:

@ Ex inferis

The sim contacts still retain the old size. All you have to do is trim the sim card and it'll work. M pretty sure there are templates on the web you can use to ensure you get an accurate cut.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by logica(m): 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2010
Sim contacts? Or you mean the chip?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by texazzpete(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
logica:

Sim contacts? Or you mean the chip?

Yep. Couldn't remember what the thingy was called.
I must admit that the reports of the iphone's fragility makes me very apprehensive,
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by yinraph(m): 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2010
What can you say about Ipod-Touch 2ndGeneration using ios4
I think Ipad is Ipod-Touch successor kind of loving it
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by leuelliot(m): 11:45am On Jun 29, 2010
texazzpete:

I must admit that the reports of the iphone's fragility makes me very apprehensive,
better be cus i have people blogging out the phone's back cracking just by being dropped and lack of reception etc.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 30, 2010
@ Double N

The unlock for iPhone 3G running on 3.1.3 or 4.0 OS has been out for a while now. All you need to do is to jailbreak your phone with the custom firmware your cooked up using one of those softwares they've got out there and following this process using Cydia:

Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.

Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.

Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below

Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http:// repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on “Add Source”

Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.

After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 0.93” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone 3G so that you can use it with any carrier.

Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 3G.

I hope that helps you out.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DoubleN(m): 8:30am On Jun 30, 2010
Klemente:

@ Double N

The unlock for iPhone 3G running on 3.1.3 or 4.0 OS has been out for a while now. All you need to do is to jailbreak your phone with the custom firmware your cooked up using one of those softwares they've got out there and following this process using Cydia:

Start “Cydia” on your iPhone.

Touch on “Manage” tab on the bottom.

Now touch on “Sources” as seen in the screenshot below

Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http:// repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on “Add Source”

Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.

After installation is completed. Search for “ultrasn0w 0.93” in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone 3G so that you can use it with any carrier.

Step 3: Now simply restart your iPhone and voila! you should now have a fully unlocked iPhone 3G.

I hope that helps you out.
I know about that,mine is a 3GS running on 3.1.3 with the new bootrom and baseband 05.12.01.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by DoubleN(m): 8:56am On Jun 30, 2010
The main wahala is that there is no jailbreak yet for the 3GS with the new bootrom even though the baseband is unlockable.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by funkybaby(f): 8:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
@guys

kindly post the step by step guide on how to upgrade from 2.2 to 4.0 OS

Thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by leuelliot(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
Double N:

The main wahala is that there is no jailbreak yet for the 3GS with the new bootrom even though the baseband is unlockable.
tatatata its a lie there is a tethered jailbreak/ unlock for 3G s mine is a 32gb it was practically an ipod until i got Spirit it did the magic for me but each time i switch off i have to jailbreak again
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by leuelliot(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
http://www.crispytech.com/2010/06/23/jailbreak-iphone-3gs-ipod-touch-3g-2g-new-bootrom-mc-models-possible/

well it works for me but its not meant to last for a long period of time grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps Section!! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
funkybaby:

@guys

kindly post the step by step guide on how to upgrade from 2.2 to 4.0 OS

Thanks

Which version of the iPhone ? I'll advice you upgrade to the 3.1.2 if you are looking to jailbreak and unlock without any problems.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (103)

Tecno Phantom Z–Full Specification & Price(Tecno Best so far) / Do U Have An Etisalat Line? Get 100mb Now / Leagoo M8/M8 Pro Discuss Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.