Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,319 members, 7,964,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:34 PM

What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? (4091 Views)

Photos Of Man Trekking From Yola To Abuja / Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 / DAPOBEAR EMERGES POLITICS SECTION POSTER OF THE YEAR - 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by nduchucks: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
I think we all agree that bigotry should not be tolerated and we should support all moderators who are working towards its reduction.

The most effective moderator will take actions without making things worse by indirectly implying that he will overturn rules announced by fellow moderators, threatening or bullying forumites.

Moderators need the help and assistance of forumites to be successful and in this regard, Ikenna352 has failed because he has managed to p.iss off some of the very people whose help he needs. He can redeem himself if he so chooses.

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Boss13: 12:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seun thk you for listening. I think the new mod is lenient. I previously enjoyed the topic posted on this forum and how I unconsciously do not read newspapers online anymore. However, a new disease crept in and started spreading. That disease is ethnic insults, e-insult to one's opinion etc. I think 7days is too lenient for some people who have no respect for country, tribe, man and God. They should be ban for life. Only God knows their motive, maybe to destroy this community of learned member.

Seun you can assist ikenna by laying down the rules and spelling it out clearly for all to see. Thank you again.

God save Nigeria!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Why wait for the mods to bring up ideas since their are not forward thinking? Some of you have been here even before the debates started, why not propose some ideas, or offer to take charge of the debate. I think it should be possible for Seun to give you the necessary access without making you a mod. Instead of blaming the mods for everything, you all can make it work.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2013
Demdem:

Probabbly because i love him grin grin and besides his experiences is there for all to learn from.
you love who? ok i understand. grin

If none of the moderators who are busy clamping down on bigots cannot anchor the debate, someone else should do it. I don't think Jarus will like to continue. WE can't allow such innovation to die a natural death. Personally,i hate debate with passion but for the purpose of enhancing unity on this forum, i totally support it.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by phantom(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
Sound move seun.ik sounds promising.this forum needs some serious cleaning.i hope he doesnt tire out early. ikenna please go all out.theres lots of work to be done.be firm.

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
Like the debates will make much difference. Those who are hell bent on being tribal ethnicists will continue in that light.

When jarus introduced the debates it didn't stop our intellectuals from throwing tribal darts at each other on other threads. I mean the debates and tribal mudslinging threads ran concurrently.

I remember the numerous threads on biafra, awolowo, zik etc. The debates definitely didn't stop these threads from springing up.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by tomakint: 1:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
OMO IBO: Like the debates will make much difference. Those who are hell bent on being tribal ethnicists will continue in that light.

When jarus introduced the debates it didn't stop our intellectuals from throwing tribal darts at each other on other threads. I mean the debates and tribal mudslinging threads ran concurrently.

I remember the numerous threads on biafra, awolowo, zik etc. The debates definitely didn't stop these threads from springing up.

You are definitely right on this one probably that was the main reason Seun and the management had to discontinue the debate because somehow the bigots still 'sneaked' to derail the educative intentions of the debate!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Arysexy(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ Oga Seun @ d top!

I congratulate u for listening to d voice of wisdom as u rightly said, u are d "listening" type. Tribalism is silently killing NL and does not give room for intellectual discuss anymore. Ikenna has identified an aspect that need to be sanitized and we must support him. Those complaining are the usual culprits. Let allow ikenna bring sanity to this forum for once before tribalists run it down. The Ikenna i know is not arrogant, anybody that frequents Car section will agree with me that ikenna is humble but he is strict when it comes to rules. Many of us use to think those tribalist were sent by you Oga Seun @ d top to generate traffic by provoking others with their comment, but this effort has calm us down and made us believe u are a listening Oga.

I say weldone to Ikenna and Oga @ d top Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by ekoilee: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2013
How many ibo mods do you need to protect and baby sit ibo posters on NL? Are they the only members around here?

This is just another silly and misguided effort because the situation remains the same until they change their attitude. It's pointless spinning your wheels simply because the usual characters can not stop looking for trouble.

Basically, you can not get any kind of respect from the people you don't respect.. at least not not now because I remember you people used to have it your way all day everyday while we ignore you and also while the same people who are.trying to project you now looked the other way and let it get out of hand because some of us said enough is enough in our own way.

We sit here and watch while you people run wild, while you start threads just to trash Awo and other Yoruba leaders and while seun and his mods looked the other way.

Unless you people change your behavior and quit acting as.if the sun rise and set on your asss, the situation remains theu same, you'll get paid back accordingly regardless of any amount of baby sitting mods they put here to babysit you.

1. They need to stop looking for trouble.

2. They need to stop starting tribal threads.

3. They need to stop their tribal attacks on progress and developments outside their borders or in other peoples region.

4. They need to put their anger, hate and bitterness in check.

Change your ways, that's the only solution.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by PointB: 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
Another Pull Him Down thread.

Some folks will remain perpetually sad!

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by gramci: 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
PointB: Another Pull Him Down thread.

Some folks will remain perpetually sad!

They should keep gnashing their teeth
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by gramci: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
eko ilee: How many ibo mods do you need to protect and baby sit ibo posters on NL? Are they the only members around here?

This is just another silly and misguided effort because the situation remains the same until they change their attitude. It's pointless spinning your wheels simply because the usual characters can not stop looking for trouble.

Basically, you can not get any kind of respect from the people you don't respect.. at least not not now because I remember you people used to have it your way all day everyday while we ignore you and also while the same people who are.trying to project you now looked the other way and let it get out of hand because some of us said enough is enough in our own way.

We sit here and watch while you people run wild, while you start threads just to trash Awo and other Yoruba leaders and while seun and his mods looked the other way.

Unless you people change your behavior and quit acting as.if the sun rise and set on your asss, the situation remains theu same, you'll get paid back accordingly regardless of any amount of baby sitting mods they put here to babysit you.

3. They need to stop their tribal attacks on progress and developments outside their borders or in other peoples region.

See them

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Bobandgreat: 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
Its a very good thing Ikenna is doing by trying to sanitize this thread. However, some tribes are just inherently tribalistic. That is, you can't finish their profile without including tribalism. They acquired this trait from one man, yes, one man (the master of tribalism) was able to instill this trait in the DNA of a whole tribe and also succeeded in making them believe its a good thing, a way of survival. For such a tribe, they can't help but allow tribalism to creep into their posts one way or the other. Its now left to others to call them to order.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by wesley80(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: I think we all agree that bigotry should not be tolerated and we should support all moderators who are working towards its reduction.

The most effective moderator will take actions without making things worse by indirectly implying that he will overturn rules announced by fellow moderators, threatening or bullying forumites.

Moderators need the help and assistance of forumites to be successful and in this regard, Ikenna352 has failed because he has managed to p.iss off some of the very people whose help he needs. He can redeem himself if he so chooses.

You and the people he pissed off can get lost. People like you are the sickness this forum suffers from, your views, opinions and advice are only designed for the garbage bin - which incidentally may sometimes be the heads of people like you.

2 Likes

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by alfaman2: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
Whenever I see yoruba people whinning because Igbo guys are doing better jobs than them, I can't stop laughing. Seun, first started tribalism by making only his tribesmen moderators. They nearly lost him his forum. Now he is employing Igbo people because if he wants his business to succeed, he has no other option.

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Bobandgreat: Its a very good thing Ikenna is doing by trying to sanitize this thread. However, some tribes are just inherently tribalistic. That is, you can't finish their profile without including tribalism. They acquired this trait from one man, yes, one man (the master of tribalism) was able to instill this trait in the DNA of a whole tribe and also succeeded in making them believe its a good thing, a way of survival. For such a tribe, they can't help but allow tribalism to creep into their posts one way or the other. Its now left to others to call them to order.
Senseless and meaningless post! Why don't you mention the ethnic group you are referring to instead of speaking with your nostrils? A new mod is here to sanitize the political section and all you wanna do it to say rubbish? your comment is just an act of cowardice!

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
alfaman2: Whenever I see yoruba people whinning because Igbo guys are doing better jobs than them, I can't stop laughing. Seun, first started tribalism by making only his tribesmen moderators. They nearly lost him his forum. Now he is employing Igbo people because if he wants his business to succeed, he has no other option.
DUNCE! DUNCER!! DUNCEST!!!
Another Dumb post from a DUNCE!

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by alfaman2: 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
For all those saying that this section needs to be tribalism free, please do yourself a favour and come back to earth, or at least go back home and see things with your eyes. What is politics in Nigeria without tribalism? Nobody has ever heard of that before and it is a foreign concept to us. Nigeria is not France or Germany where they have no tribes wanting to rule others. So all you diasporans that think you can impose your foreign boring politics on us better think again. We are Nigerians. We don't care what you think. We hate each other even though we live together. That is how we do it. We are tribal beings. We love it. Asking us not to be tribalistic is like asking a fish not to swim or a dog not to bark. It is our nature to be tribal in politics. So dear new mods. Na you go tire. The dog will bark. The lion will roar. The snake will hiss. Ain't nothing you can do about it except killing the political section of nairaland.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Dede1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
Nigerian mentality should be a thing for case study. If any Nigerian writes criticisms of Awolowo, Azikiwe, Balewa, Bello, Achebe and Soyinka, he\she is immediately termed as a tribal bigot. Nigerians have ways of using words in sentence. I love when Nigerians refer to person who can clearly read and write as illiterate. Way to go, Naija!!!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by splashbaby(m): 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
Our Yansh: Time shall tell!!

One thing I know is‎​ that Ideas rule the world and Ikenna aint a man of ideas. He's only as bright as a 50 Watts electric bulb...

cool
For your mind you are as bright as 200watts abi...

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Bobandgreat: 3:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
LADY OF RAGE: Senseless and meaningless post! Why don't you mention the ethnic group you are referring to instead of speaking with your nostrils? A new mod is here to sanitize the political section and all you wanna do it to say rubbish? your comment is just an act of cowardice!

Lady of Rage, you r full of rage. The tribes know themselves. Are u part of them?

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Arysexy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2013
eko ilee: How many ibo mods do you need to protect and baby sit ibo posters on NL? Are they the only members around here?

@ Ikenna, BANNING ALERT! This is one of the headaches we are having here, put him on check.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by ekoilee: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Arysexy:

@ Ikenna, BANNING ALERT! This is one of the headaches we are having here, put him on check.

Guilty conciense bothering you?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by isalegan2: 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: I think we all agree that bigotry should not be tolerated and we should support all moderators who are working towards its reduction.

Ndu_Chucks will make a great moderator. let's go ahead and complete the Quadrumvirate. Three won't do for this section! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Seun(m): 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
alfaman2: Whenever I see yoruba people whinning because Igbo guys are doing better jobs than them, I can't stop laughing. Seun, first started tribalism by making only his tribesmen moderators. They nearly lost him his forum. Now he is employing Igbo people because if he wants his business to succeed, he has no other option.
This is a completely false and nonsensical lie. I have never appointed a moderator to favour my tribe. My decision to appoint Ikenna351 is based on his passion for the cause. I just decided to give him a chance to do something about it. Daz all.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Dede1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
Honestly, the Ikanga of a fellow is typical Nigerian. Did anyone read his\her reason on toasting a Yoruba bebe? It clearly shows he\she is a fellow who has issues with joystick.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seun: This is a completely false and nonsensical lie. I have never appointed a moderator to favour my tribe. My decision to appoint Ikenna351 is based on his passion for the cause. I just decided to give him a chance to do something about it. Daz all.
you just decided to give him a chance? please stop giving people chances because the chances might lead to something else and taken for granted.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by dare2think: 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2013
This is just an example of the sorry state Nigeria is.

Just an ordinary Nairaland position, imagin the developmental regression when political posts are concerned.

Heaven.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by FreeGlobe(f): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
alfaman2: For all those saying that this section needs to be tribalism free, please do yourself a favour and come back to earth, or at least go back home and see things with your eyes. What is politics in Nigeria without tribalism? Nobody has ever heard of that before and it is a foreign concept to us. Nigeria is not France or Germany where they have no tribes wanting to rule others. So all you diasporans that think you can impose your foreign boring politics on us better think again. We are Nigerians. We don't care what you think. We hate each other even though we live together. That is how we do it. We are tribal beings. We love it. Asking us not to be tribalistic is like asking a fish not to swim or a dog not to bark. It is our nature to be tribal in politics. So dear new mods. Na you go tire. The dog will bark. The lion will roar. The snake will hiss. Ain't nothing you can do about it except killing the political section of nairaland.
There are some senses in this post. A lot of Yoruba people saying tribalism must be stopped on nairaland are those ashamed of the exposure of their inherent tribal past and background. A lot of igbos saying the same thing are those that have rushed into inter tribal marriages and only protecting their interest. In essence, non of them are sincere. Nairaland is the microcosm of the Nigerian State. We see on Nairaland daily, how the leaders are always involved in bigotry. We see Buhari, we see Tinubu, we see Rochas, Sam Omatseye, Fashola, we see ACN, we see CPC/Boko Haram, we see APGA. All tribalistic and you corny folks want us to come to Nairaland and pretend we are all Americas. Nonsense!
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by FreeGlobe(f): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
Seun: This is a completely false and nonsensical lie. I have never appointed a moderator to favour my tribe. My decision to appoint Ikenna351 is based on his passion for the cause. I just decided to give him a chance to do something about it. Daz all.
Beautiful, when somebody fails flat out from the chance you have him, methinks you should drive that person back to where he came from and shop for another. Afterall its just a chance.
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by splashbaby(m): 5:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
berem: you just decided to give him a chance? please stop giving people chances because the chances might lead to something else and taken for granted.
So what should he give people to prove themselves?
Re: What Manner Of Man Is Ikenna, Politics Section New Mod? by PointB: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
My people,
Let's give Seun the benefit of the doubt, and Ikenna a chance to waive his wand. If (I have my doubts of course) 'tribalism' is routed, let the strongest and most adapted survive!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Punishment For Stubborn Children This Holiday Period (pics) / (pictures Included) If You're To Pick,which One Would You Pick,just Three / SimonAndal's Farewell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.