Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,313 members, 7,943,765 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? (11313 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria / Can We Actually Change The Negative Perception about Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by danity: 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Yes. . but what happens when the light goes off? **hey chairman please could you go n put on the generator?** grin
Is that fun? imagine in the middle of the night. . .
Its gettin heavy and whaaaaaaam! light goes off!! all y'all would say is *awwwwwwwwww* grin

Go siddon!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry they never take light at those things
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2008
danity:

I'm a girl!
My parents are not rich. They 'managed' to send me here which was why I didn't want to come in the first instance. My parents wanted me to have the best but I didn't want to stress them.

[color=#770077]Lol - Sly - you're not serious. My parents are proud of me too.
 My mistake, your profile didn't indicate so. But your parents are not poor either.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2008
LadyT:

Suya, grin

nwando:

minus the tapeworms lipsrsealed

Indeed, but tape worm is not too bad; what about leprosy?
  Because, these "malam" wey dey sell the suya sef, some of them no get complete fingers for hand, leprosy don chop am. . . cheesy

danity:

I'm a girl!
One good thing about Nigeria - We know how to party till dawn. Clubbing in naija is a lot of fun from what i hear.

And then after, the guys would start some violent dog-fights with with broken bottles embarassed
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by danity: 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2008
Well - it's not worse than what guys do here in the bars.We party better!
My parents are not poor - thank GOD about that.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by TheSly: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2008
danity:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry they never take light at those things
I am not AKON now? grin don't put the blame on me! tongue
Yeye !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by MrPataki1: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2008
Vicjustice:

Indeed, but tape worm not too bad; what about leprosy?
Because, these "malam" wey dey sell the suya sef, some of them no get complete fingers for hand, leprosy don chop am. . . cheesy

And then after, the guys would start some violent dog with with broken bottles embarassed

So someone having a leprous hand is funny to you? angry You call yourself a Medical doctor, is this what you do unto your patients? Making fun of their predicament?

Yet you come here saying, seeing the poor and destitute on the street of Nigeria got you crying? But a mallam whose hands have been afflicted by leprosy is funny to you.

You are a two faced liar! angry
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2008
pataki abeg lighten up.
life is too short
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by danity: 10:25pm On Apr 07, 2008
@ Sly - i'll just leave you alone. Fake e-brother! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry tongue
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by TheSly: 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2008
danity:

@ Sly - i'll just leave you alone. Fake e-brother! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry tongue
Im in tha club hollering ''Hey bay bay!!'' cheesy
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by MrPataki1: 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2008
nwando:

pataki abeg lighten up.
life is too short
I never said I was tensed did I? If making fun of a leprous mallam is definition of lightening up, sorry not interested. I speak my mind as the way I see it. wink

I saw the humor in your statement of Suya having tapeworm, but a mallam with a leprous finger is funny to a medical doctor is not my definition of lightening up.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2008
Only a hypocrite will say there's a good thing about Nigeria.

What is good about Nigeria? I cannot place a finger on anything.
People mentioned weather. . . . How does that factor put food on the table of the suffering masses.
It is very normal to see kids in a refuse dumpsite scavenging for food. . . .
People talk about WEALTH as if it's widespread. . . .
A situation where 90% of the country's wealth is controlled by ONLY 10% of the populace . . . . .

Very acceptable for a man to have 40 exotic cars and his next door neighbour cannot even afford a motorcycle. . . Is that a country?
Only few roads are motorable. . . .no portaboe water. Children sometimes trek muiles to get clean drinking water.
Epileptic power supply, menace of armed robbers and corrupt-minded law enforcement agents.
Should i go on?
Maybe Nigeria is the HELL the scriptures keep talking about and our dumb asses not knowing . . . . HELL cannot be worse!!!!!

Weather has everything to do with putting food on the table tongue. The climatic conditons in Nigeria have helped us shape the vegetation. We can boast of the forest zones in the South which is good for planting foodstuffs and even the Sahel and Savannah regions in the North. Even though our vegetation hasn't been really exploited in Nigeria, (I don't know why) by the time we put more effort in the agricultural sector, men, we would have a food boom. grin

Just championing my weather cause grin tongue cheesy
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by labiyemmy(m): 12:23am On Apr 08, 2008
why wont foreigners ask if there is anything good about Nigeria - when almost everyone in the country sees nothing good in the country - why wont a foreigner ask the same question?

Nigerians talk so bad about their country as if the country is the only one in the whole wide world that has problems - you want to know how rotten the Nigerian people think about their country, just ome and read threads on NairaLand.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by tpia: 12:43am On Apr 08, 2008
am sure the western media and especially CNN are busy investigating just how bad it is in Nigeria, even as I type this.

No complaints when they broadcast the stories oh. Nobody should send me any daft email for commenting on a CNN piece oh. undecided

Nigeria isnt 100% good and neither is it 100% bad. Nigerians arent the only ones who have migrated to greener pastures. Every nationality migrates at some time or the other.

One good thing about Nigeria- the people are very resilient.

One bad thing about Nigeria- too much tribalism. undecided
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Cadet(f): 12:52am On Apr 08, 2008
well said!

@topic
well, I already said the diversity. the above poster proved that it is a bad thing (tribalism). the only other thing i can think up now is strong religious belief?
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by tpia: 12:57am On Apr 08, 2008
Cadet:

well said!

@topic
well, I already said the diversity. the above poster proved that it is a bad thing (tribalism). the only other thing i can think up now is strong religious belief?

diversity is good, but tribalism as practiced in Nigeria is too destructive. Its like the Nigerian version of the Balkans. Centuries old prejudices.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by stkris(m): 2:50am On Apr 08, 2008
u don't go to jail for DUI  cool . . n don't think i'm a drunk . hick! hicck!
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Tegese: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2008
what is DUI?
ain't it amazing that those of you who say there are good things about nigeria live away from nigeria, how would you explain that?
and as for those of you who say there is nothing good about nigeria, are you saying that everything is bad including the people? there is a popular saying in my language it goes thus: "He who says everyone is bad, He is the bad one" he should examine himself because, everyone can't be bad save he.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Figurehead: 4:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
Tegese:

there is a popular saying in my language it goes thus: "He who says everyone is bad, He is the bad one" he should examine himself because, everyone can't be bad save he.
my sentiment, bravo!
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by MrPataki1: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2008
Tegese:

ain't it amazing that those of you who say there are good things about nigeria live away from nigeria, how would you explain that?

Is it not amazing that I do not live in the US nor U.K, yet I say and see there are good things about those two countries. How would you explain that? undecided
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by dnative(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2008
Tegese:

as for those of you who say there is nothing good about nigeria, are you saying that everything is bad including the people? there is a popular saying in my language it goes thus: "He who says everyone is bad, He is the bad one" he should examine himself because, everyone can't be bad save he.

Just like the age old Paradox of the Liar

Epimenides, a Cretan supposedly said "All Cretans are liars"

Was he lying or was he telling the truth?
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by jkpretty(f): 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2008
Is this topic re-stating itself undecided

Now this is boring!
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by TheSly: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2008
------------> Tpia
diversity is good, but tribalism as practiced in Nigeria is too destructive.
Don't forget the Nairaland style as well. . . . . . . wink
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by babycool(f): 8:21pm On Apr 08, 2008
Mr Pataki, i have my two hands up for you on this one.

For those of you who regret being Nigerians or see nothing good in Nigeria, all i can say is shame on you, you think because you are privileged to be living outside Nigeria, you open your your mouth and go bla bla about Nigeria, let me remind you that in the course of doing that you are depleting your image as well, you bring yourselves down and make yourselves a laughing stock, well i have got bad news for you, no matter what you do, they can never see you as one of them so if you are not happy about your country why not come down and do something about it ?

You might as well jump off the bridge for being a Nigerian or just shut it!!! angry  angry
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 1:08am On Apr 09, 2008
How would a country survive with evil leaders like these:
(click links bellow)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKZWLZktrl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QwErqwMOCo&feature=related
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by TheSly: 1:41am On Apr 09, 2008
For those of you who regret being Nigerians or see nothing good in Nigeria, all i can say is shame on you, you think because you are privileged to be living outside Nigeria, you open your your mouth and go bla bla about Nigeria, let me remind you that in the course of doing that you are depleting your image as well, you bring yourselves down and make yourselves a laughing stock, well i have got bad news for you, no matter what you do, they can never see you as one of them so if you are not happy about your country why not come down and do something about it ?

You might as well jump off the bridge for being a Nigerian or just shut it!!
Epistle of Paul.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:53am On Apr 09, 2008
Why is this thread so confused!!! Seems like some peeps just breathe,drink and eat negativity- morning, siesta and dinner!!

Me thinks Nigeria's economy is gathering massive storm! Things are improving and Nigerian entrepreneurs are making much more money than their fellow Nigerians working overseas.

At least last year we had the best performing stock market in the world.
http://www.mcgraw-hill.com/releases/sandp/20080111.shtml
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Cadet(f): 4:03am On Apr 09, 2008
Tegese:

what is DUI?
Driving Under Influence or DWI, Driving While Intoxicated. Basically, you're driving drunk

tpia:

diversity is good, but tribalism as practiced in Nigeria is too destructive. Its like the Nigerian version of the Balkans. Centuries old prejudices.
*nods* OK
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by babycool(f): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Epistle of Paul.

Yeah sure, He was a very great man.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by TheSly: 12:53pm On Apr 09, 2008
Yeah sure, He was a very great man.
Yes very great!
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Anuliph(f): 2:37am On Apr 11, 2008
The ingenuity of her citizens. Nigerians are also well-travelled people. but for Nigeria as a place,clicking my tongue,
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2008
@ VicJustice.
Why ask the question when you have already made up your mind that there is nothing good about Nigeria.
It's a shame that you are not embrassed to air that out. - even the devil himself has something good, he can sing, talkless of a whole nation of 120 million people. The likes of Wole Soyinka, akunyili didnt strike you did it. The globally praise peacekeeping envoy of the Nigerian Army. the Culture - diversity. Sports. Shame on you if you dont know anything good about Nigeria.
I am highly dissappointed. I see no point further stressing my point, I have met many -Oyinbo wannabe, but forever black - like you, they never find anything good in who and what they are.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 1:27am On Apr 15, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

@ VicJustice.
Why ask the question when you have already made up your mind that there is nothing good about Nigeria.
It's a shame that you are not embrassed to air that out. - even the devil himself has something good, he can sing, talkless of a whole nation of 120 million people. The likes of Wole Soyinka, akunyili didnt strike you did it. The globally praise peacekeeping envoy of the Nigerian Army. the Culture - diversity. Sports. Shame on you if you don't know anything good about Nigeria.
I am highly dissappointed. I see no point further stressing my point, I have met many -Oyinbo wannabe, but forever black - like you, they never find anything good in who and what they are.

Dear LASIEFAIRE
Did i say anything that refers to you personally, or has any of my various post ever insulted your personality?
Am i not entitled to my opinion as well as you are to your's?
Do you understand the meaning of the word, debate?
Do i have problem with your own way of reasoning?
How come you've taken it personal to rain insult on me, how come?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Deal With Culture Shock While Travelling / Christmas: Enugu Indigenes Get Free Transport From Gov. Ugwuanyi / 6 Signs You May Miss Your Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.