Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,360 members, 7,897,624 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:59 PM

What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? (4013 Views)

Photos Of Man Trekking From Yola To Abuja / Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 7:35am On Apr 11, 2013
Sequel to a new mod being imposed on us, there is a need to crosscheck to know the kind of person he is and what he stands for. Below are some opinions of few Nlers. Am quite sure he has positive reviews also, i enjoy reading his comments on the three lions however nothing more than that.

I may not neccessarily agree with them initially but the coming on board of Ikenna to this section seems to sway my mind. considering the way he has started so far, i have no option but to agree. i dont think its a good idea bringing him on board here.

We politics members were recently battered and had our hearts shattered with the coming on board of Afam the bigot and the edging out of Jarus, a man of ideas and now this angry angry Indeed Seun has no good intents for us. We will continue to resist. As we succeded as regards Afam so we will for Ikenna. May the force be on us all.

Feel free to express ur opinion also.

Ikenna351: @ Trac,

nony30 was banned in another thread in car talk somedays ago for calling Yoruba people "Yoruba". He wasnt the only one banned in that thread for insulting another tribe. Am an Igbo, but i wont stand anyone insulting another tribe in car talk.

Ikenna.

Trac:

Ikenna, you are arrogant. Humble yourself. Sadly, you've exposed yourself and you are not teachable. As the administrator, you should be a lot cordial; this isn't so: leaving room for much to be desired. Look at the topic sentence, follow the trail and blasphemy is found; because of snob-appeal. -- because of pride, your folly is exposed and you don't know. You respect no one; you don't respect GOD!

Go ahead with the insults and threaten to ban as you've done to others. I have nothing against you and you're cool with me. There is no hate coming from me; that's who I am.

I'm pulling the "brakes" here. Anything you want to do is up to you (insults, theoretical-google, etc).

All the very best:

ken43: hello @ Trac,I think ‎u should just ignore the arrogant(know Į̸̸̨ƭ all fellow called ikenna)he actually banned me in dis section for •̸№ good reason @ all just τ̲̅ȍ keep my word against his arrogance out of the way.initially he labelled the thread "Silly things non car enthusiasts say",I wonder Y he changed the topic?by d way I'm Nony30 and even in my absence here the message of ur arrogance keeps coming τ̲̅ȍ ‎u Ikenna.@ Trac welldone!!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by gramci: 8:53am On Apr 11, 2013
he's here to frustrate bigots

4 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by amarilo: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2013
gramci: he's here to frustrate bigots
And they are complaining. Bigots beware.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by OurYansh: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2013
Time shall tell!!

One thing I know is‎​ that Ideas rule the world and Ikenna aint a man of ideas. He's only as bright as a 50 Watts electric bulb...

cool
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by wesley80(m): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2013
@OP, we know say e don tey wey u dey mumu but I can't help but wonder what the point of this thread is. Please show me one MOD that has'nt come under scathing criticisms in this entire forum - I'm waiting. Can you compare those criticisms with any of those suffered by the likes of OMAJE, Afam or even Jarus? when juxtaposed, these ones actually sound like compliments so I ask again, what's your point? Ok, it's you dey call Demdemoron!

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by alfaman2: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Another Igbo mod!
Hahahaha!

Seun, when do you want to sell Nairaland? Whateverprice they give you, we will top it by 10%. Nairaland will turn to Igboland sooner than you lot think.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 11, 2013
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this latest effort aimed at taming the scourge of ethnocentrism and downright bigotry which has become synonymous with the political section of Nairaland.

Seun, it is time you took a clearer stand - by publicly announcing your support for this new directive, instead of laying low and leaving your Mods to absorb all the heat.

@All, Nairaland has become rather to big to be allowed to crumble under its own excesses.
By all means, lets have heated debates which assuages anxieties in some respect; fuels concerns in other areas; helps achieve catharsis; castigates, cajoles, and consoles. Let's do all these and more, while elevating discourse and maintaining the standards expected of Nigeria's foremost social media site.

The change you desire starts with you grin

Note: included below is a small sample of articles which show just how important Nairaland has become to the wider research community.

President Yar Adua’s inaugural speech, our data, was downloaded from the internet on www.nairaland.com. It is titled “The challenge is great, the goal is now”. The speech is written in twenty three (23) paragraphs, from which we have identified only twenty (20) sample utterances. This is because the selected sentences have at least one or more speech act forms for analysis. Our analyses in the following sections are based on the pragmatic tools
reviewed above.

Olaniyi, O. K. (2010). A PRAGMATIC ANALYSIS OF PRESIDENT UMAR YAR ADUA’S INAUGURAL SPEECH OF 29TH MAY, 2007. Journal of the Nigeria English Studies Association (JNESA), 13(2), 45.

Although, the new scheme was later put in abeyance due to politico - Economic and juridical reasons, Nigerians and other observers continue to express their views on both the announcement and suspension of the new reform for the naira. It suffice to state that a private dedicated website for the proposed scheme, www.nairaland.com, has in less than three month since the pronouncement recorded over 8836 views. Similar to this are found in other electronic and print fora.

Dogarawa, A. (2010). The Economics of Currency Redenomination: An Appraisal of Central Bank of Nigeria Redenomination Proposal. Available at SSRN 1622144. Retrieved from http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1622144

Based on these assumptions, this study focuses on race and ethnicity and their sociolinguistic implications on the web forum nairaland.com, a discussion platform and place of interaction for Nigerian locals, first- and second-generation Nigerian emigrants, as well as participants with other ethnic backgrounds. A corpus based on data from Nairaland, with 17 million tokens and a time span of four years, allows for qualitative and quantitative explorations of racialized online discourse, organized around the following questions

Fabricio, B. F. (n.d.). Conference Agenda. Retrieved from https://www.conftool.pro/sociolinguistics-symposium-2012/index.php?page=browseSessions&form_session=192

Osewa (2005) the owner of Nairaland.com recently asked “Is it likely that with the way our
country is going -parents teaching their kids less of their origin, roots and language, that most of our
languages would become extinct with time?”
Johnmary, A. K. (2012). UNESCO PREDICTION ON THE EXTINCTION OF IGBO LANGUAGE IN 2025: ANALYZING SOCIETAL VIOLENCE AND NEW TRANSFORMATIVE STRATEGIES. Developing Country Studies, 2(cool, 110–118.

In an entry on a forum on the Nigerian site with the topic: ‘Have you ever denied your country?’:I guesssed i've not had the opportunity to. Nigeria has a very bad image outside; thanks to the 419ers, fraudsters, ritualists and our leaders who disgrace us all. Most people who travel with a nigerian passport are looked down upon, the innocent ones su
ffer for this. Opening a bank account abroad using a Nigerian passport is very difficult. Quite a number of Nigerians now own Ghanaian passports If u ever find yourself abroad, be very careful of the Nigerians you meet. They could put u in trouble (emphasis mine) 161

Samyn, S., & Kunstwetenschappen, M. (n.d.). Nollywood in the Diaspora: An exploratory study on transnational. Retrieved from http://lib.ugent.be/fulltxt/RUG01/001/457/624/RUG01-001457624_2011_0001_AC.pdf
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2013
What annoys me most is that the owner of this forum, Seun Osewa, will not say a damn thing! He will always remain silent.That means whatever we say here, is just bla bla bla...... He doesn't care. As long as this is a public forum,no one has the right to impose a moderator on us. Compared to a Democratic setting, we the forumers have the right to choose our own moderators. You cannot bring a mod from another section,someone who doesnt post or comment in this section to moderate Political section. it's just like saying we can't do anything! y'all should go to hell.

If this is how things are going to be run in this section, then i might leave nairaland for good. I have said it before that i don't gain anything being a nairalander. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Seun(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2013
berem: What annoys me most is that the owner of this forum, Seun Osewa, will not say a damn thing!
I don't believe in talking. I believe in listening and acting. So your opinions are very important to me. I'm watching this thread.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 11, 2013
Rotflmao. . .
So I woke up this morning. Did my early morning ritual. . .a bit of nairalanding!

Tried responding to the thrrad created by Ikenna but noticed it was locked.

Funny thing is, it is the 'self proclaimed intellectuals' who are kicking against simple instructions such as:

No more tribalism
Igbo is igbo
Yoruba is yoruba
Ojukwu is ojukwu
Awolowo is Awolowo
Achebe is Achebe
. . . I mean how complex is the above?

While I'm in total support of the new MODS position I fear he'll tire out over time.

In the meantime, you 'intellectuals sorry cry babies' crack me up. I tell ya.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 11, 2013
We have seen his type before......until we get another mod in the mold of Jarus ( people with forward looking ideas ), this kneel-jerk reactions to activities in politics section won't go away soon.

We were all here when this forum started ...those that started communication by only insults of other tribes but are now shouting victimization. .

We are watching ....one thing is for sure, we know those of us that want this community to grow, want the best for it, and those that want it downfall so that they can move en-masse to go to their own forum.

I pray Seun can see clearly.

In the meantime ..Ikenna...pls tone down on the arrogance.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Nairaland has gotten some swagger that makes people to love it and also rise faster among other forums in Nigeria........

If u remove the swagger of politics section,then u would send some very active,hilarious poster away......

While the politics section swagger shd not be eradicated in it entirety cuz ''most'' of what transpires in Politics section is actually what happened out there in our country........the politics section must be controlled..... Not with Iron-hand.....!!!

Ikenna,u will soonl soon get tired/bored/frustrated and Moved........Na Nigerians be that oooo.......!!!

U don't know how painful it is for a post to be ''hidden'' .....start from there Osewa abi na Ikenna .....not gra gra Military Laws......!!!

Also,introduce some kinda debates that's gonna promote harmony on Nairaland.....where peeps will have common agenda not Ethnocentric agenda........just like JARUS did.....

Also ,check International tribal sentiment before it goes outa hand...Nigeria/Ghana/ZA/Kenya .......Nairaland can be the little e-window of Nigeria to the world(Africa most esp).....the thoughts of Nlanders may equals the thought of Naija among these African folks ......so ,keep response clean......

Keep Nairaland Clean,Seun Osewa
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Jakumo(m): 10:43am On Apr 11, 2013
To answer the question posed earlier here, Ikenna is a VERY effective and productive moderator, for he has, for the first time that I can recall, eliminated all that utterly boring and repetitive tribalistic venom that polluted the Nairaland forum for far too long already.

Take a chainsaw to them tribal hate mongering swamp-monkeys, Ikenna, for you are doing what NO other Nairaland forum moderator has ever tried to do, namely to filter out the crap, so as to allow intelligent discourse to reign supreme, as it should.

6 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by tomakint: 10:49am On Apr 11, 2013
Ikenna is, 'a stickler-of-rules' and he has come to stay for good! He is the need of the hour at the politics section if sanity must come back to that 'most visited section of Nairaland'! The daily show of shame at the politics section is really killing Nairaland silently!

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by tomakint: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2013
Jakumo: To answer the question posed earlier here, Ikenna is a VERY effective and productive moderator, for he has, for the first time that I can recall, eliminated all that utterly boring and repetitive tribalistic venom that polluted the Nairaland forum for far too long already.

Take a chainsaw to them tribal hate mongering swamp-monkeys, Ikenna, for you are doing what NO other Nairaland forum moderator has ever tried to do, namely to filter out the crap, so as to allow intelligent discourse to reign supreme, as it should.
You 'hit the nail on the head' once again! Good thinking bro wink
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2013
Seun:
I don't believe in talking. I believe in listening and acting. So your opinions are very important to me. I'm watching this thread.
you don't believe in talking? interesting! btw when are you making plans to bring back the debate? Since Jarus left, you and the moderators of this section are trying to sweep the debate under the carpet. Does it mean apart from Jarus, no other moderator is capable of handling the debate? is it not a shame that something that has always been the legacy of this section has suddenly become a thing of the past? it's high time you did something about it since it's the only thing that promotes unity on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Emperor007: 11:01am On Apr 11, 2013
Simply put, the man that intend to filter NL politics section of tribal bigots and regulate tribal marathon.

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by tomakint: 11:04am On Apr 11, 2013
OMO IBO: Rotflmao. . .
So I woke up this morning. Did my early morning ritual. . .a bit of nairalanding!

Tried responding to the thrrad created by Ikenna but noticed it was locked.

Funny thing is, it is the 'self proclaimed intellectuals' who are kicking against simple instructions such as:

No more tribalism
Igbo is igbo
Yoruba is yoruba
Ojukwu is ojukwu
Awolowo is Awolowo
Achebe is Achebe
. . . I mean how complex is the above?

While I'm in total support of the new MODS position I fear he'll tire out over time.

In the meantime, you 'intellectuals sorry cry babies' crack me up. I tell ya.
For your info bro, intellectualism and tribalism are two parallel lines that can never meet! No matter how intellectually-gifted one is, if such a one is an unrepentant tribalist especially in Nigerian context, trust me such a one is only an 'educated illiterate' that's just the way it is cool
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2013
You are probably right bro.

I think I now understand a whole lot more what the term 'educated illiterate' means. Surely, if the highly educated ones amongst us struggle to abide by simple forum rule then there's a problem. I mean, these rules are as simple as A B C.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by russellino: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2013
Tribalism reached a terrible peak under the watch of jarus. Since he left there has been an improvement.

Ikenna looks like he understands the gravity of tribalism and I'm glad he's aggressive about killing it off on this site. He should be encouraged whether he's brash or whatever.

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Stallion77(f): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2013
Ikenna in my personal opinion is kindhearted and would go extra miles to uphold his integrity than to be perceived other wise. He once contributed immensely to solving an issue i had with my car in Cartalk section so you can say my opinion of him biased...Na for ya pocket, e no concern me!

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2013
Tribalism or not, bigotory or not, whatever happened to freedom of speech.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Whitehorse: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2013
@ Seun, Ikenna.

I totally support this move!!!

Ban any bigot or tribalist. If you cant be civil in your discuss, then get out.

Nairaland has been descending headlong into a cesspit of ethnic hatred and bashing, but i hope Ikenna can clean this place up. The Lord is your strenght.

Seun please also look at extending this type of rule to cover the Nigeria/SA/Kenya/Ghana/Cameroun bashing that takes place here too.

Nairaland is an African brand now, and frankly speaking, the politic section's current reputation does not bode well for the brand, but i hope its going to get better...

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 11:44am On Apr 11, 2013
gramci: he's here to frustrate bigots

A noble one in my opinion.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 11:49am On Apr 11, 2013
wesley80: @OP, we know say e don tey wey u dey mumu but I can't help but wonder what the point of this thread is. Please show me one MOD that has'nt come under scathing criticisms in this entire forum - I'm waiting. Can you compare those criticisms with any of those suffered by the likes of OMAJE, Afam or even Jarus? when juxtaposed, these ones actually sound like compliments so I ask again, what's your point? Ok, it's you dey call Demdemoron!

Fool, understand the post first before commenting. The aim was defined. If u need more clarifications I will clarrify.ur opinion is what is needed here and not ur rants. Spare us ur thrash biko.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Apr 11, 2013
Seun:

A simple and direct question was raised, till date u have kept mute.
" Are we to follow ikenna's rules in politics section or NL's rules?"
Which one will step down for the other?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by 175(m): 11:55am On Apr 11, 2013
See dem. . .tribal bigots! Dey are all jittery n afriad. Una game is up. grin grin grin
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
ilugunboy: We have seen his type before......until we get another mod in the mold of Jarus ( people with forward looking ideas ), this kneel-jerk reactions to activities in politics section won't go away soon.

We were all here when this forum started ...those that started communication by only insults of other tribes but are now shouting victimization. .

We are watching ....one thing is for sure, we know those of us that want this community to grow, want the best for it, and those that want it downfall so that they can move en-masse to go to their own forum.

I pray Seun can see clearly.

In the meantime ..Ikenna...pls tone down on the arrogance.

We requested for a return of our monthly debates all to avail. That in itself if revived can keep bigots busy thereby channeling their energy into something much more positive.
Bans cant stop bigots, afam is a case study. and absolutely nothing wrong about being tribal afterall we have a tribal section. Both shouldn't be mixed together.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 12:05pm On Apr 11, 2013
175: See dem. . .tribal bigots! Dey are all jittery n afriad. Una game is up. grin grin grin

a bigot is an obstinate believer intolerant of others.
Igbo Bigot is an Igboman or woman that believes any tribe except igbo should be wiped off from the earth surface. believes so much in the supremacy of what he/she believes in. so is the case for a Yoruba or Hausa bigot.
A Proud Yoruba man can still believe so much in his tribe and appreciate other tribes.
U can be "tribal" but being an ethnic bigot should be our main target of exterminating.
U need to learn boy.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2013
donroxy:

Also,introduce some kinda debates that's gonna promote harmony on Nairaland.....where peeps will have common agenda not Ethnocentric agenda........just like JARUS did.....

This should be part of the solution. Keep us busy, task the brain and lets put it in good use and not this headmaster thing method.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
Demdem:

Bans cant stop bigots, afam is a case study.
you and Afam every time. won't you give him breathing space? haba! grin
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
berem: you and Afam every time. won't you give him breathing space? haba! grin

Probabbly because i love him grin grin and besides his experiences is there for all to learn from.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXECUTED TWICE: Man Who Survived Execution Will Be Hanged Again. / Effect Of Condom / Facts About The "Morning Woody" In Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.