Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,281 members, 7,884,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? (11227 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria / Can We Actually Change The Negative Perception about Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by bilms(m): 5:52pm On Feb 24, 2009
i think if all the anti nigerians consider nigerian to have nio good, then, they ahve to rethink.

because to me, the very best good thing a country can offer its citizen is bringing him or her into existence.

so if no other country can bring u into existance apart from our great country Nigeria, then u need to celebrate that country. and if u think u dont still see any good thing from it.

plz can u change ur country of origin? no.

there is an organization now trying to raise and fight for Nigeria.

the organization is us, the Nigerian, u can be part of it by pointing out one good thing u have ever done for this country and also u have done for ur fellow nigerian.

it is time u guys join the Nigerian Developemnt Movement and we all fight for change.

www.ndm..com

get involved.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Tegese: 9:30am On Feb 27, 2009
bilms:

i think if all the anti nigerians consider nigerian to have nio good, then, they ahve to rethink.

because to me, the very best good thing a country can offer its citizen is bringing him or her into existence.

so if no other country can bring u into existance apart from our great country Nigeria, then u need to celebrate that country. and if u think u dont still see any good thing from it.

the organization is us, the Nigerian, u can be part of it by pointing out one good thing u have ever done for this country and also u have done for ur fellow nigerian.

it is time u guys join the Nigerian Developemnt Movement and we all fight for change.

www.ndm..com

get involved.
oh yeh? it's a good thing for a country to bring you into existence to suffer and not take care of you, right?
just like parents having children, it's one thing to be unable to take care of one's children, and another thing to be unwilling to take care of them
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by bilms(m): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2009
the country has already taken care of us by providing us with alot of natural resources. the almighty also blesed us with abundant talent.

but it is u and i who deprived ourself the oopurtnity to benefit from the natural resources, by not standing up for our rights.

we now sit back and watch the so called leaders to enjoy all the good things.

When u say there is no any good thing to say baout NigERia, that means including u who said it, because u are a nigerian.

we have alot of good things but need to use intellect to get it.

stand up and fight for ur right not by fighting with power, but with intellect.

Get Involved.

Nigerian Developmemnt Movement.

www.ndm..com

our new site is

www.mynigerianproject.org
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Tegese: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2009
bilms:

www.ndm..com

get involved.
bilms:

the country has already taken care of us by providing us with alot of natural resources. the almighty also blesed us with abundant talent.

but it is u and i who deprived ourself the oopurtnity to benefit from the natural resources, by not standing up for our rights.

When u say there is no any good thing to say baout NigERia, that means including u who said it, because u are a nigerian.

stand up and fight for ur right not by fighting with power, but with intellect.

Get Involved.

www.ndm..com

our new site is

man, you are a patriotic nigerian, and you are doing something to show it. not like others who rain insults to anyone who oppose that there are good things in nigeria, and yet do nothing about the mess
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by bilms(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2009
thanks for the compliment
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 12:59pm On Mar 20, 2009
Busy_body:

@ Tegese

Things will get better someday then all this would be history.
This is an old slogan that existed generations ago, when is the reality going to effect, should we wait for another Moses to lead the country to a promise land, or, perhaps another Messiah?
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2009
bilms:

Yes, Nigeria is blessed with natural resources, probably more so than some Western countries.
How come we're lagging behind? The "wealth" from these natural resources is in the wrong hands, but I'm sure you know this.
Ghana's a neighbouring country, similarly structured, yet life there's totally different from Nigerian existence.

bilms:

Really? Besides brute force / civil wars, how else do you expect Nigerians to stand up for their rights?
They've been doing so for decades, what good has it done?
Nigerians are deprived by those in power, period.

bilms:

Does one have a choice?

bilms:

People have fought with intellect, most of them are dead, and not by natural causes either!

bilms:

Get Involved.
www.ndm..com
our new site is

I don't mean to be rude, but right now, you sound like a Nigerian politician canvassing for votes.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Tegese: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2009
Siena:

Really? Besides brute force / civil wars, how else do you expect Nigerians to stand up for their rights?
They've been doing so for decades, what good has it done?
Nigerians are deprived by those in power, period.

good call, well put
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Sammy107d(m): 7:31am On Mar 21, 2009
I just laughed though all this. A few yrs back, I would av condemned naija too. . . The thing is that people think every other place is heaven. I'm now d most patriotic person ever. I love the food, music, church, people, family/school life, entertainment/tv/cultural dances/movies/amazing radio, fashion, animals, weather, theater, arts, knowledge hub (training seminar s here n there), the beautiful women, the linguistic diversity, the cyber cafes and game centres, the local snacks, the potential, the
easy banks, cheap calls, cheap clothing, road trips to rural areas, newspaper/news,football and other sports, beaches and forests,  music again! Local tailors, my cheap dentist,  cheap electronics, camaraderie with friends and family, weddings/namings, Lagos life/ekiti landscape, ogun communities, Abuja structures, bread, taxis, fruits, gala, markets, smart people, people, and people everywhere . . . I'm trying not to mention the Economic  and business environment,fiscal structures, foreign policy regarding the military, nice houses  and other elite stuff the list goes on ( and so does the list of bad things- like everyother country) most importantly, Nigeria made me who I am. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I am one good thing about Nigeria. I believe seun, Soyinka, emegweli, and some other millions could make that list. Nigeria would never be better with hopeless negativists. Now, I would never drop a paper on the streets in Nigeria cos of my new attitude - a very strong contrast with who I was when I was a frustrated cynic a few yrs back.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2009
Sammy107_d:

I just laughed though all this. A few yrs back, I would av condemned naija too. . . The thing is that people think every other place is heaven. I'm now d most patriotic person ever. I love the food, music, church, people, family/school life, entertainment/tv/cultural dances/movies/amazing radio, fashion, animals, weather, theater, arts, knowledge hub (training seminar s here n there), the beautiful women, the linguistic diversity, the cyber cafes and game centres, the local snacks, the potential, the
easy banks, cheap calls, cheap clothing, road trips to rural areas, newspaper/news,football and other sports, beaches and forests, music again! Local tailors, my cheap dentist, cheap electronics, camaraderie with friends and family, weddings/namings, Lagos life/ekiti landscape, ogun communities, Abuja structures, bread, taxis, fruits, gala, markets, smart people, people, and people everywhere . . . I'm trying not to mention the Economic and business environment,fiscal structures, foreign policy regarding the military, nice houses and other elite stuff the list goes on ( and so does the list of bad things- like everyother country) most importantly, Nigeria made me who I am. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I am one good thing about Nigeria. I believe seun, Soyinka, emegweli, and some other millions could make that list. Nigeria would never be better with hopeless negativists. Now, I would never drop a paper on the streets in Nigeria cos of my new attitude - a very strong contrast with who I was when I was a frustrated cynic a few yrs back.
   Congrats, i understand that you were once a hater of the country for reason of your frustration, but now that you've been sorted, you now have every reason to fall in love underminding the millions of fellow Nigerian citizens who aren't so furtunate.
   My friend, is this how egoistic you are? Man, don't be so self centered or doesn't your conscience tell you that you're entertaining some selfish attitudes?
   Such attitude suggest to me like those of some activists who would organise rallies and campaigns against governments or movements, and then turn their backs against the very organisations that they once supported after being sorted or bribed out.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by JJYOU: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2009
nigeria he go better
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Sammy107d(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2009
Vicjustice:

Congrats, i understand that you were once a hater of the country for reason of your frustration, but now that you've been sorted, you now have every reason to fall in love underminding the millions of fellow Nigerian citizens who aren't so furtunate.
  My friend, is this egoistic you are? Man, don't be so self centered or doesn't your conscience tell you that you're entertaining some selfish attitudes?
  Such attitude suggest to me like those of some activists who would organise rallies and campaigns against governments or movements, and then turn their backs against the very organisations that they once supported after being sorted or bribed out.

What makes you think I'm sorted, and I'm not speaking as a result of more severe frustration? You, like many more millions of nigerians, live in the illusion that a chance to travel out automatically spells good fortune (u're probably out of the country, and maybe u got lucky). . . I have not learnt to disregard the ills in the country, but to appreciate the goodness that abounds (and it does abound).
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 12:56am On Apr 02, 2009
Sammy107_d:

What makes you think I'm sorted, and I'm not speaking as a result of more severe frustration? You, like many more millions of nigerians, live in the illusion that a chance to travel out automatically spells good fortune (u're probably out of the country, and maybe u got lucky). . . I have not learnt to disregard the ills in the country, but to appreciate the goodness that abounds (and it does abound).
So, what's your story, are you actually talking "as a result of more severe frustration" or you're apprciating "the goodness that abounds (and it does abound)".
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Sammy107d(m): 5:23am On Apr 02, 2009
I owe you no story. Enjoy your bigotry
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by travelcare: 8:42pm On Apr 04, 2009
Nigeria could be problematic and upside down, but managers always believe that in every economic problems lies great opportunities, explore the opportunities in the Nigeria geographical polity and see yourself excel.

Nigeria is a great country!

Goodluck as you explore!

Travelcare.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by bilms(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2009
lets use Nigerian music industry as an example.
way back we all use to ignor and avoid listening to nigerian music.

y? because of the poor quality music.

we prefare listening to forign music.

why? because of the good product.

then what do we keep complaining abt? lack of support from the government.

but now, when the nigerian artist came out with brand new style, quality music, we all started ignoring forgin music and we prefare niger music.

this is what am talking abt.

lets look at it from this angle. if te nigerian music industry can get this far without government support, then we nigerians can make the difference.

i am not a politician canversing for vote, but a nigerian who knows the potential we gat. and i am sure we can do it if we want to.

thats y i said u shoud get involve where u will meet people thatr share the same view with u that can come up with idea on how we can change our country.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2009
bilms:

thats y i said u shoud get involve where u will meet people thatr share the same view with u that can come up with idea on how we can change our country.
   Does the idea involve trying and sending evil people like Obasanjo, Babangida, Aneni, Igbinedion and other wicked thieves who still manipulate the country to jail?
   How can you make your compound safe for your children without first getting rid of the scorpions and serpents that dwell in the play-ground?
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2009
Vicjustice:

Does the idea involve trying and sending evil people like Obasanjo, Babangida, Aneni, Igbinedion and other wicked thieves who still manipulate the country to jail?
How can you make your room safe for your children without first getting rid of the scorpions and serpents that dwell in the room?

Abeg, make you tell am jare! grin cheesy
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 8:43pm On May 12, 2009
The truth is always bitter to those who cherish falsehood, those who believe in lies and accept the illusion of fact rather than the reality of the truth
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by BabaDibia: 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2009
what of spiritual power is not good thing?
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by WarriBoyz: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2009
Six pages of responses, to a self hater, or maybe one of those enemy plants. Just take a look at his profile pic. This one is a house slave.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by wishlolia(f): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2010
my goodness, does this really happen in nigeria? eweeeee! embarassed sad sad
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
Sammy107_d:

easy banks, cheap calls, cheap clothing, road trips to rural areas, newspaper/news,football and other sports, beaches and forests,  music again! Local tailors, my cheap dentist,  cheap electronics, camaraderie with friends and family, weddings/namings, Lagos life/ekiti landscape, ogun communities, Abuja structures, bread, taxis, fruits, gala, markets, smart people, people, and people everywhere . . . I'm trying not to mention the Economic  and business environment,fiscal structures, foreign policy regarding the military, nice houses  and other elite stuff the list goes on ( and so does the list of bad things- like everyother country) most importantly, Nigeria made me who I am. I wouldn't trade that for anything. I am one good thing about Nigeria. I believe seun, Soyinka, emegweli, and some other millions could make that list. Nigeria would never be better with hopeless negativists. Now, I would never drop a paper on the streets in Nigeria cos of my new attitude - a very strong contrast with who I was when I was a frustrated cynic a few yrs back.

Your post sounds more like sentimental, wishful thinking, or some kind of latter-day motivational talk.
The most important things to any one person, that makes life worth living in any country, are right to life, fair hearing, free speech, food, clothing, shelter, medicare, decent accomodation, healthy and reasonable means of livelihood, security to life and property, political and social stability, etc.

We all know those things are not readily available in Nigeria. So it's rather difficult to see positivity, when the pervading atmosphere is mostly chaotic and brutish. Most people are just grateful to be alive, whether you like it or not. Or don't all those things count for anything? I guess I am struggling to see the point being made by people like you.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Yorubah(m): 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2010
Most people are frustrated and ignorant, matter of fact no good thing about Nigeria right now, no future for the young ones
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Hoodrat(m): 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2010
Who is a foolish man behind this thread?a nigerian man has no right to say this to his country no matter what the case maybe. Tipycal mumu sounding as if he was born in white men country itan ra enije gba.
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by Vicjustice: 8:54pm On Nov 30, 2010
Hoodrat:

Who is a foolish man behind this thread?a nigerian man has no right to say this to his country no matter what the case maybe. Tipycal mumu sounding as if he was born in white men country itan ra enije gba.
And you think this kind of enslaving comment could come out of the heart of a wise Nigerian?
Re: Is There Any Good Thing About Nigeria? by lucabrasi(m): 5:42am On May 25, 2011
guess its a matter of perception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uk Deports 120 Nigerians Over Immigration Offences / Kindly Share Your Late Night Driving Experience Here / Top 10 Important Road Safety Tips From FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.