Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,759 members, 7,924,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 01:36 PM

Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! (8812 Views)

Poll: Do you support the ban of condoms and other "unnatural" contraceptives?

Yes: 7% (8 votes)
No: 92% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by kazey(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2008
Seriously Nigerians need to stop going to places of worship,
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by muyii12: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2008
why do nairalanders boarder themselves in matters that do not have a locus standi,even if they ban em in anambra state,it is very easy to call a friend in Enugu to get me a packet of those CD's.again Cd's are wat we guys carry in our wallet.the most annoying part is that those people that made the law will be those buying even the most expensive one's.like the senators,house of rep members and local government chairmen minus the governor because he is a good man.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by outlaws(m): 8:28am On Apr 08, 2008
cool

Does Anambra State government officials have any sense?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by topkin(m): 8:31am On Apr 08, 2008

Is this really the right thing to do? I feel it's going in the wromg direction. Fine, one shouldn't encourage promiscuity or immorality, but the fact remains that we are in a society where the reality around us tells us that sex is almost everything in this "perversed" generation. Shying away from the reality of this will be doing more harm than good. We have to face reality; PEOPLE WILL NEVER STOP HAVING SEX, even when Jesus himself comes and gives a specific date He's coming.

I think the govt will only escalate the problem by what they are doing. Jst a personal opinion.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by jgirl3: 8:49am On Apr 08, 2008
Okay, no disrespect to Anambra people but this is a stupid move.

Aids is not a joke. Do they really think lack of condoms will stop most of the population from doing it? What exactly are they trying to do? Stop illegitimate children or stop pre-marital sex? They are in for the shock of their lives. The way STDs will deal with them ehn! They will reintroduce all these methods quick quick.

Abeg now that you people have heard this, think twice before you sleep with someone that lives in Anambra. They might not have found CDs before doing the deed with some other girl.

Come to think of it - what of family planning? If a woman is just too fertile and she keeps having children that she cannot cater to, will the government give them some form of money to take care of their 10 kids? Hisssssssssssssssssss. . . . . . . . .
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by husu(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2008
I think the best thing for we anambrarians is to hide your condoms very deep inside your bag while travelling to Anambra State.Cause this police men go worry.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Elia(f): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2008
Really There will be many omuguos for mothers to attend in the next nine months!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by mistamalik: 9:57am On Apr 08, 2008
Totally against it!
If they insist,use your socks (if it fits!) wink
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by SamMilla1(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2008
any state govt that encourages the ban of condom should be dismantled by te federal govt. this generation needs something even moe protective than the condoms and since we have none yet, condome should be distributed freely in every university in Nigeria.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by ebos(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2008
I didn’t want to contribute anything here but I’m compelled to post because Catholic Church is now mentioned. However, if God could kill biblical Onan for practicing a sex system similar to condom, then who are you to say that Catholic Church and Anambra State have not taken a good decision? Let’s try to see the decision through the eyes of the Creator and stop lacking attention and twisting the main issue because of our desire to justify immorality as you may come up to say now that Catholic Church or Anambra State has taken a decision that depicts backwardness simply because people must have sex whether you ban condom or not – so, what’s the need of banning it?

Please, reflect on an area in your own life where you would like to exercise morality, and build that moral life accordingly. It’s wrong when people try to modify their behavior in pursuit of immorality to the extent of pushing behind what God approves. Whatever the explanation I may give, consistently doing any activity that requires self-control, total abstinence seems to increase your relationship with God and not man and it’s highly associated with success in life.

I repeat, telling people to use condom just because human-beings must have sex is satanic.
So, for those claiming that Catholic Church does not keep the word of God – going with this idea of using condom, who is encouraging immorality? Catholic Church or other denominations? Please answer!

All of us cannot dance the same way - that's my opinion and you have yours.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by steaming(f): 10:50am On Apr 08, 2008
Now that would be so  so sad and quite disappointing coming from Obi the man i have proudly supported and respect his vision for his state all along. In every sense of it, it is wrong.

I really do not know why some people have chosen to reamain in the dark and at the end of the day is the government going to take care of those babies produced? or they are going to leave them to start constituting some kind of nuisance loitering around and begging for money. Please they should use thier tongue to count thier teeth.

Not too surprised though this is what we get when they refuse to give opportunity to the younger ones.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by JayFK(m): 10:57am On Apr 08, 2008
ebos:

I didn’t want to contribute anything here but I’m compelled to post because Catholic Church is now mentioned. However, if God could kill biblical Onan for practicing a sex system similar to condom, then who are you to say that Catholic Church and Anambra State have not taken a good decision? Let’s try to see the decision through the eyes of the Creator and stop lacking attention and twisting the main issue because of our desire to justify immorality as you may come up to say now that Catholic Church or Anambra State has taken a decision that depicts backwardness simply because people must have sex whether you ban condom or not – so, what’s the need of banning it?

Please, reflect on an area in your own life where you would like to exercise morality, and build that moral life accordingly. It’s wrong when people try to modify their behavior in pursuit of immorality to the extent of pushing behind what God approves. Whatever the explanation I may give, consistently doing any activity that requires self-control, total abstinence seems to increase your relationship with God and not man and it’s highly associated with success in life.

I repeat, telling people to use condom just because human-beings must have sex is satanic.
So, for those claiming that Catholic Church does not keep the word of God – going with this idea of using condom, who is encouraging immorality? Catholic Church or other denominations? Please answer!

All of us cannot dance the same way - that's my opinion and you have yours.

This is not about what "god" wants. This is not even an issue. Keep religion separate from politics, you have nothing to gain by mixing them. Anambra state is not the freaking Vatican.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2008
All hail Anambra-

the 'direct entry' State  grin
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by steaming(f): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2008
"When i was a child. i thought like a child now i am a man, i should think like a man"

Now i really dont see how the catholic church or anyother is coming into this matter. This is a decision being taken for a state of how many towns and people are here saying if the catholic church condemns it then why shouldn't Anambra?

Whether or not you use it is on a personal note, when taking decision for a large number of people you have to put sentiments aside and do what is in the best interestt of the people.

@ebo, would you rather see your friends and family dying of AIDS? I guess not. Preach abstinence at its best but people should be given an option to still live thier lives as they deem best.

"Life and death i have kept before you but i urge you to choose life that it may be well with you"
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by tundebabzy: 11:08am On Apr 08, 2008
I thought there had to be a voting process in the house before anything can become a law. I am 100% sure that such a bill can never be passed into law. The only place that such can be discussed is the beer parlor.
What of married people or is it that one would have to show a marriage certificate to buy a condom.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by ebos(m): 11:13am On Apr 08, 2008
JayFK:

This is not about what "god" wants. This is not even an issue. Keep religion separate from politics, you have nothing to gain by mixing them. Anambra state is not the freaking Vatican.

They brought in religion (Catholic Church) here. Had they not mentioned Catholic Church, I would not have posted anything here.

quote from steaming:
@ebo, would you rather see your friends and family dying of AIDS? I guess not. Preach abstinence at its best but people should be given an option to still live their lives as they deem best.

"Life and death i have kept before you but i urge you to choose life that it may be well with you"

What a quote! Don't you think total abstinence is choosing life? Condom does not guarantee 100% safe.
Meanwhile, some few guys here mentioned Catholic Church and that was why I posted.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 08, 2008
Bad Move Anambra State, Bad Move. undecided Hehe, i believe this law will not work out at all, people will probably still continue to purchase contraceptives cheesy
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Uby40(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2008
its just a pity that Amambra state is just about being tagged the state with the highest number of HIV patients in the whole of Africa, i call such stuffs "INSANE". if they only knew what they were getting themselves in to as a state, they'll reverse their so-called ban.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by shawn123: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2008
This bloody commissioner is probably HIV positive and is looking for a way to infect everybody around him. so the easy way is ban condoms. I thought they said the northerners dont have sense, funny even a commissioner in the north would not try such, isnt it ironic shocked
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by gentlegg(m): 12:24pm On Apr 08, 2008
Personally am between a fix. Should I support Anambra State ban of condom or should I support ranting nairalanders.

Pls b4 u crucify Anambra govt for proposing a ban on condom sales lets reserve a thought for the 2 cardinal points the government made, I quote "Instead of teaching children how to use condoms to enjoy sex they should be taught total abstinence," AND  "The use of condoms has greatly encouraged immorality,"

I 100% agree to the points, condom has ravaged and demoralized morality in our society today. People feel so safe to commit immorality recklessly. The problem with we human being is that, we always want to do wrong and never want to face preceeding consequences. People want to Bleep anyhow just to please their fucking minds while is so obvious that Bleep outside marriage is totally wrong.

Yes without condom people will still Bleep, hence increasing social hazards but I believe by the time people starts geting more STDs and more fucking consequences, they will then not need a pastor to preach to them to stop fucking.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by shakamc(m): 12:25pm On Apr 08, 2008
i wonder how people will protect their self in my state,
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by steaming(f): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2008
@ ebo can youpease stop with this your "if they hadn't mentioned catholic here, i wouldn't have said anything"? You dont have to go left cos someother person is going left. Like i said earlier sentiments aside when dealling with a larger front.

If you are saying Anambra is right cos the catholiic church does same, then admit waht you are saying and not telling me you only mentioned it cos somebody else said so.

be your own man. make your decisions and stand by it. The two are different issues.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by redsun(m): 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2008
This is total madness,where is the system heading to,backward or forward?Nigeria will soon become worse than southern african countries in terms of h.i.v.

I wonder what is in the head of this politicians,there case is just a no go area,not even dealing with a slow child will be more difficult.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by jaymes(m): 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2008
All Protocols observed, Your Excellency Sir, Governor Peter Obi, I must confess you are a BIG IDIOT for endorsing the ban in the use of condoms in Anambra State. God bless you sir and make sure you ask for wisdom when you are praying, because clearly you are as daft as a shoe! wink
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Sisikill: 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
Awww. . .don't you just love when the moral brigade comes a-marching? It's so entertaining. . .

Who was it who said morality is the best device for leading people by the nose? And if I remember correctly, domesticated animals are led to slaughter by their noses. Well, If this isn't a typical example of that, I don't know what is.

How long have we been preaching abstinence and how well has that worked out? Obviously not so well or the number of teen pregnancies and STDs won't be on the raise. . .yet in the middle of this epidemic, our esteemed lawmakers decide to withhold something that just might help curb it. Honestly, why don't they just line people up in the village squares and shoot 'em up? It's gonna take less time and they won't have to go through the whole process of looking for a flimpsy excuse to justify murder. Yes. . .MURDER.

By the way I think the whole [I]if we give them contraceptive, they'll have more sex[/I] is the most illogical arguement ever! They ARE having sex regardless. . .but of course, we are Nigerians and burying our heads in the sand is what we do best.

@
Bawomolo
Hey. . .Nice business idea! Blackmarket for Condoms. . .I'm so gonna looking into that. You're not gonna come to me looking for a cut are you? tongue
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by tpia: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2008
so are they going to outfit everyone with chastity belts?

How will banning contraceptives stop people from having sex?

na shari'a state?

seriously though, I think S Ireland tried something similar at one time.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by ifyalways(f): 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
A very stupid move . . . .the result wud be too disastrous
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by stag: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
i almost entirely believe in time as a very good judge. lets see over time what becomes of anambra state. when i read it about 2wks ago in the papers i was amazed. only that bulk of the state's punishment will be on the young ignorant and naive girls. increasing HIV cases, increasing unwanted pregnancies, increased libido (cos damn! sex without condom is da bomb, makes u feel like doing it one more time wink). in general this state will eventually declare 'state of emergency'.
jobless lawmakers leaving out more controversial and important issues to trash out and providing comic relief in the state affairs angry
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Dreloaded(f): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2008
I suppose you are referencing Latinos but their relatively higher birth rates cuts across denominations and is normal for people coming from such developing countries

No. It's cos they're Catholics  grin

They believe in fornication but not birth control

Twisted logic.

Im sure your pope will forgive me for telling the truth, 4Play  tongue
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2008
God help Nigeria. Condoms were first invented in rome to prevent the roman soldiers from catching STDs and not being effective on the battle field.
Its just sad. Condom or no condom, people will still have sex like they have been doing for centuries. Im reading a lot of posts from people who talk abt "consequences",
Thats self righteous crap. I am sure you would love people to die of stds so that your sense of moral superiority would be justified.
This is the reason God is God and not a man. We should focus on other things in Nigeria instead of appointing people as the moral police.
Condoms save lives, like it or not. A live saved today might repent tomorrow.
We should stop being backward, I mean first, it was that female commissioner talking abt indecent dressing, now this
Cheers
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by spikedcylinder: 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2008
This reminds of of some gist i heard about a guy who had been trying to "bone" a girl for so long without success. One day the girl finally agrees and when he was about to "go in", he realised that he was out of condoms. He knew that if he ran out to get some, the girl would have changed her mind before he got back so he did the best thing. He prayed to God by saying, "I sanctify the p*ssy in Jesus name" and dove straight in!!!!

Anambra people, if they dont want you people to use condoms, use sugar nylon, groundnut nylon or whatever you can find to protect yourself. O di kwa important o!!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by tpia: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
spikedcylinder:

when he was about to "go in", he realised that he was out of condoms. He knew that if he ran out to get some, the girl would have changed her mind before he got back so he did the best thing.

[size=14pt]He prayed to God by saying, "I sanctify the p*ssy in Jesus name" and dove straight in!!!![/size]

boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rice Import Drops By 50% As Local Production Kicks - Minister / Gov. Ambode To Provide 20 New Rural Roads In Each LGA Every Year / Buhari Not Against Restructuring - Ngige

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.