Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,397 members, 7,897,766 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 07:33 PM

What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? (4014 Views)

Photos Of Man Trekking From Yola To Abuja / Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by tomakint: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seun: This is a completely false and nonsensical lie. I have never appointed a moderator to favour my tribe. My decision to appoint Ikenna351 is based on his passion for the cause. I just decided to give him a chance to do something about it. Daz all.
Your decision on this one, I believed is on the right path and well intended and my hunches seem to be telling me you've judged rightly! I just believe Ikenna will DO IT RIGHT! wink
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Only one group of people will complain
The usual ones
Pathetic
What is his crime?
Being Igbo
Useless she males
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Biggyd2: 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2013
berem: you love who? ok i understand. grin

If none of the moderators who are busy clamping down on bigots cannot anchor the debate, someone else should do it. I don't think Jarus will like to continue. WE can't allow such innovation to die a natural death. Personally,i hate debate with passion but for the purpose of enhancing unity on this forum, i totally support it.

I agree, others could continue from where Jarus stopped. From what I have gathered here, many people still want the debates to continue. I don't know if Jarus has expressed his disinterest in continuing with what he was doing before. However, if he is no longer interested, I would suggest that Seun or the politics section moderators make(s) a call for volunteers to continue with the debates. People could even vote to select the final forumites to oversee these debates. The moderators would be on hand to clean up such threads(if need be) So long as the process is fair, I am of the opinion that it will be accepted by most people. Please if the debates will reduce the bad blood going on NL amongst our people, I am all for it. My 2kobo. Thanks.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
eko ilee: How many ibo mods do you need to protect and baby sit ibo posters on NL? Are they the only members around here?

This is just another silly and misguided effort because the situation remains the same until they change their attitude. It's pointless spinning your wheels simply because the usual characters can not stop looking for trouble.

Basically, you can not get any kind of respect from the people you don't respect.. at least not not now because I remember you people used to have it your way all day everyday while we ignore you and also while the same people who are.trying to project you now looked the other way and let it get out of hand because some of us said enough is enough in our own way.

We sit here and watch while you people run wild, while you start threads just to trash Awo and other Yoruba leaders and while seun and his mods looked the other way.

Unless you people change your behavior and quit acting as.if the sun rise and set on your asss, the situation remains theu same, you'll get paid back accordingly regardless of any amount of baby sitting mods they put here to babysit you.

1. They need to stop looking for trouble.

2. They need to stop starting tribal threads.

3. They need to stop their tribal attacks on progress and developments outside their borders or in other peoples region.

4. They need to put their anger, hate and bitterness in check.

Change your ways, that's the only solution.

Case in point
Cursed souls
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by ekoilee: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
nwando:

Case in point
Cursed souls

I don't think you people are ready to change your ways..
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by PointB: 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
Biggyd2:

I agree, others could continue from where Jarus stopped. From what I have gathered here, many people still want the debates to continue. I don't know if Jarus has expressed his disinterest in continuing with what he was doing before. However, if he is no longer interested, I would suggest that Seun or the politics section moderators make(s) a call for volunteers to continue with the debates. People could even vote to select the final forumites to oversee these debates. So long as the process is fair, I am of the opinion that it will be accepted by most people. Please if the debates will reduce the bad blood going on NL amongst our people, I am all for it. My 2kobo. Thanks.

Seun and the MODs do not necessarily need to be involved in the planning or organizing the debate. Anyone with an above average amount of time to spare can take up the responsibility. Knowing the MODs very well, they will give their support in every way possible.

But in all honesty, I think the importance of the debates are fairly overrated, and the number of people that want to see it continued is also overestimated.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Biggyd2: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
PointB:

[quote]Seun and the MODs do not necessarily need to be involved in the planning or organizing the debate. Anyone with an above average amount of time to spare can take up the responsibility. Knowing the MODs very well, they will give their support in every way possible.
You have a point.

But in all honesty, I think the importance of the debates are fairly overrated, and the number of people that want to see it continued is also overestimated.
Since some people now seem to believe that non-debate seem to be a part of the problem, we could still give it a try. And if it doesn't work, well everyone moves on. Personally though, I do believe that some were quite educating(except the derailments and ethnic/tribal insults,of course).
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Ikenna is here to deal with bitter tribalist idiots like eko ile, aji haram and lots of them. Thats why you guys are freaking out already.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2013
But I would think Seun is tech savvy. cheesy If you want tribalism to stop here then automate the moderation instead of appointing more power drunk mods. Fact is most mods contribute to tribalism here by their selective bannings and hiding of comments. By automating the moderation, you put a flag button on comments, if like 6 people flags a comment, the comment is automatically hidden. You can then have one mod to supervise and receive complaints. That's what we do at Yahoo! That way you will have your Jesus peace away from erratic Mods and complaints.

My 2 cents!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seun: This is a completely false and nonsensical lie. I have never appointed a moderator to favour my tribe. My decision to appoint Ikenna351 is based on his passion for the cause. I just decided to give him a chance to do something about it. Daz all.

Did u also give him the authority to rewrite NLs rules?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 6:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
PointB: My people,
Let's give Seun the benefit of the doubt, and Ikenna a chance to waive his wand. If (I have my doubts of course) 'tribalism' is routed, let the strongest and most adapted survive!

Still pleading in a pull him down thread right?
What a confused mind. I wonder what u are still doing here.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Biggyd2: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
FreeGlobe: But I would think Seun is tech savvy. cheesy If you want tribalism to stop here then automate the moderation instead of appointing more power drunk mods. Fact is most mods contribute to tribalism here by their selective bannings and hiding of comments. By automating the moderation, you put a flag button on comments, if like 6 people flags a comment, the comment is automatically hidden. You can then have one mod to supervise and receive complaints. That's what we do at Yahoo! That way you will have your Jesus piece away from erratic Mods and complaints.

My 2 cents!

Your idea is good but remember that some people have multiple IDs. What if someone with different IDs keeps using same to get the required number? Or can the mods determine how many monikers a poster uses?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Desola(f): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
alfaman2: Whenever I see yoruba people whinning because Igbo guys are doing better jobs than them, I can't stop laughing. Seun, first started tribalism by making only his tribesmen moderators. They nearly lost him his forum. Now he is employing Igbo people because if he wants his business to succeed, he has no other option.

You see now? When we start now, you lot would start crying foul.

Be seriously warned now, or else!

Why do you people like looking for trouble so?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2013
Desola:

You see now? When we start now, you lot would start crying foul.

Be seriously warned now, or else!

Why do you people like looking for trouble so?
lol. you people are too silly. what are you starting? Who is afraid of you?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by FreeGlobe(f): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
Biggyd2:

Your idea is good but remember that some people have multiple IDs. What if someone with different IDs keeps using same to get the required number? Or can the mods determine how many monikers a poster uses?
Nobody is that jobless believe me. And besides when people are bent on flagging your post, no number of multiple id's will stop that. How many can you create and use at a time to subdue other users with more number?

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2013

They said a man's worst enemies are the people in his own household
It is so true
Good thing you are are not allowing a bunch of these loud mouthed eediots that share the same tribal leaning with you influence you
Even a fool can see this thread is senseless
Someone is afraid of a mod for being Igbo?
Good that you can stand your ground like in the Achebe hall of shame thread of last December and ask them to go and hang
Your earned a lot of respect there
It is after all your website and you have a duty not to appear to insult a section of your readers and supporters
The most they can do is call you names and threaten to leave( but never do)
Like anyone would miss their posts

If Ikenna will help you bring sanity,by all means carry on
People will just have to deal with it
Cheap blackmail is for cowards,don't give them a chance

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by tomakint: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2013
nwando:

They said a man's worst enemies are the people in his own household
It is so true
Good thing you are are not allowing a bunch of these loud mouthed eediots that share the same tribal leaning with you influence you
Even a fool can see this thread is senseless
Someone is afraid of a mod for being Igbo?
Good that you can stand your ground like in the Achebe hall of shame thread of last December and ask them to go and hang
Your earned a lot of respect there
It is after all your website and you have a duty not to appear to insult a section of your readers and supporters
The most they can do is call you names and threaten to leave( but never do)
Like anyone would miss their posts

If Ikenna will help you bring sanity,by all means carry on
People will just have to deal with it
Cheap blackmail is for cowards,don't give them a chance
Just to buttress on your valid points, whether the 'bunch of bigots' here like it or not, Ikenna has come to stay as a 'Moderator in the Politics Section' and no matter the level of tantrums thrown at him he will definitely outlive them! I am using this medium to APPEAL to Oluwaseun Osewa (Owner, Nairaland) to give Ikenna a freehand to operate in the unbiased capacity he has promised, in regardless of those 'red-herring tactics' displayed by those jittery bigots! Because I can see that Ikenna is the NEED OF THE HOUR cool
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Demdem(m): 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2013
OAM4J: Ladies and Gentlemen of Politics Section,

I think we have had enough debate on the new moderator. Ikenna351 has not made any new rule. He has only advised people to stick to using Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa on NL just like we have done in the past. He has not and he is not banning anyone for using Ibo, Yooba or Yoruba etc for now.

Ikenna351 is here to join the fight in putting an end to tribal attacks which am sure many of you want. Even if some of you dont believe in that mission, please let him do his job and let the attack stop. So far he has not done anything outside the rules of Nairaland.

So I plead with you all to let us rest the matter and focus on discussing Nigerian politics. For instance, Boko haram has rejected amnesty even before it is offered, what is now the way forward to our security challenges?

Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXECUTED TWICE: Man Who Survived Execution Will Be Hanged Again. / Effect Of Condom / Facts About The "Morning Woody" In Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.